Roll Call
0 members (), 38 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 03/29/24 08:01 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/29/24 07:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/29/24 06:59 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:06 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:05 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/29/24 04:04 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: What is Your Legion World Story?
#338003 11/19/11 09:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Originally posted by future king:
[b]I know eh? (the "eh" is purely for my friend Dev's enjoyment)

Thanks you ever so much... [/b]
Take off eh! Hoser. tease

#338004 11/19/11 09:30 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Coo-oo-coo coo coo coo coo coo.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#338005 11/19/11 09:42 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Dev - Em:
Question, was Art a member before our stint on Superhero Chat? Or did he join us there?
I think he actually joined there.

One of the things I did after joining LW and then seeing Sharky return was make an effort to find as many old LMBers as possible and invite them here. I was able to track down Yellow Kid and Kid Therod and they both joined; 'Roo left soon after but Art became a major part of LW for years. This was also when Grey found Deddy!

#338006 11/19/11 09:57 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That's what I thought, but my old addled brain wasn't convinced. He stuck around SHC for quite a while as well.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#338007 11/19/11 11:26 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I was around longer than I thought then and managed to stick with the group as far a SHC, I remember having several "conversations" with Art from back in those days.

#338008 11/20/11 01:38 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
It's really hard for me to even talk about this. A decade or so ago I was incredibly miserable. There were just a number of things that seemed to be going wrong in my life, and I was really losing hope as to things ever getting better. Among other things there was a lot of crazy family stuff, plus there were people I thought were friends who turned out not to be, and I was feeling really lonely and isolated overall. So, I think I started re-reading the Legion and reading the Legion forums on the DCMBs as a bit of escapism from what I was going through. I enjoyed reading other people's opinions on the Legion, and eventually decided to join in and offer my own.

I chose "Eryk Davis Ester" as a screen name because one of my favorite issues when I was a kid was an old copy of Adventure #342 that I'd picked up at an antiques/arts and crafts festival we used to attend during the summer, and that issue contained the debut of this obscure character called "Calamity King". When I was about ten or eleven I had discovered that CK's real name was "E. Davis Ester" via Who's Who in the LSH, and since apparently I couldn't accept the fact that the "E." didn't stand for anything, I decided his name was "Eryk", which sounded like a nice Legion-y name. Little did I know that twenty-five years later people would be regularly referring to me as "Eryk".

Anyway, I guess I don't really remember much about my early days posting. I do remember that one of the earliest threads I started was on dangling plotlines from previous versions of the Legion. I didn't really get the LMB stuff at first, so I largely avoided it until the "Hot Summer Nights" thread. Somehow I became really involved in it and its successors, and gradually became a more prominent poster generally.

The first contact I ever had with anyone outside the boards proper was with Lard Lad, who had basically e-mailed me to tell me that MLLASH had guessed that I was an alt-ID of Lardy, and that he had "confessed" that this was so. So I basically agreed to let Lash think this, which he apparently did until the last day of the old DCMBs, when I revealed the truth.

Anyway, I was there through the various transitions until we found a home here on Legion World. And I've posted pretty regularly ever since. There was a point at which I really believed that I was quitting the boards for good, but I'm glad it didn't end up that way. Even though my interest in the Legion or in comics generally isn't all that great these days, it's still nice to be able to come here and chat about various things with a group of people that, for the most part, I really like and who seem to enjoy my presence.

I'm generally really happy at this point in my life despite the various ups and downs of life, and so it's not easy for me to get back into the mentality of where I was when I first joined the DCMBs. It's hard to imagine that had I not been going through such a rough patch back then, I might never have gotten involved in this website which has been a really important part of my life since then. Thanks to everyone for making it awesome.

#338009 11/20/11 02:04 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
My Legion World story is quite boring. I was on the DC boards. Can't remember how I got on them. When they closed down for the make-over. I tried Rob Whatshisname's board. Didn't end up going there much. But I think it was there where I saw people talking about Legion World. So, I came to Legion World. And 34k+ posts later, you guys haven't kicked me out yet. I mean how can I brag about getting kicked off message boards when you don't kick me out?
For someone with such a "boring" story, you sure have a lot of posts! tongue

Teeds, thanks for sharing all the links. Your story shows that we're united by more than just our love for the Legion!

And I love how Des, Lash and the others actively went on a recruiting spree to bring more people on-board. Maybe I should convince a couple of my friends to sign up...

EDE, thanks for sharing. Legion World was there for me during some bad times in high school, too. And I wish I had seen Lash's reaction when you revealed you WEREN'T an alt!

#338010 11/20/11 09:16 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I hate the idea that anyone or anything was ever keeping my EDE down! Anything or anyone who attempts to do so ever again will suffer my bitchy wrath! Unless its Teeds... if its Teeds, you're on your own.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#338011 11/20/11 05:53 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
I didn't know that E. Davis Ester was Calamity King's real name, so, all during his stint on the DC boards, I thought Eryk was using his real name.

Out of habit, I still refer to him as Eryk instead of EDE.

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#338012 11/20/11 10:56 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by LASHbrain:
I hate the idea that anyone or anything was ever keeping my EDE down! Anything or anyone who attempts to do so ever again will suffer my bitchy wrath! Unless its Teeds... if its Teeds, you're on your own.
Agreed! mad

The great positive is that Eryk rose to become one of the great leaders of this community! And with a cool hat too!

#338013 11/21/11 08:58 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
I started watching the Legion Cartoon on YouTube in late summer of 2008. (Thankfully, it had already been canceled, so I was saved the usual crushing guilt over pretty much every show I've liked in the last decade never making it past Season Two. :rolleyes: )

Don't ask me how I heard there was a cartoon in the first place. Some marketing genius at YouTube is probably to blame.

Aaaaanyway, I started writing fanfiction because of this. (I'd originally stopped writing the stuff about eight years after I quit seriously reading Big Two comics.) So this led me to fanfiction dot net, which in turn led to me hanging out with Legion cartoon fans.

When I'd read pretty much everything over there that I cared to, I used my search engine to scout for more fic. That's how I found out that Sarcasm Kid, who I already knew from fanfiction dot net, was hanging out over here. (I recognized Kent's name, too, because he'd posted a few chapters of his Camelot story over there.)

So remember, LMB: next time you see SK visiting, my presence is at least half his fault. The other half goes to the [censoreds] at [censored] Construction Company for firing me in early summer '08-- and consequently gifting me with so much free time coupled with so little free money: A surefire recipe for obsessive online fandom.

shrug

Ask a silly question...

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#338014 11/21/11 09:07 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
Cleome, we are blessed to have you here.

More than anything, it means Teeds and I are not the only women who post regularly on Legion World. I'm sure we all have our share of horror stories about being the token fangirl among fanboys.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#338015 11/21/11 09:12 PM
D'awww... Holt

So true, Dear Lady. So true. smirk (I'm eagerly awaiting the Worst Fanboy Moment In Your Personal History thread.)

Also, the absent portions of the Girl LMB contingent needs to <strike>revolt</strike> post much, much more often. [sulks]

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#338016 11/21/11 09:14 PM
I'll get working on that thread right away. It'll be so cathartic.

But I did forget to list Candlelight among the women who post here regularly. So sorry, Shady. shocked

#338017 11/21/11 09:16 PM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Although I don't have any terrible fanboy stories, I agree that I'm missing the chicks who haven't been posting lately...and the ones who haven't posted at all.

Come on, femmes. Do Imra proud.

#338018 11/21/11 09:25 PM
AUGH! I also forgot to list Emily Sivana!

Sorry, Emily.

#338019 11/21/11 09:30 PM
laugh I deliberately avoided listing names, because I knew I'd forget somebody!

lol

#338020 11/21/11 09:36 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by cleome45:

Also, the absent portions of the Girl LMB contingent needs to <strike>revolt</strike> post much, much more often. [sulks]
Still waiting for my beloved Fart Girl to post... frown

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#338021 11/21/11 09:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It will be alright, Fanfic Lady.

I have lots of stories to talk about from all the gaming sections I have posted on. One that leaps to mind is this massive Wonder Woman vs. Thor thread, which ended anticlimatically when the poster said it was the DCU Thor.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#338022 11/21/11 09:41 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
LEGION WORLD NEEDS SPACE-CHICKS!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#338023 11/21/11 09:44 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
LEGION WORLD NEEDS SPACE-CHICKS!
...WITH---

...er, nevermind. shocked

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#338024 11/21/11 09:46 PM
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
Originally posted by cleome45:
[b]
Still waiting for my beloved Fart Girl to post... frown [/b]
I always wonder if it's Britney Spears under a pseudonym, or at least somebody inspired by one of the more tasteless parodies of her music that I've ever been privileged to hear. hmmm

#338025 11/22/11 05:05 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Originally posted by Lard Lad:
[b]LEGION WORLD NEEDS SPACE-CHICKS!
...WITH---

...er, nevermind. shocked [/b]
With no testosterone.

Here's to more space-chicks!

#338026 11/22/11 06:11 AM
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Terrifyingly On-Topic.
Both men and women have testosterone.

#338027 11/22/11 06:41 AM
Unseen, not unheard
OP Offline
Unseen, not unheard
Oh, I knew that. Men have estrogen too, right?

I wonder if alien women would have testosterone, though.

hmmm

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,315
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Disdemona
Disdemona
Fort McMurray, AB
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star