Roll Call
1 members (idle, idle, idle), 19 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/23/24 06:45 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/23/24 05:45 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/23/24 05:43 PM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by rickshaw1 - 04/23/24 04:12 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 03:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/22/24 02:40 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Complete Legion Makeover...NOW!
#11373 10/24/03 02:19 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
If you think about it, most of the legionnaires have had their drab superhero costumes since before zero hour...almost TEN years ago!

That's why I propose a total legion makeover and I'm not just talking about getting rid of the lame green thing in Vi's hair I MEAN a total legion makeover. Every legionnaire MUST in the next twelve months get a new costume/new accessories/haircut. The legion must truly be the worst dressed superhero team ever. Case in point: saddlebags? I didn't realize it was still 1994. The same thing can be said for T-Wolf's current leather over latex + skunk stripes look(the boots can stay though). NO ONE is exempt (except Wildfire: he currently has the best superhero costume EVER). Say NO to M'Onel's bling blings. Say BEGONE to Kid Q's hoop earings. Say AUDIEU to Imra's ponytail.

Who else is with me?

Re: Complete Legion Makeover...NOW!
#11374 10/24/03 02:35 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I quite like the uniforms to be honest although I would mind seeing some new ones. Just so long at they don't all look like they are in a swimsuit special.

#11375 10/24/03 02:54 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Okay - ditch the bling blings, but keep the starfield.

The thing is, they're not obligated to wear "costumes" or uniforms, are they? Couldn't they have a few different looks? Just to drive the artist(s) crazy....

I don't mind the uniforms, some of them I quite like (especially said starfield for M'onel). I like Lyle's very simple, unassuming black & white costume. Wouldn't want to change Gates or Sensor. Kinetix will probably change her look again, given her history. Umbra got a new look last issue. Shikari's armour is fixed, I guess. But the others...

Maybe Imra should wear black, as in mourning. Could be quite striking, too.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#11376 10/24/03 05:36 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't need to see a big makeover for the whole team, but some of them could use new costumes. It's of course subjective who could use one, but the three founders historically haven't strayed too far from the core concepts of their outfits. Imra's swimsuit was the biggest departure of the three of them.

I like there to be some continuity for some of the characters -- Jo for instance looks great right now, imo. As does Wildfire.

Brainy could change as long as it's not flashy since that would go against his character.

Vi could change to almost anything -- she's had a lot of different looks over the years.

Kinetix -- she needs more than just clothes...

And of course when it comes to radical costume changes, I think "Legion on the Run" proved that's not always a good idea...

#11377 10/24/03 06:02 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Legion on the Run - eep. Not what I'd like to see happen to my beloved legion at all.

I was thinking more along the lines of the big Giffen costume overhaul at the end of the baxter run though moving more away from the uniform aspect of their current costumes (aka. get rid of the bum bags and the stripe.)

I think that even the legionnaires that do have good costumes could do with a change. As I said, most of them have had the same costume for almost ten years. At least change some of their accessories or give them new hairstyles. Or at the very least just get rid of Kid Q's awful floating earrings.

#11378 10/24/03 01:07 PM
Leader
Leader
What are bling blings?

I still say M'Onel's costume is pretty gaudy for someone who just wants to blend in with the common folk and not be treated as a god.

I HATE Shikari's costume.

XS's sucks too, IMO.

I want some purple put back into Star Boy's, but there are alot of other members with purple costumes now I guess.

There's too much black in Violet's now.

Why doesn't Triad wear a Legion belt anymore?

I always thought Chameleon's and Ferro's costumes were pretty blah.

Give Sensor some clothes of some sort for God's sake.

On the other hand, I really dig the costumes sported by Dreamer and Karate Kid.

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#11379 10/24/03 03:05 PM
Applicant
Applicant
in the costumes' defense, superman has had his look (altho it's been tweaked and changed temporarily) for 65 years. what's 10 years?

i've always liked the uniforms most of them currently sport. i liked the legion belts and even the stripe. i thought it made them look more like a team. this of the science police. they have uniforms that separate them from the rest of the populace. why can't the legion do the same?

sure, some of them could use some updating, but overall, i like the effect they have. you can tell they are legionnaires by the way they dress.

vi desperately needs a new look.
sensor needs clothes.
dreamer and triad need legion belts.
umbra needs to return to her other outfit.
i want dirk morgna/inferno back.

and as for the saddlebags, no everyone has to wear them. but i figure they carry some important stuff in them (ie omnicoms, transuits etc) so they are utilitarian.

but that's just me. smile

it was the ether that knocked her out cold.
#11380 10/25/03 07:38 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
i'd like to see a change to the costumes !!! i prefer a more individual look, without the centre panel !!!

we are starting to see a few more LEGIONNAIRES in different costumes and i hope this trend continues, soon .....

Matthew.

#11381 10/25/03 03:35 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Chameleon desperately needs a make-over...

And Jeckie needs a waistcoat at very least!

I think Vi needs to wear something more 'army uniform'-ish like Giffen had her wear.... IMO her current costume just doesn't fit with her at all...

Saturn girl in Black was a great suggestion from 'Cramer! Never having thought much of her in any incarnation I think it would be the best fashion statement Imra has ever made.... just so long as it's not a black bikini scream

#11382 11/16/03 10:05 AM
Substitute
Substitute
I like the central panel idea. It gives a degree of continuity to the uniforms. I would like to see the team in street or casual clothes more often. The uniforms would not be so boring if we didn't see them every issue.

I do wish the team would dump the jackets. They do not match even half of the uniforms. If they want to keep the jackets, then design uniforms that match the jackets or wear the jackets with causal clothes.

As for Imra in black, maybe when she's older (mid-twenties). Black is Lyle's color. It's perfect for him. The ponytail reminds us that they are still teens and she's pretty in pink. Besides, the ponytail comes and goes depending on the artist. Baptista is one of the few artists that can draw it well and at times, it can be extremely expressive, especially in the action scenes.

She may lose it with the next artist or when she grows older, but,in the meantime, keep the pony tail!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,911
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Patch Lad
Patch Lad
Mississippi
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star