Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/23/24 10:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:36 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/22/24 02:40 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by razsolo - 04/21/24 04:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13
Re: Official Legion HeroClix Thread
#595811 09/02/11 10:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Thom and Thom:

http://heroclix.com/heroclix/stars-my-destination/

A figure with both the Legion keyword and JSA team Ability? Pricey, but a must have on larger Legion theme teams. Everyone shares defense!

#595812 09/02/11 10:29 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Originally posted by Blacula:
[b] These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

I just really hate the grey colour they've used on Invisible Kid II though. If they wanted to make him look invisible, they should have used a clear plastic. As it is, he just looks like a powered up Ferro Lad.
Jacques will be clear transparent since he was already shown at the Comics Convention, alongside Star boy, Sensor Girl, etc. [/b]
Oh he will? That's cool. I was just going by the pic linked to a couple of posts up where he seemed a grey colour.

Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.

I wish I could rewind time and be a teenager again so I could get into this sort of stuff again.

#595813 09/03/11 04:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
kind of had a slight connection with Legion and that was during the Silver Age, but no more....still I want to bring it over here...

Composite Superman !!

link:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...80458.133811649078&type=1&ref=nf

#595814 09/03/11 05:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
[b]
[b] These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted.

I just really hate the grey colour they've used on Invisible Kid II though. If they wanted to make him look invisible, they should have used a clear plastic. As it is, he just looks like a powered up Ferro Lad.
Jacques will be clear transparent since he was already shown at the Comics Convention, alongside Star boy, Sensor Girl, etc. [/b]
Oh he will? That's cool. I was just going by the pic linked to a couple of posts up where he seemed a grey colour.

Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.

I wish I could rewind time and be a teenager again so I could get into this sort of stuff again. [/b]
heres the link to the one where they showed the picture of Invisible Kid....but I am not sure if you are a member of HCrealms or not. If not , then you will have to register to order to get in and look at those pictures. If you are a member then log in and see the picture.

http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/album.php?albumid=1924&pictureid=17459

#595815 09/04/11 10:18 AM
Active
Active
Brainiac 5 's stats is so ......wrong. I am sorry to say that, just that it's my opinion that he has soft defense and ability to damage 2 ...???
I think his defense is pretty good. I mean, the highest defense I've seen in the game is 21, and that was on Galactus & the Spectre. Superman is usually 17/18 with Invulnerability or Impervious. Brainy gets Invulnerability and can give Toughness, and only costs 88pts to field.

Totally agree on the damage, though. Should be no more than 1.

These are all excellent moulds IMO - I really love how they've been crafted....

....Looking at that Star Boy pic (and an Earth Man one I saw after a bit of snooping) and I am *really* impressed with the level of detail and skill that's been put into these toys. They're better than 99% of the action figure toys I've seen.
Caveat
The figures for actual purchase will not look this good. These are pre-production digital molds painted by experts. The finished products are factory assembly line painted.

I wish they looked that good! smile

heres the link to the one where they showed the picture of Invisible Kid....but I am not sure if you are a member of HCrealms or not. If not , then you will have to register to order to get in and look at those pictures. If you are a member then log in and see the picture.
If you can't see it there, the picture is on the previous page, 3 posts from the bottom.

#595816 09/04/11 11:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by kenaustin:
[b] Brainiac 5 's stats is so ......wrong. I am sorry to say that, just that it's my opinion that he has soft defense and ability to damage 2 ...???
I think his defense is pretty good. I mean, the highest defense I've seen in the game is 21, and that was on Galactus & the Spectre. Superman is usually 17/18 with Invulnerability or Impervious. Brainy gets Invulnerability and can give Toughness, and only costs 88pts to field.

Totally agree on the damage, though. Should be no more than 1.

If you can't see it there, the picture is on the previous page, 3 posts from the bottom. [/b]
hmm about brainiac 5's defense, you are in the minority...many players in HCRealms agreed with me saying that he should have higher defense because his force field is the strongest at best...should have the impervious and at least 18...look at Captain America costing 86 points with the defense of 18 and ES/D, Molly 19 defense, Black Adam 19 defense, Nightcrawler 19 def, Molecule Man 19 def, Invisible Woman/Girl has shield and Invulnerable and 19 def (all less than 88 points) too, so why not Brainiac 5? Only Starman, Supergirl, Phantom Girl, Ultra Boy, and Young Superman has the highest defense of them all.

presently, so far there are at least 450 figures with 18 defense...at least 73 figures with 19 defense....21 figures with 20 defense.

Ah about Invisible Kid...completely forgot about that in the previous page, so yes thats the picture. smile

#595817 09/04/11 11:33 AM
Active
Active
Composite Superman

click to enlarge

Star Boy

click to enlarge

Starman

click to enlarge

#595818 09/04/11 01:16 PM
Active
Active
hmm about brainiac 5's defense, you are in the minority...many players in HCRealms agreed with me saying that he should have higher defense because his force field is the strongest at best...should have the impervious and at least 18...
smile That doesn't surprise me at all. They people over at HCRealms are far more knowledgeable than I am. I'll be the first to say I'm far from being good at Heroclix. smile

I'll admit, from their low combat values and short dials, to their not-so-accurate standard & named powers, I've always thought the Legionnaires have been given the short shrift in Heroclix. Although I do think they did a good job with Matter-Eater Lad (especially if his "Matter Eaten" power gets ruled to work on carried objects), Earth Man's "Absorbancy" should've been on par or better than Nico Minoru's "Staff of One."

Even so, don't you think the new Brainy is tons better than the other 3?

#595819 10/01/11 11:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Yoo.....I got a lot of Legion love....especially with a lot of Brainiac 5, Starboy, Starman, Sun Boy, Matter Eater Lad, etc....I would like to give them away - so give me a PM and I will be happy to ship out to your home so you can have it on your display or play with it or put it next to the Action Figure. smile PM me right away!

Faraway Lad #785573 08/30/13 09:37 PM
Active
Active
For those who are interested...

Just got hit with a big surprise out of nowhere from Wizkids. The first expansion for early 2014 will be Superman and the Legion of Super-Heroes!

It will come in random 5 figure Booster boxes, single figure Gravity Feed boxes, a 6 figure Lex Luthor led "Legion of Doom" Fast Forces set, and an only available to retailers Organized Play Kit. Gravity Feed release date is 1/29/14, all others 2/12//14.

Sub-themes of the set include Legion Lost, the Legion Espionage Squad, the villainous Legion of Doom and the New Gods.

Confirmed Legion related figures so far...
Cosmic Boy, Lightning Lad, Phantom Girl, Saturn Girl, Superman, Ultra Boy, Validus, and at least one Daxamite and one Science Police.

click to enlarge click to enlarge

Faraway Lad #786077 09/01/13 08:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Yikes! Where did this come from! What a nice surprise and thank you for posting this Ken. Question? It sounds like some of these (retailer exclusives?) may be difficult to obtain. I have collected all the Legion Heroclix and don't recall a retailer exclusive. Is this new? Will this cost big bucks on eBay? Any insight would be most appreciated.

AndrewNolan #786126 09/02/13 07:44 AM
Active
Active
Originally Posted by AndrewNolan
Yikes! Where did this come from! What a nice surprise and thank you for posting this Ken. Question? It sounds like some of these (retailer exclusives?) may be difficult to obtain. I have collected all the Legion Heroclix and don't recall a retailer exclusive. Is this new? Will this cost big bucks on eBay? Any insight would be most appreciated.

The announcement blew me away, too...with Legion getting canceled and all. Did you know they've started doing vehicles in HeroClix now? How cool would it be if they made a Time Bubble or Legion Cruiser?!?! smile

As to the question of the cost, the short answer is probably yes. It all boils down to the figures they make, what rarity they are, and how good their dials are.

The long answer...

The breakdown by rarity of the figures found in boosters will be:
16 Common figures (plus 1 Prime)
16 Uncommon figures (plus 1 Prime)
13 Rare figures (plus 1 Prime)
11 Super Rare figures (plus 1 Prime)
5 Chase figures
4 Toyman drone figures
1 Buy-it-by-the-Brick figure (1 per 10 booster pack)

The Organized Play kits are only given to retailers as participation & prize giveaways for their in-house weekly tournaments. These OP kits are strictly limited to 3 per retailer, with the amount depending on how many cases of the product they order.

Each OP kit contains:
3 Limited Edition figures (3 of each)
3 3D Special objects (10 of each)
1 2-sided map (10 of each)

With the Legion being the headliners of the set I'm guessing they will have at least 1 Chase, 1 Prime, a couple of Super Rares, and a figure and/or object in the OP kit. I'm also expecting the map to be Legion oriented as well. All of these can demand a pretty penny on eBay when the set is first released. The prices usually go down with time unless the figures are very good for play or in high demand.

sigh...starting to save up money now. smile

Faraway Lad #786177 09/02/13 02:31 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I am still in complete disbelief! This is great news! Thanks again for the post Ken. I guess the real challenge will be the contents of the OP kits. How many of these will be Legion related and how soon do I want them?

A Time Bubble or Legion Cruiser! Oh my! That would be just incredible! If the Legion Cruiser is included I will buy a fleet! I am really looking forward to this release!

Faraway Lad #786181 09/02/13 04:08 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
The OP/prize figures are usually much easier to obtain on the secondary market (eBay) than the Super Rares (and of course, you could actually play in a few local tournaments to get a shot at them as well). The most difficult to obtain will be the Primes and Chases.

According to the release descriptions so far, there are no Super Boosters in this set so no Team bases or Vehicles in the core set. (maybe as a convention exclusive?)

I was questioning hanging up the Heroclix spurs as the Teen Titans set was slanted so heavily towards the New 52 stuff (especially N.O.W.H.E.R.E) that my interest was really waning. But this set has me really excited.

Faraway Lad #793538 10/31/13 11:19 PM
Active
Active
WizKids posted a preview.

Never before seen figures...

Blok and White Witch

GL Mon-El and Shrinking Violet

and Amethyst

click to enlarge

Redone figures...

Cosmic Boy and Lightning Lad

Ultra Boy, Persuader, and Science Police

click to enlarge click to enlarge click to enlarge

Validus and Mordru can be seen on the side of the box...

click to enlarge

Faraway Lad #793550 11/01/13 06:40 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
These all look great!

Faraway Lad #793598 11/01/13 07:33 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Oh my! Block and the White Witch! I am really excited about this set!

Faraway Lad #794109 11/06/13 05:52 PM
Active
Active
Darkseid

click to enlarge

...again
smile

Faraway Lad #795216 11/22/13 02:43 PM
Active
Active
The three founders...

Cosmic Boy

click to enlarge

Saturn Girl

click to enlarge

Lightning Lad

click to enlarge

I really like how their main powers are represented here, and the sculpts are great!

Faraway Lad #795217 11/22/13 03:00 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I wonder what's up with the ATA instead of a Trait? ATA's were never printed on the card before.

EDIT: Nevermind. I see the point cost added, which means it's optional. Neat.

Last edited by Dave Hackett; 11/22/13 03:03 PM.
Faraway Lad #795218 11/22/13 03:13 PM
Reservist
Reservist
When do these come out?

I would love to re-paint them. these obviously look better than the real thing.

Faraway Lad #795566 11/30/13 09:35 PM
Active
Active
The royal lady of Venegar...
Emerald Empress

click to enlarge

Originally Posted by WangLung
When do these come out?

I would love to re-paint them. these obviously look better than the real thing.

Unless there is a delay, the booster boxes come out 02\12\14.

Faraway Lad #795782 12/04/13 01:19 AM
Active
Active

Wow, this *is* one of the only pieces of good news of late for us LSH fans...

does anyone know what they mean by "24 Ct." in the preview ads? If it is 24 different characters, which I'm hoping for but not expecting (... "do not trust a hope, it has forsaken these lands..."), then that would enable them to include nearly ALL the canonical characters from the latest un-reboot version (which I suppose should now only be called "attempted un-reboot").

Or, have we already likely seen the only LSH characters they'll have, since it also appears they may be sharing the set with non-LSHers?

My main reason for asking is that I am really, REALLY hoping for an "Element Lad"... the only one they've ever had was the non-traditional version from the "re-reboot" (a.k.a. the Mark Waid thing), and so aside from the non-canonical uniform, he was also underpowered as per that version of the character.

If anyone knows if there's a chance we haven't seen all the LSH-ers to come, please let me (and hence everyone else) know about it here. Thanks!

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Faraway Lad #795785 12/04/13 07:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
24 Ct. means there are 24 single figure boxes in a gravity feed case (of which there are only 10 characters).

The "main" set comes in booster packs of five figures. Figure breakdown is as follows:

Main Set:
16 Common figures (plus one Prime)
16 Uncommon figures (plus one Prime)
13 Rare figures (plus one Prime)
11 Super Rare figures (plus one Prime)
5 thematic Chase figures
4 Toyman “Toy Drone” figures

Gravity Feed: 10 figures

Legion of Doom Starter: 6 Legion of Doom figures (Giganta, Cheetah, Lex Luthor, Black Manta, Solomon Grundy and Bizarro.

We already know the main set will be split between Legion, New Gods, Legion of Doom and WILDCATS (plus a few one-offs like Amethyst.

Current known/revealed figures:

Cosmic Boy
Saturn Girl
Lightning Lad
Blight
Daemonite
Mister Miracle
The Riddler
Edward Nigma
Emerald Empress
Orion
Darkseid
Solomon Grundy
Highfather
Blok
White/Black Witch
Science Police
Amethyst
Ultra Boy
Shrinking Violet
Lightray
Kalibak
Persuader
Helspont

Faraway Lad #795965 12/08/13 02:50 AM
Active
Active

Dave,
Thanks for the thorough and complete scoop, much obliged!

no Element Lad ... sigh... though I suppose there are still a few more to be revealed.

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Page 8 of 13 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,904
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires