Roll Call
1 members (Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller, Chaim Mattis Keller), 8 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 04/16/24 05:48 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/16/24 05:21 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by Harbinger - 04/16/24 03:02 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/16/24 01:53 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 04/16/24 01:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by stile86 - 04/16/24 01:52 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/15/24 07:21 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 04/15/24 09:29 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12
Re: Who the heck was in your weird dream last night?
#306699 02/22/11 03:05 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
oooh, it was awesome through the miracle fo facebook to tell Nichelle about my recurring dream!

As for tonight's dream:

[Linked Image]

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#306700 02/23/11 09:43 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In the last 10 years I find that I cannot remember my dreams all that much anymore! frown

#306701 02/23/11 03:44 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I usually dream that I'm back at a job I haven't held in six years. tongue

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#306702 02/23/11 05:32 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
ugh, do I really want to admit this? I once had a dream about Steve Guttenberg... yep, Mahoney himself... guess it could have been worse... it could have been that guy who makes all the annoying sound effects...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#306703 02/23/11 06:10 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I must have watched too much Supernatural recently, because the Winchesters were in a dream I had last night.

My subconscious guest-cast me as the monster of the week, so they were mostly trying to kill me. I woke up after having been thrown off a rooftop, feeling like I'd just fallen into bed.

Now I want revenge! Mean monster-hunters!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#306704 03/07/11 10:08 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Hey Sharky, Guttenberg was all the rage back in the diz-zay! He was hot stuff!

Well, EDE and Mattropolis were both in a segment of one of my dreams last night!

I just awoke from a late-morning dream that was so horriffic and scary, I had to take a blood pressure pill. It involved my Grandfather, a demon-ish monster, and me hiding in the closet at my Grandparents as the glow the monster gave off and the sound of its cackling drew closer... very disturbing.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#306705 03/07/11 08:58 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The radio is my morning alarm. This morning I incorporated the two news commentators into my dream. They were discussing an anonymous news source, and in my dream I knew where he was and kept trying to get the newspeople to follow me to him. They ignored me and kept talking. Very rude!

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#306706 03/27/11 05:49 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I wonder if Don Heck has been featured in the dreams of any LMB posters...

hmmm

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#306707 03/27/11 06:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
... Monkey's Paw! faint

#306708 03/27/11 07:25 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
I've had quite a few weird dreams in the past year, some of which I noted down when I wake up before I forget, and which can be bizarrely detailed in that dream-logic way.

Here's three of those sets of notes smile :
Six characters, including Spider-Man, Wolverine, Wonder Man, some female apprentice of Dr Strange* and two others I can't remember find out they've got "wires" of some sort embedded in them that periodically give them fits, and they have something to do with the Scarlet Witch. They eventually figure to tug on them simultaneously, and it takes them back to the end of HoM, where they see a figure wrapped in a duct tape cocoon held very high in the air by the wires, joined to some castle towers. They have to get the figure out using them.

They fail, the figure goes splat, and past-Wanda turns everyone into really fat pigs rather than saying "no more mutants".

Fortunately, they manage to try again and do it right this time, releasing a sane Wanda, who pulls them back to the present as they left it. She then does a bunch of stuff to find out what's been happening (astrally time-travelling), gets very self-hating, and reverses M-Day.

A few days later, Spider-Man is talking to her on the internet, she misreads some retorical questions and posts a very detailed history of him. He then goes over to see her, finds she's got fat from being so self-hating, and asks her to reverse OMD. She tries, time-travelling to the Mephisto moment (and in the process setting up Spider-Man to be one of the wirees at the start) vbut Quesada actually physically steps in and stops her, and she goes back and tells Peter that she can't.

*There was a scene where Strange's assistant is just in street clothes, and Spider-Man tells her to put on a costume. She refuses, they argue, and eventually she ends up in a yellow version of Dr Strange's base costume with a paper bag on her head just to shut him up.
*It was Wanda's trip through spider-history at the end that led her to timey wimey make him one of the wirees at the start*
Wolverine tried to use the Phoenix Force to bring Jean back, dumping Frost's body in the firey pit to use as fuel (hidden beneath tin foil, beneath rice, beneath a cooker). Instead, it spat out "Phoenixed" Wolver-clones onto a street a few days later - the first two relatively normal except for having five-bladed adamantium swords, and then it went downhill from there in the (seven?) others that popped out - some others I can't remember, and one that was just an immobile adamantium column. Not even Wolverine-shaped, just a column.

Rachel Summers saw the first one pop out, and called Cyclops, who didn't want to leave his seat with various X-Men at the nearby something-or-other, and sent the real Wolverine first. Who couldn't pull out the multiple-bladed swords Rachel had driven into the ground to get out the way, until she pulled one out for him, which weakened the ground enough for the first Wolverphoenix to get his sword back, and they fought.

Meanwhile, Cyclops thought about going to help, and sent a load of other clawed/blade-using characters instead. Cue mass-brawl. Eventually, Rachel figures out that using magnets on the Columnverine makes the others freeze and start twitching, and claw-force decapitate all of the previously-mobile ones.

Wolverine then leaves the X-Men, convinced he'd be kicked off anyway, and is travelling through the train station afterward, talking to someone who actually was kicked off, when they pass the Hulk & family just after Wolverine mentions him.

Wolverine then bounces through an electrical store, sequing to Madelyne Pryor - who somehow pulled herself together in the midst of all the Phoenixy stuff - trying to use Jean's account to buy 502 lottery tickets. She struggles to get any assistants to pay attention to her, until she gets one who enjoys helping fraud [played by some actress who's name I can't remember but guested in the Vic/Bob Randall & Hopkirk (the nymphomaniac from the asylum episode)]. Madelyne then gets confused about the numbers she's picking, and how many weeks to spread it over. She eventually decides on seven weeks, but struggles to do 502/7.

Then I woke up.
*had various bizarre but rather fragmentary dreams last night, including Mario finding two freezers with a load of pheasants and other frozen meats in a redesigned version of one of the rooms from Mario 64, before finding a crack in the wall leading to a guide room, where three hybrid "ghost" versions of characters guarded three rooms with all the hints for the game - only the female one took offence at him getting a left/right question wrong, and directed hin into a pit that drained all his remaining lives... Which led to a bizarre "double or quits" minigame thing rather than a Game Over.

Also a party Hordak threw for the non-toy She-Ra characters, which a few others snuck into - including Skeletor & Trap-Jaw in the background!

Also, a sort of real-world/fantasy/disaster movie thing involving Farscape & nuBSG actors which I'm not sure how I begin to explain....

Oh, and there was one more involving bits of the USA ceding and merging with Canada, other bits of Canada splitting off, a female bodybuilder who'd let herself start getting fat, a spy who kept hijacking planes, but ditching them in the lake beside the runaway rather than landing out of incompetence, and the end result of all the border-redrawing looking vaguely like a Confederacy flag, which no-one noticed until I pointed it out...

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#306709 05/19/11 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Ram Boy:
No kidding. I was working on some drawings for a thread in bits featuring half naked Legion guys and I started dreaming about guess what?...half naked Legion guys. It happened about three or four nights in row. They were very vague dreams, but still kind of cool.
lol (on the outside)

<span style="font-size: 14px;"><font face="cursive">(jealous on the inside)</span></font f>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I seem to be going through one of those periodic phases where I don't remember my dreams at all. So really even if they'd all been encyclopedia salesmen wearing the living room drapes and Carrot Top wigs I'd still be jealous.</span></span>

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#306710 05/19/11 10:05 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Last night I dreamt I was getting a haircut.

I mean... really, subconscious? That's the best you can do?

I can't, like, make out with the cute stylist... or stop a robbery by jumping up with the scissors... or even have some bizarre surrealistic thing where everyone breaks into some Busby Berkeley musical number?

A haircut... sheesh.

#306711 05/20/11 12:01 AM
Active
Active
Well, it certainly wasn't Cobalt Kid and a flock of sheep, that's for sure.

♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦
#306712 05/20/11 02:40 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
In college we had to fill out a dream journal for an Anthropology & ESP class (all about shamanism and fakirs and fun stuff), with the intent of proving or disproving whether or not our dreams were precognitive or astral travelling or any of that jazz.

After a vivid lucid flying dream, where I was buzzing down the highway, passing various signs, going around the mountain between Ashland and Plymouth, passing under an overpass, etc. I woke up, wrote down the dream, and then walked that route the next day. No overpass.

Bah. I was almost convinced!

Still love the flying dreams, 'though. I've interrupted perfectly ordinary dreams when I realized I was dreaming and just took off into the sky.

Kinda odd, since, when I'm awake, I'm terrified of heights and can't even climb down a 10 ft. ladder without having to close my eyes and grit my teeth...

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#306713 05/20/11 08:24 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!

#306714 05/20/11 09:22 AM
I dreamt I had joined the Marines!

I was a captain and I was saluting a lieutenant colonel. Then, I lost my car keys down an elevator shaft but was able to retrieve them with a hanky donated by a lady in the elevator.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#306715 05/20/11 10:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by future king:
I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!
fk, we have Frito-Lay here, but "Free-to-lay" sounds like a whole different story.

"Everything about this is going to feel different." (Saturn Girl, Legion of Super-Heroes #1)
#306716 05/20/11 08:08 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I had a dream the other night that we (the LMB real life people) had a huge stage at a comic convention (like the size of SD Comicon) and were being treated like huge celebraties. Pretty cool actually.

...and if I know what you look like in real life...you were in it. Seriously.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#306717 05/20/11 09:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Legion Tracker:
Originally posted by future king:
[b]I have absolutely no idea why but for some strange reason I dreamt about Free-to-lay Chips last night!
fk, we have Frito-Lay here, but "Free-to-lay" sounds like a whole different story. [/b]
Oh, whoops! I would try and defend my innocence with that one, but who the heck would believe me on here? lol
Thanks so much for pointing it out though! tongue

#306718 05/20/11 09:16 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think that above post explains soooo much.

wink

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#306719 05/21/11 05:00 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I honestly couldn't say who was in my dreams last night. I haven't remembered any of my dreams in a long time now.

though Carol does tell me I have some strange conversations in my sleep.

Damn you, you kids! Get off my lawn or I'm callin' tha cops!

Something pithy!
#306720 05/21/11 05:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey make that two of us! Cathy says I fight with people in my dreams a lot. In real life I'm one of the calmest people you'll ever meet, very patient and polite.
I guess I take out all my frustrations throughout the day in my sleep! Oh well, at least it's healthier that way (?).
Well, except for poor Cathy!!! lol

#306721 06/04/11 04:59 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Daniel Radcliffe and Rupert Grint... I dreamed I was hanging out with them, asking them about the Harry Potter movies... I was kinda bummed they didn't like Simon Pegg...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#306722 06/04/11 10:42 AM
I had a pretty good Star Wars dream a couple of nights ago. The real Star Wars, not all that prequel crap.

#306723 06/05/11 08:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I dreamt about a week ago or so that I was running as hard as I could to get away from a giant ground sloth!?

Weird, I know.

Page 2 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,807
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
veryvery
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Harbinger
Harbinger
here, more often than not
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star