Roll Call
0 members (), 29 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/16/24 10:29 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 04/16/24 10:16 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:04 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:04 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:01 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:00 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 10:00 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/16/24 05:21 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ideas for Elseworlds
#472501 12/03/08 05:56 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So, we all know that the Elseworlds stream has started to dry up since the Multiverse came back. But I've still had a few ideas for some.

The Hawkman of Notre Dame

Doom Patrol: Freaks
*An adaption of the 1932 horror film.

Catwoman: Night of the Man Bat
*A continuation of the Catwoman story from Batman Chronicles #11.

Batman/Legion: Salvation
*A sequel to Batman: Holy Terror, where Batman and his new partner, Robin, do a raid on another government testing facility, and rescue some of the men and women who would've been the Legion.

Batman/Sukeban Deka
*Batman is drawn to a crime ring in Japan, led by a corrupt politican and his three twisted daughters, being operated out of a high school. Along the way, he crosses paths with a teenage undercover detective who wields a metal yoyo as a weapon.

Green Lantern: Night of the Manhunter
*An adaption of the Noir film starring Jade and Obsidian.

Superman: Wicked Prayer
*Superman raised in colonial Rhode Island, then encountering the Witch Trials and Pastor Luthor.

Aquaman: Dagon
*A detective story in the same vein as the Doom That Came To Gotham, starring Arthur Curry investigating odd goings on in the seaside town of Innsmouth.

Teen Titans: The Golden Years
*If the Titans had started out during WWII with the Justice Society and the All-Star Squadron. The young heroes must travel into Axis Germany to save their mentors.

Green Lantern: The Yellow Light
*A continuation of Evil's Might, focusing on Carol Ferris, a mummy, Alan Scott, and Carol's new boyfriend, John Stewart.

Black Orchid: In Black And White
*Susan Black is a pulp detective.

Re: Ideas for Elseworlds
#472502 12/04/08 04:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I particularly like your Aquaman idea. That character might benefit from a total reworking, even if it was only for one Elseworlds issue.

I'd love to see a Steampunk Legion.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#472503 12/04/08 04:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, I already started a Legion Elseworlds called Cautionary Tales. It isn't steampunk, but it is 1930s Depression Era. That alright?

#472504 12/06/08 12:30 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
JLA: The Phoenix Group
*Set after Act of God, about the super-hero group that emerged after the Black Light event. Deals with the emergance of superpowered children, the fate of Atlantis, and a conflict between Linda Danvers and Matrix.

#472505 12/06/08 02:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Waay back when Gotham By Gaslight came out, someone (in CBG, I think) made a sarky remark about Commissioner Gordon hunting Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest, suggesting Elseworlds (although the term had yet to come about) could easily get out of hand.

I actually liked the idea (Gordon, that is. By the mid-90s, Elseworlds did get a bit out of hand).

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#472506 12/06/08 03:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
A little, I'll admit. But still fun.

#472507 12/06/08 04:47 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm pretty keen on the Superman: Wicked Prayer and Aquaman-in-Innsmouth concepts!

While it wasn't a DC Elseworlds, I had an insane idea to cross Bill Willingham's Elementals with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Buffy Summers - Firefight, her physical energy sustained by the power of the sun.
Willow Rosenberg - Tempest, wild-maned mistress of storm and sea.
Rupert Giles - Stratus, able to draw knowledge from the whispers on the wind,
Xander Harris - Touchstone, drawing support from the foundations of the earth.

Each dies as a result of the element in question (but all at the hands of vampires, who smother, bury alive, etc. them), but are reborn, empowered by those elements of nature to fight back against the unnatural forces that have defied the natural order.

They are The Primal Defenders.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#472508 12/06/08 09:50 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
There were four others I had in mind. I remember the writers of the Superman's Metropolis trilogy stating they were gonna do a fourth one called The Green Light, and it was going to focus on Green Lantern, Flash, Aquawoman, and the recolonization of Earth. So, I thought up four.

Green Lantern: The Green Light
*The revelation that there were people who lived on Mars before it was colonized.

Flash: The White Flame

Martian Manhunter: The Golem

Aquawoman, the Mistress of Atlantis
*Basically this dealt with the attempt to revitalize the Earth, the discovery of Atlantis undernath the polluted ocean, and Arthur Curry's wife Kayako becoming Aquawoman after she is almost killed by Atlantis' jealous queen, Mera.

#472509 12/06/08 11:45 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
For a Legion related Elseworlds;

A retelling of Mary Shelly's Prometheus: a New Man, starring the mad Dr. Londo and his 'son,' the monster...

Or, same story, only Dr. Londo wears fishnets, kills and eats one of his guests, and sings to the captive Legionnaires about how 'in just seven days, I can make you a maaaaaannn!'

#472510 12/06/08 11:52 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Legion of Olympus;

A bearded red-haired sky-god, hurler of thunderbolts

His regal wife, whose gaze is a weapon and whose words are law

The distracted and irascible craftsman of the gods

The young god who carries the sun in his eyes, the far-sighted one who rides through the sky

Winged victory, soaring over battle

The protean shapeshifting god, with his everchanging face

The pale-skinned, white-haired goddess of the moon, patron of witches

#472511 12/07/08 12:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Cool. But could you specify on the craftsman god? Lyle or Brainy?

And besides that...

Batman: Legion
*A world where the Legion was inspired by Batman instead of Superman.

#472512 12/07/08 12:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Batman & Demon: A Comedy
*Sequel to Alan Grant's Batman & Demon Elseworlds. In revenge for killing his lover, a sorcerer named Simon Hurt places the Demon's essence inside a nameless sociopath, turning him into a giggling monster that slaughters anything in it's path.

#472513 12/07/08 03:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Batman: Legion
*A world where the Legion was inspired by Batman instead of Superman.
I'm amazed this one was never done. It could be a noir Legion, or just have them focus more on detective work than brute superpowers.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#472514 12/07/08 10:29 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Not sure if this would count as an Elseworlds.

Gotham Girls: The Replacements
*Harley Quinn's status as the Joker's Gal is questioned by Fungus Souffle, a former conceptional artist named Shirley whom had a "piece" done by the Joker for her.
*Ivy's status as the World's Number One Female Criminal is questioned by Silken Spider, Dragonfly, and Tiger Moth, once the three deadliest Female Criminals on the planet.
*The two turn to Catwoman for help, until they learn she's having trouble with a villain calling himself King of the Cats, who's none other then her own brother!
*And all this time, Batgirl is dealing with the return of the ORIGINAL Bat-Girl.
*And what's going on with Renee Montoya and the new detective from Metropolis?

#472515 12/09/08 12:26 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Two ideas involving House of Wax, the one with Vincent Price, not Paris Hilton

Batman: House of Wax
*A simple Batman detective story in 1910 Gotham, where Batman tries to discover the whereabouts of missing bodies and how it coincides with the opening of Basil Karlo's Wax Museum

Legion: House of Wax
*More detailed then the original story, focusing on the Ranzz family and featuring people dying for their cruel ways and put up in displays demonstrating the evolution of cruelty in the history of Man.

#472516 12/09/08 02:02 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Superman Jr. and Batman Jr.: For the Children
*The Super-Sons meet the children of the Legionnaires.

#472517 12/09/08 02:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion of Super-Heroes: An Unfinished Aria
*Phantom of the Opera, with Brin playing the role of the Phantom and Aria as Christine.

#472518 12/10/08 08:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So, since some of you were interested in Dagon, I thought up a little opening...

The sky was blue and violet, slowing becoming black and scarlet as lightning cracked the sun and the clouds cried blood red tears.

ARTHUR CURRY DETECTIVE AGENCY

that was what the sign on the front window of the buidling read. He was on the second floor, reading the Daily Star, when she walked in. That's how these stories go, don't they? He looked up from the paper.

"Closed."

She didn't respond to that. She just walked right in and took the chair in front of the desk.

"I said-"

"10,000."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Upfront," she said as she placed a black leather case in front of him. The latch clicked open. He analyzed the presidents looking up at him with their green eyes. He laid back on the chair.

"Name?" He asked.

"Mira."

"That all?"

"All you need to know at the moment. There's another twenty thousand in it. If you're to take the job."

She took off her black hat, revealing an ocean of red hair. The hat no longer obscured two green eyes, alive and bright like the jungle tropic. Arthur's heart skipped a beat when he gazed at her Venusian featurs. His blood rushed. A small bump under the table was heard. She didn't notice, or didn't care. She wasn't picking up anything from him, actually. He was good at hiding his emotions. That's one of the rules in this job. Never get attached to the client.

"Lemme guess. You want me to find your, what, father, husband, son...?" He listed.

"You were right the first time. Yes, my father. But I know where he is."

"Ah, you want me to drag him back home." He mused.

"I didn't know you specialized in graverobbing."

So, a simple murder investigation.

"Before you say anything, I know how he died. Morphine overdose." She told him.

"So, you want what exactly? To find out why?"

"I'll make it easy for you, Mr. Curry. This was one of the reasons."

She reached into her coat and pulled out something long and small, wrapped in handkerchief. Too small to be a gun, too big to be a knife. She placed it next to the briefcase, and unwrapped it. Arthur didn't know what he was looking at. It was a statuette, or some sort of idol. He picked it up, and loathed every second he held it in his hands. The feeling he registered from that small stone piece was one he never wanted to feel again, a cold, clammy feeling like handling a bloated, waterdredged body, at the bottom of the sea for months.

It was dark green and heavily worn down, possibly by sea water. It was made out of a substance he didn't recognize, and covered in markings that looked like the designs of a schizophrenic artist. It vaguely resembled a man, but no man he had ever seen, and no man he would ever want to meet. Scaly arms reaching outwards, fangs, and what looked like slime carved into it. The stone eyes burned with malevolence, but carried an air of a religious icon. It was repulsive in every sense of the word, and he wondered why anyone would carry this loathsome thing with them.

"And this..." Mira said as she pulled the briefcase back to her, and pulled something out from underneath the money.

"Is another."

A leatherbound journal. He creaked open the cover, and began to read the sad, strange story of Mira's father.

#472519 12/11/08 10:10 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Well, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Not sure how much constructive criticism I can offer, given my lack of familiarity with Elseworlds-- not to mention that I haven't paid attention to Aquaman since the 1970s.

(Actually I did just see one of the re-workings in the JLU cartoon, which wasn't bad except for the hook-on-hand business, which bugged me.)

Stoopid question: Is this story happening on land, or underwater ? blush

Oh, and finish Cautionary Tales awready !! I'm not getting any younger.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472520 12/11/08 04:17 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It'll be happening in both. I hope.

#472521 12/11/08 04:24 PM
Y'know, I don't watch anime, and the only jpop in my collection is Qypthone, Orange Pekoe, and some Monday Michiru bootlegs.

Somehow it doesn't sound right playing that stuff when I'm reading about crossover supervillain gangs, doomed love triangles and geysers of blood. OTOH, I don't know much about anime, so maybe that's exactly the visual-aural contrast I'm supposed to be aiming for.

Anti-synasthaesia ? Contrarian synasthaesia ?

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472522 12/11/08 04:37 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
You've never seen Utena. Most of the stuff on there is messed up.

#472523 12/11/08 04:44 PM
Well, I kinda' gathered that from the fic. But is the music also messed-up, or is it peppy and peppered at random with chirpy girls in knockoff Space 1999 costumes singing about scooters and funny mustaches ?

Y'know, like this .

#472524 12/11/08 05:13 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The blood was really inspired from Geoff Johns story about the Red Lanterns. But, to answer your question, you should watch the show. They have most of the episodes dubbed on youtube.

Episode One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tez0dYdZMJc

(Note: The anime was much more metaphysical and symbolic then the manga)

#472525 12/11/08 05:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Would this count as an Elseworlds? It's a little short story I thought off, basically a parody of that Home Movies episode where Brendon is forced to spend the weekend at the psycho Fenton's house.

Legion of Super-Heroes: My Babysitter, My Nightmare
*Graym is forced to spend the weekend with a creepy babysitter and her psycho son. May the mental scarring begin.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,816
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
veryvery
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
LoneWolfLondo
LoneWolfLondo
Buffalo, NY
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star