Roll Call
0 members (), 16 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 09:14 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 09:13 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 08:46 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:21 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by razsolo - 03/28/24 06:18 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16
Adventure Comics starring the Legion of Super-Heroes
#71878 11/17/08 09:49 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Pretty close to being official... though pretty much no details on the creative team. If its in Adventure, one might suspect that Superman or Superboy would be a recurring part of the feature.

Adventure Comics is one of my favorite historical titles at DC. But while I'm positive about Lo3W, just about anything related to DC these days has me skeptical and worried.

Re: Adventure Comics starring the Legion of Super-Heroes
#71879 11/17/08 09:54 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I know, and it's a shame too...! But yep, Adventure COmics is back with the Legion as it's stars apparently.

Ze Frainch Legion fan
#71880 11/17/08 10:47 AM
Active
Active
Why is this a bad thing? No criticism meant on my part, just curious as to why or what your feelings are.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.
#71881 11/17/08 11:12 AM
Leader
Leader
It's high time they brought the Legion back to Adventure Comics, imho. Just don't understand why it took them 40 years to do it. I also don't see why they have to start over with #1.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#71882 11/17/08 11:17 AM
Active
Active
I think I'd rather see an ADV as an anthology. Legion deserves its own book. And not a subaltern role to Superman.

#71883 11/17/08 11:19 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
[skeptical]Well, at least next time DC wants to get rid of the Legion, they won't have to cancel the title! They can simply move someone else into Adventure Comics![/skeptical]

#71884 11/17/08 12:17 PM
Deputy
Deputy
All but confirmed -- Adventure Comics relaunched, with feature long associated with that title:

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/110817-AdventureComics.html

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
#71885 11/17/08 01:46 PM
Active
Active
This announcement was part of a Superman dialogue and as such I suspect it will be starring Superman and the Legion. Presumably that's why it's not LSH v6

The Legion back in their spiriual home can't be all bad...

"Our devotion to each other was unexplainable"
"You were kids"
"No Batman, we were Legion"
#71886 11/17/08 01:58 PM
Active
Active
I love it...but the Legion needs two titles to be able to tell effective stories due to the size of the cast and scope of the stories.

It doesn't work as a limited feature...and the Legion fans have shown that that 25k base that supports every book can and will support more than one book...they showed it for just about the entire decade of the 90's.

Two titles...

Didio has also said he thinks all the cornerstone franchises deserve two titles...WW is about to get a second title, so is Justice League, Green Lantern and the Titans already have two titles...that just leaves Flash and the Legion as the cornerstones without them...hopefully this will just be part of the upcoming Legion plans.

The first issue of LOTW sold 68k plus reorders...while that's not as big as I thought it would be, it's definitely a good number that bodes well for the Legion's continued publication...remember, when the Legion is going well(usually when Superboy was in tow), it holds it's audience month to month like few franchises in history....that trend still was intact in the Action arc...hopefully it will be for this LOTW tale as well.

My foundation for relaunching the Legion since this began has always been based upon two titles...

One with Superman/boy, one without...that is how you satisfy the split in this base. One serves as the gateway title, and the other serves as the red-meat for the hardcore base...

I personally think they should have one title chronicling the early years(with Superboy, not Superman)...and then one that chronicles the contemporary era.

This has always made the most sense for a successful Legion franchise to me, given the splits within the base and what has been successful in the past.

It's always been good for the Legion to be in a title with Superboy...usually much better for the Legion than the Boy of Steel himself....always. Not so true with Superman...the one time they shared a title with Superman they almost became obsolete.

In any case...the Legion needs two titles, and hopefully Didio includes them in his list of cornerstone characters...for they are indeed a cornerstone, even though they have suffered more since the COIE than any of the other cornerstones.

#71887 11/17/08 02:05 PM
Space Fatigue Survivor
Space Fatigue Survivor
Originally posted by doublechinner:
All but confirmed -- Adventure Comics relaunched, with feature long associated with that title:
First thought: Aquaman becomes the new Spectre!! With red kryptonite Supergirl as the Black Orchid!!

Celebrating 10+ years of Legion Worldness
#71888 11/17/08 04:19 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Kid Quislet:
[b] All but confirmed -- Adventure Comics relaunched, with feature long associated with that title:
First thought: Aquaman becomes the new Spectre!! With red kryptonite Supergirl as the Black Orchid!![/b]
I've heard stupider ideas than either of those.

#71889 11/17/08 05:20 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b]
[b] All but confirmed -- Adventure Comics relaunched, with feature long associated with that title:
First thought: Aquaman becomes the new Spectre!! With red kryptonite Supergirl as the Black Orchid!![/b]
I've heard stupider ideas than either of those. [/b]
Wow ~ it certainly came from way out in left field to me!
What have you heard???!

I like the idea of Adventure & the Legion.
Whether I continue to like the idea depends on the details.
Since there is no Superboy (hero) I don't know how DC could include him in the stories.
I've always wanted Supergirl more, anyway.
But, we'll see.

I agree that the Legion needs at least 2 books per month and that doesn't include R.E.B.E.L.S.,
imo.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#71890 11/17/08 05:29 PM
Active
Active
The March solicits are up at Newsarama...

http://www.newsarama.com/comics/081115-dc-solicitations-mar-09.html

They have a couple of interesting entries concernig the Legion.

The first is:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
The first is Adventures Comics #0 which features a reprint of Adventure Comics #247 and a new story call Origins and Omens. Interesting...if that's the relaunch of Adventure, it doesn't appear to be an anthology, but rather a book devoted entirely to the Legion. The creative team for the Origins and Omens story isn't listed in the solicit....Call it a hunch, but I am pretty sure it's not Otto Binder and Al Plastino. </span></span>

The second is:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">R.E.B.E.L.S. #1 which is the new Bedard book and an apparent relaunch of the old L.E.G.I.O.N. title which took the Rebels name at the end of it's run. What's really interesting about this is that they list a guest appearance by SUPERGIRL and the Legion of Superheroes...curiouser and curiouser..what are they up to?</span></span>

A couple of other things of interest:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The Action Comics from this month features Mon-El.</span></span>

And..

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">While I can't be certain, but when looking at the writing credits for this months JSA, Geoff Johns appears to be phasing himself out of the JSA and ceding the title to Jerry Ordway...perhaps to add room for an ongoing Legion Title? This entire month seems pretty light on Geoff Johns titles actually...could be Legion related.</span></span>

#71891 11/17/08 06:56 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Regarding the JSA speculation - I'm thinking it's more along the lines of Jerry Ordway wanting to fix the mess made of the Marvel Family lately and asking Geoff to help him do it in the JSA series for this story arc and not a regular gig.

#71892 11/17/08 08:18 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Matthew E:
[b]
I've heard stupider ideas than either of those. [/b]
Yeah, like "let's reboot the Legion since we can't do it as well as that Giffen dude did a few years ago! And let's keep it really simple and infantile!"

#71893 11/18/08 02:26 AM
Leader
Leader
I still wish Giffen hadn't changed his art style for the 5YL.

I, for one, am looking forward to it-IF it can stay on schedule and not have a revolving door of artists and writers.

Long Live all them Legions!
#71894 11/18/08 05:49 AM
Honorary
Honorary
I can't wait for Adventure Comics, and R.E.B.E.L.S. next year is going to be awesome.

I hope there is a Superboy to be with the Legion though I think that could help the book.

"There is always a solution to every Obstacle."-Karate Kid
#71895 11/18/08 10:25 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If what Dan D says is true and Legion is featured in Adventure Comics then it will be great. Now let's hope that whatever creative team is picked has the fans' best interests at heart (meaning read all theses darn forums!).
smile

#71896 11/18/08 10:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Do you all think that the Legion will be the only occupant of Adventure? Didio's comments indicated to me that Adventure would feature the Legion as it's main story, but would also be home to other guest heroes from time to time. In other words, the Legion may not appear every month. At least that's the impression I got reading the LA Times article.

#71897 11/18/08 11:14 AM
S
Active
Active
S
Well, I guess this is better than nothing.

Aaron Kashtan/Sir Tim Drake
#71898 11/18/08 11:18 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Do you all think that the Legion will be the only occupant of Adventure? Didio's comments indicated to me that Adventure would feature the Legion as it's main story, but would also be home to other guest heroes from time to time. In other words, the Legion may not appear every month. At least that's the impression I got reading the LA Times article.
My guess is Aquaman.

#71899 11/18/08 12:12 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Superboy:
WW is about to get a second title
really? confused

anyway, i don't understand why DC decided to restart adventure comics from issue 1.
i mean, i understand #1s' attractiveness. but i believe the point in bringing back such a title should be to resurrect "one of the very first comic books ever", as you said. wouldn't an adventure comics v3 #1 be now as meaningless as the new brave and the bold series, who already fell into oblivion (meaning the nobody cares about it anymore after just a bunch of issues)?
i think putting out an issue #0 would have been enough to lure new readers in, instead of restarting with a whole new issue #1.

i'm happy so the legion will have his own book again! i just hope the new AC will feature the action comics legion and not that awful threeboot...

#71900 11/18/08 02:53 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Semi Transparent Fellow:
Tales of the Bizarro World!
eek

Paul Newell
Titan President
#71901 11/18/08 03:41 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Maybe the back up story will be a superman +1 legionnaire member stand alone story. That would be sweet.

There is no better Super Hero group to have ever been in comics than the Legion of Super Heroes.
#71902 11/18/08 04:32 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I've long wondered why we don't see a return to titles like Adventure with more than one feature in them. It would seem an obvious way of pooling loyal readerships of different characters that aren't, on their own, large enough to sustain a regular book. I wonder if there are diseconomies related to having more than 1 creative team?

...but you don't have a moment where you're sitting there staring at a table full of twenty-five characters with little name signs that say, "Hi, my superpower is confusing you!"
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,280
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Lurker Lass
Lurker Lass
Somewhere in the Multi-verse
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star