Roll Call
0 members (), 203 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731116 08/30/06 11:04 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
<Throws an beer bottle filled with explosive liquid at the invading army, detonating several particularly ugly troopers>

This is what you get for forcing us to drink domestic....
<Dark Oval soldiers hurry after Tamper Lad>

Tamper Lad, duck!

<Space Ranger fires and blasts all three soldiers through the chest. His blaster is set to kill>

Looks like war makes strange bedfellows...

Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

Or Everyday Girl for that matter...?

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731117 08/30/06 11:23 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops move down the main avenue, laser rifles firing indiscriminately as terrified citizens try to escape them.>

[Male Citizen 1]: Run! The end is near!

[Female Citizen 1]: Can no one help us?

<Suddenly, a shadow moves across the street, and the frightened citizens gaze upward, afraid that another Dark Oval ship has moved in for the attack>

[Male Citizen 2]: Look! It's the LMBP!

<The belly hatch of the LMBP Cruiser opens, and several figures drop down as the cruiser begins it's landing procedures.

Hardshell the Turtle Boy lands before a group of children, his back to the soldiers. Their laser fire ricochets back off his shell as he protects the children.

Lightning Lad gestures wildly, lightning bolts raining down on the soldiers, causing them to break ranks.

Furball and Fat Cramer drop to the ground, deep growls issuing from them as they dash forward, razor-sharp claws slashing>

Looks like the Assault Ship is mine.

<The Crusader stretches his arms outward, his telekinesis pulsing outward. Large chunks of debris rises from the ruins of buildings and highway. His arms sweep forward, and the debris become missiles, which crash into the side of the Assault Ship. It begins to falter under the attack, and slowly the alien vessel sinks to the ground as infantrymen from the Legion World Army rush forward to attack>

#731118 08/30/06 11:33 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Originally posted by LARDLAD:
<sinks into chair, weeps with hands over face>
So, are you happy yet? You got the war you wanted, enjoy it.

#731119 08/30/06 11:38 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Space Ranger (Dark Oval Sector):
Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

(appears)

I don't think Actor or Kent are likely to forget Everyday Girl anytime soon. Ha!

<span style="font-size: 10px;">You aren't funny. And watch our left.</span>

(OM gestures, and a round of approaching gunfire fades and then appears above the enemy soldiers, striking them down.)

See? I'm just as good as you ever....I, I mean that was pretty cool.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Let me out.</span>

I didn't hear anything.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#731120 08/30/06 12:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Meanwhile, at LMBP Plaza...

<Spellbinder sits quietly at Cobalt Kid's side, eyes closed. Suddenly, she feels a presence and turns to look to the door. A kind looking young man enters, his costume glittering with starlight and his long cape swirling out behind him. She breathes a sigh of relief>

Galadhran!

<Galadhran crosses the sickbay to kneel beside her. He wraps one arm around the princess' shoulders, and he reaches out and gently lays the other hand on Cobalt Kid's arm>

[Galadhran]: How are you holding up, Crujectra?

Oh Shanton... I'm so worried. I've been trying to reach out to him through the rapport we share, but he feels so far away...

[Galadhran]: You must be strong for him, Crujectra. He'll find his way back to you... you MUST believe that.

<Sighs heavily> But I'm so tired, Shanton...

[Galadhran]: Maybe I can help with that.

<Galadhran closes his eyes, and reaches out with his empathy. He can feel the princess' fear and despair, and he draws them away from her and into himself. The anxiety that was weighing so heavily on her fades away. She sits up a little straighter in her chair and smiles>

Thanks, sweetie. You always did have a way of making me feel better. Can you stay with me awhile?

[Galadhran]: I won't leave you, Princess smile

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#731121 08/30/06 12:13 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Meanwhile, on a busy Legionnopolis street...

<Dark Oval troops rampage through the streets, causing destruction wherever they go as citizens flee before them. Suddenly, a costumed young man steps out into the street, standing silently between the troops and their intended victims. As the troops take aim to fire, the man opens his mouth wide, and the air is shattered with a thunderous whining sound>

[Midnight Son]: Waaaaaaaaaaaah!!!

<Windows shatter as Midnight Son unleashes his sonic whine on the soldiers, who drop to their knees as their eardrums rupture>

[Chips Ahoy Boy]: Way to go, Son!

<Down on one knee, Chips Ahoy Boy reached out and huge streams of cookie dough burst from his hands, covering the quivering soldiers. He then opens his mouth and uses his fire breath to cook the dough into a huge cookie prison>

[Kid Psychout]: Now those are some bigass chocolate morsels, CABoy! Mind if I borry some? I need more ammo smile

#731122 08/30/06 12:21 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<There is a momentary calm in the area where Rockhopper Lad and the SMBers have been fighting>

Openly Gay Lad: Rocky, can we talk?

RhL: Of course, if you'll all excuse us.

OGL: Look, I don't know what's going to happen here and I don't know, if we make it through, how we can ever make it work between us, but...

RhL: I know.

OGL: I've been in love with you since we met. I know it's silly. I thought you were your evil double, but there was something about you. The way you made that ice sculpture of Orlando Bloom. I knew there was something special.

RhL: I know. I feel it too, but I can't leave my duties here and you can't leave yours.

OGL: You're royalty and you have official duties. I'm an orphan. The SMB is my life. I could just as well make the LMB...

RhL (very distressed): Dywh help me, I'm awful at this. Look, the invaders could be back at any time. We should have a long talk about this later.

OGL: All right. And if I go back to my world?

RhL: We'll always have Legionnopolis.

<They kiss>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731123 08/30/06 02:05 PM
Reservist
Reservist
<Liberty Monkey hops around the corner to see this touching display.>

(Odd is it not, that Rockhopper Lad has found someone special to him in such times of trouble? Perhaps its a sign that hope will overcome such terrible odds as we face.)

<hops away again>

Though I am sure we'll meet up at some resistance gathering, less we allow our dis-organization to be the ruin of us all, I must now hurry away to see if I can restore the noble Faraway Lad to this realm!

#731124 08/30/06 02:14 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
--LMB Headquarters---

To: Actor Lad (LMB Leader), Kent Shakespeare (LMB Deputy Leader), Spellbinder

LMBers, though you haven't heard from many of us, know that the LMB as a whole is assembling throughout the universe. At this time, the United Planets has been struck by a three-pronged invasion by the Dark Oval, and all-out war has begun. Apparently, the Dark Oval has been quietly invading in more obscure sectors of the United Planets for weeks!

Here, at Weber's World, a small gathering of us has begun. Iron Rat, Raging Bull, Space Tart, Sonnie Bloke, Icefyre and Shady are here with me and we are leading the attack with the UP fleets.

Already, Stately Wayne Manor Eater Lad has eaten the Dark Oval base. Duplicate Man's powers have been excellent in re-building the dormant UP army.

Unfortuately, that means no help is coming anytime soon, so be strong. We're hearing that Khundia is even on the move and Ggrrgg has taken this opportunity to invade their neighbors and re-start the 'Long Three Way War' (no word on any plans to invade Psyonia again though Princess).

Best of luck!

Sweet Ass Sweet!

- Dev-Em (Anchor Boy)
Weber's World

#731125 08/30/06 02:17 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Originally posted by Space Ranger (Dark Oval Sector):
[b]Tell me, Tamper Lad...what do you think the chances are that Actor Lad or Kent Shakespeare might consider forgeting about that whole antagonistic-subversive bit of mine...?

<runs down back alley>

(appears)

I don't think Actor or Kent are likely to forget Everyday Girl anytime soon. Ha!

<span style="font-size: 10px;">You aren't funny. And watch our left.</span>

(OM gestures, and a round of approaching gunfire fades and then appears above the enemy soldiers, striking them down.)

See? I'm just as good as you ever....I, I mean that was pretty cool.

<span style="font-size: 10px;">Let me out.</span>

I didn't hear anything.[/b]
*jumps back, pulls blaster*

Easy there! You can't just pop out of thin air like that, you'll startle someone! I guess that's the point though...

Outdoor Miner, isn't it? I'm quite familiar with the LMB's files.

Perhaps you might be able to help me get on someone in authority's good side...

<sees Outdoor Miner chugging three beers in the middle of a war>

...hm...maybe not.

Still, your teleportation might mix well with my willingness to gun down my enemies in cold blood.

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731126 08/30/06 03:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
<Lard Lad runs to the hallway where Cobalt's room is>

<Looks in Cobalt's door>

Oh, no...
HERE YOU ARE!!! I had the Space Port securred! This whole war's because of you!

[grabs LardLad and pushes him towards the hall. Shouting to Dark Oval troops ]

"Take him. Take him and just leave."

#731127 08/30/06 04:53 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
*Quislet, Esq is talking to one of the Dark Oval soldiers. A ring of chocolate encircles her mouth.*

That is interesting. Let me see if I can get you in contact with someone who could make use of that information.

So that we may gain an upperhand
and end this mischief evilly planned
Let magic guide
far and wide
This communique to those in command

*A shimmering circle appears and the images of Cobalt Kid on a hospital bed with Spellbinder holding his hand appears. Also in the room is Lardlad. Also (on split screen) is Reboot and Disaster Boy.*

Hey everyone! I think I might have some help here. This is Commander Helena Handbasket, formerly of the Dark Oval. She and her troops (and more soon) have tasted Legion World hospitality and have decided to help defend Legion World. Commander Handbasket will provide you with technical information to disable the Dark Oval Ships here and those attacking the United Planets. She has some of the tactical plans. Her troops will help defend Legion World. And as more of the Dark Oval troops sample my hospitality, more will switch to help us. *I wave back and those on the other end can see hundreds of Dark Oval troops eating and drinking at an ever expanding table as more troops sit down to partake.*

I'll let Commander Handbasket talk to you while I go make sure there is plenty of Aunt Ida's Special Lemonade.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731128 08/30/06 06:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In another part of Legion World, Liberty Monkey is swinging through the trees of one of the many small parks that dot all of the central area. In happier times this was a blissful oasis of calm in a bustling and colourful city. Now the park and its surrounding streets lay still and quiet, the trees blasted withered and torn after the Dark Oval troops had passed by.

“Now where would he put it” said Liberty Monkey, sitting down on a branch and scratching as he thought.

In a small corner of the park, a figure shimmered into view. It was Faraway Lad

“Faraway” shouted Liberty Monkey. “I thought Whordru’s spell had rescued you”

“Not so my friend” said a faint voice. “I was almost through the vortex when the attack came and disrupted the spell. I am still stuck in a battle at the end of time”

click to enlarge

Faraway looked worried, “Here it is even worse as the Time mouse trapper has me stuck in a giant time wheel, and I must relive over and over again the agonies of dying in battle, killed by the most barbarous weapons, something called “grapeshot”, and then resurrected to do it all again the next day”

click to enlarge

He looked at Calamity Monkey “The magical backlash caused when Whordru’s spell was broken means I can now only return via the Therod Protocol, using her as the conduit”

Calamity Monkey shuddered as he knew this would be an especially tricky manoeuvre especially as Faraway Lad had no shrinking powers.

“But I am more worried by reports that Cobalt is injured and at deaths door” continued Faraway “ You must find the last few bottles of Povs pint. Given them to him, they brought me back from near death I hope they can do the same for him”

“But if you don’t get a daily drink then you too will die” said CM.

“I’m dying every date trapped here” snapped Faraway, “Cobalt is my friend and he needs this. Do it and do it quickly. When I get back I can always get some more brewed up from the magical lands”

With that Calamity Monkey saw the small bottles lying in a ruined building.

click to enlarge

Picking up the precious liquid he raced back to where Crujecktra stood guard over the comatose Cobalt Kid.

Faithfull
#731129 08/30/06 08:39 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Meanwhile, on a faraway United Planets member world...

<The inhabitants of Tropica never dreamed that war could come to their peaceful world. They were never a warlike race, and were ill-prepared when the Dark Oval attacked their planet. Even the Science Police and handfull of UP Militia stationed on the planet seemed to be of little use.

And then the LMBP arrived>

[Series5Ranger]: Go LMBP! For freedom!

<Series5Ranger dropped into the midst of a platoon of Dark Oval soldiers, never once giving a thought to his own safety. He trusted that his power to adapt his genetic code to handle any type of threat would protect him. Of course, clairvoyance doesn't hurt either>

[Thanagarian]: S5R, would it kill you to look before you leap <Thanagarian swoops down into the battle, wings outstretched and battle axe swinging deftly>

#731130 08/30/06 08:46 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Meanwhile, on a faraway United Planets member world...

[Cookie Monstress]: God, I've missed being in action!

<Cookie Monstress reached out and grabbed a Dark Oval tank, her muscles bulging as she lifted it up over her head and casually threw it down the street>

[White Raven]: I know the feeling, CM. I'm afraid that I haven't been able to return to regular active duty lately. I've missed this.

<White Raven grabbed the arms of two startled soldiers and with a mighty beat of her wings lifted them up into the air>

[Omega Man]: Save some for me, ladies!

#731131 08/30/06 10:01 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Note: The following must have happened between the post quoted from me below and the one where Lard Lad enters Cobalt's room:

Originally posted by Disaster Boy:
[b]<Lard Lad runs to the hallway where Cobalt's room is>

<Looks in Cobalt's door>

Oh, no...
HERE YOU ARE!!! I had the Space Port securred! This whole war's because of you!

[grabs LardLad and pushes him towards the hall. Shouting to Dark Oval troops ]

"Take him. Take him and just leave." [/b]
<In an act of sheer anger, Lard Lad teleported DB and the Dark Oval troops back to the Space Port, then entered Cobalt's room.>

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731132 08/30/06 10:02 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
On the streets of LegionWorld...

<Dedman stands alone, a long line of fallen dak Oval soldiers before him. They are all huddled in fear, their eyes vacant and blank>

I can't do this much longer, sending these guys to the Poltergeist Area is wearing me out. I need some support.

#731133 08/30/06 10:09 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Elsewhere, in parts unknown, Loser Lad watches the news feeds on his Omnicom...

"Oh, lord...Lardy, Jeckie...Cobalt, I just can't believe it. I know you can't hear me guys, but my heart's right there with you. If I could, I would be there, but right now...it's..impossible.

Just please, please, make it through this..."

#731134 08/30/06 10:15 PM
Applicant
Applicant
Three Re-Bots fly over to dedman:

Here...

An anvil's black and shiny
It's very heavy too
So watch out, our evil friends
Or one will fall on you!

*LegionWorld starts to rain anvils on the Dark Oval troops*

#731135 08/30/06 10:18 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Meanwhile, Lard Lad remains seated frozen in place in Cobalt's room. He is in a state of catatonia, his mind totally shut down under the extreme pressure weighing on it.

#731136 08/30/06 10:21 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Thanks Reboot...where-ever you are!!!

<a slightly rested dedman begins combing the streets of legionworld for other LMBers {or the SMB}>

#731137 08/30/06 10:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
<Spellbinder shifts slightly in her chair, turning just enough that Lardlad is no longer in her line of sight, not wishing to look upon the man she blames for Cobalt Kid's condition >

[telepathic link to Lardlad] Out of respect for Cobie, I will not make you leave this room. But you mark my words, Lardlad: if Cobalt Kid doesn't make it through this, there is nowhere in the universe where you can hide from me [/telepathic link to Lardlad]

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#731138 08/30/06 10:49 PM
Applicant
Applicant
*Re-Bot suddenly appears, shaves LardLad, draws a handlebar moustache, goatee and spectacles on him in black permanent marker and teleports out before Spellbinder, who's been looking away the whole time, notices*

#731139 08/30/06 10:58 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Lard Lad neither 'hears' the telepathic communication, nor does he feel the Re-Bots as they prank him. He's totally out of it.

#731140 08/30/06 11:17 PM
Applicant
Applicant
*a different Re-Bot appears and takes in the scene*

PATHETIC.

Is this the same bucket of blubber that was going on to Reboot about "Sitting idly [before] the threat" ? Moaning because he had the brains to see that your stupid Emergency Powers Act wasn't going to do the slightest bit of good? And that he found out about your murdering and didn\'t cover it up like HIM ?

At least your accomplice, that pathetic idiot lying on the bed - sorry, Spellbinder - TRIED to put up a fight , even if trying to get bystanders out of the way would have been smarter. Where were you, when you were more of a power level to do something, while Reboot and Spellbinder were trying to stop the Kryptonian manic? Stuffing your face? Getting your thirty pieces of silver from the Oval for giving them an excuse to start this?

Pathetic.

*turns to Spellbinder*

Cru, if you're up to it, we could use you out there. I know, but we know the first rule of the LMBP is and will always be that Cobalt Kid will sire more enemies of LW, so obviously he'll survive.

See you out there.

*teleports out*

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Non-Magnetic Kid
Non-Magnetic Kid
We're coming Vee!!!!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star