Roll Call
1 members (stile86), 13 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/24/24 06:40 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 04/24/24 06:38 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/24/24 12:59 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Re: Cobalt's Office of Security - Post-Crisis
#244898 10/12/09 10:07 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Back in the main office, Everyday Girl has brewed some coffee and heated some water and offers everyone there tea or coffee to help revive them.

As Kent takes his, Candle looks at him and says, "You just happen to carry a HOWITZER?! Those are anti-tank guns aren't they?!"

And she begins to chuckle into her cup of English Breakfast.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244899 10/12/09 10:44 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod, umm... Miss Candle... I like made the coffee and junk 'cuz you asked but I'm not like one of the staff.

My title is Assistant Chief of Security, so like tecnically you work for me, not the other way around.

'Kay? Bye, I'll be in my office if you need me...

<runs out of the room>

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#244900 10/12/09 11:23 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Space Ranger:
<Ranger walks into Cobalts office followed by a cloaked figure...>

Um... Cobalt, I'm not sure this is the best time to bring this up but...

<He turns and removes the robe from the figure behind him, revealing...>

click to enlarge

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(The new uniforms for your interns have arrived...)

Excellent. laugh

And who is this lovely creature? My new intern, I surmise. Great, I'm going to need someone underneath me. I'm glad we'll have uniforms for my interns specifically. The hat and collar are a nice touch (so is the bare midriff, and the...well, you get what I mean).

Ranger, why don't you bring them all in my office so we can go over strategy. I suddenly feel refreshed and full of energy. Let's save Legion World, dammit, so we can throw an after party!

#244901 10/12/09 12:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Everyday Girl:
Ohmygod, umm... Miss Candle... I like made the coffee and junk 'cuz you asked but I'm not like one of the staff.

My title is Assistant Chief of Security, so like tecnically you work for me, not the other way around.

'Kay? Bye, I'll be in my office if you need me...

<runs out of the room>
"O-k-a-y . . ."

"IS there a receptionsit?"
"Does it pay?"
"Maybe I should apply for it if there IS a receptionist job and nobody is doing it, 'cause what I'm doing now doesn't pay, does it, Kent?"
(I'll have to read the first 9 or so pages to see what the set-up is here, though."

"Do I work for her technically if I don't get paid as a special agent/liason in charge of Dragons?"

"You'll have to show me how you like your coffee made, Mr. Shakespeare, since I don't drink it, myself."

Candle begins to chuckle again.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244902 10/13/09 06:17 PM
Active
Active
click to enlarge

<Saunters up to the intern sitting at the receptionist's desk.>

Hello young lady, can you direct me to whomever is available to receive a complaint?

I am Constable Brimstone H. Devil of the Cloud Castle Security Force and I'd like to report a series of break-ins and burglaries...

Soon, Legion World, Soon your time will end.
#244903 10/13/09 06:55 PM
Active
Active
As Constable Brimstone H. Devil talks with the intern receptionist, click to enlarge slip unnoticed into the buildings ventalation system...

Who we supposed to be watching/listening to?

Everybody, but especially Cobalt Kid, Space Ranger, Kent Shakespeare, and Everyday Girl...

#244904 10/13/09 07:37 PM
Substitute
Substitute
click to enlarge

appear in Everyday Girl's office.

The female agent looks at Girl, while the male agent looks at the air vents.
"We are agents sent by our Magestrix to inform you that Kardi's agents have infiltrated this establishment with the purpose of spying on the activities of this organization."

The male speaks up, "I hear two or three tiny voices in the air ducts. Shall I retrieve them for you?"

Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.
#244905 10/13/09 07:52 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
In the Receptian area, Candle looks at the Constable with narrowed eyes and flickering armor.

"I don't know who can assist you, possibly Mr. Shakespeare here, can help you, or we can get Cobalt Kid for you when his current guest leaves?"

Candle looks at the vents and her eyes narrow even further.

"Do you plan on leaving the fairies in the airducts when you leave or are they a permanent gift or the Legion World Office of Security?"

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244906 10/14/09 05:31 AM
Active
Active
click to enlarge

Look, Agents of one of the ommnipotent females...

[farie magic]
Blue: I don't hear them
Violet: I don't see them
Red: I'm not talking to them...
[/fairie magic]

The Magestrix's two agents vanish...

#244907 10/14/09 05:36 AM
Active
Active
click to enlarge

Blinks in surprize as the cute intern he was attempting to chat up is replaced by Candle...

Actually I don't have all day to wait. Perhaps there are some complaint forms I can fill out, since it seems your office is supremely uninterested in crimes committed AGAINST the Cloud Castle and it's inhabitants.

Also please notify Cobalt Kid and his staff that in the future, anyone who has not been granted free access by the Master, will suffer severe consequences for their actions if they choose to invade our home.

Good Day...

#244908 10/14/09 06:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
click to enlarge

appear in the Reception Office and Cloak hands the sleeping fairies to the Constable.

"We don't 'disappear' for very long," Dagger says to him, "since 'disappearing' is what Cloak DOES, on a regular basis."

"And I don't know who you were chatting up, 'sir', Cobalt Kid hasn't assigned an intern to Reception yet, that we've seen, anyway," Candle says quietly to the Constable's back as he turns and walks out.

Bilbo bumps into Brimstone, looks at him to apologize.
Brimstone snarles, his glamour slipping somewhat in frustration, and Bilbo gives a little scream, shudders through the door and slams it shut.

"Wow, miss, he's as horrible as the other one!"

"I'm here for that Howitze so I can keep from being eaten by one of these things," he stammers.

He continues,"I've lived on Legion World for a long time and I've seen a lot of interesting things, ya know, but never any 'things' like I've seen here since that Cloud Castle showed up!"

"Demons and that ilk scare me and every citizen here! Even the space pirates and smugglers, not to mention the pick-pockets, are murmuring and talking about finding other worlds for berths!"

"And that castle just got here!"

Bilbo pauses to take a breath and click to enlarge
take the opportunity to salute Kent and Candle and disappear again, this time on their own power.

"Those two aren't normally around here, that I remember, anyway," says Kent with wide eyes.

"No, they're just assigned to me by Mysa Nal3 until I go to the dragons," Candle replies.
"Zardi has more powerful enemies than he may know of, especially where the dragons are concerned!"

Candle turns to the desk and whispers to herself, "and I'm no Glinda."

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244909 10/14/09 08:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
When Bilbo starts in again, Candle directs him to Kent.

Then she gets up from the Reception Desk and says to the room in general, "Reception work is too difficult! Besides the coffee making, you have to be polite to demons and that's just NOT my calling."

As she wonders over to the mail cubbies, a small bevy of Whizzy and Streaky wake up from their nap under the couch and begin studying the hovering creatures.

"Don't bat at the Lumen, dears," Candle says, then turns to Kent, "I have to go, I have a chance at an audience with the Regent, FyresDawn, in Luna's void."

As she gathers the kittens and heads for the door, she says, "Please tell Sharky that I'm sorry that I missed him again. I was hoping he could join me on my mission to the Dragons. But, I suppose Cobie would have had something for him to do, anyway."

"Bye!"

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244910 10/14/09 09:07 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Bon chance, ma cherie!

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#244911 10/14/09 01:57 PM
Substitute
Substitute
A Lume flies through the outer walls of the Office and flits from office to office until it finds Luna's.
She's napping on a daybed placed under her large window, so it leaves the note it's carrying on her desk chair seat, for her to find later.

The note reads:
<span style="font-size: 16px;">To MysticLuna ~

It has occured to us that the dragons bringing life to you ancestrial 'void' may be the reason for you current weakness.

We don't know that this is true, it's just a possibility.

We can't chance that the hypothesis is correct and that we would continue to injure you.

SO ~ a mirror void has been created and all developments in the dragon's lives that happened in your 'void' have been removed.

That is, the ones that involve our servants and the Dragons. It was beyond our power to remove Zardox's intrusions.
You will have to deal with those yourself.

Regretfully and with the hope that you will regain most, if not all, of your health,

Mysa Nal3
Magestrix
</span>

Quietly buzzing over her, it drops some healing dust over her, just for good measure it thinks.
Finished, the Lume flits out through the closed window and disappears into the city's afternoon haze.

Let the games thrive, friend and foe alike.

But, . . . the time is shorter than we think.
#244912 01/03/10 02:10 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Some weeks later, Lumena Lume darts through a closed window and deposits a note in Cobalt Kid's mail cubbie.

She flits up to the new receptionist, who looks up from her work, startled.
"What . . .?"

Then, Lume darts back out through the same window that she came in through.

The receptionist mutters to herself, "This is SUCH a strange place."

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#244913 03/09/10 01:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm thinking that this place needs an upgrade...more space and some personal protection for our beloved Security Chief. A Promotion is in order as well. I just need your vote to accomplish all this...and more.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#244914 03/10/10 01:11 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Cobie, ignor Dev, you know he is just pandering to get your vote.
As a former security officer you know I'll REALLY have the best interests of the office at heart.

#244915 03/10/10 09:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Says nothing as to what he'll actually do for you...or how much the LMBP will be backing you financially.

#244916 03/10/10 01:36 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Maybe we can repeal some of these rights the citizens get. Honestly, I wouldn't mind being allowed to just barge into anywhere.

#244917 03/10/10 01:39 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's never stopped you at my place...

#244918 03/19/10 09:01 AM
Deputy
Deputy
It's time to move on to some real security issues.

Like the upcoming Legion World High Senior Prom

(Take it seriously people, those kids get too drunk and out of control, "poof" half the damm planet's gone!)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#244919 03/19/10 09:41 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I've been dreading this. All these months we've worked incredibly hard during the Lard Lad / Cleome term, dealing with issues before they could become calamities that make the galactic news. Super-villains, invasions, science gone horribly wrong, doped up addicts looking for a fix, prostitutes being harrassed by prudish zealots. And we've gotten quite a bit done.

But now it approaches. The Legion World Senior Prom. In one of those rare occurrences, all of the schools of LW have combined to have one huge Prom and it happens to be Everyday Girl's first Prom, and just also happens to occur on the same day the solar cycle hits its next maximum. Even weirder, this is the day the Red Bee promised he'd return to Legion World to cause problems, and its the annivesary of the first battle with the Time Mouse Trapper. It just can't be good.

I think there's only one solution. I need to attend the Legion World Prom (with a date) and watch is myself.

#244920 03/19/10 10:30 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I don't know how good of an idea you attending openly is Cobie. Now don't get me wrong, I want you there. I just don't want you to be the center of attention. Go with that teacher, what's her name, again? Ms. Holly Horni or something like that?

Stay off to the side, or in the teacher's lounge, until the fur starts flying. And if it doesn't, somebody will still have had a good time.

(Besides, I heard that JBL will be there.)

(Just as soon as the Check Clears!)
#244921 03/19/10 10:45 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<double take>

What? Er, um, sorry, I thought I misheard you.

(Did he say Jailbait Lass is going to be there? Oh great...)

I guess I can hang with the teacher's and patrol the event. I can get at least 10 detention innuendos in during the first five minutes...

#244922 03/19/10 10:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
um........who exactly is Everyday Girl taking? Grimbor? a nice young man from ... Lythyl?

Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,921
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Library Lad
Library Lad
Morgantown, WV
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star