Legion World
Well, lets face it, it's gotta be the deafness.

I mean, you get these two super folks clappin ass. The sonic boom gonna be deafing anyone near by. Supes and Wondy...half the east coast deaf. Even worse than all the structural damage from the oscillating vibrating of the superbooty.
Great thread Rick!

1) having to wear underwear on the outside

2) having to starve yourself and abstain completely from alcohol, else you won't be able to fit into your skintight suit

3) having to fly without protection against the blinding hot sun, or freezing rain, or windshear, or bugs getting squished against you...

4) having to read the nasty social media comments about you from ungrateful )@()#()_@(
Having a verse about you written and sung by the guy from Matchbox 20.
The cost of Nair for "down there" and everywhere.
Originally Posted by Invisible Brainiac
Great thread Rick!
2) having to starve yourself and abstain completely from alcohol, else you won't be able to fit into your skintight suit

If my powers don't come with a super-metabolism/healing factor/shapeshifting shenanigans to eliminate this risk, I don't want 'em!

Mine for sure would be remembering to log in to the right Twitter account so I don't accidentally out myself when I'm telling everyone about how I kicked Sonar's ass yesterday laugh
or... having to pretend to get injured like a normal human being, and explain why you're not doubling down in pain after dropping a crate on your foot...
Great thread Rick!
3) having to fly without protection against the blinding hot sun, or freezing rain, or windshear, or bugs getting squished against you...

Oh yes, anyone who has ridden a motorcyle (without a helmet) knows the existential dread of bugs in your teeth. A june beetle hits like a bullet when you're on the highway!

I imagine it would be many times worse when flying, and I suddenly realize why Lex Luthor had the Legion of Doom build their base *in a swamp!* Any time Superman comes to trash their evil plans, he gets mosquitos and clouds of swamp midges in his mouth! The sheer evil genius of that man!
Originally Posted by Set
I imagine it would be many times worse when flying, and I suddenly realize why Lex Luthor had the Legion of Doom build their base *in a swamp!* Any time Superman comes to trash their evil plans, he gets mosquitos and clouds of swamp midges in his mouth! The sheer evil genius of that man!
LOL. What a great image.
Chafing.
Originally Posted by stile86
Originally Posted by Set
LOL. What a great image.

When I said that, I wasn't expecting this, but I love it!
Having to pass all the FAA regulations just to prove you can fly. I mean, jeez.
Having your Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts investigated for posting "seditious" content. It was just a meme for grife's sake! And I haven't even figured out Tiktok or Snapchat yet!
Sitting down in a leotard. Things ride up in uncomfortable places.
Trying to hit on hotties while being known as "The Fastest Man Alive".
Law suits for violating the rights of every super criminal you stop.
Healthcare. All that flying exposes you to UV rays, air pollution..
As with every hero, gotta be an evil love interest. Eva Lean, the Girlfiend.
having to go to the bathroom in the middle of patrolling. that costume isn't easy to wear!
Oh sure, let one male superhero get pissed off and it's "ah, that bad guy had it coming for 'x'!" But let one woman superhero get pissed and it's "Oh, must be her time of the month!"
As an Asian superhero, I'm tired of always being asked: "Is it true you're smaller than other males? How does it feel being less muscular and shorter? Do women and men suddenly find you more attractive now that you're parading around in spandex all the time?"
Always being broke AF. Look, I'm not a billionaire industrialist with immense family wealth. Before the canister of goo, I was a data processor. Now, some big shit happens, i go to help, lose my job. Best I can get is night clerk at the seven eleven.
So called 'legacy heroes' with their newfangled power creep nonsense.

I was the original golden age Blandman, darnit, who are these new people using my name? I managed to fight crime with a good right hook and a sedative gas gun, what the heck is an 'Endless?'
Not being able to drink and relax in the tub, because one never knows when an emergency will happen
Not being able to drink and relax in the tub, because one never knows when an emergency will happen
Unless you're Aqualad, in which case you'd be expected to be in the tub, when there's an emergency.
All the good names are already taken
I ended up with 'Dumb Bunny 2'
Danny Chase will just lift the tub and throw you at the enemy
Where I have to stick the plug to recharge my "energy" powers.
Having to always reply in a nice and polite way, even when I want to scream at idiocy
My dinner is always always ALWAYS COLD! GAAAAAHHHHHH! *smashslambreakkickscreamagainstabtrainingdummy* Anger Issues Dan
Having to keep in absolute top shape, and not eating anything yummy like ice cream or burgers
Having to wear only a corset, swim trunks, gloves and calf boots and being a dude that comes from a cold planet!
no wonder Polar Boy was always all dolled up
The "No Fraternization" rule. Yeah, Batman can boink Catwoman and Talia, but let me, Sea List Man, hook up with Evilyn one drunken night when neither of us knew who the other one was, and suddenly I'm "a liability" to the Justice Union of Middle City.
And heaven help you if a nude of yours gets leaked
"....I said send NOODLES! NOODLES! Suddenly all these inappropriate people sending me pics....and of course THAT's what gets reported..."
“I only received the pics, i didn’t ask for them!!”
Bad guys that don't follow societal norms for hygene. I mean really, c'mon Dookie Dude, take a damn bath.
Having so many fans suggestively flirting with you in public
Having NO fans suggestively flirting with you in public.
Having fans trying to aggressively flirt with you by invading your home
Having to pay property taxes on your secret sanctum.
Having people protest that your secret sanctum could better be used to provide subsidized housing
Having to allow tourists parties to go round the Fortress of Solitude to make ends meet. No solitude now...
Having to allow tourists to take fake wedding pics with me...

... and I have to wear the wedding gown or tux of their choice....
© Legion World