Legion World
Posted By: Emily Sivana Games People Play - 02/08/17 07:45 PM
I chose this title (that Fanfic Lady suggested) because "What are you play?" kind of sounds aggressive. I love video games. I would say, they are my third most used form of entertainment (behind clip videos and chatting). I have played a wide variety of games, from complicated RPGs to "casual games" such as Tetris.

I am currently debating whether or not to buy Stellaris. I almost got it on sale, but it just ended. shudder
Posted By: Blacula Re: Games People Play - 02/09/17 01:36 AM
I didn't grow up playing computer games (other than sort of brief but intense stints playing random things like Tetris and Pong and The Colonel's Bequest while house-sitting) so missed out on a lot of the medium's iconic touchstones of the 80s/90s/00s. But I finally got a decent PC in my early 30s and discovered PC games then. Now I LOVE them. Such a fantastic and quality art-form (as I consider many to be) and SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH (x infinity) more value-for-money than comic books are, which I began to fall out of love with at around the same time.

The only thing I hate about computer games is that there are too many good ones out there and not enough time to play them all! haha

I'm almost exclusively a PC guy (only because, until recently, I've never owned a console) so those are pretty much the only ones I play. I recently came into possession of a PS4 though so, since I'm a horror movie fan, I bought 'Until Dawn' and look forward to playing that one dark and stormy night.

I don't really have a lot of time to play lots of different games so I tend to research for ones I'll hopefully like and then, if so (which it usually is) play them to death.

Games I have spent way too many hours in:

* Guild Wars 2: The first and only MMO I've ever played but I love, love, love it! I am so into the lore and characters and history of that world! It's my new DC Universe since Dan Didio and co. debased and murdered that one.

* Civilization IV: Unbelievably addictive. I've installed it and then uninstalled and then reinstalled so many times in order to stop it from distracting me. For someone who's played it as many times as I have though, I'm totally crap at it. haha I think I've only ever beaten it once or twice on even the easiest difficulties.

* XCOM: The Enemy Within: So, SO good! I've even got my non-computer playing brother and his friends into it. Punishingly difficult but so satisfying and you will not believe how attached you get to those little pixelated men and women that you send out to their death or salvation (but usually death).

* Pillars of Eternity: A throwback to RPG games of the 80s (or so I hear) and it makes me thankful I never discovered those games then or else I might never have gone to school. Fun combat, entertaining characters, interesting world, and a surprisingly dark and affecting story.

* The Walking Dead (Telltale Games): So much like actually being inside the comic book (when it was good)! Anyone who's a fan of that property really needs to play this game (and it's sequel). It is better than both the comic and the TV series!

* Titan Quest: Simple but very entertaining, especially for a Greek mythology buff like me. As a youngster I couldn't fantasize about anything more awesome than living in mythological ancient Greece, and this game lets me do it!

I don't know anything about Stellaris Emily, but if it's on sale, give it a go. I've found a few gems on Steam that way. What games are you into?
Posted By: Blacula Re: Games People Play - 02/09/17 01:47 AM
I completely forgot to mention the first game to get me into PC gaming:

* The Elder Scrolls - Morrowind: Such an amazing RPG. This is the game that made me realise how much depth and creativity and intricate world-building a computer game could offer; Together with a totally immersive game-playing experience. It so saddens me that I never finished it (due to moving to a different country and a bunch of other stuff) so never got to find out how the incredible story ended. I know there have been 2 or 3 sequels since it (which have all received incredible reviews and sales) but I haven't played them yet. One day.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Games People Play - 02/16/17 07:06 PM
I bought Stellaris last night. I am willing to do a multi-player session with people here. It is basically like a RPG/strategy game and the program does most of the hard work for you, so it is relaxing.
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Games People Play - 03/14/17 02:29 PM
I am looking for help in getting screenshots from Steam or Xbox. I want to use them in my reviews/walkthroughs, but cannot seem a way to transfer them to my PC.
Posted By: thoth lad Re: Games People Play - 03/14/17 07:11 PM
For Steam

1.Bring up the Steam application.
2.From the menu choose Steam..Settings.
3.The Settings screen will come up. Choose the In-Game tab.
4.Check the checkbox for "Enable the Steam Overlay while in-game".
5.Take note of the "Screenshot shortcut keys" so you know which key to press when taking the screenshot.

Posted By: Dave Hackett Re: Games People Play - 03/14/17 07:59 PM
For Xbox:

1. Turn off the Xbox.
2. Unplug it
3. Disconnect from your media.
4. Deposit the Xbox in a garbage bin.
5. Head to the store and purchase a PS4.
6. Capture and share what you like.
Posted By: rickshaw1 Re: Games People Play - 03/17/17 12:59 AM
I can make a guy punch bricks and hit them with his head....does that count?
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: Games People Play - 03/20/17 11:18 PM
I finally was able to get some screenshots. There are of my current play-through of Stellaris. I have had terrible luck as most of my neighbors are either xenophobes or hegemonic imperialists. I might end up having to be be a vassal of a friendly state if things so south.

Attached picture 20170319214905_1.jpg
Attached picture 20170319205827_1.jpg
Attached picture 20170319215646_1.jpg
© Legion World