Roll Call
0 members (), 23 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/29/24 03:38 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
My DC SF Worlds Legion
#100498 08/27/11 09:12 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
I have had on my mind for some time an alternate Legion based on ’60’s DC science fiction.
This might be the core of the mysterious Tempus Knights of the 41st century, a new Legion of Super-Villains, or a set of recruits or opponents for L.E.G.I.O.N.

Source: Ultra, the Multi-Alien
Ultra is composed of four alien races.

[Linked Image]

(1) Ulla is a planet of owl-headed, orange-feathered humanoids with tiny wings on their ankles which allow them to fly unaided through space, a kind of Dawnstar analogue, only without the tracking ability.

(2) The inhabitants of the planet Laroo are diminutive, blue-skinned, bald-headed, pointy-eared aliens with the magnetic abilities, somewhat similar to Braaliens.

(3) Trago is home to a race that has the appearance of living lightning, and displays the powers of Lightning Lad, Lightning Lass, Lightning Lord, and very possibly Jonni Thunder.

(4) Raagaar is the homeworld of a race of large, shaggy, green-furred, intimidating-looking beasts with super-strength and enhanced agility, much like Timber Wolf. However, they are apparently also the most intelligent of the four races, and display super-technological abilities. Think Timber Wolf with Gear's personality.

These four worlds orbit a common, unnamed star. I see four teen-agers from these worlds- a lightning-caster, a magnetism-controller, a super-strong super-athlete, and a flying character, as the four founders of this new Legion.

Source: The Justice League: the Tyrants of Antares

Like the Ultra group, Antares also has four worlds which have developed independent, intelligent life in the 20th century. (How the Antarean Proteans fit in is another question.)

[Linked Image]

(5) Kanjar Ro is ruler of Dhor, and on one occasion gained super-abilities three times as great as Superman’s when exposed to the triple sun of Rann. However, he seemed able to use only one triple-super-power at a time. I assume that all Dhorians would gain similar powers on other triple-sun worlds, such as Carggg or Zoon. A solar splitter of some kind might make those powers permanent, creating a kind of red-skinned, pointy-nosed Ultra Boy.

[Linked Image]

(6) Hyanthis was the ruler of Alstair, a world of plant-people with psychic control over plants. However, rather than being brown-and-green, Alstairan plant-life was orange-and-purple. More Floronic Man than Chlorophyll Kid.

[Linked Image]

(7) Kromm of Mosteel was a tin-plated dictator (or, at least, metal-skinned) who reminds me of Ferro Lad.

[Linked Image]

(8) Sayyar of Llar was a typical reptile-type alien overlord whose people apparently had the innate ability to control gravity, like Star Boy/Man, Light Lass, and Gravity Kid.

Source: Kryptonian-class heroes

(9) There were innumerable Superboy and Supergirl analogues through the years that could serve in the place of the Kryptonian cousins, Mon-El, and Andromeda. Some of my favorites were Skyboy, aka Tharn of Kormo; Chester (Hyperboy) King of Oceania; Luma Lynai, the Supergirl of Staryl; and in more recent years Vartox, Maxima, J’Emm, and Lobo. Understand that these individuals would not be joining this alternate Super-Hero Club per se, but new, teen-aged versions from their respective planets. Choose three or four.

Source: Miscellaneous Others:

(10) Grax of Exor was a blue-skinned, four-armed antagonist of both Brainiac, Superman, and the Super-Friends, who claimed a 20th-level intelligence. That intelligence was not always evident, (no one can be smarter than their writers) but I imagine a descendant from the distant future: codename Quadrexx-64. Possibly Hyperboy’s girlfriend, her force-shield belt is so advanced, it’s more like a combination force field / Star Trek replicator / Legion time bubble.

(11) Zook, the other-dimensional sidekick/pet of the Martian Manhunter gets no respect anymore. But maybe a teen-aged female member of the same race, with the combined powers of Polar Boy, Sun Boy, and Elastic Lad could draw some attention. They could draw some clothing on this one.

(12) Every team needs a transporter, and perhaps Kulan Dar of Julnar, the six-inch-tall Europium Man from the first issues of the Atom would fill the bill. Better yet, a teen-aged Julnari counterpart. Consumes Europium when she teleports.

(13) Hawkman and Hawkwoman once encountered the Wingors of Wingor, winged gorillas from another dimension who, like Dawnstar, Shikari, and Ultra, the Multi-Alien, had the power to fly through space naked.

(14) Green Arrow and Speedy once encountered the Xeen, a race of giants a kilometer high who lived in another dimension, similar to the giant children who played with the puppets on the Puppet Planetoid in the Legion comics. (Maybe it was the same race.) Specifically, they encountered “Xeen Arrow”. A teen Xeen, if provided with a way to temporarily reduce his size from time to time, might prove an asset to the team.

(15) My favorite choice for a magic-user would be a descendant of Myrwhydden, Green Lantern’s old nemesis, because I like to see magic preceded by doggerel.

(16) There is also the Spectre’s old nemesis Kulak, with three burning red eyes, a master sorcerer on his extra-dimensional homeworld of Brztal. A teen Kulak might be welcome in this Legion- or a Phantom Girl analogue, with more well-developed 4-dimensional powers.

Source: Legion Worlds

There are a few Legion worlds that could still provide interesting alien super-heroes. Or villains.

(17) Antares IV: Does anyone else notice that the Antareans, with shape-shifting and telepathic abilities, come perilously close to the Martian Manhunter’s power set? Give them telekinesis, and you’re there.

(18) The World of Weird Furry Bouncing Head-Things: not only do they bounce, but their mouths are large enough to hide a couple of human-sized sentients in. Bouncing Boy and Matter-Eater Lad combined?

(19) A Reptilian Shape-Shifter from Zyzan: Holographic invisibility! Super-disguise! An Invisible Kid / Chameleon Boy analogue! Well, the early Chameleon Boy, sort of. Codename: Ydobon

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Re: My DC SF Worlds Legion
#100499 08/27/11 10:09 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
This is pretty cool!

As I recall, there's all kinds of obscure one-shot characters in Strange Adventures that could be used for something like this!

#100500 08/27/11 11:47 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Yeah, most of the Strange Adventures aliens I can recall were either (a) gorillas (b) big, scary monsters which were essentially gorillas.

If I could find one or two that were really outstanding, I could use them as alternates for Blok or Monstress.

(And by "outstanding", I mean like the Saturnians in Thor- I have pretty low standards)

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
#100501 08/27/11 02:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hyanthis is really cool despite being a bit obscure. I was going to use her in a project that was ultimately side-lined. I know Legion has a no powers from external source thing, but I have always liked Tomar-Re (Xudarian).

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#100502 08/27/11 02:45 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
This list might be useful to cherry pick aliens for this sort of Legion.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#100503 08/27/11 09:37 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I've thought of using the name Strange Adventurers for a team title using DC's 21st century alien characters, with Adam Strange as the leader of the group.

I tried to rip their soul out.I tried to make them forget Superman.
But they won't.
#100504 08/29/11 07:45 AM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
These guys could probably make an SF Legion all by themselves- however, I know absolutely nothing of the story, the characters, or their homeworlds.

The book lists for $1500 on Overstreet, so I don't think I'll be buying a copy any time soon.

[Linked Image]

#100505 08/29/11 08:37 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Apparently, Captain Comet tangled with Bgztlrs a couple of times:
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

And here is a villainous Legion of Super-Pets!
[Linked Image]

#100506 08/29/11 09:07 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Earthling fool! lol Love it.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#100507 08/29/11 09:12 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Note the "bouncing alien beast" trope, almost as prevalent as the "alien creature who can eat any form of matter" trope!

#100508 08/30/11 07:10 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
[Linked Image]

BIZARRO WORLD IN 1954!

(When Bizarro himself did not appear until 1958.)

I would pay some serious money for TBPs of Mystery in Space, House of Mystery, Strange Adventures, or Tales of the Unexpected.

In this computer age, do you think DC might be able to to one-off TBP compilations?

The jaw-droppingly poor quality of writing is on a par with R.L. Stine, and you know how much I love him.

Oh, wait, no, you don't.

#100509 08/30/11 08:05 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
If you haven't seen it, you should check out the Showcase Presents: Strange Adventures volume!

Particularly groovy for Legion fans, as many of the stories were written by Ed Hamilton!

#100510 09/03/11 12:39 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Okay, I know everyone already knows this, but let me refresh your memory of:
THE TRAGIC STORY OF ZOOK
An unnamed planet in an unnamed dimension: two alien criminals travel through a “space-warp” to create havoc on Earth.

[Linked Image]

Note that they have powers similar to Quake Kid. As the Martian Manhunter opposes them, he is aided by R’Ell, a lawman from the same unnamed planet in that unnamed dimension. He does name the fourth creature to come through the “space-warp”—a little “animal” he calls a “zook”.

[Linked Image]

This “little animal” is able to speak a kind of pidgin English, as well as read and write. So I guess that Earthlings- and perhaps Martians- are “animals” to R’Ell’s people.
The Martian Manhunter adopts the little alien as a “pet”, and names him “Zook”, which is kind of like getting a dog, and naming him “Dog”.
Zooks have the ability to change the temperature of their bodies, mimicking
Sun Boy and Polar Boy’s powers. In fact, they are able to make their bodies colder than physically possible:

[Linked Image]

For those of you who don’t know, absolute zero is -460F, at which all molecular motion stops. Apparently, it is at least 9,500 degrees lower than that in the zook’s dimension.
Zook is also able to stretch his body, sort of like Elastic Lad, and has a “tracking sense” similar to Dawnstar.

[Linked Image]

The special senses his antennae gave him also made it possible for him to recognize the Martian Manhunter no matter what physical form he took.

Zook no longer exists in the DC universe. I believe the reasons are:

a. He - or it is too cutesy. Looks like a 4-year-old child on Halloween.
b. Talks baby-talk. Too cutesy times two.
c. It’s too powerful. J’Onn J’Onzz has enough powers to keep track of without adding a sidekick with even more.
d. Keeping an obviously intelligent, self-aware being as a pet is just too creepy-weird.
e. Zook is always naked.
f. J’Onn J’Onzz and Zook had a relationship could be read as maybe a little inappropriate. Although speculation about Zook-Martian physiology is a little iffy.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The reason that Zook looked like a four-year-old may have been that he was a four-year-old.

So here is a Hero Machine of an adult, female zook.

[Linked Image]

#100511 09/03/11 02:38 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
R'ell and the 'vibro-aliens' are funky.

Zook, on the other hand, needs to wear some clothes. Yikes!

10,000 degrees below zero? Huh. My first thought was that maybe he meant something other than Fahrenheit, but that doesn't work in *any* temperature measurement system!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Klar Ken T5477 #925954 04/15/17 01:33 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Well, I have finally finished this list / idea.

Sometime between the thirtieth and forty-first centuries, another, more alien Legion is formed.

This is Hyper-Boy's Legion:

[Linked Image from 68.media.tumblr.com]

Hyper-Boy's Legion (Left to Right, Top to Bottom)
01 Polaris of Laroo *
02 Lilith of Uwilla *
03 Electra of Trago *
04 Gath of Raagar *
05 Eisenhans of Mosteel *
06 Gravitas of Llorn *
07 Treehair of Alstair *
08 Tri-Solar Boy of Dhor *
09 Hyper-Boy (Chester King) of Oceania (Zoron) *
10 Hyper-Girl (Leah King) of Oceania (½ Zoronian) *
11 Anomallo of Oceania *
12 Yin Lumai, the Supergirl of Staryl *
13 Quadrexx-64 of Exxor *
14 Bounder of Fomalhaut 4 *
15 Brobdingnab of Xeen *
16 Gaziyth of Stoneworld *
17 Gemma of New Bokk *
18 Balthazar of Brztal *
19 Myrwhyddensen *
20 Mifletzet *
21 Transmattina of Julnar (Europium Girl) *
22 Wingor of Wingor *
23 Xorpio of Antares IV *
24 Ydobon of Zyzan *

*1-4: Polaris, Lilith, Electra, and Gath are natives of the worlds which made up the original Ultra, the Multi-Alien (Ace Arn). Analogs of Cosmic Boy, Dawnstar, Lightning Lass, and Timber Wolf, respectively. (Note that while some Uwillans are orange-feathered, Lilith is indigo-feathered)

*5-8: Eisenhans, Gravitas, Treehair, Tri-Solar Boy are natives of the worlds which first appeared in Justice League of America #3. Analogs of Ferro Lad, Star Boy / Light Lass, Chlorophyll Kid, and Ultra Boy, respectively.

Tri-Solar Boy, like Kanjar Ro, has natural kryptonian-like super-powers under a world with a triple sun, such as Rann, Carggg, or Zoon. Kanjar Ro once boasted that his powers were three times as great as those of the Silver-Age Superman. Tri-Solar Boy also wears a vest of futuristic technology which concentrates starlight, giving him his tri-solar powers artificially.

The eight worlds mentioned above have all been said to orbit the star Antares.

*O9: Hyper-Boy first appeared in Action Comics #265. He is fated for an early demise. Analog of Superboy.

*1O: Hyper-Girl: Leah King is the daughter of Chester (Hyper-Man) King and Lydia Long. Analog of Supergirl.
Half-Oceanian and Half-Zoronian, her powers are not as great as her father's, but still pretty amazing. Ironically, while she will know her father as a teen-ager in the distant future, she never knew him in the present. He died several months before she was born.

*11: Anomallo, my analog of Mon-El, is an imperfect duplicate of Hyper-Boy, composed of non-living matter. The gold and garnet colors in his costume are reversed.
Unlike the adult Bizarro created by Luthor, Anomallo's mind is less irrational, and more child-like. He does suffer from hyper-teen-aged-angst. Faced with similar situations, Hyper-Boy is more empathetic than Kal-El, and brings Anomallo into the future, where his unusual appearance merely blends in with the various varieties of exo-planetary life-forms extant there. His voice is kindly and gentle. (Go back and re-read Superboy #68 if you don't believe me.)

Full-on, adult Anomallo:

*12: Yin Lumai, the "Supergirl of Staryl", also known as the "Planetary Champion of Staryl", or simply "Staryl" is a descendant of Luma Lynai, who made her first appearance in Action Comics #289. Analog of Laurel Gand / Andromeda.

*13: Quadrexx-64 is from the same world and species as Grax. Claiming 2Oth-level intelligence, he is an analog of Brainiac-5.

*14: Bounder: Another one of those weird bouncy-things befriended by the Silver Age Kara Zor-El. Analog of both Bouncing Boy and Matter-Eater Lad. Never understood why one of these creatures never made it into the Legion of Super-Pets, at least.

*15: Brobdingnab of Xeen. On the uninhabited Puppet Planetoid, alien giants from another dimension allowed their children to entertain themselves with marionnettes a hundred feet tall. In Adventure Comics #253, Green Arrow and Speedy travel to the planet Xeen in Dimension Zero, and meet aliens at least a kilometer tall, including Xeen Arrow. These two alien races are, in fact, one and the same. He uses Palmer radiation to reduce himself to a tiny size: two meters tall, or so. Analog of Colossal Boy.

*16: Gaziyth of Stoneword: One of the Pumice People, from whom the Green Lantern Aa hails. Analog of Blok.

*17: Gemma of New Bokk. One of the Red Saturnians. Analog of Saturn Girl.

*18: Balthazar. Native to the other-dimensional world of Brztal, homeworld of the High Priest Kulak, a long-time nemesis of the Spectre. Although he has three eyes, just as Kulak, he does not share his mystical abilities. Rather, he has dimension-shifting powers like Bgztlrs.
For certain reasons, he wishes to conceal his identity and race from most others. He thus wears a plain black mask and body-suit
Analog of Phantom Girl.

Here is the High Priest Kulak, if you don't remember him:

*19: Myrwhyddensen. Descendant of the Wizard Myrwhydden, long-time enemy of the Green Lantern Abin Sur, and a green energy construct from the World Inside The Power Ring. Analog of the White Witch.

*20: Mifletzet. (pronounced miff-lett-zett) A demon from Hell formerly known as The Beast with No Name, Massachusetts, Spot, and more recently, Miffle and Miffle Zed. Magical strength and durability.
Note that his fur color can range from purple to lavender to magenta to fuchsia to orange to reddish-brown, depending on his feelings? The weather? Personal hygiene? Something else else. Analog of Monstress.

*21: Transmattina of Julnar. Real name: Alma Nakk. Like all her people, she metabolizes europium, which gives her teleportative ability, on the order of parsecs. Her costume is identical to that worn by Kulan Dar in Showcase #34. Analog of Gates.

*22: Wingor of the Wingors of the other-dimensional world of Wingor, a planet of flying, winged gorilla warriors. Also known among her people as Aurora. The Wingors have had contact with Thanagarians and Ranagarians in the past. Analog of Shikari.

*23: Xorpio is from a ninth world orbiting the star Antares, also known as Alpha Scorpii. A shape-shifter like all of its people, it is also a telepath. In addition, it has also developed telekinetic abilities. (Not all Proteans are the same!) Analog of Chameleon Boy and Tellus.

*24. Ydobon is from Zyzan, a world of shape-shifting lizard-people. He has internalized the holographic projection technologies of his people, allowing him to assume the appearance, although not the form, of any similar-sized individual. Or, to simply assume the appearance of empty space. From a desert world, he is especially vulnerable to intense cold. His powers are analogous to Invisible Kid, and, to a certain extent, Chameleon Boy and Princess Projectra.

Klar Ken T5477 #925965 04/15/17 02:06 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
I love this, Klar! Especially that you gave Abin Sur's wizard enemy a heroic female descendant! I fondly remember the wizard's battle with Hal Jordan in one of the early-80s GL issues by Mike W. Barr & Keith Pollard.

Looking forward to more.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Klar Ken T5477 #1006464 09/01/21 02:11 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Date: July 5th, 1951

An iridescent sphere momentarily shimmers into existence, then vanishes, leaving four strange, mostly humanoid, beings standing in an empty field.

Chester King is walking around Littletown. From nowhere, a glowing, golden alien, like a flash of living lightning appears, calling him ?Hyper-Boy.? Chester goes home and freaks out to his foster-parents that someone knows his secret identity.

Chester then goes out on patrol as Hyper-Boy. A small, blue-skinned alien calls Hyper-Boy "Chester King" in passing.

Later, a black-and-violet-feathered owl-girl flies up, and tells Hyper-Boy to say hi to his parents, Dad and Mom King.

Back at the King home, a tall, green-furred alien again calls Chester King "Hyper-Boy".

Hyper-Boy is totally freaking out. The four aliens gather, and reveal that they are young superheroes from worlds orbiting Antares, but from thirty years in the future, and were just playing games with Hyper-Boy.

Their names are, respectively, Electra of Trago, Polaris of Laroo, Lilith of Uwilla, and Gath of Raagar.

They explain that they will be around for a little while, should he need their help.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 09/01/21 02:12 PM.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006465 09/01/21 02:12 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
A few days later, Hyper-Boy is about to save a crashing airplane. Suddenly, Polaris appears on the scene and uses his magnetic powers to safely land the plane. Hyper-Boy says that it is great to see Polaris again. Polaris flies off without acknowledging him. A few onlookers mock Hyper-Boy and claim that he is jealous of a rival super-hero doing his job better than him.

Later, Hyper-Boy is about to stop a malfunctioning robot. Suddenly, Electra appears and shuts down the robot with a bolt of lightning. Hyper-Boy congratulates Electra on her work stopping the robot. Electra ignores Hyper-Boy and flies off.

An old satellite is crashing toward Oceania. Hyper-Boy flies up and attempts to grab the old satellite and safely dispose of it. However, Lilith appears and flies the satellite back up into space, restoring it to its old orbit. Hyper-Boy questions why she has taken so much trouble to replace a non-working satellite. Lilith just flies off.

Still later, Hyper-Boy is about to rescue a police detective from a criminal. Suddenly, Gath arrives, and as bullets bounce off him, takes away the criminal?s gun. Hyper-Boy congratulates Hyper-Boy on his job stopping the criminal. Saturn Girl tells Gath slowly rises into the air, and flies off. Some onlookers again mock Hyper-Boy, and say that these new super-heroes are better than him.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006466 09/01/21 02:13 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
That evening, at the King home, Mom King tells Chester they will have some special guests for dinner. Chester is surprised to discover that it is the four alien super-heroes.

Lilith the Owl-Girl explains that they wanted to prove that they are experienced, competent super-heroes. But she acknowledges that Hyper-Boy could have easily accomplished all of these super-feats in the ordinary day-to-day performance of his duties. She invites Hyper-Boy to accompany them on their return, thirty years into the future. She tells him they need his powers to assist them in their work as members of the League of Champions.

Chester wonders how Littletown and Oceania will fare without Hyper-Boy. Lilith explains that even if he remains in the future for several years, they can return him to Littletown only a moment after he leaves.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006467 09/01/21 02:14 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Arriving in the year 1981 on the planet Raagar, the next members of the League of Champions that Hyper-Boy is introduced to are Eisenhans, Gravitas, Treehair, and Tri-Solar Boy.

They explain that the double star system of Antares (Antares A is a red super-giant, Antares B is a blue-white dwarf star) is home to a dozen different worlds. Many of these worlds have been at war with one another for centuries. The original eight members of the League of Champions were selected to be ambassadors of sorts, showing that these worlds can work together. This was only possible after the despots who ruled these worlds were deposed. The work continues as the League of Champions strives to maintain the fragile peace.

He is next introduced to Quadrexx-64 of Exxor. A 2Oth-level intellect who seldom leaves his laboratory, he is responsible for the creation of Tri-Solar Boy'S power vest, and the nth-metal flight-bracelets which give the Champions the power of flight. He also displays his Monitor Screens, which show Balthazar, Bounder, Brobdingnab, Gaziyth, Gemma, Mifletzet, Myrwhyddensen, Transmattina, Wingor, Xooki, Xorpio, and Ydobon away on missions on the Antarean worlds, and across the Galaxy.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 09/01/21 02:14 PM.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006468 09/01/21 02:15 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Hyper-Boy is introduced to Hyper-Girl and Yin Lumai, and the three are sent on a mission to the Antarean world of Omeron, which is threatened by hordes of fire-breathing dragon-like creatures who have mysteriously appeared on its surface.

After a short time fighting beside the Omeroni armies, the three heroes discover that the dragons are actually also native to Omeron, but have lived in deep underground caverns for centuries. Recent experiments by the surface-dwellers in geothermal energy production have disturbed their habitat. Having learned the dragon's language, they broker a truce between the surface-dwellers and the underground dragons.

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 09/01/21 02:15 PM.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006469 09/01/21 02:16 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Back at the LOCHQ on Raagar, Hyper-Boy questions Hyper-Girl about her origins.

He discovers that she is Leah King, the daughter of himself and Lydia Long. (Whom Chester has not yet encountered) She migrated from Oceania to join the League of Champions in their quest.

Hyper-Boy questions why the LOC did not recruit Hyper-Man himself, as he realizes he should only be in his mid-forties by this time.

Leah explains that her father both lost his powers, and died before she was born-- the victim of a super-powered villain, Kal-El of Krypton, who impersonated a hero, and came to Oceania at Hyper-Man's invitation. Yin Lumai adds that her mother, Luma Lynai, also met this Kryptonian, whose homeworld was destroyed, and now lives on the planet Terra, a world of endless wars, with an environment poisonous to her people.

Hyper-Boy responds that he will simply not contact this "Kal-El" in the future.

Overhearing their conversation, Quadrexx-64 interrupts. If Hyper-Man never loses his powers, he will most likely never marry, and Hyper-Girl will never exist.

It is decided that Leah and Yin will use their "super-hypnosis", with the assistance of the Bokkite Gemma, to remove Hyper-Boy's memories of the future, and then return him to his own time.

As they wait for Gemma to return from her current mission, Hyper-Boy has an idea.

"A scientist on Oceania once invented a 'duplicating ray', and made a copy of me. This strange anomaly-- who called itself 'Anomallo'-- was a less-than-perfect duplicate. While possessing all my powers, he appeared, to the people of Oceania, a hideous monster, looking something like a petrified zombie. People fled from him in terror, even when he was only trying to help...
"Anomallo was actually child-like and gentle in nature, if perhaps neuro-atypical. He injured himself when he destroyed the duplicating machine, wishing that no more of his kind could0 be created.
"I preserved his injured body in suspended animation in my undersea Fortress of Secrecy. I presume he is still there. I would imagine that Quadrexx-64, with his twentieth-level scientific intelligence, could heal him, and he might become a valuable member of your team."

Last edited by Klar Ken T5477; 09/01/21 02:20 PM.

Klar Ken T5477 #1006470 09/01/21 02:20 PM
K
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
K
Anomallo did become a valuable member of the team, as did Hyper-Boy, who remained in the future for more than two years before returning to his own time.
After all, he was able to return to Littletown only a moment after he left.

FIN

Klar Ken T5477 #1006481 09/01/21 03:04 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Nice, I really like it, Klar. taking some inspiration and paying homage to some classic Legion stories and other concepts (Bizarro, Kal-El) but in your own twist. very nice!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,307
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
KidMarvel (Bunny)
KidMarvel (Bunny)
Newcastle Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star