Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:10 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Alexander - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:42 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/16/24 11:16 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 57 58
Re: The Moaning, Groaning, I just want to Vent thread
#347915 09/22/08 06:09 PM
S
Stu Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
S
I just went on a quick "field trip" for work today -- out and back. Unfortunately, I had to get up at a ridiculously early hour this morning.

I hate getting up so early that it's still dark when I leave home! It's depressing.

#347916 09/22/08 08:54 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
It's getting to be that time of year... dark when you get up in the morning, and dark when you're heading home from school/work. mad tongue

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#347917 09/24/08 12:38 AM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
Dudes, I work nights....its still dark when I get off from work and dark when I go in. I haven't seen the sun in over a week

#347918 11/05/08 04:19 PM
strange but not a stranger
OP Offline
I am really really bummed out that Prop 8 passed in California. Not to mention bans in Florida & Arizona and prohibiting gay people from adopting in Arkansas.

There is absolutely no valid reason not to allow gay couples to get married. It is pure prejudice and ignorance to vote otherwise.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#347919 04/19/09 02:25 PM
OP Offline
OK, so I've told you about my next door neighbors who play their stereo & TV too loud. Well last night the people on the other side had a party. Lots of young people. The music wasn't too loud but their talking was very loud. It even woke up my roommate. He also called the police twice.

He went back to bed and tried earplugs. I just went to bed. This was around 11 pm. At 1:30, I was woken up by the sound of a fire engine siren going down my street. Awake, I stayed up a little. They were still talking loudly. I went out on to my front porch and watched them. The people that ususally make the noise were also on their front porch. I think they were more amused by it.

Anyhow, two of the guys were having a shouting match, with a young woman trying to get one of them in a car. Eventually, one group get into their car and drive off. However, they drive around the block and the guy threw a bottle at the car. After that his friends managed to get him in a car and they drove off. I went back inside. Minutes later I hear a pop pop. I've actually heard fire crackers that were louder, but assumed it was gunfire. I immediately dialed 911, but as I was talking to the 911 operator, 6 police cars pull up. Of course by this time all the party goers were gone.

One of the guys on the other porch said the gunshot sounded like it was a 22 caliber. I think they were enjoying the fact that the police weren't call for them.

This morning when my roommate got up, I told him what had happened. He got very upset. About a month ago, he was held up at knife point walking home from the grocery store at 2 in the afternoon. So this afternoon, I here a yell from his room. I called out to see if he was alright. No response. About 5 minutes later he comes out yelling "this is a shithole!" And he is mad at me because he thinks I am not upset about what happened.

I do have to say, that I am not terribly upset about what happened. I am bothered by it and a little concerned. I mean I have lived in my neighborhood for 13 years now and this is the first time I've heard gunfire. He did come back out of his room about 40 minutes later to apologize for yelling at me.

#347920 04/19/09 06:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
writer's block... and three papers due this week. frown

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#347921 04/19/09 07:09 PM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
The contractors who were putting new siding on the building my condo is in were partway done when we were hit by two days of severe weather. The new siding was soaked and my interior kitchen walls have visible damage.

Add to this a young man who works for me posted on Facebook that he has an interview for another job tomorrow. He didn't even have the decency to tell me himself. If he leaves his job, it will be months before it's filled.

Throw in that after 48 years of marriage, my parents have decided that the best thing for their marriage would be to live in different states. Mother is moving here this fall, which is a good thing, but still sad that they are splitting up.

Also, the choir I'm in is having some issues that are too convoluted and confusing for me to try to explain.

*Heavy sigh*

Thanks for listening.
hug hug hug

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#347922 04/19/09 07:22 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Ugh. First of all, hug s all around. Quis, someday I have to tell you my favorite "but-marriage-is-just-for-straight-people" story. It probably wouldn't help today, though. It needs alcohol to really work right. (Or maybe chocolate if the involved parties are in recovery.)

Anyhow: Yeah, it's great that I've got three days of work coming up this week. The people are nice and the work is easy. It's not even a painful commute. Except for the endless turmoil this creates with the career peabrains at the Unemployment office. Really, I thought their neighbors on the Northern border were impossibly dense until I had to move my claim down here to the state of my residence. Basically this week will push me into the magical range for the second week in a row that disqualifies me for aid, just barely. That means that a week from today, I'll probably have to restart the entire claim from scratch all over again.

I might add that they ask a great many stupid and redundant questions that prove conclusively their inability to understand that "Temp" work is exactly that: TEMPORARY. Some weeks there is work but many more weeks there is not.

Aaaarggghh. There is a 12% Unemployment rate here right now. (Officially, which means off the books, it's much higher, of course.) I'm gonna' kick the next inspirational lecturer/wannabe' Herbert Hoover somewhere tender, believe me.

[cries] Thanks for listening.

Chocolate, anyone?

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#347923 04/20/09 12:31 AM
Leader
Leader
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
The contractors who were putting new siding on the building my condo is in were partway done when we were hit by two days of severe weather. The new siding was soaked and my interior kitchen walls have visible damage.

Rocky, I don't know if you have homeowner's insurance or not, but in my state, rain coming in through an open window and doing damage is covered-you may want to check into it.

Long Live all them Legions!
#347924 04/20/09 07:12 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Originally posted by Arm Fall Off Boy:
Rocky, I don't know if you have homeowner's insurance or not, but in my state, rain coming in through an open window and doing damage is covered-you may want to check into it.
The condo association will take care of this one. It's very clearly their fault. It's just the fact that it must be done when it was totally preventable that bothers me.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#347925 08/23/09 03:03 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Yesterday I was in Halifax, walking down one of the main commercial/restaurant streets. It was really hot, lots of people were out, some with their dogs. The sky was still hazed over with fog and some clouds. Suddenly, this really gigantic roar started, and increased. My first thought was that some airplane was about to crash on the street, and I was just immobilized and trying to think, where do I go? and looked for the plane to break out of the haze. In true brave superheroine fashion, I grabbed my husband's arm... :rolleyes:

It was a fighter jet doing an extremely low flyover. That totally pissed me off. I suppose they were saying, we're in control and we'll do whatever we want here.... People on the street didn't seem that disturbed by it, but my heart was pounding and I had a terrific headache. A few minutes later, another one did the same thing, really low then zooming straight up. That one set off all the car alarms and I saw two dogs totally freaking out (fortunately they were on leashes).

People in Labrador complained for years about these low flyovers. I can't imagine this on a regular basis. I guess it was part of some military show, but it seemed stupid/arrogant/reckless to do it right over the downtown core. They usually have these things out at airfields.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#347926 08/23/09 12:08 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Oh.

I thought...

That is to say... shocked

I thought this was a different kindof thread entirely. I shoulda read the entire title... choke shocked

laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#347927 08/23/09 12:46 PM
OP Offline
Originally posted by Pov:
Oh.

I thought...

That is to say... shocked

I thought this was a different kindof thread entirely. I shoulda read the entire title... choke shocked

laugh
Spellbinder made the same joke on page 1.

#347928 08/23/09 01:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
After all this time you're expecting original material from Pov?

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#347929 08/23/09 01:43 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
*swings rubber chicken at Chuck-Fillet...* tongue

wink

In my defense, I don't remember ever seeing p. 1... laugh

#347930 08/23/09 01:44 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
P.S.-- I still think my post is funny. Sue me. laugh

#347931 08/23/09 04:25 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod Mr Perv, don't like let Gramps get on your like last good nerve. He's just like being a grumpy old coot this weekend.

I think it's cuz Gram is still laughing at the Arkansas Cowboy outfit he brought home.

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#347932 08/23/09 04:27 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
rotflmao Aw, thanks EG!

#347933 08/23/09 04:30 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by cleome:

Aaaarggghh. [b]There is a 12% Unemployment rate here right now.
(Officially, which means off the books, it's much higher, of course.) [/b]
Wow, you guys are actually doing pretty good.

Halibutt in Halifax. When jet plane fly overhead, dive into bar. Yeah, that one. I forget it's name, but it's a pretty good one.

Spent hours getting my syllabuses ready, sent out welcoming email with a leeetle assignment for the students to fill out and bring with them Monday.

Got a couple emails back asking if they couldn't wait until class on Tuesday. "Waits" I says to myself, class is on MW. These students must have changed sections, so I check the on-line rosters.

Well.... someone assigned me TR classes. I NEVER do TR classes.

Took 3 hours and an embarrassing email correction to edit my coursework.

Blah.

#347934 08/23/09 07:45 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Ohmygod, so I like get back from the beach today and some like sadistic, over eager, teacher is like sending out homework assignments by e-mail two weeks before school even like starts...

Hi! How are you?
<click-click> <span style="font-size: 15px;">BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!! BLAM!!</span>
#347935 08/23/09 08:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
and you'd better get them in on time "young lady."

#347936 09/16/09 08:40 PM
No job this week.

Butterscotch the Evil needs a trip to the vet.

They're being complete jaggoffs at the Unemployment Office. Again.

I have a bad wisdom tooth, and with things like they are, the "treatment" will consist of aspirin and those vile numbing drops and chewing on the "good" side of my mouth for a very, very long time.

That's enough for now, isn't it? :rolleyes:

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#347937 09/17/09 03:13 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Are you near a dentistry school? They're supposed to offer cheap treatment by students, closely supervised by the teachers.

I've wondered why there aren't garage dentists who offer super cheap treatment. Well, there are, but some of them are suspect, not even real dentists. Maybe a wisdom tooth is difficult, depending on the tooth, but a lot of dentistry is pretty simple stuff, just drill and patch work. I pay a small fortune to a woman who is trained for all sorts of complications as well as administration of anaesthetic to a wide variety of clients, when 90% of my dental work could be done by a less-expensive technician.

Anyways, dental problems are always top of my moaning and groaning list. I hope yours gets resolved soonest.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#347938 09/17/09 09:27 AM
OP Offline
FC,

I have gone to a dental school in the past. They charged costs only, but depending on the procedure, that can still be $$$.

I did like the service I got there. However the appointments would last pretty much half a day. For example: filing a cavity. The student would drill and clean out the tooth, then have to get the instructor to inspect. After approval from the instructor, the cavity would be filled. Again the instructor would have to check out the filling work. Of course there were about 20 other students who needed to have the instructor check their work, so it could be a wait for the instructor.

The wait aside, I was very pleased with the work done.

#347939 09/20/09 03:01 PM
(snip)

Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
Are you near a dentistry school? They're supposed to offer cheap treatment by students, closely supervised by the teachers.
The last time anyone suggested that was when I had hopes of getting my couch re-upholstered in lieu of throwing it out. Maybe it works better with dentists than upholsterers, though.

There are occasional "dental fairs" here where people literally line up for a hundred shots at free basic care from dentists who donate their time. Those are generally intended for people that are capital-I impoverished, though. Also, I'm guessing they couldn't tend to a bad wisdom tooth, since that requires more than a half hour while dozens of other candidates stand around waiting.

Thanks, though.

Page 3 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 57 58

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,832
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Wayne3003
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Knightsfyre
Knightsfyre
London, Ontario, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star