Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/18/24 02:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Donna Troy's questionable taste in men
MLLASH #923378 03/12/17 07:16 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
A problem with Donna being a cougar is finding a DC partner for her that's not emotionally stunted. Finding a writer who isn't, is a related problem. smile

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
MLLASH #923408 03/12/17 03:02 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Thoth, LOL lol

How about Ronnie Raymond? He's always had crushes on older women (Power Girl, Wonder Woman...)

Oh, wait, that would turn Martin Stein into the ultimate Peeping Tom. eek Back to square one... sigh

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
MLLASH #923411 03/12/17 03:29 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
I reckon that it's Firestorm as an entity that characters find attractive. The body of a youthful athlete, but with an impulsiveness combined with mature intelligence. Stein is smart, but flawed in relationships. Raymond is a kid, but trying to do the right thing. It's together that they combine into something better. Somewhere that both men can work out their issues together. There was a subplot where Raymond was becoming smarter through his linking with Stein. Stein may have also been getting better at a number of things too. That would have been interesting to see continue.

What about Jimmy Olsen? He's gets involved in all sorts of extrovert mischief from often introverted beginnings. He thrives as a weirdness magnet. He'd forget about Lucy in a heartbeat if Donna came along.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
MLLASH #923506 03/13/17 04:15 PM
I've been trying to think of a reply, but all I keep coming up with is that tasteless, witless scene in Morrison/Quitely's "JLA Earth 2" graphic novel involving Superwoman and Jimmy Olsen and the broom closet.

Sorry, Thoth, I guess it's cause I've been under a bit of stress. frown

Maybe I should do another Those 70s Titans vignette, that'd cheer me up, and hopefully entertain some people as well. smile

MLLASH #923516 03/13/17 06:20 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
It was going through my mind as I was typing. I forced it out, by thinking of Jimmy trying on the hats from his chest of hats lol Who isn't going to fall for that?

MLLASH #923520 03/13/17 07:08 PM

MLLASH #961745 10/19/18 01:41 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Even as awkward as the Star-Spangled Kid's macking on her on the Monitor's satellite was, he still would've been better than Terry Long!

Attached Images SSKWG.PNG
MLLASH #961749 10/19/18 02:58 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
That was just after Star Spangled Kid (I tried SS-Kid to be lazy, but I'll not be doing that again. Right up there with A-SS for All-Star Squadron. What is wrong with these writers...) got the brush off from Jonni Thunder wasn't it? He looked a lot younger than her too in this one, but I think they had some sort of relationship in Infinity.

Notes on this scene:-

Star Spangled Kid was told about Donna by the JLA because... they are all total gossips.
By declaring her marriage here, Wolfman is sneakily getting himself into the story through his proxy character.
Wonder Girl would later to go into the Warp Zone to rescue Terry.
But with all time becoming as one, Terry had already picked up younger women from across history.
The resulting spin off book proposal, "Long's Legion of Lovelies" was vetoed by nearly everyone at the company.
In a cut scene, Perez tried to show the AM ask the heroes at the dawn of time to at least let him rid the multiverse of Terry Long, but Wolfman stopped it.
As the characters had to remember the old universe to give Crisis meaning, so Terry Long must survive or how else could Marv know about the event to write it?
Terry Long's trans-temporal pick up mobile survived the Crisis and is now a creepier version of the Cosmic Treadmill.
Terry Long's chest medallion, with its memories of the multiverse, would become the Medusa Medallion and launch Crisis 2.

MLLASH #961753 10/19/18 03:17 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, he literally turns around after making Jonni Thunder super-uncomfortable and then hits on Donna!

MLLASH #961769 10/19/18 07:03 PM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Star-spangled Kid and Terry for battle of the creeps!

I never really liked Terry, but finding out that he was an author insert for Marv Wolfman made it so much creepier!

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Caliente, Fanfic Lady 

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,842
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star