Roll Call
0 members (), 19 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 04:38 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 04:29 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 01:12 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 12:20 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 11:47 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Ideas for Elseworlds
#472501 12/03/08 05:56 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So, we all know that the Elseworlds stream has started to dry up since the Multiverse came back. But I've still had a few ideas for some.

The Hawkman of Notre Dame

Doom Patrol: Freaks
*An adaption of the 1932 horror film.

Catwoman: Night of the Man Bat
*A continuation of the Catwoman story from Batman Chronicles #11.

Batman/Legion: Salvation
*A sequel to Batman: Holy Terror, where Batman and his new partner, Robin, do a raid on another government testing facility, and rescue some of the men and women who would've been the Legion.

Batman/Sukeban Deka
*Batman is drawn to a crime ring in Japan, led by a corrupt politican and his three twisted daughters, being operated out of a high school. Along the way, he crosses paths with a teenage undercover detective who wields a metal yoyo as a weapon.

Green Lantern: Night of the Manhunter
*An adaption of the Noir film starring Jade and Obsidian.

Superman: Wicked Prayer
*Superman raised in colonial Rhode Island, then encountering the Witch Trials and Pastor Luthor.

Aquaman: Dagon
*A detective story in the same vein as the Doom That Came To Gotham, starring Arthur Curry investigating odd goings on in the seaside town of Innsmouth.

Teen Titans: The Golden Years
*If the Titans had started out during WWII with the Justice Society and the All-Star Squadron. The young heroes must travel into Axis Germany to save their mentors.

Green Lantern: The Yellow Light
*A continuation of Evil's Might, focusing on Carol Ferris, a mummy, Alan Scott, and Carol's new boyfriend, John Stewart.

Black Orchid: In Black And White
*Susan Black is a pulp detective.

Re: Ideas for Elseworlds
#472502 12/04/08 04:31 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I particularly like your Aquaman idea. That character might benefit from a total reworking, even if it was only for one Elseworlds issue.

I'd love to see a Steampunk Legion.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#472503 12/04/08 04:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, I already started a Legion Elseworlds called Cautionary Tales. It isn't steampunk, but it is 1930s Depression Era. That alright?

#472504 12/06/08 12:30 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
JLA: The Phoenix Group
*Set after Act of God, about the super-hero group that emerged after the Black Light event. Deals with the emergance of superpowered children, the fate of Atlantis, and a conflict between Linda Danvers and Matrix.

#472505 12/06/08 02:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Waay back when Gotham By Gaslight came out, someone (in CBG, I think) made a sarky remark about Commissioner Gordon hunting Robin Hood in Sherwood Forest, suggesting Elseworlds (although the term had yet to come about) could easily get out of hand.

I actually liked the idea (Gordon, that is. By the mid-90s, Elseworlds did get a bit out of hand).

The childhood friend Exnihil never had.
#472506 12/06/08 03:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
A little, I'll admit. But still fun.

#472507 12/06/08 04:47 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I'm pretty keen on the Superman: Wicked Prayer and Aquaman-in-Innsmouth concepts!

While it wasn't a DC Elseworlds, I had an insane idea to cross Bill Willingham's Elementals with Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Buffy Summers - Firefight, her physical energy sustained by the power of the sun.
Willow Rosenberg - Tempest, wild-maned mistress of storm and sea.
Rupert Giles - Stratus, able to draw knowledge from the whispers on the wind,
Xander Harris - Touchstone, drawing support from the foundations of the earth.

Each dies as a result of the element in question (but all at the hands of vampires, who smother, bury alive, etc. them), but are reborn, empowered by those elements of nature to fight back against the unnatural forces that have defied the natural order.

They are The Primal Defenders.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#472508 12/06/08 09:50 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
There were four others I had in mind. I remember the writers of the Superman's Metropolis trilogy stating they were gonna do a fourth one called The Green Light, and it was going to focus on Green Lantern, Flash, Aquawoman, and the recolonization of Earth. So, I thought up four.

Green Lantern: The Green Light
*The revelation that there were people who lived on Mars before it was colonized.

Flash: The White Flame

Martian Manhunter: The Golem

Aquawoman, the Mistress of Atlantis
*Basically this dealt with the attempt to revitalize the Earth, the discovery of Atlantis undernath the polluted ocean, and Arthur Curry's wife Kayako becoming Aquawoman after she is almost killed by Atlantis' jealous queen, Mera.

#472509 12/06/08 11:45 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
For a Legion related Elseworlds;

A retelling of Mary Shelly's Prometheus: a New Man, starring the mad Dr. Londo and his 'son,' the monster...

Or, same story, only Dr. Londo wears fishnets, kills and eats one of his guests, and sings to the captive Legionnaires about how 'in just seven days, I can make you a maaaaaannn!'

#472510 12/06/08 11:52 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Legion of Olympus;

A bearded red-haired sky-god, hurler of thunderbolts

His regal wife, whose gaze is a weapon and whose words are law

The distracted and irascible craftsman of the gods

The young god who carries the sun in his eyes, the far-sighted one who rides through the sky

Winged victory, soaring over battle

The protean shapeshifting god, with his everchanging face

The pale-skinned, white-haired goddess of the moon, patron of witches

#472511 12/07/08 12:21 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Cool. But could you specify on the craftsman god? Lyle or Brainy?

And besides that...

Batman: Legion
*A world where the Legion was inspired by Batman instead of Superman.

#472512 12/07/08 12:49 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Batman & Demon: A Comedy
*Sequel to Alan Grant's Batman & Demon Elseworlds. In revenge for killing his lover, a sorcerer named Simon Hurt places the Demon's essence inside a nameless sociopath, turning him into a giggling monster that slaughters anything in it's path.

#472513 12/07/08 03:22 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Sarcasm Kid:
I'm amazed this one was never done. It could be a noir Legion, or just have them focus more on detective work than brute superpowers.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#472514 12/07/08 10:29 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Not sure if this would count as an Elseworlds.

Gotham Girls: The Replacements
*Harley Quinn's status as the Joker's Gal is questioned by Fungus Souffle, a former conceptional artist named Shirley whom had a "piece" done by the Joker for her.
*Ivy's status as the World's Number One Female Criminal is questioned by Silken Spider, Dragonfly, and Tiger Moth, once the three deadliest Female Criminals on the planet.
*The two turn to Catwoman for help, until they learn she's having trouble with a villain calling himself King of the Cats, who's none other then her own brother!
*And all this time, Batgirl is dealing with the return of the ORIGINAL Bat-Girl.
*And what's going on with Renee Montoya and the new detective from Metropolis?

#472515 12/09/08 12:26 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Two ideas involving House of Wax, the one with Vincent Price, not Paris Hilton

Batman: House of Wax
*A simple Batman detective story in 1910 Gotham, where Batman tries to discover the whereabouts of missing bodies and how it coincides with the opening of Basil Karlo's Wax Museum

Legion: House of Wax
*More detailed then the original story, focusing on the Ranzz family and featuring people dying for their cruel ways and put up in displays demonstrating the evolution of cruelty in the history of Man.

#472516 12/09/08 02:02 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Superman Jr. and Batman Jr.: For the Children
*The Super-Sons meet the children of the Legionnaires.

#472517 12/09/08 02:28 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion of Super-Heroes: An Unfinished Aria
*Phantom of the Opera, with Brin playing the role of the Phantom and Aria as Christine.

#472518 12/10/08 08:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
So, since some of you were interested in Dagon, I thought up a little opening...

The sky was blue and violet, slowing becoming black and scarlet as lightning cracked the sun and the clouds cried blood red tears.

ARTHUR CURRY DETECTIVE AGENCY

that was what the sign on the front window of the buidling read. He was on the second floor, reading the Daily Star, when she walked in. That's how these stories go, don't they? He looked up from the paper.

"Closed."

She didn't respond to that. She just walked right in and took the chair in front of the desk.

"I said-"

"10,000."

He raised an eyebrow.

"Upfront," she said as she placed a black leather case in front of him. The latch clicked open. He analyzed the presidents looking up at him with their green eyes. He laid back on the chair.

"Name?" He asked.

"Mira."

"That all?"

"All you need to know at the moment. There's another twenty thousand in it. If you're to take the job."

She took off her black hat, revealing an ocean of red hair. The hat no longer obscured two green eyes, alive and bright like the jungle tropic. Arthur's heart skipped a beat when he gazed at her Venusian featurs. His blood rushed. A small bump under the table was heard. She didn't notice, or didn't care. She wasn't picking up anything from him, actually. He was good at hiding his emotions. That's one of the rules in this job. Never get attached to the client.

"Lemme guess. You want me to find your, what, father, husband, son...?" He listed.

"You were right the first time. Yes, my father. But I know where he is."

"Ah, you want me to drag him back home." He mused.

"I didn't know you specialized in graverobbing."

So, a simple murder investigation.

"Before you say anything, I know how he died. Morphine overdose." She told him.

"So, you want what exactly? To find out why?"

"I'll make it easy for you, Mr. Curry. This was one of the reasons."

She reached into her coat and pulled out something long and small, wrapped in handkerchief. Too small to be a gun, too big to be a knife. She placed it next to the briefcase, and unwrapped it. Arthur didn't know what he was looking at. It was a statuette, or some sort of idol. He picked it up, and loathed every second he held it in his hands. The feeling he registered from that small stone piece was one he never wanted to feel again, a cold, clammy feeling like handling a bloated, waterdredged body, at the bottom of the sea for months.

It was dark green and heavily worn down, possibly by sea water. It was made out of a substance he didn't recognize, and covered in markings that looked like the designs of a schizophrenic artist. It vaguely resembled a man, but no man he had ever seen, and no man he would ever want to meet. Scaly arms reaching outwards, fangs, and what looked like slime carved into it. The stone eyes burned with malevolence, but carried an air of a religious icon. It was repulsive in every sense of the word, and he wondered why anyone would carry this loathsome thing with them.

"And this..." Mira said as she pulled the briefcase back to her, and pulled something out from underneath the money.

"Is another."

A leatherbound journal. He creaked open the cover, and began to read the sad, strange story of Mira's father.

#472519 12/11/08 10:10 AM
space mutineer & purveyor of quality sammitches
Well, I actually enjoyed this quite a bit. Not sure how much constructive criticism I can offer, given my lack of familiarity with Elseworlds-- not to mention that I haven't paid attention to Aquaman since the 1970s.

(Actually I did just see one of the re-workings in the JLU cartoon, which wasn't bad except for the hook-on-hand business, which bugged me.)

Stoopid question: Is this story happening on land, or underwater ? blush

Oh, and finish Cautionary Tales awready !! I'm not getting any younger.

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472520 12/11/08 04:17 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It'll be happening in both. I hope.

#472521 12/11/08 04:24 PM
Y'know, I don't watch anime, and the only jpop in my collection is Qypthone, Orange Pekoe, and some Monday Michiru bootlegs.

Somehow it doesn't sound right playing that stuff when I'm reading about crossover supervillain gangs, doomed love triangles and geysers of blood. OTOH, I don't know much about anime, so maybe that's exactly the visual-aural contrast I'm supposed to be aiming for.

Anti-synasthaesia ? Contrarian synasthaesia ?

Hey, Kids! My "Cranky and Kitschy" collage art is now viewable on DeviantArt! Drop by and tell me that I sent you. *updated often!*
#472522 12/11/08 04:37 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
You've never seen Utena. Most of the stuff on there is messed up.

#472523 12/11/08 04:44 PM
Well, I kinda' gathered that from the fic. But is the music also messed-up, or is it peppy and peppered at random with chirpy girls in knockoff Space 1999 costumes singing about scooters and funny mustaches ?

Y'know, like this .

#472524 12/11/08 05:13 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The blood was really inspired from Geoff Johns story about the Red Lanterns. But, to answer your question, you should watch the show. They have most of the episodes dubbed on youtube.

Episode One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tez0dYdZMJc

(Note: The anime was much more metaphysical and symbolic then the manga)

#472525 12/11/08 05:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Would this count as an Elseworlds? It's a little short story I thought off, basically a parody of that Home Movies episode where Brendon is forced to spend the weekend at the psycho Fenton's house.

Legion of Super-Heroes: My Babysitter, My Nightmare
*Graym is forced to spend the weekend with a creepy babysitter and her psycho son. May the mental scarring begin.

#472526 12/11/08 07:24 PM
SK:

(Note: The anime was much more metaphysical and symbolic then the manga)
Okay, I will look. But I should work on that fic I promised 1000Green for her FF.net challenge first. Otherwise my Legion will start behaving like your Legion and everyone will get all confused and stuff.

I did make it through two "Battle Royale" movies, so maybe this won't be enough to kill me, either...

#472527 12/11/08 07:39 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
And we wouldn't want that, now would we?

#472528 12/11/08 07:48 PM
I can't die until I've tapped out all my Unemployment. That means I still have at least 6-8 weeks to live.

It also just occurred to me that Battle Royale is kind of like Anti-Matter-Legion.

Legion: Powerful adult bankrolls teenagers on humane mission in order to guard the galaxy from evil.

BR: Powerful adult engineers a sort of blood-drenched pep rally where teenagers kill each other in order to... well, the reason why depends on whether it's book or movie, but...

I wonder if anyone mentions that in Teenagers From The Future. If nobody has, there ought to be another book so they can include that particular essay. Because that would be very cool. grin

#472529 12/11/08 07:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Creepy and brilliantly disturbing, or is disturbingly brilliant?

#472530 12/11/08 08:05 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Cool. But could you specify on the craftsman god? Lyle or Brainy?
I was thinking Brainy. Lyle might be one of those gods who was known for turning himself invisible, like Hermes, the messenger.

Ooh, the Espionage Squad would make an *awesome* Legion of the Bat!

Indeed, it could be fairly painlessly retconned into a 'normal' continuity, with a reveal that Cham, Violet, Tinya, Lyle, etc. are inspired by the subtler example of the Bat.

I had considered once a 'Justice Legion' with characters descended from / inspired by Superman (Laurel Kent? The original version of Sensor?), Batman, Wonder Woman (an amazon of the future?), Aquaman (aquakinetic atlantean?), Martian Manhunter, etc.

#472531 12/11/08 09:27 PM
Creepy and brilliantly disturbing, or is disturbingly brilliant?
Uh.... yes ?

Is this a trick question ?

#472532 12/11/08 09:48 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Or is it a questioning trick?

#472533 12/12/08 09:46 AM
You're as bad as Matt E. [raspberry]

#472534 12/17/08 04:37 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
The Joker: Hey Mistah T!
*A retelling of Sweeney Todd with the Joker as Mistah T and Harley Quinn as Mrs. Lovett.

#472535 01/03/09 07:12 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Opinion Time. Not an Elseworlds, but an alternate Earth. Got the idea from Final Crisis Secret Files. A story about Overgirl.

Dreams that Bleed

She left the note on his desk, written on his stationary. He was having a meeting, discussing that old man and his group of ramblers. Rambling in the voice of the dead. Karl was meeting with the valkyrie, the bat, and the one who smells like dead fish. She hates him and his leering, creepy eyes.

Kara Kant contemplated her next move, looking up in the sky, at a blue, shining jewel. A shining paradise lost in time-displaced darkness. The oasis of Earth.

All people live in peace. All people live in harmony. All people are one race and one color. All people live in hypocrisy.

There is no wind on the moon, in the Sea of Tranquility. Was it the Sea of Tranquility? She didn’t care at the moment. Her blonde curls stay in place. The only movement comes from the blinking of her blue eyes, and the rising and falling chest, covered by her Schutzstaffel symbol.

Kara Kant. The cousin of the Overman. The Overgirl. An example of what all girls should hope to be. A figurehead. An experiment.

Lately, she has been having dreams. Dreams that disturb her. These dreams, they are more like wounds. Dreams that bleed out of her mind as they wound the soul, as she wonders. What does she wonder? She wonders about this world. She wonders about her cousin. She wonders about herself.

The first dream was murky, but it kept insisting itself onto her, and the picture was getting clearer. A man and a woman. The man has brown hair, the woman is blonde, like her. She’s very little. The woman is crying, and the man is holding her for support. They are her parents. Of course, it is very simple. She is dreaming of the day they took her away.

She is not Karl’s actual cousin. She is a cousin in the loosest sense. Related by donated DNA samples, spliced into her biological makeup. The only child to survive. Imagine the Reich’s surprise when they learned a girl was the only survivor unscathed. Still not as powerful though, but it brought up a woman’s credibility by half. The only other survivor was better off dead. The Antihuman. By all means her brother and her shadow. A half-finished abortion shambling on twisted, super powered limbs.

She shifts in the dust, floating a inch above the ground. She stretches her arms and yawns. Sitting still for too long.

Since then, she has looked up to her cousin. Karl. Everyone else must refer to him as Overman, the Ubermensch. But not her.

#472536 01/08/09 11:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
More info on that Wicked Prayer idea.

Batman: Son of a man and woman wrongly executed as witches, seeking vengeance by dressing as one of the demons his parents were said to have danced with.

Wonder Woman: Native American princess in an all-women tribe, wrongly persecuted for having no men in their society. One of the colonists has her mother as a slave.

#472537 01/08/09 11:31 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
By The Sword

Undetermined character as the star. Inspired by the Captain Atom and the Atomic Knights of Earth-38.

Basically it would a nuclear steampunk King Arthur and the Roundtable world. Atomic knights, biohzard magic, robot kings.

#472538 01/08/09 11:33 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Batman: Enemy Lines

A continuation of Howard Chaykin's wonderful Dark Allegiances, with the exploits of Batman, Catwoman, and Alfred in Nazi Germany.

Legion of Super-Heroes: The Hawks and the Doves

Legion characters living in the USA during the Vietnam war and how they react to it.

#472539 01/29/09 07:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Fever Dreams

A what if scenario looking into the pre-Crisis Earth-17, where all heroes were created by the government, and examining the Legion, inspired by the 90s instead of the 80s.

#472540 01/31/09 12:16 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Suicide Legion - six Legion super-villains are put on a special double-secret probation. They work undercover for the UP, doing missions that the UP doesn't want more ethically minded persons to know about... The team might rotate through members, as some fail, betray the conditions of their limited parole or are lost on missions.

The initial line up would include;

Grimbor the Chainsman
Titania
Spider-Girl
Ron-Karr
and team leader, Mekt Ranzz, who, unknown to his team, has already satisfied the conditions of his parole and is considered rehabilitated. His secret orders are to keep the rest of them in line!

#472541 01/31/09 12:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
That actually would work. Cool. Suicide Squad and Legion. Never thought of that...

#472542 01/31/09 01:10 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
USA's Greatest

An amalgamation of ABC Comics with DC.

*Strongman: A combination of Superman and Tom Strong, with Tom Kent being the son of Jonathan and Martha Kent, scientists who saved their infant son's life by splicing him with alien DNA from their assistant, aide, and best friend Jerrel on the island of Vathlo. Tom travelled to Metropolis some time in the 1930s, and made the acquiantance of Loretta Laine, a reporter with whom he fell in love with, and enemies such as Alexander Savine. (More enemies later). However, it wasn't until later that Tom married his old friend from Vathlo, Lanna, and they had a daughter named Cara.

*Blackshirt: Greyshirt and Batman. Brucey Wayne, son of bootlegging socialites who reformed from a life of crime after he was almost killed by his lifelong partner and friend, Joe Chill. He is aided by Alfred, a Bhuddist monk living in an abandoned subway system in Gotham City. Blackshirt's many enemies include the Reel, an alien entity which stole Chill's soul and turned him into a grinning, slap-happy organ theif, along with Karl Katz, an aging gangster, and Sterling Silver, a kelptomaniac scientist socialite with skin of pure silver.

*The Orchid: Susan Sylvan, a combination of both Black Orchid, Cobweb, and Poison Ivy. The Orchid is a scantily-clad, sapphistic superhero whose assistant, Harleen (Clarice and Harley Quinn), aides her in her battles against crime. Susan is just one of many to call themselves the Orchid, including her mother, Selina Sylvan, and her grandmother, Seleste Sylvan, to make up for the crimes of their ancestors, including Soleil Sylvan, a Satantistic Orchid. Orchid's enemies include the Silken Spider, the Missing Trophywives of Rhode Island, Dr. Walpurgris Woodrue, and Flora Fauna Merriweather.

#472543 01/31/09 01:27 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
A new Supergirl.
The pre-teen daughter of Superwoman, it's not known (publicly) whether her father is Ultraman or Owlman. Exiled into the future by the negative universe's Brainiac she uses the route through Qward into our positive energy universe where she discovers the Legion and is effectively more of an evil minded scamp than a real villian.
Although in her home reality murder and destruction is seen as a common activity so she's a holy terror.

#472544 01/31/09 01:37 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Wait, I'm kinda confused. Does that mean that this Supergirl is a holy terror in the positive universe, or was she in the negative universe.

(And to think I usually handle the + to - transfer so well)

#472545 01/31/09 09:35 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Untitled

*What if Superman's rocket had been the rocket which crashed into Roswell?

#472546 01/31/09 10:07 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
They seem to think the Crime Syndicate is the top of the food chain so I suppose they'd see the negative Supergirl as their version of heroic.

In OUR universe she'd be something like the nigh unstoppable force that Prime is. She'd kill a planet full of "Asparagus people" because it's good clean fun...or something like that.

#472547 01/31/09 10:09 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ah. Thanks.

#472548 02/01/09 02:12 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hey no prob. I was trying to come up with a Superwoman vs. The Legion story and this sort of spun out of it.
I think the Legion needs new villains. Big villains. Negative Lois could kick a lot of their butts but a I think negative Supergirl would be more fun to write.

#472549 02/01/09 03:18 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well that is true, but we could use some more info on the old ones.

For starters, what the hell is Terrus' real name?

#472550 02/02/09 04:41 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Terrus.
You mean Tellus? I believe that is his real name. He was voted in to replace Saturn Girl as the Legion's telepath when the founders retired back in the late 80's.

Great story arc. Mentalla set out to prove she should have been the one voted in and so she joined the Empress's "new all female Fatal Five". She succeeded in bringing down the villains with the help of the Legion but sacrificed her life in the story's climax.
Yet another unsung hero of the Legion's glory days.

#472551 02/02/09 04:47 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
True. And she didn't catch a break in either of the reboots. Since they never used her again.

Actually, I think Tellus' real name was Ganglios.

I meant Terrus, the guy dressed like a Jonathan Crane fan who joined the LSV during the Eye For An Eye story.

#472552 02/02/09 06:29 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I haven't a clue about Terrus.

But, I loved the Kara in the Superman/Aliens crossover with Darkhorse a few years ago.
It ended with Superman thinking she's dead and Kara rocketing off into space.

I'd love to see THIS Kara get a chance with an elseworld Legion that has more of a Bugforce look and feel to it.

The darker Legion would be more along the lines of a French Foreign Legion ~ a private military of misfits who serve in a horrible rescue business and are without much hope, until Kara arrives.

I can see:
Brainy as the automitron/science coordinator,

Umbra as the dihonored and exiled planetary champion, a shadowrealm nexus/fighter,

Jo Nah as an ex-gang member (there's a stretch) with the same powers he has now,

Phantom as a misfit/outcast mutant caught between two realities,

Chameleon as the weird & hated shapeshifter,

Sizzler who's the youngest and there as a lowly caste servant with powers that she's just growing into,

Nura as the precog fighter and field leader with Val, her man, as the greatest weapons expert and fighter in the lost end of Bug hunting.

Brande is the company owner and the one who sends them out on their missions, usually at tge galaxy's ends, cleaning up colony or ship infestations ala Aliens.

Triad is the medic and carries the forcefield belt used for transport and protection.

Kara crashes onto a quarantined world and smack into a running fight like the one she left on Argo.
She's not Kryptonian but discovers that she has powers almost as great as Kal's. On her voyage, she went through a wormhole in space and time. The energies involved have altered her DNA in much the same way as the Fantastic Four experienced in the Marvel Universe, resulting in her powers being very similar to Kal's.

Anyway, that's the idea that just sprang from my head like Athena from Zeus.
haha
Lovely thread.
I don't understand most of the exchanges but I certainly like many of the ideas (and the writing).
laugh

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#472553 02/02/09 08:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hmmmmmm...

Tell me, Sizzler, is she that rejected applicant or is she supposed to be Ayla?

#472554 02/02/09 09:20 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I vote for an angry Ayla seeking revenge for her murdered brothers.

#472555 02/02/09 10:06 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
And later we could find out that one of her brothers is still alive and responsible for killing the other.

But we don't find out WHICH brother it is.

#472556 02/05/09 02:26 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
So, we've heard an idea for a Legion of the Bat, but what would a Legion inspired by the third member of the 'Trinity,' Wonder Woman, look like?

Amazon Legion, anyone?

#472557 02/05/09 03:16 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Coo000lll.
So...
Kal was an alien who could "leap over tall buildings" and never became the galactic inspiration for Xenophilia, Bruce was an "urban legend" and may or may not occupy a niche in folklore and they both remained minor players, their work was obscured by Diana who became an inspiration to women for over a thousand years.

A Legion dominated by the fems where the classic sexist quote is, "Mordru was defeated by a boy!" lol

That would be so much fun to write. Tack on Adam Hughes to draw it and it'd outsell almost everything on the market .. except maybe another X-Men swimsuit issue.

#472558 02/05/09 03:19 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well, how bout if the Legion was more like Young Justice, or the Teen Titans trinity. We'd have Rokk as Robin, Garth as Superboy, and Imra as a Wonder Girl type.

#472559 02/05/09 08:07 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
[b]Batman: Legion
I'm amazed this one was never done. It could be a noir Legion, or just have them focus more on detective work than brute superpowers.[/b]
Cool idea! Maybe they'd also operate in the shadows, becoming something more like a secret society.(the initiations would be pretty cool) They might even all wear masks...

#472560 02/05/09 08:11 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
And of course they would have secret identities, which would render moot the question of why supervillains have never bothered to attack their families. Sometimes.

#472561 02/05/09 08:28 PM
FWIW, I did read a "Legion of the Bat" fanfic once, over at the Geocities boards. It wasn't half-bad.

If you were gonna' write one about Wonder Woman as LSH inspiration, you'd want to tie it closely together with the history of Naltor. (In the Levitz Era, Dream Girl and White Witch were the daughters of the High Seer, and the planet was matrilineal.) Maybe there'd be a long-term connection with the matriarchs from the Nal sisters' homeworld, the Amazons and the Legion.

#472562 02/05/09 08:35 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
And of course they would have secret identities, which would render moot the question of why supervillains have never bothered to attack their families. Sometimes.
And, naturally, in a 'Legion of the Bat,' the grizzled old soldier R.J. Brande would take on the role of that Batman takes on at the end of The Dark Knight, forsaking the cowl and bending his energies to training a new generation...

#472563 02/12/09 07:19 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Thought up a better version of that Black Orchid idea.

Black Orchid: In Black & White
*Suzy Black is an innocent schoolgirl who is thrown into the dark, adult world, all the while maintaining her innocence when solving the question of...

"Who Killed the Black Orchid?"

#472564 02/16/09 10:52 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
My brother came up with this one.

*What if the Joker finally became sane?

#472565 02/16/09 11:29 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I can't see how that could work. I think the Jokester was a bit of a play on that concept but his story was too tragic to work well. A sane Joker could only look at his past actions and judge himself beyond help..as I perceive it.

Of course (as always) it depends on what a writer does in the way of setting up the background and the supporting characters. Could the Joker become the anti-hero that beats the stuffing out of Lex Luthor and the Parasite? Could he bring down Bane or Ras al Ghul and team up with Nightwing?

#472566 02/16/09 11:32 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'd have to ask my brother, he came up with the idea.

#472567 02/22/09 11:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My brother came up with this one.

Maybe it could be called 'Redemption' or 'Enlightenment'?

Maybe the final words of his last victim somehow touch him and he has an epiphany(sp), and trys to work out his redemption, perhaps not for himself but for that last person he killed.

There'd be so many ways you could go with that idea!
How would the Joker even know what was right to do?
Would he take a memtor or a hero to copy?
Who would help? Try to drag him back? Not believe him?
Could he change even though he now knows he's evil?

In the right hands that could be a very powerful story.

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#472568 02/23/09 12:00 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
As always Candice, you're brilliant.

In the 3boot there was a moment where Shadow Lass announced that she was interested in the leadership. I believe that we here at Legionworld were responsible for that moment and I'm very proud of it. I have to wonder how that would have changed the Legion in the last dozen issues.

So, what if Shadow Lass led the Legion through Jim Shooter's run?

#472569 02/23/09 03:42 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Great question! I bet she wouldn't have signed the contract with the U.P., or being something of a world leader herself, she would have been a lot more careful than Lightning Lad was. So they wouldn't have gotten all their funding, their fancy new HQ, and would have been more hard-edged and scrappy. The storyline would have gone in an entirely different direction. since they'd still be somewhat in opposition to the U.P. and wouldn't have any money.

And I really like the Joker goes sane idea. It would be (should be) a very complex story.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#472570 02/23/09 09:46 AM
(snip)

Yellow Kid:

Errr... from what I gather it would have involved either evil or some veiled, uh... romantic dysfunction. Or possibly both.

tongue

I definitely preferred warrior Shady to quiet little I'm-nothing-without-Mon-El Shady-- except for the goofy near-crotchless hot pants look. But I'd gathered from this space and others that quite a number of readers had misgivings about the way Shooter wrote female characters.

Oh, and the Joker (aka "Spring-Heeled Jack") isn't exactly sane in this story , but he is working for the good guys. FWIW. I love this story, myself.

#472571 02/23/09 07:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Originally posted by Candle:
[b] My brother came up with this one.

Maybe it could be called 'Redemption' or 'Enlightenment'?

Maybe the final words of his last victim somehow touch him and he has an epiphany(sp), and trys to work out his redemption, perhaps not for himself but for that last person he killed.

There'd be so many ways you could go with that idea!
How would the Joker even know what was right to do?
Would he take a memtor or a hero to copy?
Who would help? Try to drag him back? Not believe him?
Could he change even though he now knows he's evil?

In the right hands that could be a very powerful story. [/b]
Thanks you guys. These are all wonderful ideas. Makes me glad I started this thread.

#472572 02/25/09 03:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
In a departure from our exchange of ideas, did anyone ever read Supergirl: Wings?

#472573 02/28/09 10:19 AM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

I'm not sure if this applies but this week's Brave and Bold cartoon has The Red Hood teaming up with Batman.
By the opposite universe's standards Joker is just as nuts as always but by ours the Red Hood is a pretty decent guy. At least he's a good guy in a world ruled by the villains.

#472574 02/28/09 10:14 PM
.. Offline
Wanderer
Wanderer
I got an idea...actually working on the story now....

Sgt. Rokk and Legion Co.

LSH in WW2 times

#472575 02/28/09 11:36 PM
K
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
K

#472576 02/28/09 11:46 PM
3-G Offline
Substitute
Substitute
Huh?
You lost me.

I'm too sexy for my shirt.
#472577 03/01/09 01:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by Yellow Kid:
As always Candice, you're brilliant.
Huh?

I had to check the name quick ~ I thought it must be Sarcasm Kid talking!

I hardly ever feel brilliant here, ya'll are so smart and articulate.
Thanks.
smile

I have to agree that Shooter doesn't seem to like women very well, so I don't have much faith in his working with her, which he didn't really do much of, did he?
She seemed pretty absent from most of the stories.

I like the ideas here, though.

Unfortunately, the 3boo Shady didn't really have much in the way of brains (even less than usual) ~ just action/status motivated.
Realistically, she probably would have been a disaster.
lol

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#472578 03/04/09 11:15 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Truth be told I perfer the original Shady. There was just something about Umbra that rubbed me the wrong way. Good costume, though.

#472579 03/04/09 11:26 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
laugh
I can see what you mean. Tasmia as Legion Leader would be a better story if Shooter doesn't handle it.

#472580 03/04/09 11:28 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Hey, does anyone remember that Elseworlds The Secret Society of Super-Heroes?

#472581 03/04/09 11:37 PM
Yk Offline
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah.
Man, Bart was everywhere back then.

#472582 03/04/09 11:43 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It should've been longer. I think I might've already mentioned an idea I had for a sequel, called Kryptic Threats? If I didn't, it would've been about the group after they've gone public, new recruits, how those in the Zone will react to being free, and threats that threaten the Order's future.

New members would've been like:
*Omen: Barbara Lillian Gordon, a mysterious liasion with the Order who's really a tech-savy, psychic teenage girl.
*Alchemy: Kate Magnus.
*Harlequin: Psychiatrist Arleen Quincell.
*OMAC: Buddy Blank, psychically fit "One Man Army Corps".

And so on. I have more written somewhere, I need to find it.

#472583 03/06/09 12:07 AM
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Fabulous and Sparkly!
Here's one I've been tossing around:

"Power Girl and the Legion"

The sole survivor of the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-L is rocketed to Earth and raised as Karen Starr. As a teenager, she is visited by three youths from the future, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy, who, proclaiming her their inspiration, recruit her to join their "super-hero club" in the future. After spending several years in the future with them, she returns to her own time and fulfills her destiny as a second-generation member of the Justice Society of America.

The only character in all of literature who has been described as "badnass" while using the phrase "vile miscreant."
#472584 03/06/09 06:39 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
It's a shame we never got to find out if there was a Legion on Earth-2.

Harley & Ivy: Girl's Night Out

*An homage to the film Night of the Comet, where Harley and Ivy discover that they, and Batman, are now the last people on Earth thanks to a comet. Or are they?

#472585 03/16/09 08:31 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Legion: Wrath of the Emerald Dragon
*Jo is a 1930s pulp hero like the Green Hornet, and he romances debutante Tina Wallace while fighting the dreaded femme fatale known as the Spider.

#472586 03/16/09 08:50 PM
Originally posted by Rockhopper Lad:
Here's one I've been tossing around:

"Power Girl and the Legion"

The sole survivor of the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-L is rocketed to Earth and raised as Karen Starr. As a teenager, she is visited by three youths from the future, Cosmic Boy, Saturn Girl and Lightning Boy, who, proclaiming her their inspiration, recruit her to join their "super-hero club" in the future. After spending several years in the future with them, she returns to her own time and fulfills her destiny as a second-generation member of the Justice Society of America.
love

In this reality, can they also talk "Linda" into ditching that idiotic wig ? It was no more convincing than "Clark's" glasses, but it was a whole lot cheesier.

#472587 03/16/09 09:51 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I don't know that much, but I thought Power Girl was named "Karen Starr". I think you're confusing her with Supergirl's "Linda Lee".

#472588 03/16/09 09:52 PM
Sorry. I thought originally PG was just an alternate Super Girl. Nevermind. smirk

#472589 03/16/09 09:53 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Well she is, technically. Kara Zor-El was Linda and Power Girl was Karen. I guess.

#472590 01/13/11 05:49 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Wonder Woman/Superman: Heritage
*What if Wonder Woman and Superman were siblings? In that Kal-El’s rocket had crashed on Paradise Island, and was raised by Hippolyta. However, she gives the “S-shield” to Diana, whom travels to man’s world and becomes Superwoman.

New Titans: Eternally Yours
*What if Arsenal’s Titans hadn’t disbanded?

Wonder Woman: A String of Pearls
*What if Wonder Woman was in the infamous, original telling of “Sweeney Todd”? Operating out of a clothing boutique, Diana, secretly the Wonder Woman, is sucked into a mystery involving a runaway hiding in her shop with claims of a doctor killing his patients and his mad assistant whom turns the bodies into meat pies for her shop.

Resurrection Man: Set in Gold
*What if Resurrection Man was a founder of the JSA?

Resurrection Man: Again and Again
*A look at Resurrection Man in each era of man’s history, from the dawn of man to the end of time.

Batman/Poison Ivy: Woodrue’s Daughter
*A combo of “Rappaccini’s Daughter” and “Rapunzel”, with Ivy as the daughter of mad botanist Jason Woodrue.

Wonder Woman/Teen Titans: To The Stars
*What if Wonder Woman and the Fab Five were the last survivors of Earth. The Fates warn Hippolyta that the Earth will soon be destroyed, and that her daughter and five others are meant to survive the disaster. Wonder Woman is already an adult, and her mother tells her she must find Dick Grayson, Donna Troy, Wally West, Roy Harper, and Garth of Atlantis.

World’s Finest: Luthor & Joker
*A take on a Silver Age issue with Lex Luthor and the Joker being heroes, and Superman and Batman the bad guys,

Doom Patrol: The Last Patrol On Earth!
*What if the Doom Patrol were the last people on Earth?

Batman/Superman: The Significant Others
*What if Julie Madison was the Raven Woman, and Lois Lane was Krypton Girl, the world’s finest.

Supergirl/Arsenal: Angelic
*The basics of Peter David’s Supergirl, was that if a good person sacrificed themselves to save a damned individual, the two would merge to form an Earth-Born Angel. During a battle between the JLA and Deathstroke’s Titans, Supergirl tries to shield Arsenal from an explosion, and in the aftermath, the two have merged into a new Earth-Angel.

JLA: Writer’s Block
*What if the Writing Staff at DC awoke one morning and discovered they had changed into the respective character they’ve been focusing on specifically.

Batman: Family
*What if Thomas and Martha Wayne became Batman and Batwoman?

Xenobrood: Under New Management
*What if the individual members of the Xenobrood had been scattered to different owners?

Tempest: Bayou
*What if an amnesiac Garth spent five years living in a southern swamp?

Shazam!: Static
*What if Chain Lightning had absorbed the personalities of the Marvel Family?

Superman: Smallville’s Finest
*What if Clark Kent had stayed in Smallville and become the town’s sheriff?

Teen Titans: No War Is A Good War
*What if the Fab Five had served in Vietnam, and what would happen to them afterwards?

Supergirl: Bottled Up
*What if Supergirl was the heroine of Kandor, and only Kandor?

And some Marvel ideas...

What If… Selene had formed her own team, and not Emma Frost?

New Mutants: Academy X Forever
*What if Academy X had not been depowered?

Generation X Noir
*The members of Generation X are juvenile delinquents at a reform school during the 1960s.

What If… Apocalypse had brainwashed all of X-Factor into becoming his Horsemen?

What If… Mystique had raised all three of her children?

Sarcasm Kid #924930 04/01/17 06:19 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
bump

BUMP

Found this thread a couple hours ago, thanks to an Elseworlds search.

I totally LOVE it.

Thanks for starting it, Sarky.

And given my tendency to brainstorm alternate-universe fan fics, you can be sure I'll contribute some ideas to this thread soon.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
Sarcasm Kid #924946 04/01/17 10:05 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Completely forgot about this thread. Thanks for reminding me FL.

Sarcasm Kid #957220 08/26/18 06:50 AM
Independent Scholar
Online Sleepy
Independent Scholar
SUPERMAN: A MAN FOR ALL TIMES

The Pitch: Jor-El turns out to be not only an Earth native born in the Stone Age, but also the younger brother of Vandal Savage, the Abel to his Cain.

The Plot: Turns out Earth was nearly colonized by Krypton, and many of the more peace-loving, progressive Terrans immigrated to Krypton, including Jor-El. His intermarriage to Lara Lor-Van, a rebellious scion of Krypton's upper-crust, was extremely controversial. Fearing the negative influence from Lara's side of the family, she and Jor sent their child, Kal, to be raised on Earth by Martha and Jonathan Kent, a kindly couple with well-balanced values. Superman finds out the truth about himself sooner than either his adoptive or biological parents had planned. Will he side with his evil uncle Van, the leader of a secret society who turn out to be the puppeteer of not only Lex Luthor (here a mad scientist, like the Pre-Crisis Lex,) but also Lex's boss, Bruce Wayne? Or will he forgive his family's well-intended deceptions and fight for a united galaxy and a better tomorrow?

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Sarcasm Kid #957240 08/26/18 08:35 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think the core of that idea should be canon. It would explain why Kryptonian and Terran DNA can blend easily together in both artificial and natural conditions. It might also explain why meta-humans randomly appear on Earth; it's not the result of mutation but gene manipulation by the once might Kryptonian Empire.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Sarcasm Kid #957242 08/26/18 08:41 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I'm kind of loving the idea Superman is literally Abel's son.

Ann Hebistand #957275 08/26/18 10:45 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Unseen, not unheard
Some great ideas here!

I especially like...

Originally Posted by Sarcasm Kid
Wonder Woman/Superman: Heritage
*What if Wonder Woman and Superman were siblings? In that Kal-El’s rocket had crashed on Paradise Island, and was raised by Hippolyta. However, she gives the “S-shield” to Diana, whom travels to man’s world and becomes Superwoman.

Looks at their relationship from a new angle.

New Titans: Eternally Yours
*What if Arsenal’s Titans hadn’t disbanded?

Eternally yours - do you already have an ending in mind for this?

Wonder Woman: A String of Pearls
*What if Wonder Woman was in the infamous, original telling of “Sweeney Todd”? Operating out of a clothing boutique, Diana, secretly the Wonder Woman, is sucked into a mystery involving a runaway hiding in her shop with claims of a doctor killing his patients and his mad assistant whom turns the bodies into meat pies for her shop.

Cute period piece idea! I can imagine Diana being all righteous fury.

Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
SUPERMAN: A MAN FOR ALL TIMES

The Pitch: Jor-El turns out to be not only an Earth native born in the Stone Age, but also the younger brother of Vandal Savage, the Abel to his Cain.

The Plot: Turns out Earth was nearly colonized by Krypton, and many of the more peace-loving, progressive Terrans immigrated to Krypton, including Jor-El. His intermarriage to Lara Lor-Van, a rebellious scion of Krypton's upper-crust, was extremely controversial. Fearing the negative influence from Lara's side of the family, she and Jor sent their child, Kal, to be raised on Earth by Martha and Jonathan Kent, a kindly couple with well-balanced values. Superman finds out the truth about himself sooner than either his adoptive or biological parents had planned. Will he side with his evil uncle Van, the leader of a secret society who turn out to be the puppeteer of not only Lex Luthor (here a mad scientist, like the Pre-Crisis Lex,) but also Lex's boss, Bruce Wayne? Or will he forgive his family's well-intended deceptions and fight for a united galaxy and a better tomorrow?

It would be great to see the Kents and the Els interacting. And I would love to see Supes beat up Vandal Savage.

Sarcasm Kid #957329 08/26/18 02:46 PM
Independent Scholar
Online Sleepy
Independent Scholar
Thank you all. You are very kind.

Emily, I agree 100 percent that linking meta activity on Earth with Kryptonian genetic science would tie things together nicely for the DCU.

Sarcasm Kid #959688 09/20/18 12:39 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
I've been thinking a lot about variations on Earth-2 lately, and I was thinking that a cool idea for a story would be something set in the 1950s, after most of the WW2 era heroes had retired, and which would focus on the grown-up/young adult versions of various kid characters from the Golden Age, both sidekicks like Robin, Sandy, Speedy, Wing, Dyna-Mite, etc., plus characters like the Blue Boys, Newsboy Legion, maybe even Genius Jones, etc.

I don't really have much of an idea beyond that, but it seemed like a cool setting/theme for a story.

Sarcasm Kid #959700 09/20/18 06:02 PM
Independent Scholar
Online Sleepy
Independent Scholar
I like your idea, EDE. It could be a light-hearted counterpoint to Paul Smith & James Robinson's "Golden Age" mini-series (a good story well-told, but in hindsight a bit too much of the grim & gloomy era during which it was produced.)

How about this for comedy: Dan the Dyna-Mite being hired by Madison Avenue execs to film TV commercials for Alka-Seltzer.

Sarcasm Kid #959710 09/20/18 07:02 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Yeah, I have mixed feeling on "The Golden Age" as well.

I see this as sort of an alternate "birth of the Silver Age", with the kid characters eventually stepping up to become the next generation of heroes in the mid-50s rather than the new "Earth-1" characters. But we'd see the path that led them there.

Sarcasm Kid #959711 09/20/18 07:09 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
We could also do an alternate Earth where the heroes of the Silver Age had kids in the 1980s/90s, and some of them are active heroes today. I had an idea for a set of twins (maybe it was quadruplets? It wasn't the most original idea) for the JSA . One of them was going to revealed be the daughter of Earth-1's Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris, and connected to the Violet Spectrum.

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Emily Sivana #959712 09/20/18 07:15 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally Posted by Emily Sivana
We could also do an alternate Earth where the heroes of the Silver Age had kids in the 1980s/90s, and some of them are active heroes today. I had an idea for a set of twins (maybe it was quadruplets? It wasn't the most original idea) for the JSA . One of them was going to revealed be the daughter of Earth-1's Hal Jordan and Carol Ferris, and connected to the Violet Spectrum.

Yeah, I love that idea. We had an Earth-1 Infinity Inc thread a few years back which was along similar lines.

Sarcasm Kid #961575 10/17/18 05:23 AM
Independent Scholar
Online Sleepy
Independent Scholar
CHALLENGE OF THE FOUR

The Pitch: Mash up Earth-X (Quality characters,) Earth-4 (Charlton characters,) and Earth-Whatever (Watchmen.) Then recast Blue Beetle (Kord,) Nightshade, Captain Atom, and Thunderbolt as a sort of darker, weirder Challengers of the Unknown (or, if you'd prefer, Fantastic Four analogs -- Kirby by any other name, bla bla bla…)

The Plot: In 1938 came the Minutemen. In 1960 came the New Wave of Minutemen, which was actually a commercially calculated effort by the remaining Minutemen to milk extra money out of their children and/or proteges by casting them in legacy hero roles. In 1968, the 2nd Blue Beetle rebelled and put together his own motley crew, the Challengers. Finally, in 1976, Uncle Sam himself gathered a group of angry young people to form the Freedom Fighters (Quality characters recast as X-Men/Teen Titans analogs.) Now, it's 1984, and the combustible combination of these various super-powers will either save the world or doom it to irreparable destruction.

Sarcasm Kid #965297 01/04/19 01:25 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I wasn't sure where to put this so here's the list of the different Legion counterparts I've tried to come up with for the current 52 Multiverse.

Earth-3: THE CARTEL OF SUPER-CRIMINALS, which was destroyed alongside the rest of Earth-3 thanks to the Anti-Monitor.
Earth-7: The Essential Comics version of the GALACTIC GLADIATORS.
Earth-8: THE GALACTIC GLADIATORS, who are basically the Imperial Guard.
Earth-9: LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES, an MMORPG dating sim.
Earth-10: An all alien LEGION founded by an elderly and repentant Overman in an attempt to atone for his crimes.
Earth-11: THE LEAGUE OF SUPER-HEROES (working on the name).
Earth-13: THE HOUSE OF GEMS, a Legion based entirely on Gemworld.
Earth-16: A mash-up of the FYL and REBOOT Legions.
Earth-17: A STARSHIP TROOPERS inspired Legion at war with the Spider Guild.
Earth-19: A JULES VERNE inspired Legion.
Earth-23: An afrofuturist Legion including SUPERGIRLS RED AND BLUE, the daughters of PRESIDENT SUPERMAN.
Earth-24: THE LOGJAM OF SUPER-HEROES.
Earth-26: A LOTTA SUPA ANIMALS, including Cosmic Colt, Saturn Snake, and Lightning Labrador.
Earth-27A: A Legion featuring COSMIC KING, SATURN QUEEN, and LIGHTNING LORD.
Earth-27B: THE VANGUARD OF TOMORROW.
Earth-27C: THE LEGION CLUB, featuring heroic version of the League of Super-Assassins inspired from Garth Ennis' Superduper in "The Boys." They are led by CAPTAIN CATALYST and include LASER LAD, CLOUD KID, SLASH LASS, BIG GIRL, STOP BOY, and ROCKHEAD.
Earth-28: THE LEGION ACADEMY, a school where all the regular Legionnaires are teachers and the students are literally every Legion reject, Sub, and all the other heroes who never properly joined the Legion, including GLOOM GIRL, WEAVER, LOVE SONG, and COPY KID.
Earth-30: THE LEGION OF LUTHORS, made up of descendants of Lex Luthor from different planets.
Earth-32: A mash-up Legion.
Earth-35: THE ETERNITY LEAGUE, based off SUPREME'S LEAGUE OF INFINITY, led by Infinity Girl and including Kid Supremo and characters like Tituba, Medusa, Young John Henry, and Rima the Jungle Girl.
Earth-36: THE TOMORROW PLATOON, based off BIG BANG COMICS' PANTHEON OF HEROES.
Earth-41: A Legion inspired by Robert Kirkman's INCREDIBLE.
Earth-42: LI'L LEGION.
Earth-43: LEGION OF BLOOD, which has been split in half over the debate on whether vampires should drink coffee or blood.
Earth-44: PERIODIC LEGION, where there's a Legionnaire for every element in the Periodic Table.
Earth-45: LEGION CORPS, a subsidiary of OVERCORP.
Earth-47: THE LOVE-IN LEGION.
Earth-49: THE LEAGUE OF SUPER-TEENS from WORLDS COLLIDE.

Last edited by Sarcasm Kid; 01/04/19 02:40 PM.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,294
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Joe Kalicki
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star