Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/24/24 12:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:50 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18
Re: When Legion Worlder met Legion Worlder......
#319681 02/05/09 09:25 PM
strange but not a stranger
I think I have had the most Legion Worlders in my house.

Kent, Loser Lad, & Outdoor Miner sleeping over for Wizard World Boston, Faraway came up for a gab session, and Pov to use my bathroom.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#319682 02/06/09 12:59 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I had a great time when I met my first (and only) Lwer...Kent.
We went on a bar hopping adventure. It was a little odd to be talking comics in a bar, but lots of fun.

#319683 02/06/09 03:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by LardLad:
Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed!
Rather, I think I'd be relieved. wink Just kidding!

The first time I met LWers was at Boston. Almost everyone else had arrived and was waiting together, so I got to meet them all at once and it was a great feeling, but a bit overwhelming! It took a while to call people by their real names and not their board names.

Cobie arrived the next day and I probably embarrassed him by kissing him (on the cheek, like Auntie Cramer). It's a common way to greet people where I was raised, in Quebec, but not much in the States.

I thought people matched their board personalities - not the outrageous fantasy stuff, but the way they spoke, their interests and opinions. Except Abin was more outrageous in real life...

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#319684 02/06/09 03:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#319685 02/06/09 06:27 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed! Lard Lad is kinda my pure unadulterated id let loose and ungoverned by my ego and superego. Real Lardy gets drunk maybe 2 or 3 times a year, has been married 15 years and reads and watches TV a lot. Boring, huh? *yawn*
well, truth be told ... I rarely bite people ... at least not the first time we meet ...

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water...
#319686 02/06/09 11:00 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by LardLad:
[qb] Cobie arrived the next day and I probably embarrassed him by kissing him (on the cheek, like Auntie Cramer). It's a common way to greet people where I was raised, in Quebec, but not much in the States.
Best part of WWBoston! smile

#319687 02/06/09 11:01 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....
Interesting! I thought the CJ/Cali/Cobie sleeping experience was unique laugh

#319688 02/06/09 11:47 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
You kids and your consarned bedhoppin... shake wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#319689 02/06/09 11:18 PM
Active
Active
None of the LWers I've met had ever seen a picture of me before -- so I usually had the element of surprise.

I met internet friends for the first time when I visited England. Not Faraway or Ultra Matthew, though -- I met both of them for the first time when they were visiting the US.

I've visited a couple of LWers' homes (two of Pov's), and a number have visited me, but only one LWer has been to my current residence (and he brought a nice housewarming present).

It's funny how everyone says Abin is more over-the-top in real life -- it's totally true. He also wears a distinctive hat, and is afraid of heights.

Cobie was actually quite shy when I first met him (in the company of Pov). By the second time we met, that had changed. I suspect Lardy'll be the same way when I eventually meet him. (He owes me a meal, by the way.)

I'm much more sedate than my online persona, except when I've had a couple of drinks. Then, all bets are off...

♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦
#319690 02/06/09 11:48 PM
Leader
Leader
As I've said before, I doubt I'll ever get to SD or NYC or even Dallas for a convention. I'm still planning to be at Heroes Convention in Charlotte, NC June 19-21, 2009. Here\'s more info. George Perez will be there, as well as Joe Staton and Adam Hughes!
I sent an email asking if they can get Franics Manapul, but I don't know.

My son and I went last year. Let me tell you, you can probably look up "Average White Guy" in the dictionary and my picture will be there. I'm basically very reserved too. I don't smoke, drink, or cuss (no, really), and I'll have been married 19 years by June, with two kids, a dog, and a ranch style house.

Now that I've built myself up so well, tongue , let me tell you this. There is a reataurant right across the street from the Convention Center called Matt's Chicago Dog. My son, Matt, thought it sounded like a good place to eat! It was crowded, but the service was quick and the food was good. There was a guy at the next table over who was probably in his early twenties. He had spiky jet black dyed hair, all kinds of piercings, a black book bag and black clothes, including the baggy jeans with the chains on them. He pulled out the comics he had bought. They were all Legion. Go figure.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in getting together there, we could do lunch at Matt\'s since that's the only place I know. My son will likely be with me and I would love the chance to freak him out discussing comics with you guys.

Long Live all them Legions!
#319691 02/08/09 08:07 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
It was awesome meeting the guys at NYCCC this weekend ... Quis, Exnihil & I got something to eat Saturday afternoon and talked (mostly) Legion ... it felt like, "Hey, somebody finally gets it" ... too cool ...

<splash>

#319692 02/08/09 08:28 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
My friends here in Houston have heard me talk about Legion World--a lot--but most of them couldn't care less about comics, so none have ever had the slightest interest it (their loss laugh ). When I told them that I was going to San Diego for Comic Con to meet up with people I'd never met in person--three of whom would be my roommates for the con (Seymour, Director and Kent)--some of them were actually concerned. :rolleyes:

I found I was more interested in just hanging out with my Legion World buddies than going to Con panels--I only went to two or three--so I staffed the Legion World booth a lot.

One fellow I hadn't met introduced himself to me a few days in and said "Rokk Steady", to which I, not realizing he was introducing himself said, "No, Rockhopper." Then we both laughed.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#319693 02/08/09 09:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I've attended Legion World get together's in Boston, Vegas, and San Diego (twice, 06 & 08) and the only reason I even go is to meet and have a blast with the wonderful people of our little group.

I don't drink, or smoke, and my language is nowhere near as "colorful" as it once was, so I completely fail to understand why Cobie, Bull and others are trying to spread these completely unfounded rumors about my behavior.

rotflmao

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#319694 02/08/09 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[b]Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....
Interesting! I thought the CJ/Cali/Cobie sleeping experience was unique laugh [/b]
I was in bed with Fat Cramer and Faraway Lad and Gigglebot girl separately and together. I think STU also. Abin declined to get in bed with me.

#319695 02/08/09 09:37 PM
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b] Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed! Lard Lad is kinda my pure unadulterated id let loose and ungoverned by my ego and superego. Real Lardy gets drunk maybe 2 or 3 times a year, has been married 15 years and reads and watches TV a lot. Boring, huh? *yawn*
well, truth be told ... I rarely bite people ... at least not the first time we meet ... [/b]
That's true. Shark Lad diod not bite me on Friday. On Saturday though...

#319696 02/08/09 09:38 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by Abin Quank:
I don't drink, or smoke, and my language is nowhere near as "colorful" as it once was, so I completely fail to understand why Cobie, Bull and others are trying to spread these completely unfounded rumors about my behavior.

rotflmao
It's the hat. Gotta be the hat.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#319697 02/08/09 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
My friends here in Houston have heard me talk about Legion World--a lot--but most of them couldn't care less about comics, so none have ever had the slightest interest it (their loss laugh ). When I told them that I was going to San Diego for Comic Con to meet up with people I'd never met in person--three of whom would be my roommates for the con (Seymour, Director and Kent)--some of them were actually concerned. :rolleyes:

Someone's wife thought I might try to murder him.

#319698 02/08/09 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
[b]I don't drink, or smoke, and my language is nowhere near as "colorful" as it once was, so I completely fail to understand why Cobie, Bull and others are trying to spread these completely unfounded rumors about my behavior.

rotflmao
It's the hat. Gotta be the hat. [/b]
No, it was when he stole the ashcan copies from the DC booth at WizardWorld Boston.

#319699 02/09/09 05:11 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
[b]
[b]Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....
Interesting! I thought the CJ/Cali/Cobie sleeping experience was unique laugh [/b]
I was in bed with Fat Cramer and Faraway Lad and Gigglebot girl separately and together. I think STU also. Abin declined to get in bed with me. [/b]
Only because my Ceej gets jealous so quickly...

With a Power Ring...
#319700 02/09/09 06:46 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by SharkLad:
[b]
[b] Dude, I have built such a wild, crazy, over-the-top persona on the boards, I know anyone who ever meets me wouldn't be able to help but be disappointed! Lard Lad is kinda my pure unadulterated id let loose and ungoverned by my ego and superego. Real Lardy gets drunk maybe 2 or 3 times a year, has been married 15 years and reads and watches TV a lot. Boring, huh? *yawn*
well, truth be told ... I rarely bite people ... at least not the first time we meet ... [/b]
That's true. Shark Lad diod not bite me on Friday. On Saturday though... [/b]
yeah, but not in bed ...

#319701 02/16/09 08:06 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Well, I'll have you all know that I am basically exactly the same in person as online... except I talk more. MUCH MORE. Poor Nighty was ready to slap some duct tape over my mouth more than once, I think. wink

But I've always had fun meeting people online in person. I started with friends from character-based RPs, so it wasn't nearly as awkward when I met my first Legion Worlder (Cobie).

I will say that meeting a big group was more intimidating, especially when there was all that TRAIN DRAMA for me at SDCC '06. But I wouldn't have come to SDCC again in '08 if not for the awesome, awesome time I had two years before.

Oh! And I just bought my ticket to Wondercon. Will anyone else be attending? Lemme know! I plan to stalk creators once again... and probably Twitter update frequently like the OCD fangirl I am. laugh

#319702 02/16/09 08:39 PM
Active
Active
I don't drink, or smoke ...
You don't smoke anymore?

What'd you do with that "Chuck's Butts" ashtray some thoughtful LWer bought ya in Vegas a few years back?

♦ Translated from 31st century Texan to 21st century English ♦
#319703 02/16/09 09:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Caliente:
Well, I'll have you all know that I am basically exactly the same in person as online... except I talk more.
Yes you do, and that is definitely not a bad thing (whether Nighty agrees or not).

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#319704 02/16/09 11:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
[b]
[b] </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
<strong>Oh, and I think Quis is trying to set a record for being in bed with the most Legion Worlders. I lost count at San Diego....
I was in bed with Fat Cramer and Faraway Lad and Gigglebot girl separately and together. I think STU also. Abin declined to get in bed with me. [/b]
Only because my Ceej gets jealous so quickly...</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Arial, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">When ya kiss like that, can ya blame me!?

Just spouting off.
#319705 02/17/09 06:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Raging Bull:
[b]I don't drink, or smoke ...
You don't smoke anymore?

What'd you do with that "Chuck's Butts" ashtray some thoughtful LWer bought ya in Vegas a few years back? [/b]
It sits on my desk next to the Stratosphere Mug we each received, filled with change, keys, and candy.

With a Power Ring...
Page 2 of 18 1 2 3 4 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,921
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ricardo
Ricardo
Brasil
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star