Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 57 58
The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#347865 12/17/07 02:39 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
This is for everybody's use.

My Vent of the day:

My Dad has a wood pellet stove. The wood pellets come in 40 pound bags, which is too heavy for my dad to bring in from the garage. So usually every Sunday when I visit, I bring in 8-9 bags. Well this Sunday they were predicting a nasty Nor'Easter. So I called my brother (who lives in the same town as Dad) and asked him to go over and bring in the pellets as I might not make it over because of the storm. He said he would.

So Sunday morning, the storm is really raging. I could have made it, but I didn't want Dad out driving, even the short trip to the train station to get me. So, I call him to say that I'm not coming. I also ask if my brother had come to bring in pellets. My Dad said that my nephew was over (This nephew is in the Marines and on leave right now) Dad said he told my nephew not to bring in any pellets as I would do it. It is our (mine and Dad's) system. Dad also said that he didn't even think about the storm. ARGH!!!!!!! I then told Dad that if anyone ever offered to bring in pellets, to let them. I also told him that I had called my brother to come over and bring in some pellets.

I should call my brother back so he can go over and bring in more pellets.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#347866 12/17/07 03:14 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
We had to have a new water line put in from the meter into the house. The existing line was polybutylene pipe which was the subject of a class action suit because it was faulty - it gets dry rot of all things. To make it more fun, whoever built our house ran the water line under where they laid the driveway, and up under the slab and into the house... somewhere. So a whole new line had to be laid leading into the garage and up over the ceiling into the utility room. My in-laws picked up the tab for now (really makes you feel good) and we'll pay them back over time. We can still apply to get a payout on the class action suit, I think. Sometimes I miss living in an apartment, yes I do.

#347867 12/17/07 04:29 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Bitch-bitch-BITCH!

Ah, I feel much better, now!

laugh

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#347868 12/17/07 06:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
When I saw moaning and groaning in the thread title, I foolishly assumed it was going to be a thread of a different type laugh

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#347869 12/17/07 10:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Cake has forced itself on us for the last time. You'll see- the penguins will never stand for such a waste of flour.

Just spouting off.
#347870 12/18/07 11:29 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
When I saw moaning and groaning in the thread title, I foolishly assumed it was going to be a thread of a different type laugh
Somebody was bound to make the assumption. I might as well have been you.

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#347871 12/18/07 11:43 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm coming down with a cold a week before Christmas. And taking a sick day during our busy time is out of the question.

<---------- annoyed.

#347872 12/18/07 11:52 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by CJ Taylor:
Cake has forced itself on us for the last time. You'll see- the penguins will never stand for such a waste of flour.
Actually, I've always sort of preferred cookies.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#347873 01/02/08 01:20 PM
OP Offline
OK, so I got a pair of those combination mittens/fingerless gloves (where you can flip the mitten part over the fingers and take it off when you need to use your fingers for something) And I find that when I take the mitten part off, my fingers feel much colder than when I would take my whole glove off.

I have several theories to explain this. 1) because my hand remains in the glove part, my fingers feel colder by contrast with my hand that remains warm, or 2) the mittens keep my whole hand warmer than the glove did, so I didn't notice much difference when taking off my glove.

Does anyone have any other explanations?

#347874 01/02/08 11:43 PM
Leader
Leader
The circulation in your hand is decreased by wearing the glove? It's a haunted evil glove?

#347875 01/18/08 03:49 PM
OP Offline
My Vent of the day:

On my way to my school library there is a <span style="font-size: 55px;">+</span> intersection. The street running vertical is one way heading from south to north. The left hand street is one way heading away from the intersection. Cars on the vertical street can turn right unto the right hand street, which also has cars traveling from the right to the left (either going straight or making a right turn). The right hand street has two lanes for those traveling left and one lane for those turning into the street. It is a tight turn.

The lights and walk signal for this intersection work amazingly well. The cars on the right hand street go first, then the cars on the vertical street go (either going straight or making a right turn). Finally all cars are stopped and pedestrians can cross.

And now here is the vent. Some people stand in the street right where the cars on the vertical street make the right turn. Some people cross the right hand street while the vertical street has the green light and the "don't walk" sign is on. This will screw up the traffic. What annoys me the most of these jaywalkers is the ones who just amble along as if they are the only ones on the street.

Now I have jaywalked this street myself. However, I make sure there are no cars coming to make the right turn.

I have vented.

#347876 01/21/08 01:09 PM
Active
Active
Supermarkets:

People who stand in the aisle having a chat or examining the merchandise, oblivious to everyone around them, with their cart in the middle of the aisle so no one can pass them on either side.

Expired products on the shelves. I have found products on the shelves that have been expired by months! Does no one check for these things, or do they hope we won't notice? I shop in a very popular and busy market, so there's no excuse for it!

#347877 01/21/08 01:52 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I agree.

I love the people whose carts are all the way on one side of the aisle, yet they have to reach out and strech across to the other, so they make sure to block the whole aisle.

I have better luck on expirations, although a tiny supermarket I used to go to had a problem with that.

I also dislike people who have to come to a complete stop once making it through the exit door, completely blocking those behind them. The rest of us would like to get out, too!

And then of course the people in line ahead of you that have to make a mad rush for that one forgotten item, leaving everyone else waiting because they are 3/4 rung-up, so the cashier is stuck, too. Some people do that in the express lane, too!

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#347878 01/22/08 07:57 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
In Department Stores. People who stop at the top of the escalator's to look to see where they want to go. Comming up fast behind them with nowhere to go I am sure one of these days I am going to just knock em over and cause a pile up.

Move away from the top of the stairs godammit, then you can look around in peace.

Faithfull
#347879 01/22/08 09:00 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
The bloody rain, and flipping cold winds screamin off the north sea! I just hate them, there's no other word for it, I hate hate hate them. Winter is horrid to people with long hair!

If I didn't know it would make me look shorter I'd get a crew cut and wear a woolly hat.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#347880 01/22/08 11:28 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Faraway Lad:
In Department Stores. People who stop at the top of the escalator's to look to see where they want to go. Comming up fast behind them with nowhere to go I am sure one of these days I am going to just knock em over and cause a pile up.

Move away from the top of the stairs godammit, then you can look around in peace.
I was a couple of people behind a couple who did this exiting the subway once. And it is not like the people behind them can stop going up.

No consideration for other people.

#347881 01/22/08 09:37 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
It rained today. Now, I like the rain. A lot. But I have to walk to school. It took twenty minutes. IN THE RAIN. With cars NOT stopping for me and lots of general WETNESS. Twenty there, twenty back. I was tre bummed. And wet. My poor jeans...

#347882 01/23/08 04:30 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Caliente:
It rained today. Now, I like the rain. A lot. But I have to walk to school. It took twenty minutes. IN THE RAIN. With cars NOT stopping for me and lots of general WETNESS. Twenty there, twenty back. I was tre bummed. And wet. My poor jeans...
After coming in all wet from the rain, there is nothing like a nice hot shower, then getting into dry clothes and relaxing.

#347883 01/25/08 11:27 PM
L
Wanderer
Wanderer
L
My current beef is this: If you live in this country you shouldn't be allowed to work in customer service if you don't speak English! Yes, I know I am politically incorrect and no doubt a class-A bigot, but I do so hate needing help somewhere and I can't understand what the service person is saying! I live in Kentucky!

Thanks for listening.

#347884 01/28/08 11:38 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Lance's realm:
My current beef is this: If you live in this country you shouldn't be allowed to work in customer service if you don't speak English! Yes, I know I am politically incorrect and no doubt a class-A bigot, but I do so hate needing help somewhere and I can't understand what the service person is saying! I live in Kentucky!

Thanks for listening.
You know what is also frustrating? Watching a customer and a customer service person, for whom English is a second language, but have different first languages.

#347885 01/31/08 02:32 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The guilt-inducing moaning, groaning vent: my 17-year old cat is in failing health and has taken up residence on the kitchen counter, which I find really annoying but then I feel so bad for her, I just work around her. Some days she looks like she's on death's door and I think about putting her down, then the next day she'll perk up.

She needs a tiny pill daily and it's a battle every time. If she weren't so feeble she'd probably shred my hands to pieces.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#347886 01/31/08 06:48 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq.:
Originally posted by Caliente:
[b] It rained today. Now, I like the rain. A lot. But I have to walk to school. It took twenty minutes. IN THE RAIN. With cars NOT stopping for me and lots of general WETNESS. Twenty there, twenty back. I was tre bummed. And wet. My poor jeans...
After coming in all wet from the rain, there is nothing like a nice hot shower, then getting into dry clothes and relaxing.[/b]
don't skip the taking-off-the-soaking-wet-clothes-on-the-back-porch-and-enjoying-the-rain-for-a-few-minutes-the way-nature-intended step

#347887 01/31/08 08:24 AM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
The guilt-inducing moaning, groaning vent: my 17-year old cat is in failing health and has taken up residence on the kitchen counter, which I find really annoying but then I feel so bad for her, I just work around her. Some days she looks like she's on death's door and I think about putting her down, then the next day she'll perk up.

She needs a tiny pill daily and it's a battle every time. If she weren't so feeble she'd probably shred my hands to pieces.
Sorry to hear about this. This is one of those really hard decisions.

I remember one dog we had who developed arthritis. Dad would give her an aspirin a day. After a while she realized that the pill made her feel better and would take it with no problem.

#347888 01/31/08 02:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:

hug Cramer.

Its hard postion to be in Nancy. My Ex told me this week that she had had to put our 15 year old mutt to sleep. Still waiting to tell our daughter as she'll be distraught.

Faithfull
#347889 01/31/08 02:15 PM
Active
Active
Oh FC, I'm so sorry! The uncertainty is the hardest part. And feeling like your punishing them when you're trying to help. Trying to get Leroy to take pills was a nightmare too. I had to try and give her human antacid to calm her stomach so she would eat, but of course they're all minty and she hated the mere whiff of it. Have you tried mashing the pill in a bit of butter? Or they sell Pill Pocket, hollow treats that you can put the pill inside. Best of luck!

Page 1 of 58 1 2 3 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chameleon Boy
Chameleon Boy
RWC, CA USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star