Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
INVASION Finale - the War In Orbit!
#633340 09/05/06 08:28 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Please note, this will be the final INVASION thread to be created, in co-existance with INVASION . Both topics will run at the same time for the finale of this saga, throughout the week. Please post all INVASION related posts there or here.

<Hundreds of Thousands of Dark Oval War-ships put up a blockade across Legion World.>

So here we are.

<Cobalt Kid, alone, flies out into space to do battle. In the distance he sees Hrun the Barbarian at war with the fleets in space. But Cobalt Kid is no longer himself right now, but rather Cobaltus, the Triumvir and General.>

And here we are.

<In the distance, and at a rapid approach, the full army of Cobalt Kid marches towards Legion World, though never venturing too close. Hundreds of thousands of fleets and warriors march forward. Though technically advanced, each also carries a historic short sword, to show they have no mercy in the ancient traditions, as is the custom for Cobalt’s army.>

Let the war in orbit begin!!!

<flies into the fray, using magnetism to shatter whole armies>

Join me brothers! For Legion World! For freedom!!

Re: INVASION Finale - the War In Orbit!
#633341 09/05/06 09:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
< The Psyonian war fleet, lead by the Battlestar Galaxia, engages the enemy fleet. With precognitive gunmen, their aim is impeccable, and the enemy ships sustain heavy damage as the Psyonians attack >

[King Hrold]: Good to see the reports of your imminent demise were exagerrated, Cobalt Kid. Psyonia stands with you against these foul cretins!

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#633342 09/05/06 10:11 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Message from Rockhopper Lad on Legion World>

Cobalt Kid,

I'm needed planetside. I've contacted Pyngwyn Colonies Command and they assure me backup is nearby. Captain Magellanic will be in contact soon.

May Dywh be with us all...

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#633343 09/06/06 12:33 AM
Substitute
Substitute
<Dreadnoughts move forward relentlessly>

<Across all of the United Planets, the Dark Oval pours in>

<Prime soldiers fly through space solo, using Superboy Prime based powers until the heat vision burns out their brains>

<Nucleur warheads are fired at Legion World>

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#633344 09/06/06 11:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
< Rising from the planet surface, Spellbinder, Maxx and the Crusader soar into battle >

[telepathic link to King Hrold]: Daddy! What on Earth are you doing in the middle of this war?

[King Hrold telepathically]: Did you honestly believe that I would let my children fight off an invasion of the United Planets without coming to their aid? You forget that in my younger days I was a Battlestar Commander in the Border Wars.

< Spellbinder telekinetically hurls debris from a destroyed warship at the Dreadnaught closing in on the Galaxia >

[telepathic link to King Hrold]: Well, as much as I appreciate the support, I would still feel better if you were back home with Mother.

[King Hrold telepathically]: Who do you think is in charge of the Battlestar Pacifica and the defense of Psyonia?

< Crujectra rolls her eyes >

< Meanwhile, Maxx casts multiple eldritch fireballs, which strike the Dreadnaught in multiple parts of its hull. Explosions rock the ship, and it begins to drift off course as it's engines begin to fail >

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#633345 09/06/06 05:26 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
*Cobalt Kid notices that there is a slight drag on his cape. Looking into the secret pouch there, he finds two whoopie pies and a bottle of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade. A note reads "These should help your energies. Q"*

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#633346 09/06/06 05:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
man, looks like I got here just in time ...

<SharkLad swoops into battle>

I'm better underwater than in outer space, but what the hell!

<Moves in close to one of the Dreadnaughts and uses his talons to rip into the hull>

Alright, let's see what I find inside ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#633347 09/06/06 11:39 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<chugs Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade and eats the whoopie pies>

I've been so angry, I forgot I haven't eaten in days! I feel...so refreshed! I mean really refreshed! Thanks Quis!

<flies down at Shark lad. Nails him hard across the back of the head>

I'm sorry Sharky, but I need your rage to come out! The laws of Legion World don't apply in space and this is war! Lets unleash all the fury we have on the Dark Oval and drive them back to their own sector.

<Shark Lad, Hrun and Cobalt Kid start slashing through the Dark Oval troopers, as the various armies follow their lead. In the back, the House of Jectra pick off the strays>

[telepathic link]I'm still here Crujeckie, and barely controlling my rage...[/telepathic link]

#633348 09/07/06 12:14 AM
Substitute
Substitute
<armies begin getting pushed back>

Dark Oval Naval Commander: "We're at war all across the UP! Grife, we can't spare reinforcements...but there may be something we can use to shift the tide...one last send-off for Legion World...

<once more, the Dark Oval forces make a final push into Legion World territory, looking to pierce their forces>

Kill them all!!

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#633349 09/07/06 12:08 PM
Active
Active
[Arrives in orbit]

[She catches Cobalt's eye and winks at him.]

[Then she turns and starts blasting Oval ships.]

#633350 09/07/06 12:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
< Spellbinder's attention never wavers from her task, but her thoughts range outward >

[telepathic link to Cobalt Kid]: Cobie, my love, I understand your anger, but you must remain in control. Use the soul-link, and share your burden with me. Let my presence give you strength. [/telepathic link to Cobalt Kid]

#633351 09/07/06 01:03 PM
M
Applicant
Applicant
M
< Maxx flies up behind a Dreadnaught, and begins his incantation. Suddenly, the Dreadnaught's impulse engines begine to sputter and shut down as the fuel in the nacelles begin to transform into gelatin >

Clean that out of your fuel tank, bucko!

#633352 09/07/06 03:34 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<Slowly but surely, the armies of the Dark Oval are over-powered and driven back. Various Dark Oval officers become captives of the Triumvirate>

Keep 'em moving! We've got them on the run! Soon they'll be cut off from Legion World and our fellow Legionnaires will be able to finish them off!

#633353 09/07/06 03:57 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<Suddenly the skies open up and red lightning flashes! The very cosmos itself appears in transition, as if a battle so abstract, so intense, has taken place that the very universe itself has shaken>

AT LAST!!!

<Superboy Prime enters Legion World's Orbit>

You thought you'd be rid of me? So easily?!!

HAHAHA!

<span style="font-size: 48px;">I'LL BE THE DEATH OF YOU ALL!!!</span>

death becomes me
#633354 09/07/06 03:58 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<flies headfirst through the Legion World armies and allies, destroying all in his path>

First, the sorcerer!

<punches Maxx across the face at a pace quick enough to beat his reflexes and quickly moves on>

Now, an old favorite...

<flies at Cobalt Kid, ready to deliver a death-blow...>

death becomes me
#633355 09/07/06 07:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<SharkLad dives, heading straight at Superboy Prime>

Not if I have anything to say about it, ya hump!

<unleashes a flurry of razor sharp teeth>

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#633356 09/07/06 07:59 PM
Substitute
Substitute
< The Crusader speeds to his husband's side, taking him in his arms >

Maxx! Are you all right?

< One hand on his head, the sorcerer squints over at his husband >

[Maxx the Sorcerer]: Well, he left me with all of my body parts intact, so I guess I'll make it to the next issue...

#633357 09/07/06 08:06 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<turning around in full fury, Cobalt flies at Superboy Prime next to Shark Lad>

Now there will be a reckoning...

<pulls metal from his triumvirate army and morphs it into one solid sharpened sword, preparing to drive it right through Superboy Prime>

#633358 09/07/06 08:09 PM
Substitute
Substitute
< Metternich and Nightcrawler appear, and Nightcrawler releases the Durlan into the vacuum of space before teleporting back down to Legion World >

#633359 09/07/06 08:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
< Crujectra fires psi-bolt after psi-bolt at Superboy Prime, trying to assault his mind while Cobalt Kid and Sharklad assault his body >

#633360 09/07/06 08:14 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<changes direction and rushes at Spellbinder>

<immense heat vision blast at Spellbinder...while her shields protect her initially, the rest of the LMB can see their potence by the military allies in the background being burnt to a crisp>

<changes direction>

Hahahaha! I can do this all day!

<flies at Shark Lad and Cobalt Kid, smashing both of them with devastating blows>

death becomes me
#633361 09/07/06 08:16 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<The rest of the battle moves off into the distance as the Legion World armies chase out the Dark Oval>

Its just you and I again LMB... laugh

<heat vision blast on them all at super-speed>

death becomes me
#633362 09/07/06 10:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
YOU...

SINGED...

MY...

HAIR!!!!!!!!

< Wrapped in a telekinetic shield, Spellbinder flies up to Superboy Prime, dragging debris behind her. Bringing her arms forward, she hurls the debris at him, hoping to distract him from the others >

#633363 09/08/06 03:34 AM
Active
Active
<With Superboy-Prime momentarily distracted, Whordru sees an opening for her.>

[thinking]Kryptonians aren't fond of magic, I believe. How about a little confusion spell?[/thinking]

<Whordru hits Prime square with the spell.>

"What was that?" Prime yells. He looks around. Everywhere he looks he sees Superman...hundreds, thousands of him.

"YOU?!!? But--!"

<Prime screams as he believes he is being buried by thousands of attacking Supermen.>

[Whordru, via telepathic plug]That distraction won't last forever, Cobie! Take him![/telepathy]

#633364 09/08/06 02:23 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<Engaging Superboy Prime battle with Shark Lad, Cobalt looks at Crujectra>

[telepathic link]Okay Crujeckie, now we do it...[/telepathic link}'

<Cobalt lunges forward with a sword made of debris and shrapnel, as it suddenly becomes enveloped in blue psy aura. With Superboy Prime distracted, his mind is open to attack, and the piercing dagger feels very real!>

And now for the kicker...

<Below on Legion World, Reboot's words are remembered, that he'd have ways of ensuring Superboy Prime never bothered Legion World again. Suddenly, Cobalt's sword is Rebooted into a sword of pure Kryptonite, following the protocols Reboot set up.>

AAAAARGH!

Take that you rotten bastard!

<Superboy Prime falters back, as the Kryptonite Sword is broken, so parts of it are still in him.>

Now, while the portal is still open...I'm sending you back, to never bother us again!

<Cobalt hurls Superboy Prime back to the opening in the skies where he came from, hopefully to the arms of the LMBP Spectre>

...at last...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star