Roll Call
1 members (idle, idle), 46 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/29/24 07:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/29/24 06:59 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:04 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12
Who the heck was in your weird dream last night?
#306674 01/14/05 09:19 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Well? Was it a celebrity, a fictional character, or maybe even…a LWer? Everyone has those kind of dreams, although not as often as others (if they remember them).

I had a weird one last night, and my guest in the dream: Paris Hilton. And strangely, it wasn’t the type of dream you think I’d have with her…instead, we were just hanging out, going on some strange road trip with my bro. We were being chased by some bad guys though and one of them had a knife or something. I remember Paris finding some strange secret passage way out of my room though.

Anyone else have any weird dreams lately, or should I just lay off the Gyro and fries at the diner, and stop reading Sandman TPB’s so late at night?

Re: Who the heck was in your weird dream last night?
#306675 01/14/05 02:53 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I recently dreamed that I was riding home from western New york state on a bicylce, at night (in my dream it was short ride, of course). I was riding down Schoarie Turnpike, an old backroad I used to drive regularly, and was going pretty fast, but it was near pitch-dark. I heard something charging out of the woods, and knew it was a bear chasing me, but I outran it by pedaling faster...

So then the dream continues. I've gotten home (not to any recent home, but the house I grew up in. haven't set foot inside in a decade), in my old room, and the bear has somehow caught up with me - it's sniffing around the room, while I'm lying still, in bed, hoping not to be noticed (oddly, in real life, I'm not afraid of east coast bears).

So, I'm tapping on the floor, hoping to attract the attention of my co-workers Mark and Sue, who for reasons unexplained are in the kitchen (of a house neither have ever set foot in) (not certain what they would do, anyway), afraid to yell out, but knowing that' the only way I'll get their attention...

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#306676 01/15/05 02:46 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Don't know if it's weird, but I hate those dreams in which I'm reading a comic book and go to turn the page, and wake up. I've had that one several times, never with "regular"/no-graphics books.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#306677 01/15/05 09:25 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I dreamt I was in Wing Commander.

Not the crappy movie, but the original Origin computer game. Everything looked like it did in the original graphics, except all my squad members were hard rock/metal singers. Plant, Ozzy, Dio, Roth, Hagar, Halford, Lemmy, Bruce Dickinson, Klaus Meine, you get the idea.

Our commander was Lee Marvin. All of the enemy looked like Don Kirshner. We flew the last mission of the old game, where you go after the big enemy starbase. Halford's mechanics wanted some other guy to pilot the ship instead, but we overruled them. We took off as soon as someone found a high chair so Dio could reach his controls.

We lost Hagar when he crashed and burned in an asteroid field (someone in the dream pointed out his ship could never move the way Roth's could). We lost Dickinson in combat with the Kirshners a few clicks from the target. We blew up the base, but I don't recall how. Last thing I do recall is Lemmy asking if he could be awarded the Iron Cross instead of the normal medal.

I love dreams.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#306678 01/15/05 03:09 PM
Active
Active
Not entirely a "who," but just before this latest Legion book came out, I had a nightmare that I got it and it was horrible. I couldn't believe how horrible it was. I mean, an "Adventures of Magno and Lori Morning" miniseries couldn't be as bad as I dreamed the book was. I don't remember details on what made it this bad, just that I was kvetching with friends on how I couldn't believe just how unbelievably awful the book was.

Thank goodness, it doesn't look like I'm developing precognition!

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#306679 01/15/05 03:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As visitors to the DR. GYM'LL forum know, I recently had a dream that there was a HECKLER # 7!

Of course, the title was cancelled with # 6.

Damn my dream-self for not taking the book out of its polybag and reading it before I went on to dream of lighter things! *sigh!*

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#306680 02/01/05 09:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Last night I had my first Legion dream (that I can recall).

It started out as a sort of interactive episode of Smallville, and Cos suddenly turns up in full Silver Age pink glory in the middle of the Kent farmhouse, and no one but me seems to realize right away.

Then there's a confused transition to some 30th Century battle (it made sense at the time), and the entire Legion, led by two Luornus weilding Brainy's force-shield belt, has to flee back to our time.

Some legionaires (Cos and Lu) were pure preboot (Lu was late Levitz), but most were Reboot, plus there were a few unnamed, odd legionaires tossed out by my imagination that I half-attributed to 'Black Dawn' era at the time.

Anyway, everyone arrives in modern times at a tower with some sort of broadcast array seemingly a mile high, atop an already-tall skyscraper.

The legionaires rain down at this structure (somehow I'm now among them), and Superboy fighting some large foe comes crashing down into the array.

I and other legionaires are hanging onto the array's metal skeleton for dear life (why we can't fly anymore is beyond me, and its a loooong way down), and I' starting to figure a way to start sliding down when the alarm goes off..

#306681 02/02/05 04:12 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Who, you ask? My high-school girlfriend from 28 years ago.

What, you beg? I'm not going to tell you.

Except that some friends from my years in Chicago showed up in the room to kibitz on the, er, proceedings ...

#306682 02/02/05 06:06 AM
Active
Active
Emma Frost wandered through my dreams yesterday, which is strange on several levels...

J

"Why must power be so elusive?" - Zoe Saugin
Enter Zoe\'s Closet
#306683 02/02/05 03:54 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
Last night I had my first Legion dream (that I can recall).

It started out as a sort of interactive episode of Smallville, and Cos suddenly turns up in full Silver Age pink glory in the middle of the Kent farmhouse, and no one but me seems to realize right away.

Then there's a confused transition to some 30th Century battle (it made sense at the time), and the entire Legion, led by two Luornus weilding Brainy's force-shield belt, has to flee back to our time.

Some legionaires (Cos and Lu) were pure preboot (Lu was late Levitz), but most were Reboot, plus there were a few unnamed, odd legionaires tossed out by my imagination that I half-attributed to 'Black Dawn' era at the time.

Anyway, everyone arrives in modern times at a tower with some sort of broadcast array seemingly a mile high, atop an already-tall skyscraper.

The legionaires rain down at this structure (somehow I'm now among them), and Superboy fighting some large foe comes crashing down into the array.

I and other legionaires are hanging onto the array's metal skeleton for dear life (why we can't fly anymore is beyond me, and its a loooong way down), and I' starting to figure a way to start sliding down when the alarm goes off..
Now that I think on it, I'm pretty sure Pov and Stargazer turned up briefly, too, wandering around the Kent farm.

#306684 02/04/05 11:56 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Kent, cool Legion dream! I want Cos to show up in mine and offer me LSH membership! Then we can slap everyone together!

Grey, I like those dreams myself (well, except people walking in on you). I recently had a dream about an old high-school g/f too, although it was only about 8 years ago that we were together.

I kinda remember having a dream relating to Legion World recently, about how I haven’t been posting as much and need to get back to doing so. I wonder if LWers were in it? If LWers were in my dream, I wonder if they’d look like their avatars?

#306685 02/04/05 09:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Quite possibly, which would be rather amusing.

Last night I dreamed I tried out for the Legion. Except this Legion consisted of everybody I hated in high school.

Sometimes I think my subconscious hates me.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#306686 02/05/05 02:50 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
So tonight you can dream that you found the Legion of Super-Villains - and triumph!

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#306687 02/06/05 11:36 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Outdoor Miner:
Quite possibly, which would be rather amusing.

Last night I dreamed I tried out for the Legion. Except this Legion consisted of everybody I hated in high school.

Sometimes I think my subconscious hates me.
lol

#306688 02/06/05 01:36 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Last night I dreamed about a small, vicious little animal -sort of part dog, part deer/moose- about three feet high at the shoulders, with sharp antlers, chasing me around.

#306689 02/06/05 02:37 PM
Active
Active
A 3-foot tall half-dog half-moose chasing you around?

Did he look something like the animal in this picture: http://www.anime-dreamgate.de/images/One%20Piece/group7.jpg

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#306690 02/06/05 05:20 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
no, much bigger, on four legs, and with a guard-dog mouth and growl.

#306691 02/06/05 11:11 PM
Active
Active
Maybe if he went rabid, then...

科学の使者、キュアドクス!
#306692 02/07/05 06:26 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I dreamt i read the next issue and was anxious to get home and make some posts about it. I can't actually remember what was in the comic, but it was some manner of bombshell. Anyhoo, i spent the entire dream trying to get home, so i could post, but i never could get there....(think this eventually turned into some sort of chase dream.........)

#306693 04/28/07 09:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I have a reccurring dream that has become my favorite. I have dubbed it "the Nichelle's apartment dream".

One of the first new friends I made in college was this girl named Nichelle (yes, she was named after TV's Lt. Uhura).

I even lived with her for about a month back in my early 20s. Her apartment then was the top level of an old, large midtown house.

So, not too long ago, I began recalling the Nichelle's apartment dreams I kept having.

In them, I am living with Nichelle again, only her apartment is this colossal, never-ending gigantic place.

Each room leads to another room, some with decked-out incredible furniture, some with themes, some sparsely decorated. Stairs will be around any corner, leading to even more cool rooms.

In every dream, I am exploring, checking stuff out-- but NOT lost or scared or anything. I'm just amazed at how big Nichelle's aprtment is and happy to be living there.

I usually have the dream if I take an afternoon nap. I had it today.

This time, my stepsister Shelly was there, also apparently having just moved in. Her bedroom was huge, with a super-long bed that had 3 comforters (all the same). We were talking about how awesome and huge the place was, and decided to go explore.

Apparently, Nichelle's apartment has it's own goldfish pond and a pool on an upper level. The pool was covered though.

As usual, Nichelle was nowhere to be seen, although dream-me knew she was around somewhere.

In reality, I haven't seen or spoken to Nichelle in about a decade.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#306694 04/29/07 12:11 AM
Leader
Leader
No kidding. I was working on some drawings for a thread in bits featuring half naked Legion guys and I started dreaming about guess what?...half naked Legion guys. It happened about three or four nights in row. They were very vague dreams, but still kind of cool.

#306695 04/29/07 12:30 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
My roommates and this scary squirrel. It was a nightmare and... rather embarrassing, actually. Let's just say it wasn't one of my finer moments. wink Dang rodents.

#306696 04/29/07 04:05 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The other night I had a very interesting--and slightly disturbing--dream that featured soap opera hunk Ty Treadway.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#306697 04/30/07 12:48 AM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I'm pretty darned sure I've had some LMB-themed dreams. Can't remember any details, though. frown

Think I may've met (the real-life) Cobalt once or twice in dreams maybe.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#306698 04/30/07 11:17 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
That was actually me using my super-powers to communicate with you via dreams. I try to do that often to LMBers to battle dream-monsters. My spells of forgetfullness don't always work after though, as demonstrated here.

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,314
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
TiJulk MrAsz
TiJulk MrAsz
Vyrga
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star