Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: INVASION
#731241 09/06/06 11:21 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
<unnoticed, little Matlock scampers through the carnage. struggling with reduced motor skills, a lid is popped off a small box.>

Can't aim or shoot with these stupid pudgy fingers! It's not fair!!! These people are stupid!!!

Oh, great. My 18 month old instincts are starting to get to me. No powers... I guess there's nothing for it but the old lavender kryptonite... Come on random powers, gimme something good.

<a glowing lavender ring is removed from the box, bathing young Matlock in it's rays. Moments pass with nothing happening. Matlock looks around, helpless... Slowly, a frown appears... a face reddens: a full blown tantrum erupts! Young Matlock spies Metternich and charges forward with alarming speed>

I hate you! You're stupid!!! And bad!!!

<The piercing screams shatter glass and the sonic waves slam into Metternich, while the stamping of small feet cause seismic waves to rock the plaza, bowling over the remaining Oval troops>

You hurted Rockhopper's friend!!! You're stupid and you have to go far away from me!!! I don't like you!!!

<heedless of the return fire of the Oval troops Matlock begins peppering them with chunks of wreckage several times his own size, thrown with uncanny aim and at surpising distances. He has not taken a breath for several minutes. He closes the distance to Metternich, and begins to assault the Ambassador with many many small but surprisingly painful blows. Metternich returns in kind, but Matlock simply will not acknowlede the strikes>

I hate you, I hate you, I wuh-wanted my fishing boat!!! I want my fishing boat, I hate you, I! Want! My! Fishing Boat!!!

<Metternich, though not deeply wounded is nonetheless confused and baffled by the nonsensical assault of the Super Tantrum>

* The above in no way inspired by any events in which my daughter may have participated

#731242 09/06/06 11:43 PM
Substitute
Substitute
<Runs in, scooping up baby Matlock>

I'm not about to let a legendary lawman get killed off in the form of a super-tot!

<sees Rockhopper holding Openly Gay Lad>

No...that poor hero...

<closes eyes, realizing for the first time how wrong he's been about this whole situation>

Looks like I might not agree with 'em, but I'll be working on the side of the angels...

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731243 09/06/06 11:47 PM
Reservist
Reservist
<holding up Whordru and walking away from battle>

Do not struggle Sorceress! For your magic will help shift the tides of war faster!

Even now, the noble Ambassador Faraway Lad works to return from the iron cheese curtain of time, although he cannot do it. Only through a combination of your own magic and a protocol developed back when I was an infant monkey will it work. I only wish he had been more clear in his instructions, for they appear to be that of the old debaucherous LMB, where I am of the more thoughtful post-Esterian Greg Evignan Island LMB!

Now look at this wall...

<steps behind her>

Great Eryk Davis Ester forgive me...

<enacts the famous 'Therod Protocols', pulling forth time and space from Whordru's magic body>

Eeeeeek!

<suddenly, Faraway Lad reappears on Legion World! Liberty Monkey falls back>

Go now Faraway Lad, Cobalt Kid needs you in space...

<looks at Whordru>

...forgive me sorceress...let us return to battle...

#731244 09/06/06 11:53 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Offensive Odors Boy--known as 'Smelly' by LWers--an employee of the Medical Center finds Lardy on the roof.>

<He uses his power to provide the scent of smelling salts to rouse Lardy.>

"Whuh? Yuck, what's that smell! [looks around] Oh! I'm on top of the Med Center. I-I must have stopped the nukes!"

"Yes, Lard Lad, you did, and we thank you for it," Offensive Odors Boy says.

"How long have I been out?"

"I'd estimate several hours."

"Hours? Crap! I've gotta get back in this--they need my help!"

"Actually, I'd recommend letting us give you a full brain scan--the strain that feat put on your brain could have-"

[wipes blood from his nose] "No time for that, Smelly...while I'm in there getting my head examined, the Dark Oval could destroy us all. It'll have to wait!"

<Visually locates Metternich from the vantage of the roof, then 'ports away.>

Smelly, left behind, says to himself, "I hope you don't kill yourself out there, Lardy. You're a good guy..."

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#731245 09/07/06 12:04 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Arrives where he saw Metternich & finds that the Magistrate has already moved to another location.>

<'ports to Embassy rubble. Sees Rockhopper Lad still cradling Openly Gay Lad's body in his arms.>

"No, dammit..no! I'm going to make Metternich pay for that..take it out of his damn hide!

<'ports away.>

#731246 09/07/06 12:07 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
You're not the boss of me Ranger!!! Put me down! I'm not a baby... I'm assistant... chief. Legionworld... zzz... zzz... don't wanna nap. 'm not tired... zzzz...

#731247 09/07/06 12:12 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<With the majority of Legion World's armies in space, Dark Oval troops run through the city still...however, their numbers have begun to deplete...>

All of you! We cannot allow the Legionnaires to gain anymore ground! There are only a handful of them left! Let them come to me and I'll destroy them!

Begin setting fire to Legion World!

<Dominion shock-troopers rush through the streets, as the Hrykosian Prime Troopers are all but beaten>

Now...

<Metternich turns back to the LMB, shifting back into an alien form naked to the regular eye>

I see I've killed one of them and buried another under rubble...but thats not enough! I'll eat that baby before the day is through!

<unleashes a horrific tornado blast via Disaster Boy's power on the epi-center of Legion World>

Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:

There once was a magistrate named Metternich
Who could change shape and perform other tricks
He'll rue the day
He came our way
And an Infectious Lass made him sick
<yellow-colored blood coughs up>

For Freedom's love you'll yearn and yearn
The Dark Oval crushes you'll soon learn
Obey our laws
Or we'll clench our jaws
and Legion World will forever BURN

We are a prowling lion, and we will devour you.
#731248 09/07/06 12:15 AM
Active
Active
"Leave me, monkey...I-I need a moment. I'll join you as soon as I can."

"Yes, milady...as you wish. Once again, I apologize."[feeling guilty, Liberty Monkey reluctantly takesoff.]

Left alone, Whordru sinks down and rubs her temples. "What's wrong with me? I know it wasn't just that--that portal. Something else else is terribly wrong...but what?"

#731249 09/07/06 12:27 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Dedman appears by Infra-Red Lass and the Rockhoppers>

Ded: I thought I'd check on you. Rocky, I heard about Openly Gay Lad. I'm sorry, buddy.

Rh Lad (sets OGL's body down): Thank you.

Ded: The Dark Oval's getting desperate. Now they're setting fire to the whole city.

Rh Lad (Stares at the ground a moment, then cries out): No! They're not going to hurt anyone else!

<Rh Lad closes his eyes and clenches his fists and cries out as if struggling. All the fires go out, the tornado turns to a light snow flurry. The city is soon covered in a light, fluffy snow.>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731250 09/07/06 12:29 AM
Active
Active
[Lard Lad arrives in Whordru's vicinity. She spots him.]

"Lard Lad! Over here!" she shouts to him.

[He hears her and runs to her.]

[kneeling down to her] "Whordru? Gods, what's wrong? Are you all right?"

"No!" she says, crying. "Something else else is terribly wrong, but I don't know what it is!"

"I...I feel it, too--felt something distant since I woke up. A disturbance in the Lard Force. It's stronger now, as I hold you..."

[He reaches out with his powers.]

"Oh! Oh...gods..." he whispers, his eyes haunted by some distant horror no one else can see. "Your..your people...they're..."

"NO!!! They CAN'T be...!"

[She starts crying harder and holds Lard Lad tighter as she buries her eyes in his shoulder.]

[That haunted look on his face still there, he tightens his grip around her as well.]

"Gods...no..." Lard Lad whispers.

#731251 09/07/06 12:40 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by matlock:
You're not the boss of me Ranger!!! Put me down! I'm not a baby... I'm assistant... chief. Legionworld... zzz... zzz... don't wanna nap. 'm not tired... zzzz...
<holding sleeping Matlock>

Er...

<walks over to Rockhopper Lad and Dedman>

Well done Rockhopper. Quislet's forces and the SMB are taking down the final Dominion troops...

<puts hand on his shoulder>

I'm sorry for your loss.

<little Matlock starts to stir. Ranger pulls out his blaster>

Let's get even.

Justice comes at a price. What are you willing to pay for it?
#731252 09/07/06 12:46 AM
Active
Active
<Metternich turns back to the LMB, shifting back into an alien form naked to the regular eye>
OOC: I hope you meant to say "invisible to the naked eye" -- or is Metternich a Durlan streaker now? eek

Seth signals to the Space Ranger, indicating the sleeping "toddler" the man carries. "Let me take him; you've got mobility and range that I don't have, right now." As he awaits the Ranger's answer, Seth can almost believe he's watching over little Garridan again. A memory that he cherished... but now it's painful.

#731253 09/07/06 11:11 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(DB is forced to waste time disspersing Metternich's Tornado....seeing the small fires popping up DB uses wind bursts to blow out some fires)

#731254 09/07/06 11:34 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Magistrate Angra Metternich:
<uses Reboot's rebooting to heal Durlan abilities>

At last, I'll bloody my hands in battle...
Originally posted by Re-Bots:
"Re-Bot calling Reboot. Re-Bot calling Reboot. Come in."

"Yes?"

*Re-Bot explains that Metternich has copied the powers of the Re-Bots he captured before*

*Reboot laughs, loudly*
*sits in the Mainframe's Great Hall, thinking. Eventually shrugs, mutters Reboot and clicks fingers*

*Metternich appears before him*

You really had no idea what you messed with, did you? You copied a Re-Bots' power, but the Re-Bots have no power, they tap into mine. There's only one Icon and one Glitch, and they're both parts of me now.

I was wondering what that little nagging feeling was - it was you, wasn't it, leech? But that works both ways. Anything touched by a copy of my Icon, I can change at will, which I've used to heal allies in the past, but that doesn't make them a simple healing factor. You've BONDED an Icon copy to yourself. I think you can see where this is going.

You can't hide from me, because I can track all copies of my Icon at will. You can't use any of your stolen powers against me, as you've found out by now I'm sure, because you no longer have them to use since I Reboot them away before I teleported you here. Call it a precaution. And I've disabled your copy of the Icon so that only *I* can use it now.

Don't have time for you right now though, because of this mess you've made. What to do, what to do... Ah, of course.

Reboot.

*stirs the water in the fishbowl holding the goldfish that was Angra Metternich with his fingers, a tiny little greyed-out Icon still visible on its' side*

No more nukes for you, I think, but I'll be back to study you soon, there's something not quite right about you... too quiet. We'll deal with you properly after this mess is over and your leaderless forces are routed. And, just in case you copied and pasted this copy onto anyone else... Reboot... that should do it. Bye for now...

*picks up the goldfish bowl and puts it through a TouchWindow™ into a pocket dimension for safekeeping*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#731255 09/07/06 11:38 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
<Still holding Whordru. Releases her and looks her in the eyes, hands on either side of her face.>

"Look..if you want to do something with that rage inside you, go help Cobalt with the battle in orbit. He needs your help. Me..I've gotta rally everyone down here and take Metternich down. After this is all over, you'll have a place here on Legion World--I swear it!"

{Wipes tears. Stands up.} "I was wrong about you, Lard Lad. Maybe I've been chasing the wrong horse all this time." {Takes his face. Kisses him. Surprised at himself, he kisses her back and locks in a strong embrace.}

"Now," she says with a little of the regal swagger back, "I've got some Dark Oval ships to destroy! Make Metternich pay!"

<disappears in a puff of smoke.>

<Lard Lad stands there transfixed for a long moment.>

#731256 09/07/06 11:44 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
*teleports to Lard's location*

Metternich is dealt with, no thanks to you. Idiot thought he could copy the Re-Bots' power without consequences. I mean, copying a dupe? How Basic can you get? Here's what he looks like now:

*opens VidWindow™ to the pocket dimension he stowed Metter-fish in, showing him swimming about his bowl*

And don't think I've forgotten you started this. You WILL answer for it, and soon now...

*teleports out*

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#731257 09/07/06 11:49 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<back on Legion World>

"Hmmm...interesting," Metternich says as he's giving orders to orbital forces. "Reboot has shanghaied an aspect of me, the part that copied his power. I realized after copying it that I would have to isolate it. There is no part of the Re-Bots left in me, and I'll be sure not to copy those powers again. As always, Reboot underestimates his opponents!"

"Let him enjoy his 'victory' for now. I'm either going to destroy this world and all its forces...or take out as much of them as I possibly can! HA-HA-HAAAA!"

#731258 09/07/06 12:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The war in the streets is getting out of hand.

(Concentrates as global weaher becomes extreme, rain, winds, sleet, fog, and snow make battle too difficult as the Dark Oval are unable to see, and havng to stomp through mud and against winds)

That should give legionworld a breather.

#731259 09/07/06 01:36 PM
Active
Active
It seemed that the Space Ranger was too eager to get back to the battle to notice Seth, so the Angtui turned away and tried to help elsewhere...

As Seth made his way along, he heard about the cause of some of the damage; Metternich firing heat-vision blasts upon any that came within his range, whether Legion Worlders or his own troops. "A Durlan with heat vision?! That's imposs--"

Seth suddenly clutched at his head, as within his mind he saw a white-haired Durlan woman in the Guard Academy's combat area. "You don't need to dissolve so much of the pillar, Toxin; attack the base, and let gravity finish the work for you -- like this!" She acted as she spoke, her now-fuming hand striking the small pillar's base. It soon fell, once its support base was destroyed.

The vision was interrupted as Seth was lashed by a downpour of mixed rain and sleet. "Another Composite... I-- I need to warn the others!" He hurried on, as best he could considering the very foul weather. The fog didn't worry him so much; Seth's eyelets were made to see through such thick atmospheres.

And finally he came within sight of... "Lard Lad! Over here!" Seth called out.

#731260 09/07/06 03:41 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<the Rebooted fishbowl that was once a portion of Metternich stirs slightly but has lost all sentience.>

<but it has lost all connection to the real Metternich. Its story however, is far from complete...>

#731261 09/07/06 03:49 PM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
<As the Dark Oval troops scramble, as Disaster Boy's storm takes hold>

COWARDS! MOVE FORWARD FOR THE DARK OVAL!!!

<Metternich leaps at Disaster Boy, chopping him down with an enormous blade across his back>

Now.

A Legion full of persons so powerful that you believe you can work your way out of any sitution? Defeat any enemy with ease?

Well, this invasion has taught you that is not true, and I will now teach you the same for even one enemy!

<copying Lightning Lad's powers, Metternich unleashes Lightning blasts on Rockhopper Lad, Dedman, baby Matlock, Space Ranger, Liberty Monkey, Disaster Boy and Quislet>

#731262 09/07/06 05:22 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
IEIEIEIEIE!!!!!!!

* Quislet, Esq falls to the ground. His hair smoking a little from the lightning bolt. A whoopie pie rolls from his hand. Aunt Ida's special lemonade spills from a bottle and soaks into the ground. From various location, 50 former Dark Oval troopers fire point blank at Metternich.*

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#731263 09/07/06 06:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
(Disaster Boy lies face down in the mud, un moving, a nasty gash through the back of his costume, lightning strikes barely missing him)

#731264 09/07/06 07:26 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
<Rockhopper Lad has managed to construct an igloo around Dedman, baby Matlock, Space Ranger, Liberty Monkey and Rockhopper Lass and himself, protecting them from the lightning, for now...>

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#731265 09/07/06 08:06 PM
Substitute
Substitute
< Suddenly, Nightcrawler appears behind Metternich in a cloud of smoke and brimstone. He grabs the Durlan's shoulders and the two disappear and reappear a split second later outside Cafe Cramer >

Nightcrawler: Get...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside Shakes >

Nightcrawler: Off...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside the ruins of the Security Office >

Nightcrawler: My...

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later outside the Princess Crujectra Center >

Nightcrawler: Planet!!!

< The two disappear, and reappear a split second later in Legion World orbit. Nightcrawler releases Metternich in the vacuum of space, and teleports back down to Legion World >

Page 7 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,938
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tekwych
Tekwych
New Mexico
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star