Roll Call
1 members (Lard Lad), 26 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:33 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:30 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/24/24 09:11 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11
"Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
#109078 09/15/06 11:33 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
NOTE - for those that would like to editoralize, or converse with other LMB authors about plot developments and where they would like subplots and stories to go, Critic\'s Corner is available. It also is useful for comments on various posts and stories.

A. The Office of Security

Jailbait Lass rushed past Matlock’s office, noting that his own administrative assistant, Bonita Bundin, now had to actually carry him around the room and change his diaper in between conference calls and security strategies he was setting up. With Abin Quank in orbit cleaning up the debris left over from the war, and Cobalt Kid in space pushing his army into the Dark Oval’s territory, Matlock was effectively the acting security chief on Legion World, stuck in the body of an infant or not.

The only other high-ranking officer was her best friend Britney, known as Everyday Girl, who she hadn’t talked to in days. But that was all well and good, because she had to deliver this package immediately. Lolita ran across the halls, not noticing the young interns taking a look at her slender and young figure (which she had grown to be very annoyed at).

“Stoopid Cat!” she burst in to the cats office, “Cobalt said give this to you ASAP…” she noticed he was nowhere to be found. That was odd. Cobalt had said Stoopid Cat would be hear this exact time. Actually, this exact minute of this exact day. What had gone wrong? He must be running late, so she decided to wait.

Hours passed. Stoopid Cat was nowhere to be found. And in her hands was a package of immense importance to the political future of the entire universe…

B. The Gate to Earth-4

Rockhopper Lad gave Rockhopper Lass a tight hug. He was actually really going to miss her. Funny, how she was from another Earth, felt so much like his beloved sister Adelie. Inter-Earth travel mattered little: she was his sister.

“Travel safe Adelie,” he said, having already said everything to her in private.

“You too,” she said back with look of concern, but tempered with a smile.

Faraway Lad coughed in the background with his own smile. He was there, because after all, only the Faraway Lad’s of each Earth could effectively transport people from Earth to Earth. “Whenever you’re ready my dear,” he said with a slight bow of the head.

With that, she stepped back, and Faraway used his powers, concentrating as best he could. Things began to hum in and out of existence, when suddenly, a large sonic boom went off above them—something unexpected! Faraway and Rockhopper were knocked backwards off their feet and looked up to the sky, where it came from. Nothing. Whatever it was that blasted them back was gone.

“Are you okay?” said Faraway, dusting himself off.

“Yes, you?” Faraway nodded. “Adelie! What happened? Did she make it back to Earth-4?”

“I…I’m not sure…” Faraway responded…

C. The Streets of Legion World

Helena Handbasket felt like an outsider more than ever. Her men continued to work, helping the relief effort, while she took charge with an amazing veracity that ensured the clean-up was moving fast and efficient. But besides her men, she couldn’t help but feel incredibly guilty on Legion World, feeling that the ordinary citizens neither trusted or liked her. How could she have been so mislead?

“Poor woman,” said Quislet, Esq., who was walking by to Kent Shakespeare, the deputy leader of the LMB. “She defended Legion World with amazing heroism, and stood up to the Dark Oval. Even now she’s doing all she can to make amends. But the guilt she feels…”

“I guess it’ll all depend on these next few weeks for her,” replied Kent. “I wonder…will she fit in like many have in the past,” he continued, remembering the Emerald Empress, “or will never really be able to find her place?” he finished, thinking of the Royal Inquisitor. He suddenly realized who he was talking to and was glad he did not mention the Inquisitor by name. After all, Quis hadn’t seen his fiancé since the Invasion forces freed him from Takron-Galtos.

Helena continued to move through the rubble, glad to see that at least progress was ahead of schedule.

“Excuse me, ma’am,” said a young girl. This was Sarah, the counter girl at Café Cramer. “Ms. Cramer knows you like your coffee with cream and no sugar, and wanted me to give this to you. Thanks for all your hard work.” As Sarah walked away, Helena felt good for the first time in a long time. Even the thoughts of her new mechanical arm (she had lost her arm in the Invasion) were suddenly gone for a brief second. She sipped the coffee and then noticed a piece of paper was wrapped around it underneath the napkin.

On it read the following: “Long live the Sun-Eaters. Long die the suns

Her eyes went very large and she looked for Sarah again, but couldn’t see her. The Black Sun? On Legion World? She choked back her coffee…

And so it begins! I hope we can have some fun with a tag thread! Pick up one of these stories or start your own! Lets get started and see where this takes us smile

click to enlarge

Re: "Omnia mutantur nos et mutamur in illis" - 52 days after INVASION
#109079 09/15/06 12:24 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The Gate to Earth-4

"You're not sure?" The penguin prince shook his head. "Is she all right, Faraway? Can you find her?"

"Rockhopper Lad, I'm sorry," Farway put a hand on Rockhopper's shoulder. "I'm sure she's fine. I'm just not sure where she is. The--whatever that was--knocked me out at just the wrong time."

Rockhopper Lad, still hurting from the recent death of Openly Gay Lad, began to cry, "O Dywh, please let Adelie be all right."

Elsewhere on Legion World, Rockhopper Lass appears. "Where am I?"

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#109080 09/15/06 02:28 PM
strange but not a stranger
Legion World Detention Center

Quislet, Esq. approaches. There is evidence of some damage to the building, but it has remained standing and intact. As always, Quislet, Esq. goes to the warden's office first.

"Good morning Warden! It seems like you weathered the invasion very well. I hear that no prisoners escaped in the chaos."

"Ah Quis! Good to see you! We did have a little trouble. The Red Bee tried to stir up the other prisoners. Get them to break out. But Roy stood up and gave a very inspiring speech about how much Legion World means to all of us and how they could never enjoy Legion World again if they were constantly worried about recapture. Then he gave a roundhouse knockout to the Red Bee. A few Dark Oval soldiers came in, but Roy helped my men deal with them."

The warden and Quislet, Esq. walked to the visitors area. Waiting there was the Royal Inquisitor. "QUIS!!!!" The large prisoner rushed up, grabbed Quislet, Esq. in his arms and twirled around. "I was so worried that you had been hurt."

The Streets of Legion World

Former Commander now just plain Helena Handbasket was in a quandry. The Black Sun was a serious threat. But this scrap of paper only told her that the Black Sun was here. Being new to Legion World, Helena would need some help in finding out just how serious a threat to Legion World this was. She also knew how deeply the Black Sun could infiltrate. Who could she trust her on this strange new world? Although the sun was shining warmly, Helena shivered a little.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#109081 09/15/06 03:29 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Streets of Legion World

On the steps of the Supper Club Tamper Lad confronted the accountant, lawyer and press representatives of the Stage Actor's Guild. Collectively these three were known by their last names of "Dewey, Cheetham and Howe".

Sorry Gentlemen the club has no money to pay for the 'Comedy Stylings of Thora' because we had no revenue during the Invasion. I believe a certain Barbarian was responsible for that. Thora should take it up with him. Now excuse me I do believe that I have to file a report about my war losses to the Insurance Bureau here. And then I'm off to watch Nova Girl at Quislet's Table for some announcement about all the space orphans left from the recent invasion.

#109082 09/15/06 04:30 PM
Leader
Leader
Meanwhile, elsewhere...

Lucien Lad steepled his fingers and looked at the monitor screens in front of him. His absence during the Invasion had been conspicuous, but it had been unavoidable. Recent events had meant that he'd had to take a step back and reassess his role on Legion World. Since the events of the Gay of Vengence his powers has been fluctuating, changing and warping things. Most of the Legion Worlders hadn't noticed that for three days a week ago it had actually been July 1853 before Lucien Lad had noticed what he was doing (he'd been busy redesigning Jupiter at the time). But if what he had been told was true then he needed to take a step back so that when the time came he would be ready. He needed to control the urge to go evil if someone annoyed him (currently sparrows, mobile communicator devices and teh colour pink were liable to throw him right to the edge of evil supergenius-hood) or he wouldn't be ready.

He turned to the person sat next to him in the shady monitor room.

"You're sure?" he asked.

"Very sure," said the other LMBPer, "I asked you to not get involved in the Invasion for a reason. I was needed myself but it wasn't the time for you. That's coming, and soon. Legion World had to live without you for 52 days for a reason. Believe me, what I've told you will come about soon enough."

Lucien Lad frowned, then stopped quickly in case he caused any needless wrinkles, and turned back to the screens. So far everything he'd been told had been true and if he couldn't trust his friend then who could he trust? It didn't mean he had to like it though...

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#109083 09/15/06 10:32 PM
L
Time Trapper
Online Content
Time Trapper
L
LW Underworld

A female figure entered the Hootchie Hut for a clandestine meeting. Since the Invasion, this area of Legion World had become a haven for the homeless. Busy as it's been with rebuilding after the war, the Security Office had been so shorthanded and overextended that this area, known as Old Town, had very quickly become a nest for the criminal element.

In the woman's hands she grasped an Omnicom. Checking to make sure the agreed-upon table in the darkest corner was available and that no one observed her, she took a seat.

hmmm...he's not here yet. Typical. she thought.

She then took out the Omnicom and studied the holo-announcement it was set on for, what seemed like, the thousandth time. The announcement in the Legion World Enquisitor said, "Lard Lad and Whordru of Rudlab to Marry!"

The woman put her hand to her forehead, thinking, I can't believing that murdering, whoremongering filth is having a high-profile wedding! He should be rotting in Takron-Galtos Prison for all he's done! I still can't believe that idiot Space ranger exonerated him of all charges...and now he's marrying that...that evil bitch! I swear to God I'll--Oh!!

"Good evening, my dear. How do you do?"

She looked at the cloaked man and said, "about time you got here!" Then she pointed at the holo-announcement and says, "I'm mad as hell is how I am! Look at this!"

"Yes, yes my dear...but it will make our revenge that much sweeter!"

"So, how soon 'til we kill them?" she practically growled.

"Now, now, dear Hummer Lass," he assured her, "what better day than their wedding day?"

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#109084 09/15/06 11:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quislet's Table

Nova Girl stepped down from the lectern as the Ken Clarkson of the Daily World newspaper scribbled down the notes on the announcement concerning the construction of a new home for the Legion World children orphaned during the invasion. Tamper sat next to the bespectacled reporter with a bemused look upon his face.

"Bah Clarkson, I can't believe that the Barbarian gave my war profits to Nova Girl of all people. What does she know about nurturing orphans? Why she wont even pimp them out to work long hours in the Legion World sweatshop district."

"Gee Mr. Tamper she's been really spreading the wealth these past few weeks. First the Medical Center and then the Schools, the kitten shelter, now the Orphanage and the Retirement Home."

Tamper's face soured as as he thought of his former capital wasted on social good.

"Bah. It's like she's running for election. She's up to something big. Something else else political is in the air."

Evil Genius Club, Grand Hall

Caliente watched as the preparations were being made for the fast-approaching Lard Lad/Whordru wedding. Invasion had damaged many of the establishments around Levitz Plaza and had left the Art Deco-styled Genius Club one of the few remaining places on LW that could host an event of such a size. Caliente fumed as Tamper was nowhere to be seen and problems piled up.

"I don't care if she has a valid argument, I want Thora's picket line removed from the front entrance before the ceremony. I can't believe Tamper allowed the wedding to be hosted here. Everyone knows that LW weddings cause only mayhem and destruction."

The clerk hurriedly ran off to complete Caliente's instructions so that he could go hang out with the coffee girl at Cramer's.

#109085 09/16/06 04:04 PM
Cafe Cramers

Sarah wiped the counter and smiled as an order for a double shot mocha espresso rang out. She made doe eyes at the young lad and he sneaked a quick kiss as she handed him his coffee. "Hey honeypot! It looks like I'll be working some overtime tonight at the Supper Club. Come by after 2 and I'll treat you to a fine dinner of leftovers!" "Now what kind of girl do you think I am - going to an Evil Genius' Club that late?" Come on Baby! We're young and you never know when the world will be invaded next." Looking at the line starting to form, Sarah replied "OK. But just to get rid of you. Now let me get to my customers."

Helena sipped her coffee as she observed the lovers banter. The young man turned in the doorway "Remember 2 o'clock!" Was it a waste of time to keep watch on Sarah. She might not have known about the note. She seemed like a typical young person. But then Helena noticed the cloaked figure following the young man. Clumsily too.

Stepping out of Cafe Cramers, Helena cut down the alley and doubled back down the street. She smiled at the young man as she passed him. The cloaked figure ducked into another alley. "Good" thought Helena. With 3 quick steps, Helena was at the alley and turned in. The cloaked figure was startled. Helena grabbed the figure, her robotic hand covering the figure's mouth, pushing the figure down and further into the alley.

"Let's see who you are!" Helena removed the hood. Underneath was the face of an older woman with stern features. "If you scream, I'll crush you head" said Helena squeezing a little tighter with her robotic hand before removing it from the woman's mouth. "Who are you and why were you following that boy?" The woman scowled and hissed "I am Winema Wazzo and you are interferring with MY investigation!"

Meanwhile - Elsewhere

Non Sequitor cleaned his room.

#109086 09/17/06 03:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
THE GATE TO EARTH 4

Hesitating a little and after a few false starts, Faraway Lad put his arm around Rockhopper in that slightly embarrassed yet very British way he has.

"Look RH I may not know where exactly Adelie is but I do know she got there safely. Its part of this Faraway thing I have. If there had been a problem at the other end I would have felt echoes of it here. What I do know is more worrying than that. Adelie has not returned to Earth 4."

Rockhopper looked up into Faraway face, tears ending and joy filling his face.
“but if she’s alright and if she is still here on Legion World then everything is fine” he said.

“no everything is most certainly not fine”said Far grimly “there is major trouble here, major trouble and we need to get hold of the Legion World scientists to help”

Rockhopper, still happy over the fact that his “sister” was alive continued

“But Faraway all we need to do find Adelie and then bring her back here and you can do that, you know faraway thing, and zip she’s back in her rightful dimension”

Faraway looked worried and Rockhopper Lad could see the concern in his eyes.

“that’s the problem Rocky, don’t you see. I couldn’t send Adelie back through the gate because the gate is not there anymore, its gone. that sonic boom has done something to the gate at the very least. Indeed for all I know the Entire Earth 4 universe is gone, I have also lost my connection that Dimensions Faraway Lad”

Faithfull
#109087 09/17/06 04:28 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The Gate to Earth-4

Rockhopper Lad shook his head, his crest-feathers flapping slightly. "The whole universe??? You mean the SMB--Infra-Red Lass, High-Density Kid and the rest--all just gone?"

Faraway sighed. "I don't know. That's why we need help."

In another part of Legion World...
Rockhopper Lass stumbled through the streets of this strange city. She didn't recognise anything. No buildings, no roads, no people, nothing looked familiar. She tried to remember something and she realised she didn't know her name. She also noticed something odd about the people around her. None of them had feathers, and all were wearing clothes. "What odd people these are!" she said.

From behind her she heard a young voice cry, "Look, Mommy, it's Rockhopper Lad." She turned around to see a boy and his mother. "Rockhopper Lad doesn't have a beard any more!" The boy exclaimed, as there are few physiological differences between Pyngwyn males and females and he just picked up on one.

"No, sweetie, this lady is from Rockhopper Lad's planet, but this isn't Rockhopper Lad." The mother said gently. "I'm so sorry, miss."

Rockhopper Lass looked at them and began to accept the woman's apology, but before she could get a word out, she collapsed on the ground.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#109088 09/18/06 10:11 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Streets of Legion World

Jailbait Lass hurried through the streets, but at the most leisurely pace she could fake. She did not want to appear rushed. It wouldn’t have mattered anyway, she realized, as most of Legion World’s streets seemed distracted by some sort of Taltarian picket line in front of the Evil Genius Supper Club and what appeared to be a wedding announcement. “LardLad and Whordru?” she giggled, “there’s no way that could be true. I wonder if Cobalt knows anything about this…” But before she could continue the thought, she realized that she needed to stay focused. No time to get distracted on the everyday gossip of Legion World.

“Lolita? What are you doing out here—not working I hope?” It was Dedman, one of the ranking security officers of Legion World that worked close with Cobalt Kid, which meant she knew him slightly. “Cobalt doesn’t have you working while he’s away does he?”

Jailbait Lass, being naturally shy around almost anyone other than Cobalt Kid or Everyday Girl smiled shyly. “I’m always working Deddy,” she said, which was indeed true. It was a matter of pride for her that she worked long hours with no vacations. Despite her unusual willingness to actually talk to people, she kept the package hidden in her chic black overcoat, which was a present from Cobalt on the previous Administrative Assistant’s Day. It also turned into silk black pajamas, but that was neither here nor there.

“Hm…” said Dedman, noticing all the ruckus in the streets. “I’m getting an odd feeling that I usually get when someone is about to tear me in half. Like there might be trouble on the horizon…after the invasion, things tend to get loud and rowdy on the streets in the evenings these days. I’ll make sure you’re okay on the way to where you’re going.”

Jailbait Lass nodded. Dedman’s presence actually comforted her a little. After all, she *knew* they were in actual danger. “Thank you Deddy,” she said. “I’m not going that far. In fact, the tent is a few streets over.”

“Tent?”

“Yes,” she replied. “You see, I’m going to one Cobalt’s most trusted advisors and friends. I’m going to Dr. Mayavale.”

#109089 09/18/06 10:15 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
-------------Interlude-----------

Having a blast so far! If anyone feels like discussing the story though, remember, there's always Critic\'s Corner to do so!

--------------End Interlude----------

#109090 09/18/06 11:03 AM
L
Time Trapper
Online Content
Time Trapper
L
LW Underworld

The meeting at the Hootchie Hut went on a little longer. Hummer Lass and her ally talked in general terms for a while longer about their plans but saved specifics for future encounters. They had nearly two months until the wedding and would need to learn more details about the wedding plans before they could plan out the asassinations.

Careful to avoid any possible tails, she eventually made her way back to her small apartment. Taped all over the walls were printed copies of holo-articles, all dealing somehow with Lard Lad. One article read, "Lard Lad Saves Legion World from Massive Dark Oval Nuclear Attack". One near that one read, "Candlelight Vigil Held for Dying War Hero". Nearby was, "Lard Lad Lives! Miraculous Recovery for War Hero".

A large article read, "Victory Celebration!" with a huge picture of LMBers at a victory parade, Lard Lad featured prominently in the center.

The biggest article of all read, "Lard Lad Exonerated! Space Ranger, formerly of Dark Oval Sector, provides indisputable proof that LMB founder was framed by Hrykosian-doctored vids!" A very small article hangs nearby that was buried near the back pages of the same edition titled, "Reboot calls exoneration a sham".

An entire section of the wall consists of dozens of Inquisitor articles dealing with gossip surrounding sightings of Lard Lad out and about with Whordru, complete with numerous candid photos.

A series of the most recent articles from the Legion World Herald focus on Lard Lad's push to have Whordru granted Legion World citizenship. The paper's guaging of public opinion shows that the overwhelming majority of the Legion World general populace supports his stance, based on his heroic status and her defending their world during the invasion at great personal cost. But the resistance of elements of Legion World leadership continually blocks her bid despite angry protests of its citizenship.

As she posts the most recent article, Hummer Lass skims it again. The highlighted quote is from Lard Lad: "I'm marrying Dru purely out of love. The fact that marrying a Legion World citizen guarantees her own citizenship is just icing on the cake!"

Hummer Lass stares at that article for a longtime and then slumps down into her cot. She mumbles to herself, "to think I threw myself at him...thought he was a good man...doing some evil tramp all along...make them pay..."

Then she falls off into a fitful sleep.

#109091 09/18/06 11:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Offices of Daily World Newspaper

"What's the meaning of this Clarkson" said Nova Girl pointing at the editorial column of the evening edition of the paper.

The article finished with a flourish "So Legion Worlders though we face difficult work in rebuilding our economy, we must be wary of fly-by-night philanthropies that serve only to make us beholden to mistresses with mysterious intent."

From the content of the article Nova knew that the paper making an thinly veiled attack on her efforts.

"Well miss Nova, you're reading too much into this" said the meek Ken Clarkson shrinking into his chair.

"I don't know what this is Clarkson but everyone knows that this paper is just a front for those arms trading millitarists that meet at the Supper Club think tank."

Clarkson was stung by the accusation the World was known as a propenent of free enterprise but ever since the exposure of the Talarian slavery ring operating from their embassy it had enjoyed a great for its investigative journalism.

Nova Girl walked out muttering curses about reforming laws on transparency in media ownership.

Legion World Sweatshop District: Some time Later

"Ohmygod, where are you stoopid?"

Everyday Girl glanced up at the advertising boards which were displaying photos of the missing Stoopid Cat, when there was a flash of light.

"OHMYGOD" she said as the Print Works which printed all newspapers and magazines including EDG's favorite series 'DragonMon Digital Card Legion ZZX' disappeared in a flash of light.

#109092 09/18/06 02:30 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Dr. Mayavale’s Mediation Tent

The Wheezing mists of lalakoolaza whirled around Jailbait Lass and Dedman, and neither could help but inhale them. They smelt very natural and despite the smokiness of it, the sensation was highly enjoyable. Jailbait Lass thought she smelt cookies for a second, while Dedman could have sworn it was pine or the outdoors during autumn. The sensation only increased.

“Cobalt told me about this place so many times”, thought Lolita, “but I still feel overwhelmed. How funny that Mayavale is such an import advisor to Cobalt…the majority of the LMB are almost completely unaware of that fact. Cobalt insists the good doctor is just a tad eccentric and actually very wise.”

Dedman saw a collection of old holo-vids casually tossed aside, most likely the result of some former patron of the Mediation Tent ‘forgetting’ they were there. He saw an update on the war with the Dark Oval. “How the war going Jailbait Lass?” he asked her. “You must have some inside information the rest of us don’t.”

Usually Jailbait Lass would go into her shell, as she usually did, when asked questions about such things. But she was feeling much more relaxed in the tent. “It goes very well. They’ve just about pushed the Dark Oval back, and are coming up with strategies to enter the Dark Oval. I’m worried about them though. Cobalt says Disaster Boy seems distant and traumatized, and Shark Lad and Hrun are in a rage. Even Cobie is angry like I’ve never seen…” Suddenly, she realized she was saying too much. She should not have spoken about her own fears regarding the invading forces.

“Ah child, it is alright to discuss your loved ones,” said a voice, “but loose lips sink ships! Which reminds me of the time my Gregor told my doctor he thought me mad. I had them both executed was forever after named Ivan the Terrible!” With that, Dr. Mayvale entered the room. His long arms seemed to move in such an odd way it was hypnotizing, even as one lift his hat above his afro and tipped it in there direction. “But I see you are talking about my dear friend Cobalt Kid, or as I once knew him in ancient times, Brutus! Now, what can I do for you.”

Dedman looked at Jailbait Lass wondering what exactly they were doing there. Now that she met Mayavale for the first time, she was wondering the same thing.

“I-I need your help Doctor,” she replied. “You are aware of the partnership of Hrun the Barbarian and Stoopid Cat, yes?”

Mayavale moved closer to her and she continued to be unnerved. He spoke in a calmer, softer voice. “Yes child, I am. Calm yourself now. Mayavale was there at its forming, in fact, it was here in this room. Hrun the Barbarian, the Tiger God Avatar, Cobaltus and myself. We made a sacred oath to protect Legion World and the Alt ID population, even if it included a bloody war with our enemies and even our allies!” Dedman looked horrified. “Or maybe that last part was added by me. Ten thousand lifetimes can often jumble the memory.”

“You are close enough to the truth,” said Jailbait Lass. “Stoopid Cat and Hrun work for the Security Office, that’s true. But the truth is they are Cobalt’s special agents in the field, often carrying out unsanctioned diplomatic and military efforts on his behalf for the security of the United Planets and Legion World. Even now, Hrun wages war on the Dark Oval at Cobalt’s behest. The fact that the United Planets granted them temporary control of United Planets fleets is convenient, but was not necessary to them. But that’s not why I’m here. I’m here because I was supposed to deliver something very important to Stoopid Cat…but I cannot find him.”

Dedman saw for the first time how terrified Jailbait Lass was. He put his arm on her shoulder to calm her down, but it seemed to make her more nervous.

“I see,” said Mayavale with an easy-going breath, as he inhaled an intriguing substance from a long pipe that had some sort of water bong on the end. He handed it to Jailbait Lass. “This, my dear, will allow you think clearer.”

She took with it some trepidation. “Do you know where Stoopid Cat can be found Doctor?” She smoked it and coughed. Dedman noticed a lovely tray of mushrooms near them. He took one.

“I do not,” Mayavale replied. “But you are in grave danger child. Even now, traitors and enemies close in on you.” Mayavale’s eyes seemed to glow red. Perhaps it was the odd lighting of the room. “Mayavale knows the story, but you do not know it all. You must learn it yourself. Take a mushroom as your ally did, and use it when the time is right. It will allow you to see where your eyes cannot.” And suddenly, Mayavale closed his eyes, and fell quickly asleep.

Dedman looked at her strangely. She was calmer, but Mayavale’s proximity kept her ill at ease. She looked at the package that she had hidden so well so far. Inside was a metal canister, which from first glance, had no possible way that it could be opened. On it read in black magic marker “Stoopid Cat’s Alt ID files” in Cobalt Kid’s hand-writing. But underneath, she could clearly see, was writing indented into the metal that Cobalt Kid apparently wrote over. It was hard to make out, but she could read it: “Security File #247: World War VII”.

#109093 09/18/06 03:03 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The Psyonian Embassy

< The Royal Family stands within a communications room. Technicians move about them, intent on their work and trying not to intrude on the royals. It wasn't every day that the King and Queen of Psyonia appeared in their workplace, so it was hard not to be awestruck. >

[King Hrold]: Things go well with the reconstruction efforts, Daughter.

< They all look at the holographic images cycling before them > Well, with the Psyonian accounts reopened, the Legion World Bank is operating much more normally once again. The influx of funding has proven most beneficial.

[King Hrold]: Well, with things progressing so well here, your Mother and I have decided it's time to return home. Granted, we only sustained minimal amounts of damage from the Dark Oval, but still our people need us home.

< Crujectra hugged her parents tightly >

I'm going to miss you both. I'll never forget how you fought by our side during this ordeal.

[King Hrold]: You will never stand alone so long as we are alive, Daughter.

< King Hrold pressed a button on his belt, and suddenly the King and Queen of Psyonia shimmered and faded from sight as they teleported up to the Battlestar Galaxia >

[King Hrold telepathically]: Do not forget your mission, Children [/King Hrold telepathically]

[Spellbinder/The Crusader/Maxx the Sorcerer telepathically] We won't, Your Majesty. We will be keeping an eye on certain individuals here on Legion World [/Spellbinder/The Crusader/Maxx the Sorcerer telepathically]

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#109094 09/19/06 10:31 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Streets of Legion World

Tamper walked past the Mayavale's Mediation tent as the sweet scents of incense and more illicit aromatic substances wafted throught the air.

"Wait a minute, shouldn't be that be MEDITATION TENT?".

Either way he thought that he might partake of the good Doctor's services the next time he was in negotiations with the Stage Actors' Guild, Hrun, or Nova Girl who he remembered was quite succeptable to the giggles when inhaling the stuff he was wafting.

Surmising that Doc Mayavale had been in the tent a littling too long when he was making the sign for his establisment Tamper smirked revelled in the sight of hourly rate motels and 'massage parlours' in this sketchy part of town.

Strangely this morning there were no newspapers on the newstands this morning. In the distance in the industrial park Every Day Girl could be heard exclaiming.

"OHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGODOHMYGOD!
Some Oldie stole the printing company. Theres not gonna be any Digi Card Legion ZZX for months."

The security alert rang out and officers could be seen converging on EDG's position to investigate.

#109095 09/19/06 12:01 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Princess Crujectra Center

< The marquees above the main entrance advertise: "FREE ADMISSION TO ALL SHOWS FOR LEGION WORLDERS ALL THIS WEEK" >

In order to give a moment's reprieve to our beloved citizens who are struggling to overcome the property and emotional damage done to them during the Invasion, the Princess Crujectra Center is opening it's doors to all. These free shows feature the United Planets' most famous theatrical draws, including the family-friendly Cirque de Solaris.

There will be door prizes for all as well, including all expenses paid resort vacations for 100 lucky winners.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#109096 09/19/06 02:22 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
chocolatteOne of the first establishments created on Legion World, this small café specializes in chocolate treats, including the famous ‘chocolatte’. It is co-owned by long-time LMBers STU and Cobalt Kid, though neither has taken an active hand in running it for some time. Currently, Legion World’s last remaining Supergirl Robot is the café’s manager.

A hooded figure enjoyed sipping some chocolate delight that he had never encountered before. After all, they didn’t have this back where he was from. Indeed, many of these small and subtle wonders of Legion World could mesmerize an outsider for hours on end. What a strange and wonderful place this Legion World was here.

But that would be heretical to think that way. One must never accept the notion that enlightenment could be found here, among false prophets. No, one must accept that there could only be one source of truth, Sol Invictus. And all other suns must perish. Such was the way of the Black Sun.

The Dominion and the Hrykosians started something that now had to be finished. There was no turning back now, and things must be fixed properly…

#109097 09/19/06 02:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
THE LOVE SHACK

Jailbait Lass had sent her regrets that she would miss the biweekly meeting of the Matchmakers, a group of five of the LMBPU's classic romance characters who got together weekly to discuss the ongoing trevails of their love lives.

Kid Gender Stereotype Reversal II had missed several recent meeting of the Matchmakers herself. Having recently ended her relationship with the all too often absent Eryk Davis Ester, she was in no mood for the "I told you so's" that she knew her fellow club members would offer.

Well, at least she knew that Dormant Damsel wouldn't judge her. The permanently comatose Matchmaker, who was also the heart and soul of the Light Brigade and who had nearly been elected President of the United Planets during the last election, was KGSR2's best friend. It delighted KGSR2 to see DD lying there on the couch as she entered the Love Shack. Apparently, they were the only two there so far.

To the surprise of KGSR2, Dormant Damsel suddenly opens her eyes and speaks!

"52!" she says.

#109098 09/19/06 02:53 PM
Reservist
Reservist
Takron-Galtos

Two guards stood there, bored out of their skulls of another long night of standing in the same position. They were not allowed to move, because they were guarding a very important guest. They were guarding the Red Bee, one of Takron-Galtos’ most famous prisoners. He had broken out once before and went on a murderous killing spree, ending the life of the beloved Space Ranger. He had almost gotten free again, if not for the Royal Inquisitor during the Invasion.

Or, did he actually get away?

One of the two guards noticed something was wrong. The Red Bee was pacing back and forth in the room. He never paced, never moved in anything other than a casual, easy-going way while he was imprisoned.

“Sit down Bee, that’s enough,” said one. The Red Bee said nothing.

Slowly, the Red Bee smiled. As his smile began to fade, they noticed his face began to turn a sickly shade of green. His whole body began to swirl around in a horribly disgusting way. And in his place, suddenly, was a Durlan. Madrox, the Multiple Durlan.

Flashback
Dark Oval invaders break into Takron-Galtos. A tremendous battle ensues. Madrox the Multiple Durlan, mercenary for hire, emerges, ripping apart the Red Bee’s prison cell. “You’re free Bee…one of the cruisers will take you to the Dark Oval. An enemy of the LMB is an ally of the Dark Oval.”

“And you?” said the Red Bee, his famous grin coming over his face.

“My job is just getting started,” replied the Durlan, and suddenly, he transformed into an exact replica of the Red Bee.

As the Red Bee left Legion World (for good?), Madrox the Multiple Durlan was beaten by the Royal Inquisitor and imprisoned in Takron-Galtos, where he now remained.

“A Durlan!” said the guard, pulling out his taser.

“Not any Durlan,” said the other guard, smiling, as he turned his arm into a large sword and stabbed him through the back. “The Multiple Durlan.” The second guard revealed himself to be a clone body of Madrox and freed his alpha self. The two merged. “One job finished with the Bee, and now a second begins for my real bosses…” he muttered, turning into a miniscule Winathian Hydra-Moth, and floating out through the vents, into deep space and onwards, towards Legion World.

The Dark Oval

A score of bodies floated endlessly in space, occasionally exploding, as bodies are apt to do in the deadness of space. Far off, the Red Bee flew on in their cruiser. “Foolish,” he thought, “the Red Bee has no friends.”

#109099 09/19/06 03:22 PM
An alley near Cafe Cramers

"Your investigation? Are you a member of the Security Office?"

"ME! A member of Cobalt Kid's hedonistic buffoons? Don't make me laugh. I told you, I am Winema Wazzo. I should be the rightful Leader of Legion World. These fools don't even know that the Black Sun is trying to infiltrate Legion World even now. They think that because the Invasion was driven off and their precious Cobalt Kid is launching a counter-invasion that they are safe. Now if you'll excuse me..."

With that, Winema phased into intangibility and out of Helena Handbasket's grasp.

"Wait!" Helena tried to grab hold of Winema's shoulder, but her robotic hand went through the middle aged politician. "Please, you mentioned the Black Sun. What do you know about them and their being on Legion World?" Winema turned around and looked intently at the former Dark Oval commander. "And who are you? I know most of the people here on Legion World and I don't know you." "I'm Comman.. I'm Helena Handbasket. I've..I've only recently come to Legion World, but I have been taken by the hospitality of this world and your people." Winema's eyes narrowed. "Were you going to say 'Commander'? You are one of those Dark Oval troopers that turned traitor, aren't you?"

Helena is stunned by Winema's words. "I..I guess I am a traitor." Helena thought. "Yes, I was with the Dark Oval, but my eyes were opened to the injustice they were inflicting upon this world and the people. I am now dedicated to the protection of Legion World and her people." "Are you now? And what do you know about the Black Sun?" Helena looked around. "Do you have a place where we can talk privately? It isn't wise to talk about the Black Sun in the open, especially if they have infiltrated Legion World." "You are right. Come with me!" Winema strode back into the street and headed of to the residential district.

#109100 09/19/06 03:55 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The Medical Center

Rockhopper Lass lay unconscious in her hospital bed. Her inter-dimensional "brother" spoke with the doctors, who despite their relative unfamiliarity to Pyngwyn physiology, had been able to diagnose some kind of head trauma. "We'll know more when she comes around," explained Dr. Avis Wasser, shaking her head.

Just then, Rockhopper Lass began mumbling.

"Adelie!" Rockhopper Lad cried, "are you all right?"

"What's going on?" she asked in Pyngwyny.

"There was an accident transporting you to your world," he explained, also in their native tongue. "You were transported to another city here on Legion World, and then you collapsed. Since there aren't many Pyngwynyy on this world, they contacted me immediately."

"All right. But I have one question."

"Sure."

"Who am I?"

#109101 09/19/06 05:12 PM
L
Time Trapper
Online Content
Time Trapper
L
LW Underworld

The cloaked man who met earlier with Hummer Lass enters a secret location in Old Town. At the flip of a switch a huge display of vid-monitors lights up. On different screens appear various Legion World venues.

Looking particularly at the Takron-Galtos monitor, the man is pleased to see Madrox effecting his escape.

"Good!" he says. "The replicant fooled all the prison's sensors! Hopefully, Madrox will have no trouble freeing the prisoner I need him to free."

"Hmm...what else? Ah, yes...the Pyngwyn female's memory is erased--excellent! I felt it better to go this route, rather than kill her after what she accidentally found out during the attempted transport to Earth-4. Her death or prolonged disappearance might have presented...problems."

"What else--the Love Shack--No! She awoke, if only for a moment? I might have to have Dormant Damsel killed. If she awakes again and says more....hmmm, I'll get that one taken care of very soon."

"Mmm? Why is Helena Handbasket's vid offline? Technical failure, perhaps? I'll look into that."

"All the other scenarios are going apace. It should be very rewarding to see the Hummer Lass scenario play out. And, of course...there's always the little secret I have in this container!" <pats a metallic urn-like container> "I still can't believe Lard Lad hasn't missed it yet!"

<and the man laughs and laughs, apparently very satisfied with himself.....>

#109102 09/19/06 06:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Evil Genius Club

===============================
Table d'Hote

Green Salad

and

Roast Talokian Game Meat au jus served with
Purple Potatoes and seasonal vegetables

and

Cabbage Pudding

=========================

Winema Wazzo glanced across the table at her guest Helena who looked disturbed by the menu at the club.

"People eat this?"

"Just pretend to eat it like everyone else does, Helena. The food is free here but that's not why people buy memberships."

"Why's that?"

"The club is the only place in all of LW certified to be free of electronic monitoring. Not that I, Winema Wazzo have anything to hide of course. "

"So this is where Legion Worlders come to air their dirty laundry."

"Dirtier than the Hotels frequented by Cobalt Kid in his bachelor days, my dear. Now lets talk about the Black Sun...."

Elsewhere in the Club
"Well it's about time you got back here this wedding stuff is outta control and Thora's people have got me smoking hot." said Caliente as she glared at Tamper.

"Any guests of note this evening, Cali?"

"Just Winema Wazzo."

"Fine then let's get to work on this wedding morrass."

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,927
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Legolas
Legolas
on the lam!
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star