Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 10 Murran Spies, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 04/19/24 10:51 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Reboot - 04/19/24 04:18 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Ideas for Elseworlds
#472576 02/28/09 11:46 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Huh?
You lost me.

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#472577 03/01/09 01:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
As always Candice, you're brilliant.
Huh?

I had to check the name quick ~ I thought it must be Sarcasm Kid talking!

I hardly ever feel brilliant here, ya'll are so smart and articulate.
Thanks.
smile

So, what if Shadow Lass led the Legion through Jim Shooter's run?
I have to agree that Shooter doesn't seem to like women very well, so I don't have much faith in his working with her, which he didn't really do much of, did he?
She seemed pretty absent from most of the stories.

I like the ideas here, though.

Unfortunately, the 3boo Shady didn't really have much in the way of brains (even less than usual) ~ just action/status motivated.
Realistically, she probably would have been a disaster.
lol

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#472578 03/04/09 11:15 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Truth be told I perfer the original Shady. There was just something about Umbra that rubbed me the wrong way. Good costume, though.

#472579 03/04/09 11:26 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
laugh
I can see what you mean. Tasmia as Legion Leader would be a better story if Shooter doesn't handle it.

#472580 03/04/09 11:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hey, does anyone remember that Elseworlds The Secret Society of Super-Heroes?

#472581 03/04/09 11:37 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah.
Man, Bart was everywhere back then.

#472582 03/04/09 11:43 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It should've been longer. I think I might've already mentioned an idea I had for a sequel, called Kryptic Threats? If I didn't, it would've been about the group after they've gone public, new recruits, how those in the Zone will react to being free, and threats that threaten the Order's future.

New members would've been like:
*Omen: Barbara Lillian Gordon, a mysterious liasion with the Order who's really a tech-savy, psychic teenage girl.
*Alchemy: Kate Magnus.
*Harlequin: Psychiatrist Arleen Quincell.
*OMAC: Buddy Blank, psychically fit "One Man Army Corps".

And so on. I have more written somewhere, I need to find it.

#472583 03/06/09 12:07 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Here's one I've been tossing around:

"Power Girl and the Legion"

The sole survivor of the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-L is rocketed to Earth and raised as Karen Starr. As a teenager, she is visited by three youths from the future, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy, who, proclaiming her their inspiration, recruit her to join their "super-hero club" in the future. After spending several years in the future with them, she returns to her own time and fulfills her destiny as a second-generation member of the Justice Society of America.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#472584 03/06/09 06:39 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It's a shame we never got to find out if there was a Legion on Earth-2.

Harley & Ivy: Girl's Night Out

*An homage to the film Night of the Comet, where Harley and Ivy discover that they, and Batman, are now the last people on Earth thanks to a comet. Or are they?

#472585 03/16/09 08:31 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion: Wrath of the Emerald Dragon
*Jo is a 1930s pulp hero like the Green Hornet, and he romances debutante Tina Wallace while fighting the dreaded femme fatale known as the Spider.

#472586 03/16/09 08:50 PM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Here's one I've been tossing around:

"Power Girl and the Legion"

The sole survivor of the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-L is rocketed to Earth and raised as Karen Starr. As a teenager, she is visited by three youths from the future, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy, who, proclaiming her their inspiration, recruit her to join their "super-hero club" in the future. After spending several years in the future with them, she returns to her own time and fulfills her destiny as a second-generation member of the Justice Society of America.
love

In this reality, can they also talk "Linda" into ditching that idiotic wig ? It was no more convincing than "Clark's" glasses, but it was a whole lot cheesier.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472587 03/16/09 09:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I don't know that much, but I thought Power Girl was named "Karen Starr". I think you're confusing her with Supergirl's "Linda Lee".

#472588 03/16/09 09:52 PM
Sorry. I thought originally PG was just an alternate Super Girl. Nevermind. smirk

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472589 03/16/09 09:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well she is, technically. Kara Zor-El was Linda and Power Girl was Karen. I guess.

#472590 01/13/11 05:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Wonder Woman/Superman: Heritage
*What if Wonder Woman and Superman were siblings? In that Kal-El’s rocket had crashed on Paradise Island, and was raised by Hippolyta. However, she gives the “S-shield” to Diana, whom travels to man’s world and becomes Superwoman.

New Titans: Eternally Yours
*What if Arsenal’s Titans hadn’t disbanded?

Wonder Woman: A String of Pearls
*What if Wonder Woman was in the infamous, original telling of “Sweeney Todd”? Operating out of a clothing boutique, Diana, secretly the Wonder Woman, is sucked into a mystery involving a runaway hiding in her shop with claims of a doctor killing his patients and his mad assistant whom turns the bodies into meat pies for her shop.

Resurrection Man: Set in Gold
*What if Resurrection Man was a founder of the JSA?

Resurrection Man: Again and Again
*A look at Resurrection Man in each era of man’s history, from the dawn of man to the end of time.

Batman/Poison Ivy: Woodrue’s Daughter
*A combo of “Rappaccini’s Daughter” and “Rapunzel”, with Ivy as the daughter of mad botanist Jason Woodrue.

Wonder Woman/Teen Titans: To The Stars
*What if Wonder Woman and the Fab Five were the last survivors of Earth. The Fates warn Hippolyta that the Earth will soon be destroyed, and that her daughter and five others are meant to survive the disaster. Wonder Woman is already an adult, and her mother tells her she must find Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Wally West, Roy Harper, and Garth of Atlantis.

World’s Finest: Luthor & Joker
*A take on a Silver Age issue with Lex Luthor and the Joker being heroes, and Superman and Batman the bad guys,

Doom Patrol: The Last Patrol On Earth!
*What if the Doom Patrol were the last people on Earth?

Batman/Superman: The Significant Others
*What if Julie Madison was the Raven Woman, and Lois Lane was Krypton Girl, the world’s finest.

Supergirl/Arsenal: Angelic
*The basics of Peter David’s Supergirl, was that if a good person sacrificed themselves to save a damned individual, the two would merge to form an Earth-Born Angel. During a battle between the JLA and Deathstroke’s Titans, Supergirl tries to shield Arsenal from an explosion, and in the aftermath, the two have merged into a new Earth-Angel.

JLA: Writer’s Block
*What if the Writing Staff at DC awoke one morning and discovered they had changed into the respective character they’ve been focusing on specifically.

Batman: Family
*What if Thomas and Martha Wayne became Batman and Batwoman?

Xenobrood: Under New Management
*What if the individual members of the Xenobrood had been scattered to different owners?

Tempest: Bayou
*What if an amnesiac Garth spent five years living in a southern swamp?

Shazam!: Static
*What if Chain Lightning had absorbed the personalities of the Marvel Family?

Superman: Smallville’s Finest
*What if Clark Kent had stayed in Smallville and become the town’s sheriff?

Teen Titans: No War Is A Good War
*What if the Fab Five had served in Vietnam, and what would happen to them afterwards?

Supergirl: Bottled Up
*What if Supergirl was the heroine of Kandor, and only Kandor?

And some Marvel ideas...

What If… Selene had formed her own team, and not Emma Frost?

New Mutants: Academy X Forever
*What if Academy X had not been depowered?

Generation X Noir
*The members of Generation X are juvenile delinquents at a reform school during the 1960s.

What If… Apocalypse had brainwashed all of X-Factor into becoming his Horsemen?

What If… Mystique had raised all three of her children?

Sarcasm Kid #924930 04/01/17 06:19 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
bump

BUMP

Found this thread a couple hours ago, thanks to an Elseworlds search.

I totally LOVE it.

Thanks for starting it, Sarky.

And given my tendency to brainstorm alternate-universe fan fics, you can be sure I'll contribute some ideas to this thread soon.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Sarcasm Kid #924946 04/01/17 10:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for reminding me FL.

Sarcasm Kid #957220 08/26/18 06:50 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
SUPERMAN: A MAN FOR ALL TIMES

The Pitch: Jor-El turns out to be not only an Earth native born in the Stone Age, but also the younger brother of Vandal Savage, the Abel to his Cain.

The Plot: Turns out Earth was nearly colonized by Krypton, and many of the more peace-loving, progressive Terrans immigrated to Krypton, including Jor-El. His intermarriage to Lara Lor-Van, a rebellious scion of Krypton's upper-crust, was extremely controversial. Fearing the negative influence from Lara's side of the family, she and Jor sent their child, Kal, to be raised on Earth by Martha and Jonathan Kent, a kindly couple with well-balanced values. Superman finds out the truth about himself sooner than either his adoptive or biological parents had planned. Will he side with his evil uncle Van, the leader of a secret society who turn out to be the puppeteer of not only Lex Luthor (here a mad scientist, like the Pre-Crisis Lex,) but also Lex's boss, Bruce Wayne? Or will he forgive his family's well-intended deceptions and fight for a united galaxy and a better tomorrow?

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Sarcasm Kid #957240 08/26/18 08:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think the core of that idea should be canon. It would explain why Kryptonian and Terran DNA can blend easily together in both artificial and natural conditions. It might also explain why meta-humans randomly appear on Earth; it's not the result of mutation but gene manipulation by the once might Kryptonian Empire.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Sarcasm Kid #957242 08/26/18 08:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'm kind of loving the idea Superman is literally Abel's son.

Ann Hebistand #957275 08/26/18 10:45 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
Some great ideas here!

I especially like...

Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
Wonder Woman/Superman: Heritage
*What if Wonder Woman and Superman were siblings? In that Kal-El’s rocket had crashed on Paradise Island, and was raised by Hippolyta. However, she gives the “S-shield” to Diana, whom travels to man’s world and becomes Superwoman.

Looks at their relationship from a new angle.

New Titans: Eternally Yours
*What if Arsenal’s Titans hadn’t disbanded?

Eternally yours - do you already have an ending in mind for this?

Wonder Woman: A String of Pearls
*What if Wonder Woman was in the infamous, original telling of “Sweeney Todd”? Operating out of a clothing boutique, Diana, secretly the Wonder Woman, is sucked into a mystery involving a runaway hiding in her shop with claims of a doctor killing his patients and his mad assistant whom turns the bodies into meat pies for her shop.

Cute period piece idea! I can imagine Diana being all righteous fury.

Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
SUPERMAN: A MAN FOR ALL TIMES

The Pitch: Jor-El turns out to be not only an Earth native born in the Stone Age, but also the younger brother of Vandal Savage, the Abel to his Cain.

The Plot: Turns out Earth was nearly colonized by Krypton, and many of the more peace-loving, progressive Terrans immigrated to Krypton, including Jor-El. His intermarriage to Lara Lor-Van, a rebellious scion of Krypton's upper-crust, was extremely controversial. Fearing the negative influence from Lara's side of the family, she and Jor sent their child, Kal, to be raised on Earth by Martha and Jonathan Kent, a kindly couple with well-balanced values. Superman finds out the truth about himself sooner than either his adoptive or biological parents had planned. Will he side with his evil uncle Van, the leader of a secret society who turn out to be the puppeteer of not only Lex Luthor (here a mad scientist, like the Pre-Crisis Lex,) but also Lex's boss, Bruce Wayne? Or will he forgive his family's well-intended deceptions and fight for a united galaxy and a better tomorrow?

It would be great to see the Kents and the Els interacting. And I would love to see Supes beat up Vandal Savage.

Sarcasm Kid #957329 08/26/18 02:46 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
Thank you all. You are very kind.

Emily, I agree 100 percent that linking meta activity on Earth with Kryptonian genetic science would tie things together nicely for the DCU.

Sarcasm Kid #959688 09/20/18 12:39 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I've been thinking a lot about variations on Earth-2 lately, and I was thinking that a cool idea for a story would be something set in the 1950s, after most of the WW2 era heroes had retired, and which would focus on the grown-up/young adult versions of various kid characters from the Golden Age, both sidekicks like Robin, Sandy, Speedy, Wing, Dyna-Mite, etc., plus characters like the Blue Boys, Newsboy Legion, maybe even Genius Jones, etc.

I don't really have much of an idea beyond that, but it seemed like a cool setting/theme for a story.

Sarcasm Kid #959700 09/20/18 06:02 PM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I like your idea, EDE. It could be a light-hearted counterpoint to Paul Smith & James Robinson's "Golden Age" mini-series (a good story well-told, but in hindsight a bit too much of the grim & gloomy era during which it was produced.)

How about this for comedy: Dan the Dyna-Mite being hired by Madison Avenue execs to film TV commercials for Alka-Seltzer.

Sarcasm Kid #959710 09/20/18 07:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, I have mixed feeling on "The Golden Age" as well.

I see this as sort of an alternate "birth of the Silver Age", with the kid characters eventually stepping up to become the next generation of heroes in the mid-50s rather than the new "Earth-1" characters. But we'd see the path that led them there.

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,852
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
My Whee Fem
My Whee Fem
Security Office Lobby
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star