In an attempt to provide answers to any potential questions from Legion fans new and old, this post will offer some of the terms that are frequently used on this board. This FAQ is a work-in-progress and will be updated as frequently as possible until it reaches a reasonably completed state. The first section will be a guide to the various abbreviations which are commonly used.

1. Abbreviated Terms

Several creative teams which had lengthy tenure are typically referred to by initials:

TMK: Tom and Mary Bierbaum and Kieth Giffen, the primary collaborators (Plots, Dialogue and Pencils) for the first 38 issues of "Legion of Super-Heroes" volume 4. TMK is commonly used to refer both to the creative team and the issues they collaborated on. Additional creative input was made by Al Gordon (inks and plots,) Jason Pearson (pencils) and Brandon Peterson (pencils.)

PMS: Tom Peyer, Tom McCraw and Roger Stern, the primary writing team throughout the early era of the Postboot Legion (a seperate entry will be forthcoming) in both the "Legion of Super-Heroes" and "Legionnaires" titles.

DnA: The current writing team of Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning. They began their tenure with issue 78 of "Legionnaires" and issue 122 of "Legion of Super-Heroes" volume 4 (following a "sneak preview" in "Legion of Super-Heroes Secret Secret Files" # 2.) They wrote both titles until their cancellations, the follow-up miniseries "Legion Lost" and "Legion Worlds" and have continued into the current series, simply titled "The Legion."

TnT: Tony Harris and Tom Feister, the current cover art team, are members of the Jolly Roger Studio.

That's it for the initial post. Future entries will include a listing of the various titles that the Legion has been published in and entries explaining various key concepts including topics such as the Pre-and-Postboot concept.

I hope that as both "The Legion" and this board attract new (and returning) fans that this will be of some use.

Any suggestions, comments, requests and corrections can be PM'ed to your humble compiler, matlock. (I'm trying to rely entirely on my own work here, but I credit Chaim Mattis Keller's excellent Legion Help File for provinding issue numbers and creator credits. If you don't have it, get it at the link provided on it's own entry here at the Encyclopedia Galactica.)

Special thanks to Nightcrawler and Lightning Lad, our gracious hosts for letting me work on this project, which is my way of saying thanks to them for their hard work in providing this site for us.