Legion World
Posted By: Myg - Andy S DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/18/20 06:46 PM
So the first episode of the live-action Stargirl just premiered on the DC Universe streaming service (it'll appear on The CW online the day after airing on DCU)

I liked it.

Appearances from a good amount of JSA members and Injustice Society members.

Decent amount of action amidst the high school angst. Good interplay between Courtney and Pat
Posted By: stile86 Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/19/20 12:26 AM
Do you know if this connects to the JSA and Stargirl seen in Legends show?
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/19/20 12:30 AM
Per the end of Crisis, this is set on the post-Crisis Earth-2.
Posted By: Elvar Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/19/20 12:52 AM
Earth-1/Earth-Pime (New Multiverse) JSA/Legends of Tomorrow
Earth-2 (New Multiverse) JSA/Stargirl
Earth-167 JSA/Smallville
Posted By: stile86 Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/20/20 12:46 AM
Cool Thanks
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/20/20 02:12 PM
I thought it was pretty decent.

I'm not a fan of the basic "the whole team got slaughtered ten years ago and now a new generation discovers their legacy" trope, but it was pretty well-done, and the leads are compelling.

I look forward to seeing where it goes.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/20/20 02:59 PM
LOL!
I was doing the math and thinking "so they had these kids 16 years ago?" so they were 6 when you went super psycho killer?

Then realizing supervillains use a secret identity because of Child Protection Services

Definitely a darker version of the Injustice Society. What happened to the zany death traps?
Posted By: Emily Sivana Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/30/20 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by Elvar
Earth-1/Earth-Pime (New Multiverse) JSA/Legends of Tomorrow
Earth-2 (New Multiverse) JSA/Stargirl
Earth-167 JSA/Smallville

So is this on the same planet as the other DCU live-action shows, Titans and Doom Patrol or is that a separate Earth/Earths?

I would love to see a crossover between this show and Titans after Stargirl gets all the origin story drama out of the way.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/30/20 09:40 PM
Titans is a different Earth (Earth-9 apparently).

I continued to enjoy the second episode. I hope they don't quickly go to having every villain know her secret identity, though.
Posted By: lancesrealm Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 05/31/20 08:31 PM

I've watched both episodes, and I've really enjoyed both of them. I typically don't watch anything on live TV, yet now I'm watching both this and Agents of Shield. Oh, well, it's not like I have anywhere to go, anyway...
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 06/25/20 12:54 AM
I absolutely *loved* last night's episode. I honestly would never have imagined Sportsmaster translating so well to live action, but that was incredible.
Posted By: Myg - Andy S Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 06/28/20 11:14 PM
Yeah the character development and plotting is solid. I like the characters, especially as we get to know them.
When I rewatch the episodes, I pick up a lot of things I missed.

STRIPE looks impressive and cool.
Posted By: Eryk Davis Ester Re: DC Universe / CW Stargirl - 08/13/21 01:17 AM
You know... as cynical as I am generally about anything Geoff Johns touches, and as underwhelmed as I am generally with DC TV shows, I have to say this show is really knocking it out of the park.
© Legion World