Roll Call
1 members (Lard Lad), 17 Murran Spies, and 7 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:30 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/24/24 09:11 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
LMBP DCUOnline?
#296681 10/07/11 09:33 AM
Leader
OP Offline
Leader
I know it's not the greatest game in the world, but I still think it's pretty fun. Does anyone here play it?

Remember : It's not technically a suckerpunch if you yell ''DEFEND YOURSELF SPROCKER!'' two seconds before you let him have it.
Re: LMBP DCUOnline?
#296682 10/07/11 10:03 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Welcome back!

I played it for a bit.

Got a speedster / guns / gadgeteer up to max level and kind of wilted when I realized how many missions it would take to get the 'cool armor' and that the only 'cool armor' I really liked was the Magic based stuff (and my character was Science based!).

(Meanstreak's theme was that the process that imbued him with super-speed affected his mind as well as his body, and that he assembled his gadgets at super-speed on the fly, from parts in his backpack.)

I also toyed around with a plant-controlling tophat wearing voodoo kid, a fire-throwing martial artist, etc. but Meanstreak was the only one that got past 20th or so.

I ended up making one of each origin type, on each side, so that I could play through the various Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman arcs, and the Luthor/Joker/Circe arcs. (I love Michelle Forbes and her rich smokey voice, really I do, but gosh, her voice work as Circe was *way* over-the-top!)

At the moment, my subscription is lapsed, but it's going free to play soonish, so I might play a bit more. I kinda hated the six button limitations and all the mouse combinations. I have never, in my life, played an Xbox/console type game, so I was utterly boggled by things like 'left click 3 times, then right click for a second, then left click again to activate a power that you needed five seconds ago...'

Huge, huge misstep, IMO, limiting people with a keyboard to having to pretend they only had six buttons, and jump through the mouse-clicking hoops.

Still, very, very fun to get involved in fights between Dr. Fate and Felix Faust, or Wonder Girl and Giganta, or Parasite and Power Girl, or Gorilla Grodd and the Flash! The Bane / Killer Croc fight was particularly fun, as was the Poison Ivy / Robin fight. Fighting the Trigon-possessed Raven (and all of the other Teen Titans) was brutal!

Loved getting movement powers right out of the box (City of Heroes made you wait until 14th level, IIRC), and loved, loved, LOVED, that super-speedsters could run up walls. (In COH, you had to run around, which was painful, and everybody just took Flight or Super-Jumping.)

Loved the costume control, being able to add or remove components after 'discovering' them.

Loved the Watchtower and the Hall of Doom. Wow, such incredible places!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,928
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
CreativityKid
CreativityKid
Pawtucket, RI
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star