Roll Call
0 members (), 333 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 12:20 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 11:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:44 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 71 1 2 3 4 70 71
Re: Welcome to Legion World. Introduce yourself, why don't ya!
#174796 09/30/03 01:57 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Name : Ken Thomson
Live In : Aberdeen, Scatland (sic)
What Do I Do?: Instrument Designer (systems for measuring, not instruments for playing)

Legion Info: Started reading around the age of 7, having started out with the FF & Spidey at about 4. Fave storyline - The Great Darkness. Darkseid just needs to get a grip and do some real damage.

Other Things I like : Spending time with my two daughters (except for trying to get them to do homework !!). Getting rid of the kids and spending time with my wife.
Films - particularly long ones for some strange reason, Sci-Fi, good comedy (e.g. Python). By the way Bicycle Repair Man - Cool Alter Ego.
Football - the real game, not that nancy thing with padding from across the pond (which can be quite fun too).
Music - particularly stuck in 80s AOR. Though listening to Marilyn Manson, Shania Twain and Preston Reed at present. Now there's a threesome for you.
Sarcasm.

Anything else I want to share: Big brother to Sonnie Boy.

Hic!
#174797 09/30/03 02:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
((((((((NUMFY)))))))) <----that means 'hugs' Ken, in case you were wondering.....

laugh
laugh
laugh
laugh
laugh

#174798 09/30/03 11:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Lately I've been really into the Clash, it's all I've been listening too! Anyone else a big Clash fan?
I am. London Calling is one of the greatest rock albums ever.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#174799 10/01/03 06:24 AM
Reservist
Reservist
Hey Numf El great to have another Aberdonian onboard at Legion World! Although not from there myself (Millport born, Edinburgh raised) I spent a good five years of my life in Aberdeen.

You don't happen to know Mike at Asylum Comics?

Couldn't agree more about your views on footie!!!

#174800 10/01/03 07:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Name: Crue Jectra

Age: Well, I'm no longer a felony in 95% of the United Planets, if that's what you're asking wink

Where you live: LMBP Outpost, in orbit around Legion World

What you do: Shop, flip my hair, give people direction, save the world... y'know... Princess-y stuff

Legion World men you like: Well, of course my favorite is the Boy With Ultra Powers (dreamy sigh), but I'm also quite fond of Lashie Poo, Povvie Poo and Cobie Cakes wink

Other things you like: I love the feeling of fur against my bare flesh, but would never wear clothing made of real fur, so I compromise by snuggling with Furball (that sweetie) and I try to rub up against Nightcrawler whenever I think I can get away with it

Anything else that you want to share!: Always remember and don't ever forget: There's more to me than a great pair of knockers. I also have soft bouncy hair and a firm ass laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#174801 10/01/03 07:37 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Name: Michael

Where you live: Southern Maine

What you do: Administrative Assistant (translation: Secretary with delusions of grandeur) in the Customer Service Department of a catalog printer

Legion info (favorite characters, creators, stories, eras; when you started reading; etc.): Started reading Legion when I was about 6 or 7, and have been with them ever since. Levitz was my favorite writer, of course, and I count Jurgens, Immomen, Shoemaker, Coipel, Batista, Sprouse and early Giffen among my favorite artists. My favorite characters are probably Shadow Lass and Sensor Girl (pre-boot) and Invisible Kid and Brainiac Five (post-boot)

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): I love romantic comedies, sci-fi flicks, fantasy novels, and Harry Potter smile I like a little bit of every genre of music, but am a sucker for sappy ballads.

Anything else that you want to share!: I am the man behind the throne, meaning that Princess Crujectra is my alternate ID. I didn't realize how well I played her character until people were shocked to learn the truth. Perhaps I should try drag for Halloween? Nah wink

#174802 10/01/03 08:23 AM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Name: Rob
Where do I live: Boston (as noted below)
What do I do: Well, I graduated from law school and passed the Massachusetts bar last year. I am still looking for a legal job. I do volunteer lawyering work with a group that goes to a couple of homeless shelters in Boston.

Legion: history: First Legion Comic was Superbo & the Legion of Superheroes #212. I love the Levitz era of Legion. Favorite Legionnaires: Quislet (naturally), Tellus, Blok, Chameleon Boy, and Projectra (even as Sensor)

Other interests: I like Buffy, Angel, and Smallville. I am a little hooked on Trading Spaces and the British Version, Changing Rooms, although I will probably never redecorate. I loved History when in school. I recommend the book "Lies my Teacher told Me" which is about how history is taught in American schools.

Anything else I want to share: If you are hungry, I'll share my lunch with you.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#174803 10/01/03 09:16 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
I compromise by snuggling with Furball (that sweetie)
damn ... that matted hunk of fleas just got here and he's already staked a claim ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#174804 10/01/03 09:22 AM
Active
Active
>Rou row rit. reh reh reh<

#174805 10/01/03 09:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by SharkLad:
damn ... that matted hunk of fleas just got here and he's already staked a claim ...
Well, I was talking about fur, dear... that's why I mentioned Furball and not you. You might not have noticed, but you are a little fur-light wink

Now, if I had been discussing dorsal fins... laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#174806 10/01/03 09:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Princess Crujectra:
Now, if I had been discussing dorsal fins... laugh
grab on, your highness ... I'll take you to new depths ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#174807 10/01/03 09:34 AM
Active
Active
>Rats Right...rew rows with the dead eyed swimming death rachine<

#174808 10/01/03 09:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
See? There ARE some benefits to setting your sights a little lower wink

#174809 10/01/03 11:37 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Take good care of her boys, after all she is royalty smile !

And good to see Crusader pop in here too everynow and then wink

#174810 10/01/03 11:38 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
[b] Lately I've been really into the Clash, it's all I've been listening too! Anyone else a big Clash fan?
I am. London Calling is one of the greatest rock albums ever. [/b]
All I can say Miner is that you have impeccable tastes in music! I've been listening to London Calling every day on the way to class for about three weeks now and can't stop myself. It really is one of the best albums of all time!

To really get my girlfriend annoyed, I blast "I Fought the Law" and sing along to it!

#174811 10/01/03 02:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Harbinger AKA Belinda Hill

I'm also Scottish - hoots min! There's a few of us hereabouts isn't there?

Though I now teach music to unappreciative teenagers in South London. For those in the UK the series Teachers is unfortunately not dark enough to do modern teaching any justice. That all said I love my work, my classes from hell and all.

I also wanted to try to write a fan-fic. Which is how I ended up on this board, my housemate Sonnie persuaded me to put my thoughts and ideas "out there". He suggested here, and we've been fighting over the pc of an evening ever since.

My first real introduction to the Legion was through my husband - he hid his comic collection in old shoe boxes from me - with all his nervousness about it I thought it was going to be something really awful like a dismembered body he'd chopped up lol lol lol . As I have a couple of brothers I had seen, and read, a fair few comics as a teen so he found me an easy convert.

At this point I have to say "....behave!"

laugh laugh

My fave ever comic is the "elseworld" 5YGap story with Andrew Nolan and Glorith reintroducing the Time Trapper to the universe and Valor to us all.

Rokk's dinner with Mordru comes a close second.

Hated the Legion on the Run, simply awful stuff!

Thoroughly enjoying the current DNA run, here's to many more by them.

Other things about me that may interest you -

I'm a red wine fan, I love cats, chocolate (oooooh evil stuff!), gardening and my hubbie... awwww! He is a love love

I may not have as statuesque a mind as Imra but I do have a better pair of hooters.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#174812 10/01/03 03:52 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Harbinger, I'm only recently discovering the joys of wine, being 22, but I am fast becoming a big wine fan!

My fav red is Cabarnet Savigaughn (sp?) and my fav white is Pinot Grigio! I can't get enough of these two with dinner!

#174813 10/01/03 04:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
and my fav white is Pinot Grigio!
i love a good bottle of Pinot Grigio, too !!!

Matthew.

#174814 10/02/03 01:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Name: Nancy

Where: Southshore Nova Scotia

Legion history: Read it back in the 60s, I don't remember which was the first issue. I grew up reading tons of comics and Legion was just one of many favourites. I followed it sporadically and it really became my #1 during the 5 YL series. The early TMK stories, the later Levitz era and the 1966-67 Hamilton/Shooter/Curt Swan stories are the stand-outs. I like the current run too, but we're in the middle of it so it's harder to judge.

A lot of enjoyment of the Legion is tied into this discussion board. I've seen a lot more in the stories and learned to appreciate the art more from other people's comments and insights.

Other interests: I'm a pop culture dork. I haven't had a TV since 1982 because I was a hopeless TV addict and it definitely had to go. Consequently, I read a lot of anything and everything, but I'm a dilettante, no expertise. I like a lot of music but don't pay it too much serious attention; our radio/concert choices are very limited here. My favourite is medieval & renaissance music which tends to be rather obscure outside of major cities.

My main other interest is open-pollinated/heritage seed saving (primarily vegetables but some flowers).

Anything else: I dropped out of the rat race when I was 40 (I was losing anyways!) after 20 years of marketing research with a little political polling thrown in.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#174815 10/02/03 06:24 AM
Leader
Leader
Name: Bevis (no, really, that is my name.)

Where I live: Well according to most people I know 'in a world of my own' but also Manchester, UK.

What I do: Well my job title is 'Information Assistant' but I pretty much always call myself 'Librarian' (hence the old Lucien id) but when you get down to it I'm one of those administration people that kind of do a bit of everything. Look after the library, do the travel arrangements, stationery orders. All that sort of gubbins. Plus I do comics as well which is sort of at the stage where I'm just about moving from amatuer to semi-professional. Not earning any money from it yet but it's just a matter of time dammit. laugh

Legion info: It's all the LMBPs fault. No, really. Up until a few years back I'd never read anything with the Legion in apart from the Zero Hour trade and considering I'd only got back into comics fairly recently then they were just another bunch of characters that I didn't recognise. Anyway so there I was quite happily minding my own business on the onder Woman boards when the LMBP crashed in on one of the road-trips. And they caught me, dammit. Got me all interested in the LMBP and as such in the Legion. I think Legion Lost had just started when I was told about LSH and #2 was the first one I picked up. I got a few back issues as well and the trade of the first few issues of the post Zero Hour relaunch and I've been hooked since. Favourite era... well, the current one but that's coz I've not really read any others. laugh Fave characters are Umbra, Timberwolf and Invisible Kid. I could easily do without the Shamelss Hussy or the Dumb Jock though.

What I do outside comics: Ummm... not much. Heh heh. Major Buffy and Angel fan, and I've recently gotten into CSI but apart from that i don't really watch much TV at all. Oh, Sex & The City and Will & Grace too I guess. Plus Neighbours, but that's the hubbys fault.

Pretty much all of my spare time I spend drawing or painting or writing though. I have an over-active imagination but luckily also have artistic ability so I can find a release for all the pictures and stories banging round in my head. If'n I couldn't it'd drive me mad. Also read a hell of a lot and love going to the cinema. And of course there's Chris, my hubby, who I spend a lot of time with, whether that be bickering on the phone, vegging out in front of the telly on a Friday night or getting absolutely trolleyed and dancing like a... well, like a great big poof. tongue

Musically I'm so obviously gay. Kylie, Abba, Shirley Bassey (saw her in concert a few weeks back. If you ever get the chance go see her, she's faaaaabulous), Indigo Girls, Annie Lennox, k d lang. Plus stuff that I've inherited (in a way) from my mum; Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Eliza McCarthy, opera in general but especially Puccinni and Verdi. And i love musicals. Not all musicals though. I hate, *hate* Andrew Lloyd Webber (with the possible exception of Evita) and really have a fondness for the darker or less mainstream musicals. Chicago (the stage version is much better than the film), Rocky Horror, Blood Brothers (probably my favourite of all), Into The Woods, Sweeney Todd, Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, stuff like that.

Yeesh, basically I'm a very stereotypical queen. heh heh.

Truth and Justice shall Prevail!
(Unless Tamper Lad Screws it up...)
#174816 10/02/03 06:47 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Name: Dave

Where I live: Southeastern Michigan, ooutside of Detroit.

What I do: Right now I'm a documentarian and trainer for a community college's internal data system. I work with the different people in the college in regards to procedures, and document them. Then train the rest of the staff and faculty on them.

Legion info: Ah...memories. I read S&the LSH #208, plus a handful of other Legion issues at my Grandma's house for years. I loved them. Years later, I discovered the first issue of the League of Super Assassins two-parter in one of those Whitman 3-packs. I think it had the last issue of the Earthwar saga in there as well. I didn't get back into them until right before the Baxter book appeared. I have since gotten just about every major appearance in some form or another. The Legion is the only comic that I guarantee I will always buy.

What I do outside comics:

Writing: I am working on some DC & Marvel crossover Universe books at a fan fic website. Been really good for me in getting ready to finally start my dream Legion project.

Reading: Not to much lately. I love King (horror) and Turtledove (Alt History). I am waiting to red the last few books of the Left Behind series until next year. I am going to start rereading them (all 12 once the last one is published) in January.

Television: Not too much in reality. I love Law and Order (the original series, although I am getting into Criminal Intent more. Just can't get into SVU for some reason.) I love Unwrapped on Food Network. I watch some History Channel, or A&E crime stuff.

Music: Really Eclectic taste. Some faves are Sting, The Dave MAtthews Band, John Mayer and Billy Joel.

Movies: I love movies. All kinds. Don't get out to the movies very oftem though...and renting is not that pressing right now.

Play: I spend a bit of time playing with my daughter. Everything from Care Bears to Fisher Prices' Loving Family.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#174817 10/02/03 08:22 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Bevis:
Name: Bevis (no, really, that is my name.)

Where I live: Well according to most people I know 'in a world of my own' but also Manchester, UK.

What I do: Well my job title is 'Information Assistant' but I pretty much always call myself 'Librarian' (hence the old Lucien id) but when you get down to it I'm one of those administration people that kind of do a bit of everything. Look after the library, do the travel arrangements, stationery orders. All that sort of gubbins. Plus I do comics as well which is sort of at the stage where I'm just about moving from amatuer to semi-professional. Not earning any money from it yet but it's just a matter of time dammit. laugh

Legion info: It's all the LMBPs fault. No, really. Up until a few years back I'd never read anything with the Legion in apart from the Zero Hour trade and considering I'd only got back into comics fairly recently then they were just another bunch of characters that I didn't recognise. Anyway so there I was quite happily minding my own business on the onder Woman boards when the LMBP crashed in on one of the road-trips. And they caught me, dammit. Got me all interested in the LMBP and as such in the Legion. I think Legion Lost had just started when I was told about LSH and #2 was the first one I picked up. I got a few back issues as well and the trade of the first few issues of the post Zero Hour relaunch and I've been hooked since. Favourite era... well, the current one but that's coz I've not really read any others. laugh Fave characters are Umbra, Timberwolf and Invisible Kid. I could easily do without the Shamelss Hussy or the Dumb Jock though.

What I do outside comics: Ummm... not much. Heh heh. Major Buffy and Angel fan, and I've recently gotten into CSI but apart from that i don't really watch much TV at all. Oh, Sex & The City and Will & Grace too I guess. Plus Neighbours, but that's the hubbys fault.

Pretty much all of my spare time I spend drawing or painting or writing though. I have an over-active imagination but luckily also have artistic ability so I can find a release for all the pictures and stories banging round in my head. If'n I couldn't it'd drive me mad. Also read a hell of a lot and love going to the cinema. And of course there's Chris, my hubby, who I spend a lot of time with, whether that be bickering on the phone, vegging out in front of the telly on a Friday night or getting absolutely trolleyed and dancing like a... well, like a great big poof. tongue

Musically I'm so obviously gay. Kylie, Abba, Shirley Bassey (saw her in concert a few weeks back. If you ever get the chance go see her, she's faaaaabulous), Indigo Girls, Annie Lennox, k d lang. Plus stuff that I've inherited (in a way) from my mum; Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen, Eliza McCarthy, opera in general but especially Puccinni and Verdi. And i love musicals. Not all musicals though. I hate, *hate* Andrew Lloyd Webber (with the possible exception of Evita) and really have a fondness for the darker or less mainstream musicals. Chicago (the stage version is much better than the film), Rocky Horror, Blood Brothers (probably my favourite of all), Into The Woods, Sweeney Todd, Best Little Whorehouse In Texas, stuff like that.

Yeesh, basically I'm a very stereotypical queen. heh heh.
great profile Bevis !!! you always write great replies !!!

i can't believe we still haven't met, yet !!! we've got to do something about that .....

Matthew.

#174818 10/02/03 09:30 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Name Mike (yeah another Mike or Michael) but can call me "MD"
Age 33 (another 30's - laugh )
Where you live Sunny North California cool
What you do my job, you mean? If so, then I work as a rehabilitation counselor for the deaf.

Legion info: favorite characters - Superboy, Saturn Girl, Brainiac 5. I started reading the Legion, so much due to my best friend's influence on me, he brought them to school and shared them with me and we read them together and talked, play-roled, and commented on them. The first Legion I saw when he brought it to me - S/LSH #203 - death of Invisible Kid.

My first Legion issue that I BOUGHT after begging my Dad to take me to 7-11 (ah, old days where 7-11 was more accessible for comics!) and I saw the S/LSH #231 (or 230?) the first giant book featuring the Fatal Five. "The Day Universe Dies" or something like that. Whoa. That book is now being worn out since I have been reading that book all over again and again...my favorite first book! so Proud of it. Hey, it s still in a good condition. wink

Other things you like (movies, books, music, etc.): Movies - B-movies (so campy!!), any Sci-Fi, Horror, Action movies, some comedy (depends on who...), Mystery....

NO music for me - unfortunately since I cannot hear the music. frown

Books - Harry Potter smile (at least I am NOT alone! I read that for a guilty pleasure but at the same time, was pretty impressed with the author!), Science/Mystery/Horror. No Romance please! Too mushy and sad and blah. Not for me.

Anything else that you want to share? : Oh yes, I play in sports - Baseball, Softball, Football, Racquetball, Tennis, etc....I also play Heroclix..gotta love that!!! Anyway if someone wants a Live Wire, Saturn Girl, or Cosmic Boy (and future Legionnaires - at least three) clixes, let me know ASAP - I have extra of them at home. smile

#174819 10/02/03 09:34 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'll take them.

I have cash or some trade for ya.

I know I have a Mike Grell autographed issue around. Plus some others.

Let me know what ya need.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#174820 10/02/03 09:45 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dev - PMed you! smile

Page 2 of 71 1 2 3 4 70 71

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,288
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ricardo
Ricardo
Brasil
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star