Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 13 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/19/24 04:48 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37
Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update4/14/2016
Omni #894528 04/15/16 03:39 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
That was a nice mission! Jinx (same Jinx in the Teen Titans comic?) and Nightmaster. Gigi pulling out the sword. Calamity King kicking ass. I'm liking your Flare (though I bet she will get a very different code name) too, and your Kent. Did Kent end up going with Jinx?

Nice "fate" for the Blight. I mean, it's a good compromise. They're not dead, but they are out of Mordru's control.

The Eye working with Mysa! Oooh. Interested to see who the host is... smile

Omni #894553 04/15/16 05:06 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Thanks IB for the support and comments.

I hope you didn't miss the section with Reep and Alya and the free squad.

Yes the same Jinx and the same Nightmaster from the late 20th/early 21st century. Mordru captured her at some point and his death cause the sword of night to vanish to the shadow realm.
Gigi may get her chance just yet.

I'm glad Flare and Calamity King did well. i was worried.
No Kent didn't go with Jinx.

I'm glad you liked my use of the Blight. i wasn't sure how well it would be received as that was such an epic story and yup they are out of his hands and locked away...for now.

read the adventures of the Reboot Legion!

http://www.legionworld.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=001232
Omni #894561 04/15/16 05:46 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I can't remember if the Blight were foreshadowed, but this is a different universe so they don't need to be compared to the other reality's Blight.

And yeah I liked Cham and Ayla, they make a good couple and their little detective work on the Stargates was great!

Also the subplots about cementing reality. I wonder how the Cadets will go about it as thei freedom is much more limited...

Omni #894568 04/15/16 06:19 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Nope. the Blight haven't been mentioned before this post.

Ok good. just wanted to make sure since i posted them at the same time. but easy to miss.( new page count and all. lol)

I'm glad you liked them as a couple still and their detective work. they are such a hard couple to get right because so little was shown about them.

As you said its a new universe so their cementing can come from the least likely of places. But also graduation day is coming for the cadets to be full fledged science Police officers which will make it easier because lets be honest there is no way not a single Legionnaire from 247 isn't going to be on the squad. heck they are the top ten of the squad. smile

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/26/2016
Omni #895552 04/26/16 01:23 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
Level 70
Roll Call:

Captain Gim Allon- Captain and headmaster of the Science Police Special Unit Training Academy
Violet - Salu Digby – able to shrink to microscopic and grow gigantic size at will. Of Imsk U247

Captain Allon stood outside of Cadet Vi’s door nervously double checking his hair which he had combed to the side.

“Stay down.” Captain Allon squashed down a small patch of hairs on the back of his head right at the part that wouldn’t stay down.

The door slide open right as he finished fixing the part revealing Vi standing there in a tight purple dress that came to just above her knees with a top that was just off the shoulders and a slight plunging neck line. A flower in her hair as it was pulled to the side in a down pony tail. The green streak in her hair front and center.

“You look amazing Vi.” Captain Allon gazed at her trying his best not to stumble over his words.

“Thank you Gim and please tonight call me Salu.” Salu smiled brightly at Gim who extended out his arm out. Salu took his arm gently and they made their way to the jump tubes and down to the main court yard.

“I can’t believe I’m about to ask this but how is my hair?” Gim asked blushing as he patted at his head.

“Haha. You still look dashing.” Salu reached out and touched Gim’s cheek before brushing her own hands through his hair.

“Yeah.” Gim’s smile was infections his wide gaze squarely on Salu.

The two could have kissed in that moment but they both quickly pulled away as they heard the sounds of others coming in from the field and into the court yard.

“Shall we?” Gim stepped to the side ushering Salu towards the hover car that was waiting for them.

“We shall.” Salu smiled taking Gim’s hand and walked to the car.

Gim and Salu drove through the cool night with the hover top down with the wind blowing both their hair about.

“And you were worried about the jump tube! Haha!” Salu called Gim speeding towards the small town of Happy Harbor, NY which was known for its sea food and great crystal clear waters.

“Haha. Good point.” Gim called back.

The trip was quick but as they approached the cool water air Salu instantly wished she had brought a jacket.

“Here this will keep you warm until we get to the restaurant.” Gim pulled a green-blue blanket from the backseats emergency pouch.

“I’ve been caught out on some cold nights on Mars and learned to bring a blanket along.” Gim smiled.

“Thank you.” Salu felt herself warm instantly as she warped the blanket around her shoulders but Salu felt warmer from the blush that graced her cheeks.

The restaurant was as small little dinner across from the harbor. The seating was no more than 30 people at maximum. Not many places existed like this anymore with small intimate tables and booths with candles as center pieces. The two of them were two or maybe five couples in the entire restaurant allowing them to have a seat at the front of the dining room facing the harbor.

“This is a spectacular view. How did you find this place?”

“Honestly, it was suggested by Gigi. She said this place was the best little hole in the wall she had stumbled upon a few years back after a case out here.”

“You two are rather close huh?” Salu sat forward a bit trying to not seem jealous.

“Yeah she and Shvaughn are my best friends. We went through the academy together and then were stationed together for a bit on Earth and Mars before we got split up and I went to Mars, while Gigi went to Takron-Galtos and Shvaughn was here on Earth.”

“That’s a long time together. They must be like family to you now.” Salu played with her napkin a bit before the waiter came over and filled their glasses with water and gave them a basket of bread.

“Your right, they are my family and that’s why I brought them here to the academy and the special unit.”

“Oh they are on the unit with those who make it?”

“Yeah, originally it was just going to be me but with the sped up time line were all going on to the unit and the teaching and academy will fall to the top Alpha Cadets who didn’t make the unit, combined with the A.I. to help with teaching and administrative work and we’ll still be involved just not as much or hands on. Besides we all want to help do our part to take down Mordru and its just I’d much rather do that from the front lines than the sidelines.” Gim smiled at Salu the candle light illuminating her face gently and reflecting in her violet eyes.

“Dare I say you’re a man of danger and mystery Captain.” Salu winked her best trying to keep flirting.

“Me? No…maybe I like doing good and being able to really help people and pushing omnicoms just isn’t enough for me.” Gim took a sip of his water with a gulp he smiled broadly.

“Haha.” Salu rolled her eyes a bit at his boyish charm.

“What about you? Out of your 24 friends we discovered you with who’s your closest?”

“They are all like family we’ve been together so long. I don’t think I could pick favorites.” Salu shied away a bit.

“And like family your closer with some than others. So spill cadet who is your favorites?” Gim smiled his daring smile enticing Salu.

“I would say I’m close with Lu and Ayla. The two of them have both helped me through some tough times and Fer…I mean Andy is a good friend.”

“I think he wants to be more than a good friend and who can blame him.”

Salu blushed again. The waiter brought over their food they had selected from the electronic menus one of the few moderations in the restaurant.

“So what does Fer stand for?”

“What?” Salu was caught slightly off guard.

“You were about to call Cadet Nolan something else. Fer…something.”

“Oh, Ferro. It is a nickname we gave him because of his iron form.” Grapping her napkin and wiping at her mouth the creamy clam sauce running from her lips after taking eating some replicated shrimp.

“Is that like your nickname Vi?”

“It is short for Leviathan and once upon a time was short for Shrinking Violet both code names, as you know Captain me and my friends used. I’m going to ask once is this a date or is this an interrogation tactic you’re using on me to gain information about me and my friends?” Salu’s suspicious nature taking over as she began to think there was no way Gim was interested in her.

“No…No not at all please…please don’t think that. This really is a date and I really do like you. But I can’t help but be curious about you and your friends and they are clearly a big part of you so I’m just trying to show interest I promise. I know the science cop thing doesn’t turn off easily.” Gim smiled weakly trying to regain the date’s momentum.

“Honest?” Salu’s eyes stared Gim down over the candle light as the sun began to set off in the distance.

“Honest.” Gim looked her in the eyes and took her hands gently in his.

Salu smiled and they two continued on with their meal and conversation. It wasn’t long before Gim had convinced Salu to go for a walk under the stars on the docks of the harbor. The dock they went out on stretchered far out into the sea for tourist to walk on.

“Is this a board walk?” Salu asked as they passed by sentients on dates, families, playing games, eating bad food, seeing side shows and small rides like rocket ships and the oldest ride in recorded history the Farris wheel.

“Yes it is. I thought it might be fun to…” before Gim could finish his sentence Salu pulled him over to one of the games shooting a laser at a target to inflate a balloon and make it pop.

“Race ya?” Salu smiled sitting down. Her beauty increasing as her playful side showed through. Salu felt at home with Gim and even though this wasn’t her Gim and she had started out falling for a fantasy of a departed friend, this had turned into real feelings for this man before her. He was smart, brave, cute, funny and a just a good guy. How could she not fall for him?

Gim smiled back while he tapped his micro omnicom to pay for the game.

“On your mark… get set… Go! Called the robotic voice of the golden robot running the game.
Gim and Salu’s lasers shot the target dead on each firing as fast as they could. A blue laser light lighting up the target as it pushed back to hit a butting to inflate the balloon. Gim was surprised at Salu’s marksmanship but it didn’t stop him from trying to beat her. As gentlemanly as he was he was still completive. Blasting away the balloons filling quickly until the balloons burst.

“POP!”

“We have a winner and it’s the little lady in the corner. Pick your prize!” the golden robot bellowed swiveling back and forth to the display of stuffed animals ranging from bears to dogs to the Grufflaup of Figa.

“I’ll take the red puppy.” Salu smiled as she took the soft plush toy from the golden robot’s elongated arm.

“Thank you.” Salu turned to Gim and handed him the puppy.

“For you.” Salu’s smile was broad.

“Haha. Thank you I’ll cherish it forever.” Gim gave it a quick hug.

Salu pulled out her micro omnicom and snapped a holo picture of it.

“That’s a keeper.” Salu showed Gim the holo picture.

Gim and Salu walked farther out on to the pier and the farther they went the less rides, games, and sentients. The hover lights began to space out showcasing the starry sky above them.

“This was a really fun time Gim.” Salu looked up at the stars and then at Gim whose face was inches away from hers his eyes beaming.

“Yes it was. I had a great time Salu.”

“I’m glad.” Salu shied away for a moment and stepped around Gim and continued walking on. The hover lights had become even more infrequent as there were only one or two every few 100 feet. Letting the stars shine and light the night.

Salu and Gim were the only ones who had walked out this far on the board walk. Their eyes adjusted to the darkness and Gim saw Salu shiver a little.

“Here” Gim took off his jacket and placed it around Salu’s shoulders.

“Thank you. It’s colder than I expected slash I wasn’t expecting a night out on the board walk.”
“I’m full of surprises.”

“Are you? Like what?” Salu looked at Gim as they walked.

Gim turned and gently leaned in and kissed Salu on her light purple lips. Salu’s violet eyes closed and Gim’s hands slowly warped around her waist pulling her in. The stars twinkled high above in the cool night air as the two lovers shared their first kiss.

Last edited by Omni; 04/26/16 02:33 PM.

Omni #895553 04/26/16 01:57 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Colu, Gobu
Roll Call:

Andromeda- Laurel Gand of Daxam U247- flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, microscopic /telescopic vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)
Brainiac 4 -Nyrl Dox-4th in the Dox line to take the name Brainiac. 12th Level intelligence.

The sun shone down brightly on the redesigned and iridescent city of Gobu. Brainiac 4’s finger unit extended out and into the ground on the corner of Cleric way and Vox Avenue. The street hover rail system was in place but there were still several spots that short circuited when the trains would come running through causing the magnetic trains to dip in spots. This street connect allowed her to fix it remotely interfacing with the damaged circuit allowing her to repair its functions and bits of its hardware by initiating its self repair drive which had been damaged in the short circuit.

“These need to be the smoothest rides ever. This city needs to be at its best if it’s going to be the new home of Colu’s dominating race.” Brainiac 4’s blond hair fell over her face as small beads of sweat broke on her forehead. Being cybernetic being had its advantages such as direct interface with other cybernetics and all computers and machines. But the longevity and self repair of any and all body parts was amazing and she needed to show that to all of Colu if she was to stay a cybernetic being and have her son be one as well.

“My son, who has been standing in front of me for weeks helping me rebuild my new city and I’ve scanned him time and again and I’ve tested his DNA and he is my son. Actually my son shouldn’t be standing beside me at all if I’m here. His being here means that I’m sent back and not as a cybernetic being…unless he’s from the future. But if he’s from the future that means I either get turned back or he’s from a different time line. There’s also the possibility that the High Council cloned me after my disappearance.” Brainiac 4 ran through her analysis of the situation and her tasks of fixing the short outs simultaneously.

“Regardless of when my son is from or how my son was made I want my son…my family line to have my gifts beyond my intelligence, especially since it’s clear the curse isn’t transferable and I’ll likely be gone before I know it.” Brainiac 4 thought to herself and thought back to the day she found out that her soul had been sold long before she was ever born.

16 years earlier:

“Test subject for nannite removal and power enhancers has failed. Test subject 4423 died upon extraction.” Brainiac 4’s voice was cold and sterile as she spoke into the recorder flying around her.

“How is the research going on extracting the nannites?” High Council Member Gux asked impatiently.

“Painful. The nannites were never designed to come out. We designed them to stay in and control the powered populace into fighting Mordru and once he was defeated well that was a discussion that has yet to happen.”

“That’s because it’s been almost 5 years of terrorization from Mordru. The Peace talks are still under way.” High Council Member Gux’s tone was anything but supportive.

“Things I know. I’ve been trying to find away to extract them and I’ll have an answer soon. But I need a new test subject. I’ve gone through all of the others.” Brainiac 4 smiled devilishly before quickly her face contorted into a blank and expressionless face. She had gone through all of them but in the vein of torturing and dissecting each of her test subjects.

“I thought you were a Brainiac. You should have figured this out already. Your ancestor would have been done days ago.” High Council Member Gux snarled hitting Brainiac 4 in the one place he knew he could, her pride.

“Fine. I’ll have answers within a few hours. But get me one more test subject.” Brainiac 4 cracked her neck in annoyance. But more so because of her relentless arrogance and pride wouldn’t let her refuse a challenge or be bested by any ghost from 1000 years ago.

“It will be in your lab within the hour.” High Council Member Gux turned curtly his long flowing white shoulder cape flowing behind him.

“What a Fru.” Brainiac 4 thought to herself.

“The bracelet design is the direction I’ll take the nannites after the extraction. The process seems painful no matter what. But if I use a frequency disrupter to knock out the powered sentient they won’t know what hit them and then send another signal for them to collect to form the bracelet will work nicely. I’ll inform Gux of this now that way I can get on with my day although I’ll still tell him I need the test subject.” Brainiac 4 smiled again at the things she could discover.

The halls of the Capital building were empty this time of day. Most people adjourned for the day to enter the sleepnet with this Mordru mess the Colu government made it mandatory to have two sleepnet sessions a day to help think of ways to defeat him. But thankfully Brainiac 4 was exempt from that as she had so much information to share that she could easily over load the servers and since she was exempt that meant Gux was as well. He was her family chaperon and governmental liaison but as far as she was concerned he was just a glorified babysitter.

Gux’s door was closed as Brainiac 4 approached.

“Door sealed. No admittance.” The automated computer voice said and a holo screen of giant stop sign appeared before Brainiac 4.

“Please.” Brainiac 4 tapped her omnicom three times and instantly the holo screen was deactivated and the door slide open slowly. The room was completely dark except for a small green light coming from underneath the door to Gux’s bathroom.

“What’s this?” Brainiac 4 went towards the green light and tried to see if she could open the door but it wouldn’t budge. Using the security cameras in the building Brainiac 4 tapped in through her omnicom watching Gux in the bathroom.

“How is she progressing?” a deep voice asked from somewhere Brainiac 4 couldn’t see.

“No one’s in there with him…” Brainiac 4 thought to herself before trying another angel on the cameras.

“She is progressing well and the Brainiac line will fulfill its part of the bargain my lord.” High Council Member Gux bowed his head as he looked into the mirror.

Brainiac 4 expected to see the reflection of High Council Member Gux but instead saw someone she’d never seen before a yellow eyed and haired man with a wide devilish grin who was tall as he sat atop a rocky throne with green fire erupting all around him.

“Good…I can’t wait to collect on her delicious soul and all of the lovely souls she’ll be sending me.”

“Yes she’s fully embraced her curse unknowingly and her emotional response has been declining with every day and once she’s become the void and fulfills the bargain me and my family are free of the cursed Dox line forever?”

“Yes. That is the deal I struck with your ancestor when I knew I was going to need assurance that Brainiac would deliver an heir.” The mysterious mirror man said.

“Good then once her soul is completely dark it is yours and she’ll do your bidding Lord Neron.” Gux bowed again.

The fires flamed around Neron again as Gux said his name.

“Neron…” Brainiac 4 whispered to herself as she quickly left High Council Members Gux’s chambers.

Quickly making her way to her own lab, Brainiac 4 began researching everything she could about Neron every data base on every United Planets world and beyond. Finding much in the way of the mystical side of the universe Brainiac 4 discovered Neron is the devil deal maker of the underworld. There were many reports of an uprising he tried to stage in the topside worlds.

“What does Neron have to do with me though? He hasn’t been heard from or seen in thousands of years.” Brainiac 4’s slender green fingers glided over the touch screen. But nothing suggested a connection until she discovered an uprising of the villains of the late 20th century.

“What’s this…my ancestor ran a company called L.E.G.I.O.N. and it during this uprising his infant son usurped him…sounds like my kind of baby.” Brainiac 4 read the file aloud in disbelief.

“And Neron offered him away to defeat his son, for the price of the soul of a future descendant…” Brainiac 4’s deep green eyes widened in slight horror and fascination at thought of how cruel and devious her ancestor was.

“Well very shred Virl Dox II. You guaranteed your own life and line by doing this but still got to kill your son. I wonder if Virl Dox II hadn’t actually sold his own soul. Would I be this … demented some might say? This would explain my intense liking of torture…it really is the only time I feel any joy. Those are times of great destruction…much like the avax flu I sent through Feeu a few years back. That was fun.” Brainiac 4’s glint of happiness was all but momentary.

“Gux said I was becoming an emotionless void...But I’ve always been this way. Does this mean that it was destined to be me? Not that I believe in predestination. But my emotional output has decreased. I always thought it was a trait of the entire Brainiac line.” Brainiac 4 felt something stirring in her. She had never had much choice in her life being beholden to the Coluian High Council but learning that her own impulses, thoughts and even lack of feeling weren’t a byproduct or her birth or anything to do with her nature but a curse that made before she was born taking all free will away from her. Brainiac 4 didn’t like when things were taken from her.

“If I understand how curses work from the feeds and annuals I just read I would need to know the exact wording of the curse to see if there was a way to either break it or transfer it. But I don’t have any heirs…” Brainiac 4 realized what she needs to do; she needed to conceive an heir to transfer the curse to.

“When would the High Council expect me to produce offspring?” Brainiac 4 looked through Coluian records for when the typical time frame was and Brainiac 4 was close to the time when she could end her service to them.

“This is rather fortunate. If I can find out the curse I might be able to transfer it after all. But I would need a sperm donor.” Brainiac 4 began searching through suitable donors. But she didn’t like any of them.

“They are inferior. Even if I’m having offspring to put into servitude they still have to be of great stock and the Brainiac line cannot be tainted.” Brainiac 4 began another search this time cross reference family records and IQ scores throughout out the last ten generations since the Computer Tyrants had been over thrown. Maybe something would be found.

Last edited by Omni; 04/26/16 02:30 PM.

Omni #895554 04/26/16 02:05 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Present day Gobu.

“Brainiac 4 how are those relays coming?” Laurel landed before the blonde Coluian. Her own long blonde hair flowing she could see the comparison between herself and Brainiac 4 and why Brainy had a thing for her. She was a strong blonde woman just like his mother. If only Brainy still felt the same way.

“They are perfect now. I’ve fixed everyone that was acting up in this sector of Gobu and I’m sending pulses through them now to test and see if there are any in any other parts of the city and out into the outer bounds of the city and into Dirma forest that aren’t working.”

“Rail ways extended that far?”

“The rail ways cover the entire southern hemisphere. The entire southern hemisphere had been developed for eons before the Computer Tyrants came. They just changed this sector of the world to be cybernetic and have self repairing technology. They just improved on what was already built by my people and once all of Gobu is restored we’ll work on restoring the rest.”

“How much more is the rest?” Laurel’s curiosity was peaked.

“If you must know we can take a small visit to each of the sights and do some scouting. Virx said he’s visited the entire southern hemisphere looking for life over the last 1000 years. But it doesn’t hurt to double check and have a second pair of eyes.” Brainiac 4’s eyes didn’t leave her omnicom as she spoke to Laurel.

“That sounds like a great idea. Do you need me to carry you?” Laurel asked politely but was instantly rebuffed by the look on Brainiac 4’s face.

“No. thank you I’ve actually developed jet boosters for my cybernetic form. This entire city is fine. The pulses confirm it.” Finally looking away from her omnicom and disconnecting her toes from the street connect ports.

“It’s amazing how you and Virx interface with the city.”

“Yes it is a very interesting feeling to connecting with the world like that. It is much like the sleepnet if you’ve ever tried it.” Brainiac 4 said with a snide smile knowing Laurel hadn’t as she had overheard Laurel and her son discussing it during one of their visits. Brainiac 4’s thrusters igniting lifting her off the ground.

“I haven’t. But I’ll take your word for it.” Laurel tried her best not to be ruffled by that comment or Brainiac 4’s comment.

“Shall we leave?” Brainiac 4 crossed her arms.

“Yes. Where to first?” Laurel lifted off and followed Brainiac 4 into the sky flying high above the towering iridescent buildings of Gobu and towards the Dirma forest which much to Laurel surprise was much greener than she thought it would be.

“I’ve worked on repairing the photosynthesis receptors in all the plant life. Much like a biological organism once I fixed much of the receptors in one area of Gobu’s planet life along with its self healing generators and circuitry, it has spread like wildfire to the rest.” Brainiac 4 remarked as she saw the excited and bewildered look on Laurel’s face as they went farther out away from Gobu’s center.

The rail ways were lighting up with the pulses Brainiac 4 had sent throughout the system testing each of the hover relays. Each time a relay light up it was working. Several times they had to stop for Brainiac 4 to connect manually and try and fix the problem. Laurel hadn’t tested out the shatter proofing on this sector but instead of smashing away she ran at full speed and then taking flight as fast as she could creating a sonic boom from her take off. Laurel looked back at the sparkling green, yellow, and purple buildings unmoving.

“I hate when she does that.” Brainiac 4 thought to herself as she braced herself for the sonic booms backlash.

“Laurel, everything is fixed here. Let’s head to Celeus followed by Omari and Morai the twin cities. Followed by the Perll and Uta they were once the biggest makers of cpu’s and mining for the gold alloy that made up most of the circuitry in the United Planets. The last two that I want to check out are a bit more suburban but they housed intelligence that wasn’t common on Colu. Tacor was a center for art the little that existed here. Most of it was industrial and somehow scientific and Oleicus which is where psychology and mental disorders were studied. The sleepnet was first developed there actually. See Oleicus is actually just one giant psychological and medical facility. Beyond that the rest of the southern hemisphere is forest. Coluians had long known that we couldn’t over draw on the resources of the planet and left much of the southern hemisphere untouched.”

“That’s a lot of cities to excavate once Gobu is finished. All of this has been changed as well to cybernetic?”

“Yes from what Virx’s reports. But I think Tacor and Uta might have been left alone or wiped completely by the Computer Tyrants.” Brainiac 4 blasted through the air quickly making her way towards Celeus.

The air was still sterile but the farther in land they went the air became thicker with the scent of grass and flowers growing on some trees with the vines on the trees greener than those at the entrance to Gobu. The fauna was just begging to bloom a few of the flowers that were open glowed with vibrant light running though its veins and down into the stem and stamen. Small bee like creatures with wings that looked like circuit boards that fluttered fast and hard carried little exoskeleton bees that were black and green. Their abdomen which housed the collection of oil-pollen that needed to be spread to the other plants and flowers was contained. The pulsing blue nectar gave the bees a mystical quality. The leaves of the trees were giant Laurel noticed as they flew over them and into Celeus. It looked much like Gobu did when she had arrived. Decrepit and run down.

“Was there any of that moss out here?”

“No that was meant as a first line of defense which we honestly didn’t think anyone would get past that. Coluians maybe ruthless but aren’t the most physical or forceful sentients.” Brainiac 4 landed gently while Laurel speed around the city cleaning it up, clearing away all the rubble from the streets. This city was half the size of Gobu and didn’t take as much time. Brainiac 4 sent out pulses and found several relays in the hover rails that needed to be fixed but the power grid needed to be reconfigured first.

Last edited by Omni; 04/26/16 02:06 PM.

Omni #895555 04/26/16 02:07 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
“This one’s going to take much more time. There is more damage here than in Gobu. Most of the relays are damaged and the power grid needs to be recalibrated and stabilized before anything can be fixed.” Brainiac 4 was saying into her ear recorder that instantly shifted into placed on her left ear creating a microphone that extended down. The black and gold-ish green circuitry glistened in the sun as she continued to take readings.

“I’ll make a sweep through here over the next couple days to clean up as much rubble as I can and stabilize the roads and any buildings. Just have the drones drop off the supplies.” Laurel landed besides Brainiac 4 breathing heavy.

“Noted. We should continue on to the other cities before sun set. If they are at all like this one we will have our work cut out for us.” Brainiac 4 started her thrusters and took off again.
Laurel followed suit and took off letting her flight ring do more of the work than her own powers as that felt easier than using her own at the moment. Going through each of the cities each one was just as bad as the last and in each one they did the same thing. Laurel cleared the rubble and made as many piles as she could and fixed some of the supports of buildings that were falling while Brainiac 4 did her best to fix the power grids in spots to check the hover railways relays but it just showed her how much work there was still to do.

“My kingdom will need work. But that’s fine. all things worthwhile are worth the wait” Brainiac 4 thought to herself after interfacing with three different connection spots that led to three different hover tracks.

After several more tries to re-stabilize the hover railway, sadly the circuitry is fried and Brainiac 4 was unable to get its self healing and replicating circuits and programs to function. Brainiac 4 signals Laurel to continue on to the next and final city for the day Olecius.

The two of them flew on to Olecius and the view they came upon was of a giant medical facility. It’s once pristine white walls had turned to a sickly pale green with cracks running across its façade spider webbing out and upward. Entire walls were gone from upper levels forming a giant cavity down the center of the top levels. The thick neon green vines around the city grew healthy as they worked throughout Olecius busting through windows and foundations across the city. Glass across the ground that hadn’t degraded was plastered across the ground.

“What happened here?” Laurel looked around. This building had been attacked. The amount of damage done to the city was not due to age.

“According to Virx this was the last stand the Coluians made during the Cyber War after the great infection. The Computer Tyrants pushed the rebels back here and the last of Virx’s kind tried to use the hospital as safe haven. But the Tyrants just turned the machines within against them and then eventually turned them off and those that survived were brought back to Gobu and the Tyrants abandoned them after that to quarantine and their own lives.”

“I’m surprised they didn’t try to reclaim more of this once the Computer Tyrants were defeated.” Laurel walked beside Brainiac 4 towards the main entrance of the facility city. The doors were barely hanging on the hinges, cyber vines blinking out of order as they got stronger but their processing unit for expansion hadn’t kicked in and they were grouped around the doorway tightly and thicker than a small tree trunk.

“Virx felt it was best to just congregate in Gobu until they had fully healed from the Computer Tyrants. But of course the Cyber-plague took its toll next. I guess they were just a little busy. Do you think you could move these vines? I’d like to check out this facility.” Brainiac 4 stood waiting for Laurel to do and not reply. Even though she had asked a question it was more of a command.

“Virx has told you a lot about his…I mean your people.” Laurel removed the vines with a blast of laser vision instead of super strength. Instantly they fell to the ground.

“He has. One cannot be part of something without knowing where it came from. We also have nightly interfaces. He wants his knowledge passed on.” Brainiac 4 stepped through the doors gently stepping over the vines as they began to re-grow themselves on the ground.

Laurel’s eyes widened in fear for a moment thinking that she might know their secret about being from another reality. But Virx promised he’d keep the secret and she needed to trust in that.

“This is true and I’m sure he has a wealth of knowledge to pass on. I bet Querl would love to learn as much as he could from him as well.” Laurel followed Brainiac 4 into the darkness of Oleicus. The vines inside Oleicus, were much thinner and weaker looking like the ones when she first arrived. But their lights weren’t blinking or active at all making them darker than any of the others. Dirt and debris lined the hallways while whole walls were knocked out. Some hallways were completely undamaged. Just covered in vines and the paint peeling while mold which looked like interconnected circuits ran from the floor to the ceiling and making a odd pattern on the walls that looked like the scribbling of code.

“This is interesting indeed. It’s kind of like the coding Virx and I use when were working out ways for our bodies to adapt just in a physical form.” Brainiac 4 held her omnicom close to it taking readings of every stop that looked different. She also took holo pictures of entire walls with a scan of her red glowing eye before placing her blonde hair back over it.

“Why do you hide that side of your face? I thought you were proud to be a cybernetic being.” Laurel’s eyes burned a light blue as she peered through the walls with her x-ray vision and then switching to her microscopic vision to investigate the wall’s scribbling.

“It’s habit. I’ve always worn my hair this way. It was just dump luck that my cybernetic components favored those sides. But I will say it does give me a slight advantage. It allows me to pass for the most part and once the delegates arrive that might be for the best until we introduce them to the next step.” Brainiac 4’s smile was sinister but her voice was seemingly sincere.

“I see. I’m going to do a sweep around the halls at super speed. I’ll meet you back here when I’m done? I’m assuming you want to study the wall a bit more and we still need to make checkout what needs to be done to revive this place.” Laurel suggested not wanting to stay inside what was left of this medical facility.

“That will be fine Laurel. Use your omnicom to take holo pictures if you find any more of this throughout the facility.” Brainiac 4 turned back her attention to the wall’s code.

Laurel speed off into the hospital to try and see what she could do to fix around the facility.
“I can’t believe this was a city unto itself. It is certainly massive.” Laurel thought to herself.

“Hmmm…these codes are rather interesting.” Brainiac 4 started to follow it down the corridor each one brining her closer to the origin point of the circuit mold running down the long dank corridor. The doors to each of the rooms were barely standing, most chard away or broken in half. The mold coated at least 50 percent of the rooms Brainiac 4 walked past.

Turning the corner Brainiac 4’s tecno-organic eye flashed a red beam as it scanned to make sure there were no traps or wild animals left over from the Computer Tyrants experiments.

“The circuit mold is increasing in number and size along with the code its writing which seems to be the formation possibly even the extension of some organic circuit fauna that the Computer Tyrants left behind. I just have to hope it is not deadly. So far none of this code suggests anything of a deadly nature, poisons or otherwise.” Brainiac 4 recorded on her omnicom more out of habit that anything even thought her memory was impeccable at 12th level intelligence it was greatly enhanced by her new cybernetics.

Following the circuit mold to its darkest point and where a strong energy reading was coming from.

“What’s this…” Brainiac 4 slowly tapped the wall panel to get the door to move just enough for her to step through. But it wasn’t budging very much because of the circuit mold. Shifting her cybernetic hand into a sharp edge to cut through it.

“Ahhhh…ssstoooop.” A weak voice called from the other side of the door. The circuit mold slowly retracted letting the door open fully in more than a 1000 years.

“Who or what are you?” Brainiac 4 asked walking through the door in the tiny room that was once an officer. Sitting behind a crashed hover desk in a chair a cybernetic being sat their gasping for breath as his entire body had extended out creating the circuit mold.

“I’mm.. I don’t know any more. But I know what I am the remains of the Computer Tyrants last attack against my people. They sent a pulse just before the great shut off and it caused some to mutate out of control.” The lump of what was a cybernetic being looked at her. Its neon green eyes wide in slight pain.

“You’re dying like Virx.” Brainiac 4 scanned the being before her three times and came to the same conclusion each time.

“Yeesss… Vrrixxxx is alive?” its eyes fluttering.

“Yes. For now. But your replicating structure is amazing and the code you’ve built out into the hall could be extremely useful to the rise of our race.” Brainiac 4’s smile became sinister.

“Whaaat are you doing?” The circuit creature began convulsing as Brainiac 4’s omnicom sent out a pulse and then as that pulse stabilized his form and coding Brainiac 4 shaped her left hand into a pitch fork looking device and an electrical current running up its prongs.

“Saving a dying race.” Brainiac 4 stabbed the circuit mold creature square in the head into the brain. Brainiac 4 tried her best to put a heroic spin on her words but she reveled in the death of this creature absorbing his learning matrix and the 1000 of years of coding he had done.

“ARRRHHHHHHHHR...ERRRROORRRR.” Its head bobbed up and down several times before its neon eyes stopped glowing.

“Brainiac 4 what was that? Is everything OK?” Laurel called over the communication unit.

“Everything’s fine. Just a glitch in the system I was trying to reboot.” Brainiac 4 slowing pulled out her pitch fork hand covered in circuits and black inky blood.

Laurel finished her sweep of Oleicus and met Brainiac 4 outside the two blonde women took off into the sky not speaking at all. Laurel knew something was amiss but couldn’t think what as every indication of distress a normal sentient would display wasn’t there. But Laurel just felt something in the air. The sky slowly changed from a hazy aqua blue to magenta purple.

Omni #895556 04/26/16 02:09 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Daxam : Project Solaris Complex.
Roll Call:

M'onel -Lar Gand (Valor) of Daxam U247 - flight, invulnerability, solar absorption and healing. X-ray vision, penetra- vision, heat vision, super breath, freeze breath, super human speed, reflexes, endurance and sense (vision, smell, hearing, touch.)

M’Onel tossed and turned in his bed sweat dripping down his brown matting his jet black hair against his forehead. Plagued by dreams of failure and being stuck back in the void and then the Stasis zone before he finally woke up.

“AHHHHHHH!” M’Onel yelled out sitting up instantly.

“My boy you have some lungs on you and you sure are a lively one to watch sleep. Its times like that I almost wish I had a telepath on hand.” Roxxas sat across from his hover bed.

“Roxxas.” M’Onel’s eye’s flashed for a second on instinct but nothing happened.

“I see my reputation processed me to those that have been off world for as long as you have, as we have no recent records of your DNA on file for someone of your age. Although now that I see your eyes they portray a much older soul.” Roxxas leaned forward his hands folded in front of him.

“I was actually born off world and my parents died when I was almost ten.”

“That would explain a lot. Although I will say your DNA bares a strong resembles to the Gand line; specifically Lar Gand or Valor as much of the galaxy knows him. I mean much of Daxam does but yours in so similar I’d think you were a direct descendent.” Roxxas smile never faded as his eyes grew wide with excitement.

“That would be impossible. Valor disappeared over a thousand years ago.”

“True. But it was just an interesting coincidence. But now I welcome you…?” Roxxas stood his brown eye brows arched.

“M’Onel.” M’Onel answered simply his gaze never leaving Roxxas.

“M’Onel? Interesting where is that from?”

“It’s Martian for Wanderer. My parents were some of the few who loved traveling off world and they found the name in some old caves during a visit to Mars on a guided tour.” M’Onel was thankful there were no telepaths around to tell he was lying. But as uncomfortable as M’Onel was with lying he knew he had to keep himself and his secrets safe.

“We’ll your parents opinion isn’t exactly shared on Daxam after the Lead infection 20 years ago causing our quarantine.” Roxxas handed M’Onel a blue body suit.

“But they still tolerate others I’m sure. They don’t blame the galaxy for it.”

“There are some factions. There always will be. But for the most part no. but most just prefer to stay home that’s all. Now get of bed and let me show you around. We’ve taken an interest in you.”

“Whose we?”

“The Damaxian Government. More specifically the defense branch and you have clearly been off world for a long time and have mastered his powers the Damaxian government would love for you to join a little project.”

“What project?”

“The Solaris Project which before you ask is the Damaxian government’s special task force who practice the art of our natural Damaxian abilities under a yellow sun.”

“But why do you need a task force?”

“To defend against Mordru. If he ever comes here again then we’ll be ready. Now Let’s go. I want you to meet the rest of the Solaris Soldiers.” Roxxas pushed the panel to the door of M’Onel’s medical bay room. The door slide into the wall quickly.

“Come now.” Roxxas walked out of the room easily expecting M’Onel to follow, which he did as he finished putting on the blue jumpsuit.

The facility they were in was pure concrete walls and clearly underground from what M’Onel could see. Grey concrete everywhere down several long twisting hallways. Each with a couple doors on with yellow and black caution tape surrounding their edges. Finally, the two of them came to a long viewing window 6 feet long and 7 feet wide with the same caution tape color scheme around the edges as the doors. Through the window M’Onel saw a group of four Daxmaites practicing different uses of the Daxamite powers set.

“Welcome to the Sol room. It is where Project Solaris practices in the use of their abilities. Each of them is trained in general use but each specializes in a different concentration to better use that specific ability to take down Mordru.” Roxxas smile was even as he looked at the task force and the M’Onel’s reaction to them which seemed positive.

M’Onel watched marveled at the level of skill some of them where exhibiting with certain powers. One speed around the room so fast that if he didn’t know better he thought the young brown haired man could keep up with XS. Another was lifting 6000 tons while doing squats.

And then the only female in the group who was blasting away at various drones with her heat vision and then flashing her x-ray vision, before attacking a robot. M’Onel remembered her from the first time he woke up after being struck. But he couldn’t remember her name but her flowing straight brown hair and tan glistening skin from sweat while she gracefully evade blast from the robots energy bolts.

“Ahh yes the ever alluring Jl-ia. She’s one of our fiercest warriors and the most well read of the bunch.” Roxxas admitted.

“She’s the one who was there when I woke up.”

“Yes. She had the first shift oh and she’s also our medical officer.” Roxxas smirked as he saw that Jl-ia had spied the two of them watching the group and smiled while sending a searing blast of heat vision at some robots that were double teaming a member whose freezing breath had great strength and reach but ultimately wasn’t cold enough for these two robots.

“So M’Onel what would you say to joining the Solaris Program and help protect Damax?”

“Why do you want me in your group so badly?” M’Onel questioned instantly. He wasn’t going to waste any time.

“As I said you’ve been off world for quiet sometime and your intelligence about the current state of the galaxy and the United Planets will be invaluable and we need someone who’s experienced in their powers to help lead these kids. To be honest each of them excels at certain things but as unit they aren’t much and I pushed for you to be accepted into the program.” A smooth deep voice came from behind Roxxas and M’Onel.

The two of them turned and standing there was the slender but well defined muscular young man with jet black hair and blues that had just been saved by solider Jl-ia.

“I was the one who rescued you, I’m Lare Gand and along with Dev-em, after you were blasted and I saw what you did for that ship. That kind of risk and dedication to trying to save a random stray ship is just astounding and I can only imagine what it would be like for you to protect your home world.” Lare Gand stood in front of M’Onel and he could have been mistaken for a smaller version of M’Onel himself. The eyes, the hair, the smile; If M’Onel didn’t know better he’d say this young man would be more likely that he could be Valor’s descendent.

“Thank you for the vote of confidence and I would be more than happy to help and serve my birth world.”

“What finally brought you back?” Roxxas asked as he took note of M’Onel saying “birth world.”

“I wanted to reconnect with my home world. My parents didn’t have any siblings or cousins that I know of. But I thought it would be good to come back and learn where I came from. But I was also recently captured on Earth and I was told I was unwelcomed and had to leave. My parents and I were on the far outreaches of space and we hadn’t heard of the quarantine and call to back to Daxam.” M’Onel blended the truth with lies thinking they might check it out even though he knew they wouldn’t after 20 years of radio silence and clearly thousands of deaths of those who have come to close to their barriers.

“Well then the Solaris Project is the perfect place for you to be. You’ll have access to all the governments’ aid to find any surviving family and the best historical feeds and documents. Isn’t that right Roxxas?” Lare Gand smiled broadly patting M’Onel on the shoulder.

“Yes. It really is the best place for you to be.” Roxxas smiled through gritted teeth and wild eyes.

“Come meet the rest of the task force.” Roxxas stepped over to the light grey door and type in his pass code before placing his place on the hand pad which finally allowed the door to open.

“It’s not that complicated once you get your pass codes. Roxxas just has an extra long code.” Lare Gand joked as he ribbed M’Onel gently.

It had been forever since someone ribbed him and he felt it like that. M’Onel hasn’t been without his powers for so long that he forgot what it was like to be this vulnerable. Entering the Sol Room M’Onel felt his powers and returning first his super strength and his accelerated healing. Even though he had been healed he estimated he had only been under for no more than 18 hours half of which was under the yellow sun laps. But these were so much more powerful. Also most as powerful as the Sun itself.

“Gather round soldiers and meet our newest recruit.” Lare Gand called out to the group. He was clearly their leader.

Speeding in and at an exact stop in front of the three of them was a small slender and muscular young boy with blonde hair and brown eyes in a blue suit. He couldn’t have been any older than 12 years old. He was followed by Jl-ia who strode over confidently he r long brown hair flowing behind her and last but not least was a man as tall as M’Onel himself but more muscular and with brown hair. His stride was strong and determined.

“Soldiers sound off.”

“Ol-vir” the young blond boy said saluting with a smile.

“Jl-ia.” Saluting gently and with a wink.

“Dev-em sir!” Dev-em shouted his gaze straight forward and unwavering.

“These are the soldiers of the Solaris Project. I hope you get to know each of us well and think of us as your new family son of Daxam.” Roxxas patted M’Onel on the back gripping his shoulder and smiling hard.

“Thank you sir I look forward to it.” M’Onel did his best to not show how tight Roxxas grip was on his shoulder. His own invulnerability kept him safe as he had centuries to hone it. But it was clear Roxxas was doing his best to try and inflict some pain and show some dominance over M’Onel now that his own powers had been activated by the Sun lamps above them.

“Welcome to the team. How fast are you? Do you want to race?” Ol-vir rushed over to M’Onel and was easily the friendliest of the three.

“I’ve been known to be pretty fast. But maybe we should have a race some time. You looked pretty fast before I came in.” M’Onel smiled realizing that if the Legion were still around Ol-vir could have applied for membership and that he would have been a mentor Legionnaire at 1018 years old the oldest of Legionnaire by far. M’Onel wondered if this was realities way of resetting around him by giving him something to connect to outside the Legion.

“Welcome. Glad to see you’re not dead. Can I return to my work out now? I’ve only got another six hours in here and I’ve still got another 8000 tons to work up before my test later this week.” Dev-me’s intensity was growing the longer he stood there his gaze fixed on Roxxas and Lare Gand.

“Yes soldier. Return to your work out.” Lare Gand responded.

Dev-em hesitated for a moment but then quickly returned to the weights and his training.

“Forgive Dev-em his a bit of a workaholic.” Jl-ia extended her hand out to M’Onel while she pushed Ol-vir out of the way but since he was using his super speed and her super strength flung him to the other side of the Sol Room.

“Ooops. Sorry Ol-vir!” Jl-ia said before returning her attention back to M’Onel.”

“Hamm. Good to see you again Jl-ia.” M’Onel stifled a laugh.

“You too. Good to see you up and about you look much healthier.” Jl-ia’s manner shifting into a slightly more professional tone as she looked him over from head to toe her eyes glowing a light blue.

“X-ray vision and telescopic vision at the same time. That’s a great trick. I don’t even think I’ve mastered that one yet.” M’Onel said looking at her eyes and seeing how they shifted instantaneously .

“I’ll help you practice it will come in handy against Mordru. If you want we can start working out now?” Jl-ia began walking towards the sparing robots.

“Ahhh sure. Let’s go.” M’Onel felt like the sparing might help his super healing kick in and both Roxxas and Lare Gand gave him a thumps up.

M’Onel and Jl-ia began sparing quick and fast his moves matched by each of hers. The two’s battle looked like a ballet. Each throwing a punch and catching or retracting seconds before impact as if it were a perfectly practiced dance they had done a thousand times before. Sweat poured from their bodies as they flew around the gym flying high and hard before coming to a grand stop back where they started. Meanwhile over in the corner Dev-em increased the weights on the squat machine a 100 fold and began pumping up and down as fast as he could. his eyes glowing red as he stared at the M’Onel and Jl-ia and gritted his teeth.

Last edited by Omni; 04/26/16 02:28 PM.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 4/27/2016
Omni #895684 04/28/16 04:39 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
WL-306 "Cyclone World"
Roll Call:

Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Yigr – Cyclone World Camp director and expert cyclone rider.

“You ride the winds like no one I’ve seen before. I love it! You’ll have to come back to cyclone world often once we get these winds settled.” Yigr called through the communication system as she rode the first good cyclone they had seen in hours.

Berta listened to the winds and found these to be the strongest ones on the whole planet and so they journeyed to a cliff side where there was a cove. At least five cyclones swirled around on the oceans surfaces surrounding the cove and caves below the cliff. Andy stood watching Yigr through a pair of binoculars.

“She’s high up there for sure.” Andy squinted to focus his view on Yigr.

“She is almost near the mouth of the cyclone. Another 500 clicks and she’d be riding the mouth.” Berta’s amazement and enthrallment was clear.

Berta’s violet eyes glowed gently as she tried to communicate with the winds to see if she could get them to let Yigr to go higher but they weren’t speaking to her. She felt as if there was another presence controlling them and keeping them in their formation. Berta noticed these were the most uniform cyclones and currents she’d ever encountered.

“EEEllllluuurrryyy!” the winds moaned gently.

Berta thought she heard their moans but wasn’t sure they were real as she couldn’t quite make out the name the winds moaned

“Berta do you hear that?” Andy asked interrupting her thoughts.

“You can hear the winds?” Berta cocked her head her raven braid whipping about.

“Yeah, I can hear them call a name. They keep calling out someone by the name of Ellury? I think is what I’ve been able to make out.” Andy moved closer to Berta so she could hear him better. His iron skin was cold to her touch.

“Ellury? I don’t know that name in any of my studies of the winds weather myth or fact passed down through the ages and I study my manuscripts every night.” Berta began to try and connect with the winds her hands glowing a soft blue hue.

“Can you sense anything?” Andy grabbed hold of the tether and fastened Berta to his and held tightly Yigr’s tether.

“They are sad and calling out for this Ellury because whoever it is has…left them…” Berta closed her eyes as she communed with the cyclones around them.

340 click away.

“SHUT UP! SHUP!”Pampero yelled into the sky his blue and white mask wet with sweat as he pulled forth from his pouch a capsule that pulled in the winds around him. These were the most powerful winds he had encountered yet. Their magic was strong and resisted his capsules more than the others had.
The winds were quickly sucked away into his capsules. One by one he pulled out another capsule to contain these powerful winds.

“Heeeeyyyy woooooooo! This is the best ride ever!!!” Yigr yelled as she drifted from cyclone to cyclone not realizing how far away from Berta and Andy she had gone and they hadn’t noticed either as they were deep in to finding out who Ellury was.

Suddenly the cyclones began to drift and die down beneath Yigr as they were sucked down in to Pampero’s capsule.

“What’s happening?” Yigr screamed as she began falling down into the open mouths of the cyclones her tether pulling hard.

“What’s wrong with Yigr?” Andy pulled on the tether to bring her in but she was too far away and too high up to pull back easily.

“The winds are dying!” Berta yelled her hands glowing a bright blue as she began conjuring winds to grab hold of Yigr. But the more she tried to conjure winds and add the winds that were there and control the currents to bring her back. But nothing worked.

“MY WINDS!!!!!!!!!!!!” yelled the ghostly voice shrieking from the caverns below as the bright spirit of Ellury came flying up around them.

“Ellury no!” the winds parted in a swift rush and running towards the edge of the cliff A’rie’s limbs of twisting cyclones being pulled back and restrained by Berta’s powers.

“Who are you?” Berta commanded. Her power controlling the elementals limbs impressed A’rie.

“I’m the breath that gives you life I am A’rie and you can manipulate the winds well breeze-ling but you cannot contain me!” A’rie began pulling the winds to her making her body bigger and bigger until she burst outward back lashing wind currents at Andy and Berta.

The two of them stood their ground, Andy dug his feet into the ground and with each gust he dug himself deeper. While Berta created a wind shield deflecting the blows of currents heading at her creating a wind bubble around her.

“Arrrrrrr… you will be contained creature of wind. You will bend to my will. My will is that of universal balance and the currents ever they may be changing are bound to my will!” Berta'’ violet eyes glowed as she began to float the wind shield/bubble about her.

“Hush pup!” A’rie yelled growing tall and big collecting all the wind about her including that of the ones being taken by Pampero.

“Sommme body help me!” Yigr yelled as the winds spilt half left to go to A’rie and the other half went to Pampero and his capsule.

“NOOOOOOOOOO my winds!” Ellury dove in and rushed to save her winds her spirit flying by Yigr.

But in that moment A’rie made a choice as she battled the wind wielder, watched a wind rider fall and her long time companion and host finally lost control as her spirit jumped at Pampero who began fighting her his hands glowing trying to control the winds around him into the capsule and to get the spirit away.

“Vile spirit leave me be!” Pampero yelled as Ellury attacked him pushing him back and on his guard releasing winds instead of collecting them. But quickly he regained his balance and recaptured the cyclones.

A’rie began chanting over and over in a language none of them understood as her words spread across the winds to all their ears. Roaring in gently the winds swirled faster that before their currents changing rapidly. The winds began ripping at the cliff side and the water below, dirt, trees and rock flying about wildly while tossing the sea about pulling it up into the cyclones with it spinning outward. Berta did her best to continue to deflect the winds but the bigger and wilder they grew the less control she had and was begging to get attacked from all sides now. The dark voice chance came to a halt as the winds picked up on last time before spinning out of control and grabbing everyone around and tossing all of them about. Breaking the tethers any had on Berta and Yigr. Andy was the only one who hadn’t moved but he knew the moment he did these winds would carry him off like it did Berta, the man in blue in white and Yigr. Andy put his head down for a moment and hoped the winds would calm down soon.

Last edited by Omni; 04/28/16 04:41 PM.

Omni #895882 05/02/16 07:27 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
A lot of nice subplots moving. Vi and Gim was sweet. Brainiac 4 realizing Brainy's identity and learning about her curse was well done. M'On is in for some interesting times and I like his teammates. Berta and Andy, uh oh, I like Berta and worry about her.

Re: Tales of the Legion: In Universe 248 Update 8/16/2016
Omni #905887 08/16/16 02:50 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Sunday
Marina Bay Warehouse District, Metropolis. Earth. Secret Headquarters of the Legion of Super Heroes from Universe 247.

Roll Call:
Domain- unknown. -control of infinite space a dimension of his making.
Invisible Kid – Lyle Norg of Earth U247 – invisibility
Triad - Luornu Durgo –Ability to split into three bodies. Of Cragg U247

“Hmmm what shall I do today? Swim in the pool? Take a virtual tour around the galaxy?” Domain sat at the meeting table in a white floating chair with his legs up on the holo table.

“The Legion and their little protégés left the headquarters in search of any other underground cells in metropolis which means this place might become a bit more crowded than it already is.” Domain thought to himself as he flipped through feed channel after feed channel.

“Boring! I’ve seen everything these feebs allow me access to. Hmm what’s this?” Domain sat up right as he happened upon a sports feed with a smiling interview with Cuspin, his former client and Cosmic Boy’s former manager.

“We join you now at Phosphorous stadium on Brall. Where Gorr Vinu joins us live as the newest edition of our Brall correspondence team. Take it away Gorr.” Condo Arlkin announced loudly through the holo table’s speakers.

“Hi Condo, I’m here with manager and agent of the one and only Rokk Krinn better known to his fans as “Cosmic Boy”, Mr. Alux Cuspin. Mr. Cuspin thank you for joining us today and taking time out of your busy training schedule.”

“Thank you for having me. I’m glad I was able to get away. Rokk is in total isolation training as are all the Magno ball players and if I miss a beat with him it could cost him the game. He’s hard at work right now doing some magnetic pushups.” Cuspin answered with a stern look in his eye but a hearty smile on his face.

“I hope he’s not working too hard. All work and no play.”

“Makes for a great Magno Ball Champion. Ha.” Cuspin laughed his small belly shaking.

“But, in all seriousness Rokk does get plenty of rest and he spends a lot of time either reading about history or playing a good old fashioned game of Astro-destroyer.”

“That’s good to hear. Now when does the isolation training end for Rokk, we’ve begun to see some of his competitors back out on the courts doing free for all games now and then?”

“Rokk’s training is scheduled to end by the first team practice. But he may need one extra week. Rokk had a cold for a week a bit back and it cost us some valuable training time.”

“Well if he’s gotta put in the work that’s what he’s gotta do. Rokk is one of the youngest and brightest stars of Magno Ball. I sure hope all his training pays off and he becomes the next Magno Ball Champion.”

“No worries there Ms. Vinn. I know Rokk Krinn is the next Magno Ball Champion.”

“Well you heard it here first folks. But don’t forget to tune into the opening games for the upcoming Magno Ball season and thank you again Mr. Cuspin for speaking with s today.”

“Thank you for having me.” Cuspin said with a nod to reporter Vinn and then to the camera.

“I’ll be here each week to give you the latest from Brall and highlights and interviews with all the coaches, players, and mangers and of course you the fans of this upcoming season of Magno Ball. Back to you Condo.” Reporter Vinn winked her green eyes at the camera as her short black bob hair cut shifted from side to side.

“Thanks Vinn.”

Instantly Domain muted the volume of the holo table.

“Interesting. Cosmic Boy is in isolation training but from what I’ve been over hearing and some of what they’ve been telling me this is “our home” reality now. This means that the Cosmic Boy that has been here hasn’t been in training for the Magno Ball season and Cuspin is lying…” A dark smile spread across Domain’s face.

“I wonder how desperate Cuspin is to get back his star player? I bet he’s absolutely furious with him for disappearing. He’s lucky it coincided with the isolation training…wow this reality really is working overtime to fold these suckers in.” Domain began trying to research everything he could about Cuspin on the holo table. He knew if he did it from his quarters he’d be monitored. But on the holo table it would just be a search that Cosmic Boy himself could have made.” Just as Domain’s white fingers were about to light up the holo tables console Domain noticed out of the corner of his eye an omnicom.

“They don’t leave these lying around often.” Domain quickly swiped the omnicom and up it up the back of his plain hospital white shirt. He felt like this place was an insane asylum for the doo-gooders.

Domain quickly made his way to his quarters and examined the omnicom. He knew he couldn’t do it in the main room and so he went into the bathroom and inside the shower stall. Knowing that omnicom’s were water proof Domain went as far as to turn on the shower.

“Now let’s see if this thing is unlocked?” Domain checked through every program for any malware or spy ware he could think of and found nothing. It was encrypted and secure on the Legion communication channel.

“Only the best of security for the team Gear and thank you oh so much. You just made my day.” Domain found a way to reach Cuspin and get him here. I’m sure he’d offer a reward for his lost player’s return and this could help me rebuild my fortune and potentially allow me to get away from these…Heroes.” Domain shivered with disgust for a moment before the hot sonic shower cut off and he stood a new his eyes glowed a dark red as his smirked.

Upstairs: first Floor Monitor Room:

“Did he take the omnicom?” Lu Purple asked turning around from the monitor’s looking back at Lyle who hadn’t appeared yet.

“Yup. Hook line and sinker and thanks for feeding in that cast from Brall. That was pure luck to find that clip at the right moment.”

“Not luck. I found that in an archive on one of your boyfriends old cast from a couple weeks back.”

“My boyfriend?” Lyle’s heart leapt into his throat.

“Yeah, Condo. You’ve watched like every news cast of his and he interviewed you more than any Legionnaire.”

“Yeah well Mr. Arlik isn’t my boyfriend…”Lyle paused for a second and took a deep breath before he said what came next.

“My boyfriend is Brainy.” Lyle breathed a sigh of fear and relief all at once.

“So that wasn’t a friendly thank you for saving my life and the universe kiss after the whole Darkside thing?” Lu Purple said with a cheeky smile.

“No it wasn’t. But it didn’t start until after the destruction of our universe.”

“Wow, I never would have guessed. But thank you for telling me. Does anyone else know?” Lu Purple turned back to the monitors to check in on Domain.

“Just Reep and Laurel.”

“The one who should know.” Lu Purple said with arch of her reddish brown eye brow.

“Yes and the few transmissions I’ve gotten from Brainy indicate that she’s rather OK with us dating. I just wish I saw more of him.”

“Well I’m sure you could take a trip to go see him and according to Dreamer and Imra, Laurel is supposed to join us at some point in our mission to fix this reality.”

“I’m sure one of them will let us know when that happens. But I think it’s too soon for me to leave and go to Colu. No matter how much I miss Querl.” Lyle’s brown eyes moistened for a second and he wiped it away before Lu Purple could turn around.

“Considering that the underground is here and the cadets aren’t very far and Cos will be leaving soon, you might want to take your chances and go see Brainy.” Lu Purple said simply.

“Maybe your right.”

Last edited by Omni; 08/16/16 02:55 PM.

Omni #905897 08/16/16 02:58 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Sunday
Montauk Point, Metropolis Earth - United Planets Special Unit training academy
The Hub; Mission Monitor Room.

Roll Call:
Cadet Susa Pak of Earth - Super-strong prehensile hair.
Cadet Theena- clairvoyant symbiote that she can communicate with and display past and present of people through physical touch imprinting.
Cadet Lizz Sunrizze of Thanotopsia - Creates balls of fire that she can control their direction/target. Flight.
Cadet Amber - of J586 - Able to project a gel like substance
Cadet Tari Wahlmunn - of Takron-Galtos -Project thought spheres to engulf targets causing hallucinatory distorting effects by interfering with ones bio-electrical system.
Cadet Ming Sul of Tristram - Able to amplify the speed, strength, intelligence, healing, stamina. Using a tagging affect, the duration of which depends on how many sentients she has amped. The larger the groups the shorter amount of time it last.
Cadet Berta Skye Haris of Earth- wind generation and manipulation.
Ferro - Andy Nolan – moveable iron body, super strength and invulnerability of 20th century Earth U247
Yigr – Cyclone World Camp director and expert cyclone rider.

“So do we have a mission yet or what?” Cadet Susa Pak asked her red pensile hair brining a cup of Craggiate triple Mocha coffee to her mouth while her and her teammates sat in the Hub; also known as the mission monitor room where they checked in on all missions and cadets nannite reports.

“Not yet Cadet. But I’m sure something will come up.” Captain Allon said slightly chipper on a high from his date with Vi the previous night.

“Captain… something’s wrong…” Cadet Theena’s hands went to her head instantly as the viewing mirrors on the orange symbiote started to come to life with images of Cadet Berta fighting harsh winds.

“Cadet Theena, can you tie in your vision with the main monitor?” Captain Allon rushed to Theena’s side.

“I think so. There should be a telepathic relay helmet in the console for when the Titanet goes down.” Cadet Ming Sul said her hands gliding across the holo keys lighting up her face green and red before a small helmet with wires attached to it appeared.

“What? I studied the schematics of the building.” Cadet Ming Sul said with a cheeky grin as both Captain Allon and the other Beta Cadets stood in shock that the helmet even existed but that someone knew about it and wasn’t a telepath.

“Theena what are we seeing here?” Captain Allon shifted focus to their potential mission.

“It’s…Berta!” Cadet Theena gasped as the screen lit up with the image of Berta fighting against a giant cyclones and wind beasts over an ocean.

“When did you imprint Cadet Berta? Captain Allon asked.

“Berta has been sparring with me and helping to train me to fight and I asked her if I could imprint her. I care about her as my mentor and I those I care about I imprint and with the help of Cadet Ardeen, the symbiote and I have learned how to erase imprints and to make them temporary just for missions so that I may only keep the imprints of those important to me.” Theena blinked simply as she answered. She had nothing to hide and she knew the rules about her imprinting people very well.

“Good job Cadet.” Captain Allon smiled at her simply.

“What on Takron is she fighting?” Cadet Tari Wahlmunn pointed to the giant wind beast. Three of them with spiraling forms that shaped themselves into wings and talons. Their swirling talons jabbing at her from every angle; but Berta stood her ground demolishing their winds every time they even came close to her. Each movement she made her body dancing on the winds that dared harm her, bursting forth her own winds to push back and cut the wind beasts.

“Wait the mission board says Cadet Nolan was supposed to accompany her. Where is he?” Theena pointed out calling up the Alpha Cadet’s weekend off plans and then pulled up the cruiser log of the Cruiser-125.

“He must be there somewhere. Maybe he’s found the Earth Elemental and is battling that because if I’m not mistaken from the information I’ve received from Cadet Dirk Morgna, Berta is battling the Air Elemental.” Captain Allon’s eyes widened before his mind snapped into place and began leading this squad. He loved the feeling of being back out on a mission and at that moment as much as he loved the academy he couldn’t wait to be on the special unit doing things like this full time.

“Cadet Theena where is Cadet Morgna?

“He’s gone back to Scylla with Cadet Inferno.” Cadet Theena replied shifting the screen to highlight Cadet Morgna and Cadet Inferno’s nannites readouts and cruiser log.

“Contact the two of them and try and get them to rendezvous with us as soon as possible. Cadet’s let’s roll out!” Cadet Pak yelled running out the door towards the hangers the whip of her red hair trailing behind her.

“Couldn’t have said it better myself.” thought Captain Allon to himself before joining the other cadets who had already begun to run out.

Cadet Theena quickly typed a message to Cadets Morgna and Inferno instructing them what to do and just as quickly Cadet Theena got up and ran to the hanger to get on the ship with her squad. One way or another she was going to help Berta.

En route to WL-306 "Cyclone World"

The Flight to cyclone world was a short one once they entered into the slipstream. The Academy’s mini cruiser’s slipstream drive was state of the art. But for Cadet Theena who was is the ships brig, hiding in plain sight, was worried as the mirrors on her symbiote showed things were much dire now. As not only was Berta fighting these wind creatures and cyclones on collision course for her and each other but she now was shown holding someone in a wind bubble just below her. Cadet Theena figured it must be Cadet Nolan which would explain why Berta was straining to fight these wind beasts.

Below on the surface of Cyclone World Berta battled the winds and held on to Yigr in a wind bubble just below here. She had caught her at the last second before the winds she was riding had gone mad.

“WhhhhatS going on?” Yigr screamed unable to see out of the wind bubble. But she felt herself spinning about and every once in a while she felt the wind bubble start to weaken and she would dip down for a nano of a second before being caught by Berta, one of her campers.

“We’re battling the winds! Now hold still!” Berta yelled her raven black hair swirling about.

“We can’t be battling the winds! They are our friends! I thought you knew that Berta?” Screamed Yigr.

“They normally are! But right now they are trying to kill us! I’m a wind master and I will bend them to my will if they will not listen to reason!” Berta gritted her teeth and pushed forward a blast of wind in her tiger stance as she used her other hand to continue to hold Yigr.

“I hope Andy is OK in all of this…” Berta thought to herself.

Below on what was left of the cliff side Andy Nolan clung to the rock beneath him.

“I can’t just stay here a sitting duck. I need to do something.” Andy did the only thing he could do and the one thing that came naturally, be a hero and instantly Andy took off with his flight ring, which he had brought along just in case. Flying through the air and aiming for Yigr’s wind bubble. Doing his best to dodge every wind current he could Andy almost made it when he was side lined by the tail of the wind beast.

“Will you choose already!” Ellury wept in her luminescent hands and let me join my winds.

“You know I can’t just choose Ellury. They have to want me…want the winds…They must love me.” A’rie glanced at Ellury before hardening its glare back at the warriors before them.

“Geett oufff of meee you vile winds! Enter my will!” Pampero screamed as he burst forth from the wind cell that A’rie had trapped him in. he was going to do Mordru’s bidding and win his freedom. His blue and white cape flapped behind him and he grabbed hold of the ends to puff it out and then about his body like a torpedo and use it to help him fly straight towards A’rie.

“Not so fast!” Andy flew straight at Pampero grabbing him and throwing him to the ground.

“Finally someone I can fight.” Andy quipped.

“Out of my way! Mordru wants those winds and he shall have them!” Pampero screamed rabidly charging Andy not knowing that Andy was living iron he punched Andy head on and instantly broke his hand.

“Ahhhhhhh!! MY HAND!” Pampero screamed as he cradled his hand creating a small wind ball around his hand to protect it.

“Now it’s my turn.” Andy ran and aimed for his jaw but Pampero dogged and weaved around Andy but quickly turning and putting his arm out straight he caught Pampero in the chest before he could stop himself.

And with one blow Andy’s foe was out like a light.

“Well that didn’t last long. Now if only I could get to Yigr!” Andy shouted to the winds. Jumping up one more time and doing his best to doge every cyclone and wind beast. But Andy felt like he wasn’t getting any closer to Yigr and Berta.

The cyclones intensified and closed ranks around Andy and just as five of them were closing in Andy was wrapped and pulled up by long lush tendrils of red hair.

“Aren’t you a sight for sore eyes.” Andy yelled up.

“Arhhh stop struggling so much. You’ll pull it out at the root and it takes forever for a new one to grow in.” Cadet Susa Pak yelped.

“Alright people let’s do this! I’ll pilot the ship and the rest of you do your best and get out there to rescue Berta and who ever she has in that wind bubble.”

Cadet Pak pulled Andy up and into the cruiser.

“I’ll fly in and grab the girl in the wind.” Cadet Ming Sul yelled using her jet pack to maneuver herself out into the rushing winds. Her amped hearing, sight, and intelligence gave her an advantage to glide through these winds. Her brown eyes narrowed in on Yigr before she darted in pushing the jet pack to its limits to push against the cyclones in front of her.

“Hmmm maybe this might help!” Cadet Sunrizze flew down and created two giant balls of fire and light on either side of Cadet Sul to increase the heat of the air and take the force out of their winds. But the harder she pushed the fireballs to get hotter the faster the cyclones became. A’rie watched with intensity its eye’s glowing blue as they tried to snuff out the winds.

“Just get to Yigr!” Berta yelled seeing their plan as she shifted her left palm in a circular motion before snapping it right sending the cyclone on the right to shift out of the way long enough for both cadets to fly through quickly.

Cadet Sul b lined it for the wind ball and right as she reached it Berta dropped the protective winds and let Yigr fall into the arms of Cadet Sul, while Cadet Sunrizze continued on a head to create a safety flight path with balls of fire lining her path.

“I’ve got you don’t worry. We’ll get you to safety.” Cadet Sul assured Yigr as they made their way away from Berta who was now able to unleash her full power and focus onto A’rie.

The look in Berta’s eyes was filled with determination and anger as she began her dance snapping her arms and hips left and right. Followed by kicking her legs outward thrusting herself up and into a delicate but powerful spin before stopping instantly and clapping her hands together creating a shock wave of force winds rushing outward. A’rie saw the attack but all A’rie could see was the look on Yigr’s face of horror and fear for her winds as she watched them be ripped apart by the force winds and instantly Yigr vanished from Cadet Sul’s arms her body transformed into winds and rushed back towards A’rie.

“Wh…What just happened?” Cadet Sul stammered dodging several cyclones before being slammed in between two cyclones.

Cadet Sunrizze flew down and grabbed Cadet Sul’s limp body.

Cadet Amber stood at the hatch door watching not sure what to do. Her particular set of abilities couldn’t help here and neither could Cadet Wahlmunn who stayed next to Captain Allon and helped co-pilot. But they both hoped this would be over soon. These winds were some of the strongest things they’ve seen.

“where did that woman go?” Captain Allon yelled as his hands glided across the console searching for her.

“I think we’re about to see something new Captain.” Cadet Wahlmunn pointed out the view window and high above them was the winged wind Elemental and the young woman flying high above them as the winds began to circle them its blue energy glowing around them frictionless and almost frozen like.

Berta flew straight upward towards Yigr and A’rie the Air Elemental with Cadet Sunrizze flowing close behind. The wind beast came to their aid quickly keeping them away long enough for the two of them to say their vows.

“I love thy winds. I know thy heart and mind and through the skies we will fly. As together we are apart and in the air we will never part to the four corners of the universe will our breath be felt and our love be known as we give life and take life. We are the Winds Eternal” Yigr and A’rie sang in unison over and over again as the blue energy about them became brighter and brighter and Ellery’s soul flew out and upward into the winds with the largest smile she had ever had.

“MY WIIIINDS!!!!!” Ellery called her soul joining the winds and A’rie smiled gently as the winds blew back into her and Yigr’s face. She didn’t need to see Ellery to feel her love now that she has passed on.

“Yigr what have you done?” Berta yelled over the winds both in anger and fear.

“I’ve joined with A’rie the Elemental! We are one now!”

“NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! That was not supposed to happen! I was supposed to be chosen!” Berta screamed into the sky.

“What do you mean?” A’rie and Yigr were both confused. Their bonding process still settling in that A’rie’s eyes were they only feature that had transferred to Yigr making her once brown eyes a bright dazzling blue and white sky clouds swirling around.

“I’m from the order of the Sky! I was sent to find you! I have trained my entire life to use my gifts of controlling and generating winds to find my way to you. They said you’d choose the fiercest and the most disciplined warrior and I am that! The order said you’d choose me!” Berta did something none of them expected she floated down and began to cry and the winds around her swirled.

“Berta’s from the order of the sky?” Andy thought to himself.

“I was meant to be one with the A’rie the Elemental. I was meant to help use your power to stop Mordru.” Berta’s violet eyes continued to gush tears while her hair flowed about her freely.

Andy thought she looked beautiful even in this moment. But all he wanted to do was go to her and give her a hug.
“Berta! You are a warrior but your order misinterpreted my will and the ritual for me to find a host. Unlike my fellow elemental Phy’r who chooses through passion and impulsivity, I choose with passion of the heart. It wasn’t warrior but, lover and companion. I am the winds and my host must love the winds. I am the breath of life and life must be respected as I’ve seen your teachers have taught you well.” Slowly Yigr transformed more her hair naturally flowing upward while wings slowly sprouted out of her back but made of glimmering hardened winds and sharp talons of the same glimmering winds extended out from her hands.

“NOOOOOO! The Air Elemental cannot be claimed!” Pampero awoke and began to charge toward Yigr. His hands glowing blue as he tried to control the winds that were surrounding Yigr to get into his pouch with the other magical cyclones. He knew if he at least delivered the Air elemental and host he might gain his freedom or some favor with Mordru.

Pampero flew head on when instantly he was stopped by a gel falling from above and quickly encasing him in amber.

“Finally found something to do.” Cadet Amber thought to herself has she pulled up the amber tether that held Pampero’s amber cocoon.

“Good job cadet!” Captain Allon called over the com link.

“I don’t think we’re out of the woods just yet.” Cadet Wahlmunn pointed at the view screen as she helped adjust the cruisers course.

In front of them the wind beast had been replaced by dragons of all shapes and sizes flying down at them. Several of the dragons were ridden by costumed sentients.

“We heard this was the place to have a good whirl.” Aquagirl yelled riding on a giant blue and red long and billowy dragon whose fire rained down on the cruiser’s shields. He long brown hair flowing behind her.

“Focus on the mission. Get the elemental and retrieve Pampero!” Ordered a hooded figure in green and black who rode a luminescent green Chinese dragon whose long body moved like a wave on the ocean. Leading the charge the hooded figure’s hands glowed the same color as the green dragon he rode before shifting to an orange hue and beside Cadet Amber appeared five small orange dragons with thick hulking arms and thick but small wings sprouting from their backs. Their snouts were short and their fangs long. Each quickly rushing towards Cadet Amber who did her best to sap them up into amber balls. Catching three of the five only to have them burst out seconds later flexing their muscles and swiftly running for Pampero’s amber cocoon again.

Cadet Amber flung more amber gel at them trying to adhere them to Pampero’s cocoon. Getting the two she had missed before. Cadet Amber changed her attack and poured a thick layer of amber on the floor holding its tether to her longer than normal to keep it liquid. The small and tough orange dragons instantly lifted Pampero’s cocoon and their tiny wings began to flap lifting them off the ground and straight towards Cadet Amber.

“Ahhhh” Cadet Amber screamed as she flung her arms up and in her panic created a thick wall of amber.

“Good Job! Now my turn.” Cadet Wahlmunn stood her ground her hands going to the sides of her head and running into her short curly black hair. her eyes light up with sparks of electricity. She wasn’t sure if these things had minds or any bioelectrical systems but it was worth a shot.

Instantly the small orange dragons were engulfed in Cadet Wahlmunn’s thought spear and they froze in place. Cadet Wahlmunn couldn’t sense any thoughts or hallucinations coming from the small orange dragons but she could sense a mind distantly being affected. High above them in the sky the hooded figure flew his green dragon, his hands still glowing orange, had started to fade. The glows shorting in and out just like all of his dragons. Each time he blinked electricity shot across his vision and in that moment a dragon disappeared from the sky that had been attacking the cadets and carrying various slaves of Mordru. The closer he got to the ship and the harder he tried to retried to resist the pull of the illusion he was starting to have.

“Ahhhh out of my mind witch!” the hooded figured screamed his hands glowing brighter as he mumbled a spell the dragons on the ship shifting from hulking orange dragons into serpent like purple dragons that slinked down and towards Cadet Wahlmunn and as they made contact with Cadet Wahlmunn sending a shock up her entire body. But what the hooded figure didn’t count on was that Cadet Wahlmunn was now in his hallucination and that his spell had only invited her in instead of pushing her out.

Inside the hooded figures mind he saw Mordru before him and he drove himself and every dragon under his command straight at him and in the real world those actions repeated themselves. All of his dragons diving into the ground and the Cadets. Twisting them around and punching the cadets who had jumped ship to get to the ground. Cadets Pak and Nolan had made their way down to try and get to Berta before the barrage of dragons appeared. While Cadet Sunrizze flew though the air aiming fireball after fireball at the numerous dragons. While Cadet Sul did her best to evade every dragon and get back down to the ground. she wasn’t going to be much use in the air, expect to push Cadet Sunrizze. Pushing each of them to their limits Cadet Sul did her best to increase Cadet Sunrizze speed and durability. While his three companions took to fighting A’rie and Berta.

“Hopefully that will help you Lizz!” Cadet Sul yelled as she watches Cadet Sunrizze speed away from the clutches of five dragons at three times the speed she normally does.

“Cadet, stop your thought spheres! They’re just making him angry!” Captain Allon called trying to steady the ship against the winds battling and the energy out wash from all the mystical dragons bombarding their shields.

“I can’t!” Cadet Wahlmunn yelled trapped in the purple dragons grasps and in the hooded figures delusion.

“Why not?”

“The dragons are keeping me locked in and creating a feedback loop, that’s not letting me end this. But he’s not all he seems Captain.” Cadet Wahlmunn cautioned.

“Thunk!” Came from atop the cruiser roof.

“What was that?” Cadet Amber looked up as she heard the loud clatter.

“He’s landed.” Cadet Wahlmunn said.

Standing on top of the cruiser the hooded figured eventually knelt down holing his head in his hands. Pulling back his hood Xao Jin screamed out in pain and triumph his hands glowing a bright jade green as he thrust his hands down on to the cruisers roof sending a jade dragon straight through the hull of the ship destabilizing the cabins pressure.

“AHHHH what’s happening!” Theena screamed in the brig. The symbiote’s viewing screens coming to life as she saw Berta crying on the ground while the other cadets fought the winds and the agents of Mordru.

“What are these dragons?” Theena jumped as the jade dragon smashed through the ceiling and straight through the other side of the cruiser. The Symbiote’s screen’s came to life with Berta and the Wind Elemental talking and the two of them coming under attack by three of Mordru’s agents.

“That’s it!” with a gulp Theena jumped out the hole the jade dragon made and followed it down. Tucking herself up and letting the strong orange arms of the symbiote wrapped around her with the screens turned out.

“Lizz fire some fireballs my way and aim for the screens.” Theena called over the telepathic earplug relay network.

“I don’t think you can handle the heat I produce even at my lowest temps.” Cadet Sunrizze screamed firing on a dragon that was hot on her trail.

“Just do it!” Theena screamed.

“Alright don’t say I didn’t warn you.” Cadet Sunrizze conjured four medium sized fire balls and three smaller ones that flew by behind the bigger ones. Theena braced herself for the heat even when it did the symbiote’s body grew in size and density to protect her.

The Symbiote’s viewing screens pushed outward as the fireballs struck all four arms with great force as they bounced them back down toward Mordru’s three agents that surrounded Berta and A’rie. Blasting the ground and scorching it to black and making each of them take a few leaps back as she crash landed next to Berta and A’rie. Cadet Theena stood up through the thick smoke from her fire attack. Stumbling for a moment before standing tall as the increased weight of the symbiote anchored her. Her short reddish orange hair singed at the tips.

“Back away from them!” Cadet Theena called over the winds taking a fighting stance with her hands pushed together like beaks and the symbiote’s arms turned outward and crouched down.

“Hahah. What do you think you’re going to do?” Aquagirl called taking her own crouching stance to mock Cadet Theena.

Cadet Theena smiled simply as she watched Aquagirl stand there waiting for her to attack, when Cadet Theena had the symbiote turn its screens. Slowly Aquagirl become entranced in the viewing screens Cadet Theena quickly took advantage of this distraction and began charging Aquagirl and punched as hard as she could breaking her trance.

“Haha. You just lost girlie.” Aquagirl said cracking her neck before she jumped up pulling her fist back and getting ready to strike before Berta blasted Aquagirl with a cyclone forcing her off balance and set her flying.

“Stay away from her!” Berta yelled her breath shallow as her raven hair flew about her.

“Berta!” Cadet Theena ran to her mentor and the Elemental Yigr both firing on
Mordru’s agents blowing them about.

“Mordru will not stop until he has us. We must flee!” the Elemental Yigr’s voice shrieked on the winds and in that instant the winds and cyclones about them drew themselves into them creating a giant wind bubble around the four of them. Its winds getting faster and wilder the more winds receded in until suddenly they burst out ward back lashing outward throwing everyone around like ragdolls. The cruiser barely keeping flight.

“Back thrusters are barely working!”Captain Allon yelled over the winds that had entered the cruiser.

“I’ll try something else. Maybe if I reroute a few systems.” Cadet Wahlmunn shouted over the winds still trapped by the purple dragon. Using her powers to sift through the hooded man’s vision she found her way to the control panel.

“AHHH you will not defy me! I will end you! feel the wrath of Xao Jin, DRAGONMAGE!” screamed firing mystical energy at Captain Allon and Cadet Wahlmunn.

“Don’t think so hoddie.” Cadet Amber fired a blast of amber encasing him stopping him in his tracks. All of his dragons began to disappear and waft away on the winds around them.

“Good job! Now let’s get this thing landed.” Captain Allon yelled.

The winds had died down and the dragons were all gone. Mordru’s henchmen lay all unconscious as they were the closest to the winds backlash. Once the winds cleared standing at the epicenter Cadets Theena and Berta stood there bewildered by what just happened. While Captain Allon landed the cruiser. All of the cadets began to make their way over towards Berta and Theena to help put Mordru’s agents away. But before anyone could make any moments a bright flash of light blanketed them and in an instant all of Mordru’s agents were gone.
“Where did they go?” Cadet Sunrizze looked around and flew down and landed in front of Cadets Theena and Berta, while Cadet Sul briskly walked over with Captain Allon. Cadets Wahlmunn and Amber stayed near the cruiser.

“Mordru must have called them back. Are you two ok?”Captain Allon asked.

“We’ll be fine.” Cadet Theena held Berta’s arm to help keep her standing.

“Here let me help you.” Cadet Sul gently grabbed Berta’s arm and helped hold her up.

` “So that’s it? Mordru and his cronies are gone and the air elemental is gone?” Cadet Pak asked joining the small group.

“Not in the slightest. A’rie and Yigr ran from Mordru. So we have to find them and protect them.” Berta steadied herself and gently pushed Theena and Cadet Ming Sul away.

“You’re right and we will find them.” Captain Allon assured Cadet
Berta.

The group looked around at the destroyed cliff side next to them before making their way to back to the camp where Berta and Andy’s ship was.

“Captain, wait. We’ve got a prisoner to take back with us.” Cadet Wahlmunn yelled over from the barely functioning cruiser they took there.

“What do you mean? Mordru’s agents disappeared in a flash of light.” Captain Allon said approaching the back end of the cruiser.

And there encased in amber was the hooded figure caught in a silent scream.

“I guess I helped out after all.” Cadet Amber said.

“Yes you did.” Captain Allon smiled slightly as he saw the frozen sorcerer.

Last edited by Omni; 08/16/16 03:01 PM.

Omni #905899 08/16/16 03:21 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Happy to see you writing again, Omni!

Domain should have known the Legion would not be so careless. I wonder what their plan is?

Lyle's reaction was funny. Not surprised Triad figured it out. It would be nice to see Lyle and Brainy together again.

I liked the resolution of the plotline with the Air Elemental. It figures that Berta would be a trained warrior, you wrote her as having so much focus.

Glad to see Theena, Amber, Amp, Mandalla, Spider-Girl and Fireball all get their chances to shine. They all did good work, I like how Amp was so well-prepared (reading the building schematics) and how Theena made excellent use of her symbiote.

And Dragonmage as captive! Oohh...

Omni #905972 08/17/16 07:06 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Splendid stuff Omni, I love your cadet programme.

Like IB I wonder what Domain is up to, I was kind of expecting that he'd be rehabilitated but am quite happy to read he's still a sneak. Looking forward to seeing how you develop him.

Berta and Ferro's story came to a stunning conclusion with Mordru's agents and the air elemental and Legion cadets all getting stuck in. I really like your take on Amp Girl and also Amber- is she one of your own creations as I don't recognise her? Mandala was well used as well, she's potentially awesome so it's good to see that starting to happen.

I wonder what Him has in store for Dragon mage?

Great read again Omni, more, more, more!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #905974 08/17/16 07:09 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh forget to mention Tinya, Bring, Jo and Sussa (which my auto correct spell checker wants to change to 'dissatisfaction' which is really odd) who make a brilliant team. Sussa telling Tinya she had almost dislocated the man's hand make me laugh, that was great characterisation there.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Omni #906024 08/17/16 04:24 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Hi Harbi, I think that bit about Tinya Sussa Jo and Brin was for my story, not Omni's. Glad you are liking both our work though smile

Amber appeared in the Widening Rifts storyline, L*81 if I am not mistaken. Last story before Legion Lost. Omni writes her really well and has made her really likable!

Omni #906169 08/19/16 12:02 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Ha, that's funny, sorry IB I meant to reply to your latest story too but am obviously a bit demented lately 😃

Omni #906195 08/19/16 04:11 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Me too smile I've been doing too much overtime and I swear I felt my brain break earlier today!

Omni #908122 09/08/16 12:16 PM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
Hey IB and Harbinger thank you so much for all of your support and comments. the writing has been coming really slow and like the two of you i've been super busy with work.

I'm glad you've liked the beta cadets and their mission to save
Berta and Ferro. Theena was fun to write and i'm glad my uses of the symbiotic worked well.

Yes IB is right. Amber is from the widening rifts story line. she was from McCauley's new work force full of adults and good to hear she and Mentalla were well received.

Domain isn't thinking clearly and so he may not see what their doing...and as for what the Legion is up to with that, they have to set something in motion without getting caught. Lu and Lyle explain it a little But Dreamer's vision showed Cos having to leave.

Dragonmage is going be a interesting captive and Gim has some good plans for him. i hope you all like them.

I hate to say idk when i'll have a new post up. But please stay tuned.

Omni #908127 09/08/16 12:59 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
I'm excited for more, but don't feel pressured smile I am sure whenever your next post will be, it will be worth the wait!

Omni #908309 09/10/16 02:58 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Take your time Omni, we're here whenever you are ready.

Though not toooooooo long please smile

Omni #920740 01/17/17 10:40 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Just bumping this in the vain hope Omni will continue it. We still need to find out why reality is rewriting itself, whether or not Gim and Salu will get together properly, and am especially looking forward to seeing Mordru!

Omni #921778 02/08/17 09:38 AM
Omni Offline OP
Deputy
OP Offline
Deputy
be careful what you wish for Harbinger. ;P

Omni #921790 02/08/17 12:02 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I couldn't wish for anything more Omni smile looking forward to seeing where you take us next.

Page 18 of 37 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,856
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Dave Hackett
Dave Hackett
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star