Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: The Origin of ...
#366645 03/18/03 03:14 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Bamf!

#366646 04/24/03 09:39 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
damph

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#366647 04/25/03 09:20 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Shadowplay In Candlelight asks:
<< What I'd like to know is if Steve were doing some sort of regular creative work with the Legion, would he work with DnA to populate the new Legion World? >>

The answer would most certainly be yes. My next issue of Legion will not be written by DnA, but having worked from their script on the Umbra issue I can enthusiastically say that I'd enjoy working with them on another. of course, I'm a bit keen on this new Keith Champagn script, at the moment.

<< Does (Steve) have any ideas for new Legionnaires?
Not just reboots of Tellus or Quislet, although I wouldn't mind that happening, but does he have any new worlds, and/or characters, for us to get to know. >>

It's always been my way to contribute as much as possible, whether I'm working with Paul Levitz, Anne Nocenti, Roy Thomas ... whomever. Even though the Umbra story ("After Dark") was presented to me in "full script" form, I was able to find ways to contribute a few creative elements.

<< Have you presented any ideas to DnA, Steve? >>

Not directly. My contact has been through my editor.

<< I know it's hard to share here, because someone might steal your ideas or something, but I'm still curious as to what you might creat now, in the new millenium. >>

You might just have to wait until Legion #24 to see an example.

<< What 'look' should the current Legion have? >>

Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

In a way, the Legion of Super-Heroes has always benifitted from having a great many creative people contributing to it. Twenty years ago you might see costumes from several different Legion eras side by side. The looks of each individual were unique as a result ... it added to their individuality.

Things are slowly coming back around to that now, with designs by Moy, Sprouse, Coipel, and even ...

: )

#366648 04/25/03 09:22 AM
Substitute
OP Offline
Substitute
Shadowplay In Candlelight asks:
<< What I'd like to know is if Steve were doing some sort of regular creative work with the Legion, would he work with DnA to populate the new Legion World? >>

The answer would most certainly be yes. My next issue of Legion will not be written by DnA, but having worked from their script on the Umbra issue I can enthusiastically say that I'd enjoy working with them on another. of course, I'm a bit keen on this new Keith Champagn script, at the moment.

<< Does (Steve) have any ideas for new Legionnaires?
Not just reboots of Tellus or Quislet, although I wouldn't mind that happening, but does he have any new worlds, and/or characters, for us to get to know. >>

It's always been my way to contribute as much as possible, whether I'm working with Paul Levitz, Anne Nocenti, Roy Thomas ... whomever. Even though the Umbra story ("After Dark") was presented to me in "full script" form, I was able to find ways to contribute a few creative elements.

<< Have you presented any ideas to DnA, Steve? >>

Not directly. My contact has been through my editor.

<< I know it's hard to share here, because someone might steal your ideas or something, but I'm still curious as to what you might creat now, in the new millenium. >>

You might just have to wait until Legion #24 to see an example.

<< What 'look' should the current Legion have? >>

Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

In a way, the Legion of Super-Heroes has always benifitted from having a great many creative people contributing to it. Twenty years ago you might see costumes from several different Legion eras side by side. The looks of each individual were unique as a result ... it added to their individuality.

Things are slowly coming back around to that now, with designs by Moy, Sprouse, Coipel, and even ...

#366649 04/28/03 08:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Steve Lightle:

...Well, Shady, I've always favoured individuality over uniformity. I like costumes that say something about the style and personality of the wearer.

Thanks for taking the time to answer!

I know that you've always added wonderful elements to any story that you've illustrated and I can hardly wait until #24 comes out.
I expect there will be a number of gems for us to find.
smile

I like indiviuality, too.
But I've also liked the last years where the costumes were individualized within set parameters, like an inner panel, 'nehru' collars and utility belts.

Those really aren't very much of a constraint and it was fun seeing what kind of individuality could be reached within a more unified team setting.

I think, as the Legionnaires become more adult and the team looses more of it's UP 'only' focus, that more individualized costumes will, or should, naturally come about.

Val's on the cover of the Dream story, and Nura's from slightly earlier, are interesting and very dynamic examples, I think.

I can hardly wait to see what you've done with Umbra!

Shady

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#366650 06/26/05 11:35 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
LIVE! Soljer LIVE!

This topic is from the original DCMBs. It was the thread that I wanted to ressurect when I first set up this message board 2 years ago. I finally took the time and effort to bring it here.

Hopefully, this will answer many of the questions that get brought up here from time to time.

#366651 06/26/05 12:11 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yay! I can't wait to re-read the thread!

#366652 06/26/05 01:17 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
*Sigh*! The good ol' days...

#366653 06/26/05 02:06 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
This is cool, Nighty! Can't wait to get some time and read through this!

#366654 06/26/05 08:08 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi Steve,

I noticed that for your design of the now-defunct Mentalla character, the colours of the costume reminded me of Saturn Girl's early look in ADVENTURE.

And her powers were very similar to Imra's too.

What are your thoughts on this?

BrianT (Adelaide, Australia)

#366655 06/26/05 08:56 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Very cool!
Thank you NC, I've never seen this thread before. I read the first page and it floored me. I'm with POVikins, I really despise Jeanette Khan's editorial decisions and hope she at last understands that she may be the most hated person ever to work at DC.
I'm saddened that Kara was refused her opportunity to be resurrected in the Legion at a time when we all missed her so much. At least Superboy got a grand LSH send off but the closest Kara ever got was that story about how much Brainy missed her.

#366656 06/26/05 09:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
[b]LIVE! Soljer LIVE!

This topic is from the original DCMBs. It was the thread that I wanted to ressurect when I first set up this message board 2 years ago. I finally took the time and effort to bring it here.

Hopefully, this will answer many of the questions that get brought up here from time to time.[/b]
Hi Gary,

If ever u want to chat about things, send me a note, you sound really cool

Brian (aka LegionAdventureMan)

#366657 06/26/05 09:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Gary is the grooviest!

#366658 06/27/05 01:28 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
Hi Steve,

I noticed that for your design of the now-defunct Mentalla character, the colours of the costume reminded me of Saturn Girl's early look in ADVENTURE.

Here\'s Steve's answer earlier in this topic.

And thanks for the kind words Brian. I've usually got several projects going at once but, I do try to stop to chat with the LW gang on Wednesdays around 8:30AM your time (Tuesdays @ 4:00PM my time).

#366659 06/27/05 01:31 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Read the first 8 pages of this thread last night! laugh

#366660 06/27/05 05:44 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Nightcrawler:
Originally posted by legionadventureman:
[b]Hi Steve,

To: Nightcrawler

Thanks for including the bits of transcript from that earlier post, dude.

The Nemesis Kid-Mentalla connection totally floored me...but there were differences i guess: NK was a spy for the Khund fleet, while Mentalla was only pretending to support The Emerald Empress's vendetta against the Legion.

She had courage, she had spunk - only thing she didnt have: a decent dye job to disguise her dumb blonde roots!!!!

Have a great day, Gary

Brian (aka LegionAdventure Man)

Here\'s Steve's answer earlier in this topic.

And thanks for the kind words Brian. I've usually got several projects going at once but, I do try to stop to chat with the LW gang on Wednesdays around 8:30AM your time (Tuesdays @ 4:00PM my time).[/b]

#366661 07/02/05 10:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi Steve,

I kinda liked how you redesigned Timber Wolf's costume, with the grey wolf icon and the darker colour schemes - you must have had inspiration from when Dave Cockrum was doing the Legion.

His designs were way out of this world - altho i never thought Phantom Girl's bell-bottoms as super-hero material.

One minor quibble: you made PG look silly with her little-girl-in-pigtails 'do.

BrianT
(Adelaide, Australia)

#366662 07/20/05 02:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
SensorGirl Quislet

EnergyBoy Mentalla

#366663 10/20/05 12:55 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Cosmic Toast Man:
The killing of a character as 'cutting edge' story telling is getting soooo old. It is also (IMO) LAZY story writing.

In the first 25-26 years of the Legion I count only 4 Legion Deaths (5 if you count Lightning Lad but they brought him back). They were mourned. They were honored. And they were remembered for their heroics. (If I missed someone please feel free to add them)

Ferro Lad
Invisible Kid
Chemical King
Karate Kid

In the last 16-17 years after Crisis and especially during v. 4 It seemed as if they kept trying to up the death count in each issue. It got to the point they felt that blowing up the moon and the EARTH were GOOD plot devices.

Why must there be such a high body count to be considered 'trendy' or 'relevant'?
The trend to kill off characters someone doesn't want to write with the thought... "someone else can figure out how to bring them back to life" is getting old too.

If you want 'realism' in comics this is about as far from it as you can get.

The Legionnaires who passed on (with the exception of Lightning Lad) remained dead. (yes there was that clone story ... but it wrapped up in one issue). Other writers were still able to write these characters in flashback or 'untold' stories that didn't diminish their sacrifice or weaken the stories of their deaths.

Sorry for the long meandering post...but this is a topic that has bothered me for years.

------------------
Better to have a mind open as a book than closed as a fist
Welcome to Legion World, CTM. Your words from three years ago are still poignant today and for LSH #10/11!

#366664 11/19/05 03:30 AM
Applicant
Applicant
Thanks Nightcrawler. It's great to be here. Sadly it seems the trend is still continuing...but thats a rant for another time.

Thanks again for the welcome!

#366665 10/24/09 10:47 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hi, I've got a question for Mr. Lightle.

On the cover of Legion #14, and I don't know how often you get questions like this, did you ever conceive any information about that big, faceless green guy under Comet Queen & Quislet and above Power Boy.

#366666 12/24/09 06:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
bump
been wondering where Steve Lightle has been all along? Is he working on comics or ??

#366667 03/11/12 04:14 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Hi, I've got a question for Mr. Lightle.

On the cover of Legion #14, and I don't know how often you get questions like this, did you ever conceive any information about that big, faceless green guy under Comet Queen & Quislet and above Power Boy.
I believe the green guy was Quislet occupying a green object. At least that was my impression.

FruitBoy

#366668 03/12/12 11:50 AM
Active
Active
Yes, that is Quislet.

#366669 07/07/12 01:20 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey Steve, not sure if you check in here often these days so in case you are thought you'd like to know how great the covers are that you have done recently are. Totally excellent!

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,847
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
freekdkid
freekdkid
Charlotte
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star