Roll Call
0 members (), 17 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:30 AM
So, what are you listening to?
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/24/24 09:11 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Ideas for Elseworlds
#472526 12/11/08 07:24 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
SK:

(Note: The anime was much more metaphysical and symbolic then the manga)
Okay, I will look. But I should work on that fic I promised 1000Green for her FF.net challenge first. Otherwise my Legion will start behaving like your Legion and everyone will get all confused and stuff.

I did make it through two "Battle Royale" movies, so maybe this won't be enough to kill me, either...

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472527 12/11/08 07:39 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
And we wouldn't want that, now would we?

#472528 12/11/08 07:48 PM
I can't die until I've tapped out all my Unemployment. That means I still have at least 6-8 weeks to live.

It also just occurred to me that Battle Royale is kind of like Anti-Matter-Legion.

Legion: Powerful adult bankrolls teenagers on humane mission in order to guard the galaxy from evil.

BR: Powerful adult engineers a sort of blood-drenched pep rally where teenagers kill each other in order to... well, the reason why depends on whether it's book or movie, but...

I wonder if anyone mentions that in Teenagers From The Future. If nobody has, there ought to be another book so they can include that particular essay. Because that would be very cool. grin

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472529 12/11/08 07:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Creepy and brilliantly disturbing, or is disturbingly brilliant?

#472530 12/11/08 08:05 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Cool. But could you specify on the craftsman god? Lyle or Brainy?
I was thinking Brainy. Lyle might be one of those gods who was known for turning himself invisible, like Hermes, the messenger.

Batman: Legion
*A world where the Legion was inspired by Batman instead of Superman.
Ooh, the Espionage Squad would make an *awesome* Legion of the Bat!

Indeed, it could be fairly painlessly retconned into a 'normal' continuity, with a reveal that Cham, Violet, Tinya, Lyle, etc. are inspired by the subtler example of the Bat.

I had considered once a 'Justice Legion' with characters descended from / inspired by Superman (Laurel Kent? The original version of Sensor?), Batman, Wonder Woman (an amazon of the future?), Aquaman (aquakinetic atlantean?), Martian Manhunter, etc.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#472531 12/11/08 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
Creepy and brilliantly disturbing, or is disturbingly brilliant?
Uh.... yes ?

Is this a trick question ?

#472532 12/11/08 09:48 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Or is it a questioning trick?

#472533 12/12/08 09:46 AM
You're as bad as Matt E. [raspberry]

#472534 12/17/08 04:37 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The Joker: Hey Mistah T!
*A retelling of Sweeney Todd with the Joker as Mistah T and Harley Quinn as Mrs. Lovett.

#472535 01/03/09 07:12 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Opinion Time. Not an Elseworlds, but an alternate Earth. Got the idea from Final Crisis Secret Files. A story about Overgirl.

Dreams that Bleed

She left the note on his desk, written on his stationary. He was having a meeting, discussing that old man and his group of ramblers. Rambling in the voice of the dead. Karl was meeting with the valkyrie, the bat, and the one who smells like dead fish. She hates him and his leering, creepy eyes.

Kara Kant contemplated her next move, looking up in the sky, at a blue, shining jewel. A shining paradise lost in time-displaced darkness. The oasis of Earth.

All people live in peace. All people live in harmony. All people are one race and one color. All people live in hypocrisy.

There is no wind on the moon, in the Sea of Tranquility. Was it the Sea of Tranquility? She didn’t care at the moment. Her blonde curls stay in place. The only movement comes from the blinking of her blue eyes, and the rising and falling chest, covered by her Schutzstaffel symbol.

Kara Kant. The cousin of the Overman. The Overgirl. An example of what all girls should hope to be. A figurehead. An experiment.

Lately, she has been having dreams. Dreams that disturb her. These dreams, they are more like wounds. Dreams that bleed out of her mind as they wound the soul, as she wonders. What does she wonder? She wonders about this world. She wonders about her cousin. She wonders about herself.

The first dream was murky, but it kept insisting itself onto her, and the picture was getting clearer. A man and a woman. The man has brown hair, the woman is blonde, like her. She’s very little. The woman is crying, and the man is holding her for support. They are her parents. Of course, it is very simple. She is dreaming of the day they took her away.

She is not Karl’s actual cousin. She is a cousin in the loosest sense. Related by donated DNA samples, spliced into her biological makeup. The only child to survive. Imagine the Reich’s surprise when they learned a girl was the only survivor unscathed. Still not as powerful though, but it brought up a woman’s credibility by half. The only other survivor was better off dead. The Antihuman. By all means her brother and her shadow. A half-finished abortion shambling on twisted, super powered limbs.

She shifts in the dust, floating a inch above the ground. She stretches her arms and yawns. Sitting still for too long.

Since then, she has looked up to her cousin. Karl. Everyone else must refer to him as Overman, the Ubermensch. But not her.

#472536 01/08/09 11:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
More info on that Wicked Prayer idea.

Batman: Son of a man and woman wrongly executed as witches, seeking vengeance by dressing as one of the demons his parents were said to have danced with.

Wonder Woman: Native American princess in an all-women tribe, wrongly persecuted for having no men in their society. One of the colonists has her mother as a slave.

#472537 01/08/09 11:31 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
By The Sword

Undetermined character as the star. Inspired by the Captain Atom and the Atomic Knights of Earth-38.

Basically it would a nuclear steampunk King Arthur and the Roundtable world. Atomic knights, biohzard magic, robot kings.

#472538 01/08/09 11:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Batman: Enemy Lines

A continuation of Howard Chaykin's wonderful Dark Allegiances, with the exploits of Batman, Catwoman, and Alfred in Nazi Germany.

Legion of Super-Heroes: The Hawks and the Doves

Legion characters living in the USA during the Vietnam war and how they react to it.

#472539 01/29/09 07:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Fever Dreams

A what if scenario looking into the pre-Crisis Earth-17, where all heroes were created by the government, and examining the Legion, inspired by the 90s instead of the 80s.

#472540 01/31/09 12:16 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Suicide Legion - six Legion super-villains are put on a special double-secret probation. They work undercover for the UP, doing missions that the UP doesn't want more ethically minded persons to know about... The team might rotate through members, as some fail, betray the conditions of their limited parole or are lost on missions.

The initial line up would include;

Grimbor the Chainsman
Titania
Spider-Girl
Ron-Karr
and team leader, Mekt Ranzz, who, unknown to his team, has already satisfied the conditions of his parole and is considered rehabilitated. His secret orders are to keep the rest of them in line!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#472541 01/31/09 12:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
That actually would work. Cool. Suicide Squad and Legion. Never thought of that...

#472542 01/31/09 01:10 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
USA's Greatest

An amalgamation of ABC Comics with DC.

*Strongman: A combination of Superman and Tom Strong, with Tom Kent being the son of Jonathan and Martha Kent, scientists who saved their infant son's life by splicing him with alien DNA from their assistant, aide, and best friend Jerrel on the island of Vathlo. Tom travelled to Metropolis some time in the 1930s, and made the acquiantance of Loretta Laine, a reporter with whom he fell in love with, and enemies such as Alexander Savine. (More enemies later). However, it wasn't until later that Tom married his old friend from Vathlo, Lanna, and they had a daughter named Cara.

*Blackshirt: Greyshirt and Batman. Brucey Wayne, son of bootlegging socialites who reformed from a life of crime after he was almost killed by his lifelong partner and friend, Joe Chill. He is aided by Alfred, a Bhuddist monk living in an abandoned subway system in Gotham City. Blackshirt's many enemies include the Reel, an alien entity which stole Chill's soul and turned him into a grinning, slap-happy organ theif, along with Karl Katz, an aging gangster, and Sterling Silver, a kelptomaniac scientist socialite with skin of pure silver.

*The Orchid: Susan Sylvan, a combination of both Black Orchid, Cobweb, and Poison Ivy. The Orchid is a scantily-clad, sapphistic superhero whose assistant, Harleen (Clarice and Harley Quinn), aides her in her battles against crime. Susan is just one of many to call themselves the Orchid, including her mother, Selina Sylvan, and her grandmother, Seleste Sylvan, to make up for the crimes of their ancestors, including Soleil Sylvan, a Satantistic Orchid. Orchid's enemies include the Silken Spider, the Missing Trophywives of Rhode Island, Dr. Walpurgris Woodrue, and Flora Fauna Merriweather.

#472543 01/31/09 01:27 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A new Supergirl.
The pre-teen daughter of Superwoman, it's not known (publicly) whether her father is Ultraman or Owlman. Exiled into the future by the negative universe's Brainiac she uses the route through Qward into our positive energy universe where she discovers the Legion and is effectively more of an evil minded scamp than a real villian.
Although in her home reality murder and destruction is seen as a common activity so she's a holy terror.

#472544 01/31/09 01:37 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Wait, I'm kinda confused. Does that mean that this Supergirl is a holy terror in the positive universe, or was she in the negative universe.

(And to think I usually handle the + to - transfer so well)

#472545 01/31/09 09:35 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Untitled

*What if Superman's rocket had been the rocket which crashed into Roswell?

#472546 01/31/09 10:07 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They seem to think the Crime Syndicate is the top of the food chain so I suppose they'd see the negative Supergirl as their version of heroic.

In OUR universe she'd be something like the nigh unstoppable force that Prime is. She'd kill a planet full of "Asparagus people" because it's good clean fun...or something like that.

#472547 01/31/09 10:09 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ah. Thanks.

#472548 02/01/09 02:12 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hey no prob. I was trying to come up with a Superwoman vs. The Legion story and this sort of spun out of it.
I think the Legion needs new villains. Big villains. Negative Lois could kick a lot of their butts but a I think negative Supergirl would be more fun to write.

#472549 02/01/09 03:18 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well that is true, but we could use some more info on the old ones.

For starters, what the hell is Terrus' real name?

#472550 02/02/09 04:41 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Terrus.
You mean Tellus? I believe that is his real name. He was voted in to replace Saturn Girl as the Legion's telepath when the founders retired back in the late 80's.

Great story arc. Mentalla set out to prove she should have been the one voted in and so she joined the Empress's "new all female Fatal Five". She succeeded in bringing down the villains with the help of the Legion but sacrificed her life in the story's climax.
Yet another unsung hero of the Legion's glory days.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,928
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
MYG
MYG
Sayreville, NJ
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star