Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Updates? + WT@$#! is going on?
#851911 05/23/15 05:01 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Fellow LSH fans,

Hi, just finished a few months of being too busy to even tie my own shoes... haven't been here in that time, and just got picked up 2+ months of comics from my shop. I think I had just barely heard about Convergence in time to get them to hold it for me.

anyway, I'd be ever so grateful to anyone who would take the time to answer any of the following:

1) most important thing: any word on a new PERMANENT LSH title?
Are we still stuck in indefinite limbo? Augh...

2) Both Convergence #0 and #1 seem to start in the middle of something... from whence does this story begin? related...

3) My best guess to above is Justice League #40, and regardless of whether that guess is correct, that issue says it is supposed to be continued in "Divergence" to be issues May 02 on Free Comic Day. WELL, I obviously missed that and think it might be hard to find... is that really the ONLY place the story continues, or does that free comic (as typical of the free comics) simply contain a preview of what will be published later?

Thank you very much for answering!

Quick comments:
The Divergence storyline looks like it will be pretty good, which is why I'd hate to miss it. As for the LSH Convergence, .. meh. Better than nothing, art in #1 was awful, and the Atomic Knights are WAY out of left field... still feels like they (the LSH) were dissed, as does the fact that JLU hogged the cover art on their recent LSH cross-over... used to be, X-over guests were featured prominently on all covers.

sigh...

"I like stuff that doesn't exist."
Re: Updates? + WT@$#! is going on?
Evolution Has Failed #851912 05/23/15 05:14 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
1) No news of anything Legion coming our way. Someone posted that there's no new Legion book in the new titles coming up. SO, still in the Phantom Zone.

No idea on the others as I'm not reading them, but someone will chip in with the info.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Evolution Has Failed #851914 05/23/15 05:43 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
2) It *does*... it comes right out of the E2 "World's End" weekly. And there's a new E2:Society monthly coming after Convergence... GUESS WHICH CITY WINS. tongue

Evolution Has Failed #851989 05/23/15 10:30 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Thanks, Pov, I don't think I'd have ever figured THAT out...

Thanks to Thoth lad also ... though not the answer I wanted to hear... it's beginning to look like someone at the top just doesn't like the Legion...

Evolution Has Failed #852044 05/24/15 06:30 AM
in hiding
in hiding
Suppose DC staged a huge crossover event and no one cared?

First comic books ever bought: A DC four-for-47-cents grab bag that included Adventure #331. The rest is history.
Evolution Has Failed #852050 05/24/15 07:12 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Like the last dozen you mean? Or was that just me?

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Evolution Has Failed #852052 05/24/15 07:44 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think this event exists purely to duel Secret Wars, which I am guessing was in the pipeline for years at Marvel (the Incursions being a plot device to get to that end). Speaking of dueling, there are rumors that the Legion might get a movie due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy. I think DC/Warner is just trying to figure out how to go about making a Legion movie with mass appeal; and then there should be a new title released leading up to the movie.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #852061 05/24/15 08:31 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
I think this event exists purely to duel Secret Wars, which I am guessing was in the pipeline for years at Marvel (the Incursions being a plot device to get to that end). Speaking of dueling, there are rumors that the Legion might get a movie due to the success of Guardians of the Galaxy. I think DC/Warner is just trying to figure out how to go about making a Legion movie with mass appeal; and then there should be a new title released leading up to the movie.

DC is moving offices from New York to California. The actual logistics of the move were set to take about two months, so they built up Convergence as a throwaway event to tread water (Which is why there aren't a lot of the regular established creative teams on any of the books). Along the way they started hyping it more and more, and may take cues from it if it is deemed successful, but it's ultimately still a placeholder.

the Hermit #852084 05/24/15 02:30 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Originally Posted by the Hermit
Suppose DC staged a huge crossover event and no one cared?

Yeah, it is pretty ironic how much $$ I am pouring into buying convergence, when mainly I'm angry at DC for canceling the Legion in the first place...

They got me because they *appeared* to include the Legion...
though really it has nothing to do with the main storyline, and now we hear it won't lead to a post-convergence LSH title...

It may be a placeholder, but it's not that different than their similar multitudes of previous crossovers... just a periodic money grab which they'll likely continue to do if they keep profiting from it.

Evolution Has Failed #852087 05/24/15 04:57 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Evolution Has Failed
.. but it's not that different than their similar multitudes of previous crossovers... just a periodic money grab which they'll likely continue to do if they keep profiting from it.

Exactly why I voted with my wallet a while ago with these things. Why would I want to encourage them to churn out another one?

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP