Legion World
Posted By: Emily Sivana Nintendo Switch - 01/20/17 11:51 PM
The Switch is Nintendo's new console that has a launch date of March 3rd 2017. I have been watching the new official Stream Event and various reactions since I regained Internet access (I switched providers. I walked into that pun). I am very excited, even though I do not fully understand how it works. I tend to play most games on the PC nowadays as it is convenient for me (I spend so much time chatting it is easier to play games on it when my friends are busy). However, if the Switch is both a home console and portable, I think I will buy it.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Nintendo Switch - 01/22/17 10:22 AM
I checked it out online. Seems like you take the system with you on a tablet.

My son likes the concept. I'd like simpler games to be able to play with him. Honestly, the controllers are so complicated these days. I'm an old NES guy. So a simpler control system would work for me. And from what I could see, the controllers for it seem a lot easier. My son has xbox1 and tried to get me to play a game with him. Titanfall 2. It was simply beyond me. He runs it like a champ.

Posted By: Lard Lad Re: Nintendo Switch - 01/23/17 07:05 PM
Of the three consoles, my kids have always been most loyal to the Nintendo ones and their family of games, so it's a sure bet we'll get it at some point after its release. (We've only owned PS1 & PS4 and X-Box 360, while we've had all the Nintendos back to Super NES.) I'm not sure exactly what all it is supposed to do, either. The boys are all abuzz, though.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Nintendo Switch - 01/24/17 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by rickshaw1
I checked it out online. Seems like you take the system with you on a tablet.

My son likes the concept. I'd like simpler games to be able to play with him. Honestly, the controllers are so complicated these days. I'm an old NES guy. So a simpler control system would work for me. And from what I could see, the controllers for it seem a lot easier. My son has xbox1 and tried to get me to play a game with him. Titanfall 2. It was simply beyond me. He runs it like a champ.

I think you should check out the NES Classic Mini that was released late in 2016. It is a remake of that console with over thirty built-in games (and it comes with Save features). There was a shortage, but there might be more in stock now.

I am looking forward to Mario Odyssey. They seem to be drawing from a ton of different Mario worlds for that game.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Nintendo Switch - 01/30/17 07:41 PM
Thanks Emily. I'll look into it. I did find a collection of the original DOOM games for his xbox1, and he seemed to like it. But his handheld controller is a lot different from my old one. I still get lost with so many buttons to control, but since I'm familiar with the game it's not tooooo bad.

I just can't do the four and five button combinations to make some character run up a wall do a flip and land on a flying geranium while shooting up meds to extend a life. At least, that's what they seem like to me. wink
© Legion World