Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/15/24 09:28 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/15/24 07:21 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 04/15/24 09:29 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 04/15/24 08:56 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Gaseous Lad - 04/15/24 05:22 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/15/24 12:30 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/15/24 12:30 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/14/24 10:36 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Wow!!! Legion #27!!! (SPOILERS)
#16500 12/01/03 08:18 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Wasn't Brainy's 'upgrade' to 5.1 to help him with emotions? Maybe his emotion chip (images of Data from ST:NG) has short circuited?

#16501 12/01/03 08:26 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Perhaps Darkseids plan is to turn the Legion gay. They'll be so busy shopping for new uniforms that they won't have time to stop him!

#16502 12/01/03 08:32 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Wasn't Brainy's 'upgrade' to 5.1 to help him with emotions? Maybe his emotion chip (images of Data from ST:NG) has short circuited?
Didn't the end of Dark Circle Rising basically undo the personality rewrite tho, leaving the only anomolus change as his internalised forcefield?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#16503 12/01/03 08:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Looks That Kill Lad:
Perhaps Darkseids plan is to turn the Legion gay. They'll be so busy shopping for new uniforms that they won't have time to stop him!
Oh that'll work (I say as I hurry out the door to the Gap). wink

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#16504 12/01/03 08:43 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
[b] Wasn't Brainy's 'upgrade' to 5.1 to help him with emotions? Maybe his emotion chip (images of Data from ST:NG) has short circuited?
Didn't the end of Dark Circle Rising basically undo the personality rewrite tho, leaving the only anomolus change as his internalised forcefield? [/b]
It may have. That's one arc I haven't read.

#16505 12/01/03 08:51 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Sanity or Madness?:
[b]
[b] Wasn't Brainy's 'upgrade' to 5.1 to help him with emotions? Maybe his emotion chip (images of Data from ST:NG) has short circuited?
Didn't the end of Dark Circle Rising basically undo the personality rewrite tho, leaving the only anomolus change as his internalised forcefield? [/b]
It may have. That's one arc I haven't read. [/b]
You didn't miss anything except rage and sadness.

White. A blank page or canvas. His favorite. So... many... possibilities.
#16506 12/01/03 09:05 AM
C
Wanderer
Wanderer
C
Sanity or Madness:

Didn't the end of Dark Circle Rising basically undo the personality rewrite tho, leaving the only anomolus change as his internalised forcefield?
No. The epilogue issue has Brainy thinking about how the new personality made him vulnerable and considering returning to his prior coldness, but in the end, he made the decision to keep the new personality.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#16507 12/01/03 09:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
If this was just a matter of DnA wanting to show that Brainy values Lyle's friendship, then I think they would have just stopped at a hug. The kiss really does seem to indicate that there is more to the story. Personally, I will be greatly disappointed if the kiss was a red herring. The same could have been accomplished with a hug, and I think that it's just mean to get hopes up that there might be something more in the works.

And when you think about it, Brainy does seem to be a logical candidate for being gay or bi-sexual. The way his mind works, I doubt that sexuality is really an issue to him. He would probably have a very matter-of-fact attitude toward love or attraction.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#16508 12/01/03 09:24 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I agree with Cru, I don't think Brainy acted out of character. I don't think gender plays any role in the way he feels about people.

Juan

#16509 12/01/03 09:47 AM
strange but not a stranger
It wasn't gender or Brainiac 5's sexual orientation or even that Brainy was having an emotional response that I felt was out of character. It was the public display of an emotional response.

I didn't see any build up of emotion within Brainy that would warrant a public display of emotion.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#16510 12/01/03 11:29 AM
Leader
Leader
Regarding the kiss, I think it's just one of many examples of D&A's inconsistencies in portraying the Legionnaires' personalities and power levels. I'd love it to turn into a gay relationship, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Regarding the force field. It seems to me that while Brainy and Lyle were looking for something to "contain" the clones of darkness, Brainy's force field would've sprung to mind to at least one of these geniuses. And this could've been done before Brainy was supposedly too tired after the fight.

It was shown being used this way preboot by Duo Damsel, who had also internalized Brainy's force field, when she used it to contain Glorith.

I also agree the force field could've been used to contain the bomb and save the Time Institute. Of course these uses of the force field would've made it a pretty quick fight.

Regarding other members having access to force field belts: again, preboot, Supergirl and Duo Damsel both used copies of Brainy's belt, and he once willed one to Invisible Kid. Dream Girl also used his belt once, so at least preboot, force field belts all around would've been plausible and practical, but it wouldn't be very challenging if every Legionnaire was virtually given the power of invulnerability.

I think a more practical accessory would be some sort of weapon, at least for the weaker members. I think it's ludicrous that such members as Invisible Kid, Triad, and Apprarition go into battle empty handed against the likes of Darkseid or Mordru. Of course, the way D&A hand out super strength, speed, and invulnerability at a whim to such characters as Triad, Ras Al Ghul and Sensor, who needs weapons? We'll just give super strength/speed to everybody!

Buy my new graphic novel!
http://www.dodeka12.com
#16511 12/01/03 08:04 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by Kid Prime:
Originally posted by Looks That Kill Lad:
[b] Perhaps Darkseids plan is to turn the Legion gay. They'll be so busy shopping for new uniforms that they won't have time to stop him!
Oh that'll work (I say as I hurry out the door to the Gap). wink [/b]
Don't forget Banana Republic. laugh

#16512 12/01/03 08:27 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
Of course, the way D&A hand out super strength, speed, and invulnerability at a whim to such characters as Triad, Ras Al Ghul and Sensor, who needs weapons? We'll just give super strength/speed to everybody!
Hmmmmmmmm ... I wasn't aware that Triad and Sensor where the victims of such whimsical gifts ... perhaps I should go back and re-read my stack o' Legion.

There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved by a suitable application of high explosives.
#16513 12/01/03 08:28 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by jimgallagher:
I think it's ludicrous that such members as Invisible Kid, Triad, and Apprarition go into battle empty handed against the likes of Darkseid or Mordru. Of course, the way D&A hand out super strength, speed, and invulnerability at a whim to such characters as Triad, Ras Al Ghul and Sensor, who needs weapons? We'll just give super strength/speed to everybody!
I've felt this way for a long time. Probably a big part of why I never really warmed up to Monstress (though she lacked the speed).

I don't mind two Kryptonian/Daxamite level characters, plus Ultra Boy. M'Onel + Andromeda or M'Onel + Thunder is fine. But it kind of dilutes things when every other team member has their own power, in addition to enhanced strength, reflexes, and practically super-human fighting skills to boot.

#16514 12/02/03 01:55 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by JT.Hawk:
Hmmmmmmmm ... I wasn't aware that Triad and Sensor where the victims of such whimsical gifts ... perhaps I should go back and re-read my stack o' Legion.
Sensor has super strength now. No idea how as it seemed to appear before her change.

Ras seems to be basically unkillable which is presumably a side effect of centuries of using the lzarus pit.

Triad's Tri-jitsu seems to be good enough for her to take on Karate Kid.

#16515 12/02/03 12:33 PM
Active
Active
More thoughts on THE KISS.

It is possible that this seemingly out-of-left-field action on Brainy's part was just a signal of relief that his pal was okay. It isn't really that out of character when you think about it - it is usually the most emotionally repressed people that surprise themselves with over-the-top actions when the emotions finally come out.

But, knowing how DnA like to please their fans, but with a twist - ie. got rid of full snake Sensor - but she's not a humanoid white haired gal either - I can see them toying with us and instead of making I Kid the obvious gay choice - they made B5 the guy, but still involved Lyle in the scenario.

Time (or time anomolies) will tell.

The poster formerly known as Carggaphile.
#16516 12/02/03 04:24 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Legion Constitution Section 1, sub-section 1
"The Legion of Super-Heroes shall be an organization devoted to preserving the peaceful life of sentient beings throughout the universe."
Can anyone reconcile this with continuing to wear a costume which leads to rioting, injury and death?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#16517 12/03/03 07:33 AM
Applicant
Applicant
if that's in reference to the super-duds, kon-el is clearly in violation of the constitution anyway.

section 5, sub-section 7 reads "all members are required to design a personal uniform, with the aid of the athramite staff if needed, that accomodates itself to the required standardized look of the legion of superheroes."

as much as i like the super-duds (on superman), it's hardly the standardized look of the legion. he probably figures he can get away with it since he's just an honorary legionnarie.

and he's not the only one liberally obeying this. <cough>umbra<cough>

it was the ether that knocked her out cold.
#16518 12/03/03 09:04 AM
I also think that the super-suit doesn't fit in with the current costumes of the other Legionnaires.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#16519 12/03/03 09:44 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I thought Alex Ross had a pretty good Superboy costume in Kingdoem Come that fit the Legion mode -- it was basically blue with the red Legion stripe down the middle and the S logo on the chest and the cape kidna flowing from the red center stripe when it reaches the shoulders (didn't like Ross' addition of a ponytail though -- ick).

#16520 12/03/03 10:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
[Linked Image]

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#16521 12/03/03 10:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I dunno... they kinda look like super jammies... laugh

#16522 12/03/03 10:36 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Thanks Cru - I was looking for that. Anyone got a copy of the pic where Ferro gives Kon that costume in the present day?

[And I agree about the ponytail bit - eck]

I like Kon's first couple of costumes better, I think (leather jacket aside), but that design is head, shoulders, waist and knees above his two latest costumes...

#16523 12/03/03 03:29 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
One very quick colour (& haircut smile ) later:

[Linked Image]

[I'm 99.9% certain the sleeve sides were meant to be red, not black, but there was too much red in there already - I just preferred it this way smile ]

#16524 12/03/03 09:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
For the record, you're right -- in "KC", he had red stripes on the arms. And I agree with you though that that's a little too much red (though you picked a particularly bright red there cool )

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,800
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
veryvery
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Reboot
Reboot
The Mainframe
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star