Roll Call
2 members (razsolo, razsolo, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo, razsolo), 14 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:21 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by razsolo - 03/28/24 06:18 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Random LMBP and Legion World Memories
#337860 03/12/10 07:14 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Originally posted by Kent Shakespeare:
A fine dessert has come at last
So soft as if a dream
Pudding, pudding, my repast
topped with fresh whipped cream
Good times.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#337861 03/12/10 07:16 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
You know, when we picked the first LMB Leader, it was LardLad who was elected. And now as the 10 year anniversary arrives its kind of fitting it coincides with the end of Lardy's 2nd term. Its all very cyclical.

#337862 03/12/10 08:44 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I chuckled pretty hard the first time Teeds called me pipsqueak. It gets funnier every time since laugh

#337863 03/12/10 08:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Stealth:
[b]A fine dessert has come at last
So soft as if a dream
Good times.[/b]
Ha!
wow, I'd forgotten all about that!

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#337864 03/12/10 08:50 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I will freely admit to creating a id named Bounty with two other un-named posters to get Grey goat. We shared the id for a while and had a syntax for how they spoke so any of us could post without it seeming obvious.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#337865 03/12/10 08:56 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I remember being amazed at 1st meeting Cobie in person, in a parking lot just off of I-90.

We'd barely gotten greetings done with and he was already diving into discussion about the then-current role play! Something else else to do with Red Bee. Gods, what a geek! I knew then an there we'd get along great!

If I died tomorrow (no plans, don't worry), I'd truly regret not getting to meet so many of you whom I haven't (especially those of you posting tonight).

#337866 03/12/10 08:56 PM
[b]
[b]A fine dessert has come at last
So soft as if a dream
Good times.[/b]
Ha!
wow, I'd forgotten all about that! [/b]
And how's this for symmetry? I went out to eat the other day with my mother and a friend of hers, and I had chocolate pudding for dessert.

#337867 03/12/10 09:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I remember me and Pov on the Phineas board talking about Teeds, and then she posted to let us know she was there! We were afraid of her oniscience from then on....

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#337868 03/12/10 09:23 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
with good reason!

#337869 03/12/10 09:26 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
When we were in Boston, LMB: Infinite Crisis had literally been running for about 3 months. Thus, the 12 (or so) of us had dinner together and Abin, Cru, Kent, Far, myself and many others plotted out how the whole thing should eventually end. It was the first ever LMB creative/editorial summit!

#337870 03/12/10 09:50 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
One of my standout memories is that I had the honor of being elected deputy leader (with Stu as leader) back in 2003/04. However, I had such trouble keeping up with all the roleplaying that I quickly did what deputy leaders and vice presidents have done since time immemorial: I faded into the background!

It also took me awhile to warm up to the inane threads that eventually became such a big part of the board. Now hardly a day goes by when I don't have something inane to post!

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#337871 03/12/10 09:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I remember pre-"Legion of Message board posters" when Lardi found out I was gay, likely on his WHO ARE YOU thread, which is the true point where we all began to get to know each other. He seemed a little surprised. I remember being a little concerned I let that info out at first, but it quickly became a non-issue.

Then came all the gay flirting...

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#337872 03/12/10 10:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You're GAY!?!?!?!?!?!

wink

#337873 03/12/10 10:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
lol

#337874 03/12/10 10:01 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Sheesh! Does that mean we have to cancel the message board?

#337875 03/12/10 10:04 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
It was funny when Space Tart (in her original version) was revealed to be Lash; this is after *heavy* flirting between Spacey and myself for weeks. I took it all in stride and caught on to a noticeable trend: the more I flirted with the female Alt IDs of gay posters, the more Cobalt Kid became a legendary ladies man in LMB lore. I've been milking it ever since wink

#337876 03/12/10 10:12 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Heh heh...you said milking it.

#337877 03/12/10 10:17 PM
Active
Active
I Rhuv Shady!

#337878 03/12/10 10:27 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Originally posted by MLLASH:
We were afraid of her oniscience from then on....
Let's check the dictionary...

Oni:

in Japanese folklore, a type of demonic creature often of giant size, great strength, and fearful appearance. They are generally considered to be foreign in origin, perhaps introduced into Japan from China along with Buddhism. Cruel and malicious, they can, nevertheless, be converted to Buddhism. Though oni have been depicted in various ways in Japanese legend and art, sometimes also as women, they are characteristically thought of as pink, red, or blue-grey in colour, with horns, three toes, three fingers, and on occasion with three eyes.

Hmm.

Hmmm.

#337879 03/12/10 10:29 PM
It's like I told you
Oni the lonely can play
Oni the lonely
Oni the lonely can play

#337880 03/12/10 10:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Beyond any doubt, my proudest moments are collaborating with EDE to write MATTER-EATER LAD: THE SERIES (I will NEVER stop finding ways to plug it!!) and Sketch Lad asking me to write a short STARSEARCHERS story for him (and then having him want to do a regular net-comic!!).

EDE and I just seemed so in-synch as co-writers (and this is with very little discussion about what we were going to write) and Dean has a rare talent for making the most out of very little.

Don't wanna embarrass you guys or myself, but I truly am proud of what we created and continue to create.

#337881 03/12/10 10:32 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Thriftshop Debutante:
[b] We were afraid of her oniscience from then on....
Let's check the dictionary...

Oni:

in Japanese folklore, a type of demonic creature often of giant size, great strength, and fearful appearance. They are generally considered to be foreign in origin, perhaps introduced into Japan from China along with Buddhism. Cruel and malicious, they can, nevertheless, be converted to Buddhism. Though oni have been depicted in various ways in Japanese legend and art, sometimes also as women, they are characteristically thought of as pink, red, or blue-grey in colour, with horns, three toes, three fingers, and on occasion with three eyes.

Hmm.

Hmmm.[/b]
Damn you, bourbon and diet pepsi!!

#337882 03/12/10 10:33 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
I remember pre-"Legion of Message board posters" when Lardi found out I was gay, likely on his WHO ARE YOU thread, which is the true point where we all began to get to know each other. He seemed a little surprised. I remember being a little concerned I let that info out at first, but it quickly became a non-issue.

Then came all the gay flirting...
Wow, I hope I didn't post anything too weird at the time! I actually have no recollection of reacting to your "outing". I wouldn't be too surprised if I 'stammered' a little--I was a little sheltered and never knew anyone who was openly gay at the time. It was definitely a new experience for me, but I never "ew, I don't like MLLASH any more cuz he's gay!"

In a way the LMB has been an education for me about sexual diversity. I was never anything resembling a hater before the LMB, mind you, but there was a certain mystery there and trepidation about the unknown, I suppose.

What I learned very quickly among the LMB is that gay people are just people like everyone else, and there was no reason to be shy or worried about it in any way. Since then, I've worked with some openly gay men in my workplace, and I laugh and cut up with them just like I would anyone else, regardless of what some of my less tolerant co-workers may think. A kid I currently work with teases me about being fat, and I tease him about what a travesty to human nature Celine Dion is! lol It's all good!

And of course....

Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
In the time I've been here, Rockhopper Lad has....and dated Lard Lad!
Last year, it just seemed like the most natural evolution in the world for my troubled Lard Lad character to explore a romantic relationship with the character who'd become his biggest confidante and most supportive friend. I was a little afraid to push it in that direction because I wasn't sure what everyone else would think about it.

Would everyone assume that I, Lardy the poster behind the character, was outing myself by taking this unprecedented (?) step in a roleplay? Sure, other posters had roleplay romances with males calling the shots behind the scenes, but in character these were still heterosexual relationships. What would it mean for an openly heterosexual poster to explore a homosexual relationship with his character and that of a homosexual character?

Ultimately, I went for it. The crazy thing is that Rocky and I never talked about developing this behind the scenes. We just let it happen, let it develop and Rocky ultimately let me make the big move in-character when Lardy declared his love for Rocky. I don't even know if John was expecting it! But on cue, Rocky let Lardy know that he reciprocated, and they consummated it right there with a kiss!

The hilarious thing is that the whole incident went with nary an OOC comment! I thought there'd be all kinds of commentary and stuff, but everyone just took it at face value and moved on! laugh

Now, my only worry is that the perennially tortured and dark Lard Lad may have to scrape and claw for his trademark angst because he'll be hard-pressed NOT to live happily ever after with Rocky! lol Ten years ago, that storyline woulda NEVER have been possible!

Since he and I have never planned or talked behind the scenes about the relationship, I'd be curious to know how John sees and saw the whole thing as it evolved.

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#337883 03/12/10 10:34 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It's like I told you
Oni the lonely can play
Oni the lonely
Oni the lonely can play
The Motels. Martha Davis. LOVED HER.

I even bought the special deluxe edition cd of The Motels' ALL FOUR ONE.

#337884 03/12/10 10:34 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
I have yet to take a look at Starsearchers but I intend to when I get the time.

But I do remember spending an ENTIRE DAY in the Summer of 2004 reading 24 pages of Matter-Eater Lad: the Series and marveling at what a brilliant, hilarious job you guys had done. Plant Lad and so many others suddenly became so freaking kewl! And I even got a character to be named after me for becoming your biggest fan! smile

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,270
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star