Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning*
#617927 09/21/07 10:52 PM
Yk Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
A new Supes for a new season. Wow.

http://www.legionworld.net/videos/seasontwopreview.html
http://www.legionworld.net/videos/seasontwointro.html
http://www.kidswb.com/kids/video?vid=legion

Clips and lots of preview art in This thread

The clips are cool!, can't wait for Saturday morning to see this.

Booyah!

First impressions for Season Two!
Watch it..
..then go back and watch the copy you just made.
laugh

Then tell us what you thought!
Good, bad or what?

POST fanboy!

Re: Season Two excitement! *Spoiler Warning*
#617928 09/22/07 01:02 PM
K
Applicant
Applicant
K
The season premiere was today, wasn't it?! Argh!! I can't believe I missed it!!!

#617929 09/22/07 01:12 PM
Yk Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Oh boy!

Really fun episode, I hate it now that it's a two parter. I have to wait a whole week to see what happens next.

Dang!

*NOT a Review*!
First impressions, questions and guesses, that's all.

S

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

!

!

!

!

K3NT? Cute.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">"Goodbye...son." I suspected some kind of Ma/Pa thing there. Interesting effect, sort of a moving ying-yang graphic, I liked that part of the entity.</span></span>

Remember Brainy's "boy-crush" on Clark?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Not this season (so far), B-5 and Superman-X don't see exactly eye-to-eye. This older, more mature Brainiac is a little more like one of the arrogant, cranky Dox's we've gotten used to in the general DC Universe. Personally I like him better this way.</span></span>

I like T-Wolf's costume change. I don't really like it as well as last season's but I still like it...and

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the "origin" of Duo Damsel!!
Really.
The incident doesn't occur exctly like in the Adventure era but it reflects the "death" of one of Luornu's bodies. At least there's another "nod" to the classic Legion.</span></span>

Oh! Before I forget again...
Shades of "Crisis On Infinite Earths"!!

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Due to the actions of the bad guy, who's changing the past to change his future, expanding red cloud bubbles of anti-matter begin to eat the Universe. [/spolier]

Could a toon mirror image of the Reboot be on the way? I dunno. Hope not.

Imperiex? Anybody got the low down on this guy? Looks to me like he could be a Walt Simonson designed villain.. Or possibly a Jack Kirby creation. Just guessing there.

Superman X
Hmmm..I'm not sure what to say about him yet. He's pretty danged tough. And he's definitely not the usual "boy scout" we generally expect out of the S.
[spoiler]I liked it as a plot device though, the friction between Superman X and the Legionnaires made for some decent story telling.</span></span>

I loved it. I've got some really important things to get done in the next couple of hours or I'd rewind and rewatch it right away. It looked great and it all action from start to stop. It's going to kill me to wait 'til next week to see pt.2.

There's lots more too.
laugh

Dang!

Love me some Legion!!

edit: corrected to hide the worst of the spoilerific post.

#617930 09/22/07 01:18 PM
strange but not a stranger
Didn't like it. Didn't like the new grittier Superb..man with "new powers". I also didn't like that it seems like the villian is supposed to be the villian for the season.

It looks like Saturn Girl won't be appearing much this season. She is no longer in the opening credits using her power. I can probably get use to Lightning Lad's new costume and soul patch.

My roommate caught the opening scene and said "They're (meaning Superman and Brainiac 5) gay. I can tell." It was good that the other Legionnaires didn't seem bothered that Brainy would have a crush on another guy, but were concerned that he was pining for someone who wouldn't be coming back.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> and Triplicate Girl is now Duo Damsel. And seems as upset as she was in the Silver Age about it </span></span>

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#617931 09/22/07 01:39 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I liked it. Too much robot smashing and blasting for my taste, but Superman X looks like he'll become the real deal under the Legion's TLC. It helps that his voice is the same as the classic Superman. The reimagined "Kents" is a novel concept, and provided Supes X with human emotionality.

Brainy and Superman (which one?) are the love story of the ages, methinks.

I wonder if Duo even remembers the death of her White self in a future that no longer exists.??? Is the 31st century Legion dead? Time anomalies and alterate realities just add to the fun, imo.

How good a villain Imperiex is depends on the damage he does. Erasing the 41st century and trashing the 31st is a pretty good start.

Timber Wolf had a bigger role than usual and Lighting Lad seems kinder and more mature. The jury is still out on Chameleon Boy. I don't like his voice but I want to see more transformations. I miss Bouncie, though.

My TV reception of WB is so bad I can't comment on the fine details until I see a better version. This is just my overall impression, and it's a good one. Final judgment will wait until after Part 2.

#617932 09/22/07 02:26 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Good episode. My only complaint is that events happened too quickly. Why they kill my favorite Trip? Superman X is cool. Too pushy , but has a good heart. On the Grading Scale I give this ep a B+

Jin Rai!!!
#617933 09/22/07 02:31 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Imperiex? Anybody got the low down on this guy? Looks to me like he could be a Walt Simonson designed villain.. Or possibly a Jack Kirby creation. Just guessing there.
[Linked Image]
Imperiex

Judging yourself right is a
destination, i'm just on a journey

http://pnubaumturk.deviantart.com/
#617934 09/22/07 02:37 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
*sniff* poor Luornu! lost one body...lucky Cham and Lightning Lad went to save her before being devoured by the red cloud.

the opening epilogue was good, caught a glipse of Star Boy, Sun Boy, and Colossal Boy which means that they will appear sometimes soon. Bouncing Boy and Phantom Girl will be seen as well as mentioned in opening part. Interesting to see that Duo Damsel is getting an expanded role.

Cham is somewhat funny - reminded me of Gar from Titans Go!....I really like the way how he used his powers.

Overall, I love it today and can't wait for the part two next week.

#617935 09/22/07 03:07 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I can't take it anymore, I HAVE to talk about this episode!

I'll start by saying that I absolutely LOVED the Brainy/Superman holographic fantasy(keep dreaming, Brainy), it had me and my brother laughing until the commercials.

The action was especially great, and IMO, there's no such thing as too much robot smashing and blasting. Superman X is pretty cool so far, even if he was being a jerk to Brainy. Maybe part two will elaborate what issues Superman X has with him. It's also nice to see Timberwolf speaking up more and Lightning Lad being less brash.

Now for just a few criticisms. IMO, Superman X could have shown at least a little emotion when his "parents" died. I was also surprisingly underwhelmed with Chameleon Boy, who didn't really get much to say. Oh well, there's always the next episode. I just hope he's not portrayed as a carbon copy of Beast Boy from Teen Titans(if anyone's ever watched that show, you know what I'm talking about). I agree with the people who said this episode felt a bit rushed, especially when one of the Trips was killed off(which, don't get me wrong, was still sad). It makes me wish that the episodes were an hour long instead of 30 minutes.

R.I.P. White Triplicate Girl

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
#617936 09/22/07 03:12 PM
Candidate
Candidate
I was hoping that they’d subtlety continue to explore Brainy’s friendship with Superman, but…Dang! I didn’t expect that! It just came right off the bat and had all the subtleties of a nuclear meltdown! I’m not complaining, mind you. Remember when Brainy kept hiding information from Superman in Season 1? Well, guess what! Brainy is getting a taste of his own medicine! I wonder if the speech he gave to Superman at the end of “Brain Drain” somehow slipped his 12th level mind.

Originally posted by Tromium:

Lighting Lad seems kinder and more mature.
Yeah, I thought the same thing! I really enjoyed him in this episode. Given that he was my least favorite character last season, that’s saying a heck of a lot!

I wonder if a new leader has been elected. I don’t know if leaders have a set term of office, if they lead until someone challenges them, or if they step down willingly.

#617937 09/22/07 03:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm not sure if it's good or bad news for Lightning Lad. It makes sense for him to mature over the course of two years, but I don't want his personality rebooted, either, or for him to lose his uniqueness.

Brainy's fantasy was indeed unsubtle. I don't want read too much into it, but he seemed positively ecstatic "dying" in holo-Superman's arms.

#617938 09/22/07 04:36 PM
Leader
Leader
Yeah, the only thing that opening scene needed was a beach with crashing surf!

I love that Trip (now Duo) got the opening credits credit she deserved, but I'm sorry to see that Saturn Girl will probably be getting a smaller role, especially since they did start the LL/SG romance a bit.

Cham seemed too much a Beast Boy clone from the latest "Teen Titans," 'toon, but I'm assuming they brought him in to fill that role on the team.

Imperiex -- enh. I understand why they didn't want to use Darkseid, but I wish they had been more creative and used the Khunds. Of course, Imperiex and his army seem to be all robots, so the Legion can just smash away without having to worry about killing anyone.

Overall, though, exciting first episode. I can't wait to see how it ends!

#617939 09/22/07 04:50 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
About Cham-- did anyone ever say his name? If they did, I didn't notice it. I was expecting more of an introduction. Non-comics reading viewers must be scratching their heads.

I miss the crawl with all the different character signifiers. Hope everyone represented there *last* season actually show up in the series' future.

I wonder if the WB is getting letters about gay Brainy and his super-crush? Maybe Querl should make romance holo-novels...

About Trips/DD: Yeah, we didn't see enough of her reaction, but the incident occured quite near the end of the episode. Maybe there'll be more next week. Or not. We can't complain too much, since the lack of reaction is straight out of the source material.

I neglected to tape the premiere, so the new opening went by very fast. I noticed what looks like a prominent scene or two ahead for Sun Boy. I'm really looking forward to that.

Did Shrinking Violet, Element Lad, Blok or Tyroc appear in the background? I didn't catch them.

Superman X (why am I waiting on mutants to pop up now?) from the 41st century... I don't hate him, don't love him either. He's fulfilling the Wildfire persona on the team, in a way. I doubt Drake'll be showing up soon. Could be wrong. In addition to the pinkish blasts (what *are* they?), SupeX can create kryptonite crystal. Sort of horns in on Element Lad's powers. And Crystal Kid's-- not that *he* was going to be showing up anytime soon. Jan, though, is hovering around in backgrounds, patiently waiting his turn in the spotlight.

I do like that there're *two* futures to save, now. For a minute, I thought we were going to be getting a 'split team' storyline, with some Legionnaires remaining in the 41st century. I'm glad that didn't occur, though I do hope there's a return visit.

I really liked the ideas behind K3NT, though the name-gag sort of overshadowed the interesting visual and the implications of computerized parenthood.

Who were the subjects of that row of statues of the Legionnaires that got demolished in the 41st century? I remember Phantom Girl, I think, and maybe Ultra Boy?

Hmmm- now I wonder if the new character Jim Shooter said DC would kill him over if he spilled that character's ID might be a comics version of Superman X...

#617940 09/22/07 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Who were the subjects of that row of statues of the Legionnaires that got demolished in the 41st century? I remember Phantom Girl, I think, and maybe Ultra Boy?
I think there was Timber Wolf & Saturn Girl

Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Hmmm- now I wonder if the new character Jim Shooter said DC would kill him over if he spilled that character's ID might be a comics version of Superman X...
I really really hope not.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#617941 09/22/07 06:26 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Hrmpf. I actually didn't forget (a miracle in itself), but I still didn't see the episode. I looked for Legion of Super Heroes and got the episode with Alexis Luthor. I'm obviously doing something wrong. Or is this a Canadian thing? In which channel is the show shown in Canada? Has anybody in Canada seen it?

#617942 09/22/07 06:38 PM
Yk Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Crud!
Yeah, I think it's a Canada thing. Our Canadian Legionnaires were having scheduling problems during Season One.
You might ask for help finding the air dates in that thread on this forum. Then cross your fingers and hope nothing "important" (though what could be more important than a LSH cartoon eludes me) bumps it off the air.

#617943 09/22/07 08:23 PM
Devil's Advocate
Devil's Advocate
I enjoyed the episode. I was a little disappointed that my favorite, Cham, didn't get more of a spotlight, but if he's a regular this season, then it should happen soon enough.

As for Brainy's "man-crush" on Supes, I guess it's just a variation on his old continuity relationship with Supergirl. Since they weren't allowed to use Kara as originally planned (see the Legion episode of JLU), I guess this is their consolation prize for Brainy.

Watching television is not an activity.
#617944 09/22/07 09:38 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Tromium:

Brainy's fantasy was indeed unsubtle. I don't want read too much into it, but he seemed positively ecstatic "dying" in holo-Superman's arms.
okay. good, I thought maybe I was just reading too much into it. just hope that guy that hates the teletubies doesn't tune in. he will really go on a crusade.

overall, I enjoyed it. nice nods to LSH history. season long bad guy perhaps. hope the they can pull that story line off.

I bet the superman dna came from ebay.

#617945 09/22/07 09:57 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Clips from the show can be seen here .

#617946 09/22/07 10:13 PM
Yk Offline OP
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Awesome Girl! Awesome post.
It's true, you really CAN'T have too much robot bashing.
laugh
Awesome.

I'm fairly sure after a second watching that the statues are Ultra Boy, Saturn Girl, Lightning Lad, Cosmic Boy and Phantom Girl.

You know that beautiful pink-ish clubhouse/headquarters?

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The Legion Clubhouse gets totally demolished! Blown up, burnt, smoking rubble. </span></span>

..heh heh ..again, for the first time ever!

Best line?
"Ironic. A Brainiac suggesting someone else could be deceitful."

Ooo - burn!

#617947 09/22/07 10:22 PM
Candidate
Candidate
I liked it. It was a decent start. I have rather mixed feelings about Superman-X, though. I don't quite know what to think of him. I really look forward to future episodes and I can't wait for next week.

Originally posted by Malvolio:
As for Brainy's "man-crush" on Supes, I guess it's just a variation on his old continuity relationship with Supergirl. Since they weren't allowed to use Kara as originally planned (see the Legion episode of JLU), I guess this is their consolation prize for Brainy.
I figured the same thing. (I laughed so hard when I watched the beginning, that was hilarious.)

#617948 09/22/07 10:22 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Doctor One:
In which channel is the show shown in Canada? Has anybody in Canada seen it?
I saw it, but it's on the three WB superchannels.

Readin' Legion since '62
#617949 09/22/07 10:43 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
Awesome Girl! Awesome post.
It's true, you really CAN'T have too much robot bashing.
laugh
Awesome.
Thanks, Yellow Kid! smile

And thank you, Nightcrawler! I've been dying to see the Brainy/Superman clip again.

"Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda
#617950 09/22/07 10:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I wonder, since part of this season's purpose is to save Superman X's future, if they succeed in restoring the 41st century would White Trip be restored too? I assume K3NT and all the other 41st centurians would be fine, but that may not extend to Lu since she's from the 31st C. But it could be an out for her "death"... Trying to be positive here, people! Triad

All in all, not a bad episode. Missed Saturn Girl, but liked the development of the rest of the maturing Legionnaires.

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#617951 09/23/07 12:00 AM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Loved it,loved it,loved it!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,847
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
freekdkid
freekdkid
Charlotte