Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11
Re: Thor, the God of Thunder
#480133 05/08/11 04:36 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
oh theh I must have heard wrong. maybe i m confused on the following movie - Capt America, then Avengers then AntMan (which should be like "Antman and the Wasp")...no it was the recent Hulk movie...me confused!!!!!! argh.

#480134 05/08/11 07:33 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Sigh.
I always loved Balder.
Who drew that, John Buscema?
Nice stuff.

Even in the comics, Thor ended up with Sif.
How could he not?

A singin' and a dancin'
along the way.

JosephPrince.org
#480135 05/09/11 02:58 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
In the comics, it seems like few, if any, of the Asgardian 'gods' had divine powers, other than being really strong and tough and long-lived.

Even Thor, the 'god of storms,' didn't have a speck of weather control, it all being bound up into a dwarf-forged hammer that Odin empowered with that ability.

It was never stated outright, but particularly in Simonson's run, it felt to me like Odin had stolen the power of the other Asgardians at some early date, and that the 'odin-power' was the collective divine power of the other Asgardians, who would have super-powers of their own, pertaining to their special roles, if he hadn't taken it all for himself.

Of course, there were exceptions. Heimdall's senses. Hermod's speed. Baldar's invulnerability, and, later, light powers.

Of course, comic book translations of various gods have always suffered from the fact that many mythological dieties didn't have intuitively 'super-power-y' domains. Hera's the goddess of laws and marriage. Hestia, of hearth and home. Dionysus, of wine and madness. Gods of storms and fire and whatnot are easy, visually, to picture as comic-book superheroes, but gods of stuff like reading and writing (Thoth) or agriculture (Ceres) take a bit more thinkin.'

Sif's an interesting character because she's so utterly different between myth and comic. Thor's a hammer-wielding stormgod who is a tad full of himself. Loki's a shapeshifting trickster who is good enough at being a cunning toad that he's friends with everyone, despite having stabbed most of them in the back at least once. But Sif? She's 'Thor's wife,' with golden hair, in the myths, and may have some earth goddess / grain goddesss / rowan tree associations, but it's not clear, since he primary role is to get punked by Loki and bear Thor some kids. In the comics, she's a butt-kicking goddess of swordsmanship, and, IMO, ten times more interesting.

Indeed, comic book Sif is more like Athena, a competent warrior and occasionally portrayed as more even-tempered and tactically-minded then the Asgardian 'menfolk' around her.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#480136 05/10/11 10:03 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Does anyone else like the "I'm a Marvel, I'm a DC" Youtube videos? The creator did one recently in which Thor humbles Hal Jordan: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOHI7RS-84k&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
#480137 05/10/11 10:09 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Interestingly about Sif (to Set's point) is that she was the very first Asgardian in the comics to display a power / ability: the ability to travel through space & time. Kirby had her doing this numerous times (traveling to Earth and back) throughout the Silver Age. After Kirby, the power has been by and large ignored ever since though every so often some writer or artist remembers it and brings it back at just the right moment when its needed (almost like every 10 years).

#480138 05/10/11 03:24 PM
S
Active
Active
S
Saw the movie at the weekend and enjoyed it very much especially the scene at the end featuring Walter Simonson which just seemed like a classy thing for Marvel to do.

@Candlelight
If you mean the Balder art on left hand side of Reboots post it is by Sal Buscema not John and is a very strange page indeed as the top two thirds come from the final issue of the Balder the Brave mini series whilst the bottom third comes from a largely unrelated tale in Thor 369

#480139 05/10/11 04:10 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
[QB] Interestingly about Sif (to Set's point) is that she was the very first Asgardian in the comics to display a power / ability: the ability to travel through space & time. Kirby had her doing this numerous times (traveling to Earth and back) throughout the Silver Age.
IIRC, that power was something to do with her sword, and she would swing it in a particular pattern to teleport (presumably with different patterns for different destinations, but it was mostly an Earth-to-Asgard convenience).

That seemed to be a convenience power added to Thor's hammer for awhile, and even the Valkyrie's sword, Dragonfang (although, in the latter case, it was Dr. Strange who gave it that power, again, IIRC).

I don't recall comic-book Sif ever having a specific super-power other than the Asgardian standard powers of super-strength and toughness, and her own 1000 plus years of swordsmanship skill.

#480140 05/10/11 06:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I've seen thor twice now, it was better the second time, though i thought the easter egg wasn't worth the wait.

it was a kids movie basically, i think they also tried to cram in too much plot to the movies.

not sure what i think about the whole donald blake jane foster story since thor hasn't been donald blake for like 30 years. (im exaggerating but you get my point) all the marvel movies try to do that i guess.

saw the captain america 'the first avenger' trailer, they are really marketing this avenger movie. seems much more like 'the ultimates' movie.

i thought natalie portman was gorgeous and owned the camera.

Thor had some strange prosthesis hair piece on, i dont know why his natural hair wasn't sufficient.

saw the actress that plays the Lady Sif at the comic store this week, there was a signing, she seemed really nice, she's tall, has four brothers (i think) and is from texas. she's also got kinda a deep raspy voice.

i like how they at least attempted to make Loki complicated.

the only thing i really hated was the actor playing Hogun. His accent was ridiculous! They can't find an asian or asian american actor with flawless english?? Bullshit.

He's a japanese actor so i dont know if that was his real accent or if he was told to camp it up. (Maybe they chose him for some reason unknown, like because he's got some sort of studio deal and will be expanding to the US soon and they're promoting him in small parts?) whatever. bleh!

i liked the costumes, special effects were obvious in some places, but otherwise good. flying poses were especially cool. i thought that generic monster at the beginning should've been Ymir. I thought the frost giants looked cool until they reminded me of avatar, and that a whole other story ....

#480141 05/10/11 08:22 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
I liked <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the shirtless scene!</span></span>

#480142 05/10/11 08:45 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
not nearly enough ! is my only criticism of that. smile

#480143 05/10/11 08:53 PM
L
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
L
Oh, Natalie's intern/sidekick was adorable!!

#480144 05/13/11 03:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I enjoyed the movie,

Who knew Heimdall, who is described as the whitest of the gods in Norse mythology, was black?

#480145 05/13/11 04:07 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Back on topic for the comics forum, I had three and a half kilograms of Walt Simonson Thor (you don't measure this book by counting pages. It'd take a while wink ) drop (not literally, fortunately) through my door today. Wowsa.

Originally posted by Tamper Lad:
Who knew Heimdall, who is described as the whitest of the gods in Norse mythology, was black?
And who knew Thor, described as the ultimate ginger in Norse mythology, was blond? tongue

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#480146 05/13/11 06:51 PM
strange but not a stranger
strange but not a stranger
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
More so than she was.

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#480147 05/15/11 09:14 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Saw it, loved it! This is from a major Thor fan who arrogantly thinks there are very few people in the world who know more about the comic and it's history than he does.

Right amount of drama, humor and action. I'm amazed they fit all that into 2 hours. As I'm sure they wanted, I was left dying for more of the Warriors 3, etc.

Guy who played Thor was perfect. Even better, the guy who played Loki was really good--one of best casting choices yet for a superhero movie.

I thought Portman was terrific and disagree with the naysayers.

Even the Destroyer was well done and used just the right amount for a non-speaking entity.

Theater was packed in the middle of a Saturday and half of it was kids all cheering and clapping. Made me feel good about Thor as a franchise going forward.

#480148 05/15/11 10:04 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:
Right amount of drama, humor and action. I'm amazed they fit all that into 2 hours. As I'm sure they wanted, I was left dying for more of the Warriors 3, etc.
I think that Iron Man has left the marvel movie mavens with the notion that humor is their ticket to success, and that bugs me. It worked really, really well in Iron Man, but it sometimes felt a bit forced in Thor, and the actor playing Thor smiled just a little bit too much at Natalie Portman.

Thor is many things, but he was coming across as a smitten teen, and that felt a bit off to me.

Loki, Sif and Heimdall were spot-on, 'though.

Theater was packed in the middle of a Saturday and half of it was kids all cheering and clapping. Made me feel good about Thor as a franchise going forward.
I was very pleased with the audience. I saw it on the Friday it released, and there where some chatty college-aged girls behind me. I was not looking forward to that, until the previews, when one of them started making informed comments about the Green Lantern and Captain America trailers (indeed, one of them was pretty much saying what I was thinking, at one point, and I was wondering if she was reading my mind!), and I realized that I'd somehow fallen into an alternate universe filled with hot twenty-something comic book fangirls...

#480149 05/22/11 08:16 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Originally posted by lil'rhino:
That was the girl who played the daughter in "40 Year Old Virgin"!

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#480150 09/02/11 01:10 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The Mighty Thor # 5

The Asgardians are in the middle of a fight with Galactus and the Silver Surfer over something called the 'Seed' Which Thor has taken from the sundered world tree Yggdrasil.

Thor was injured while doing this, It's a mystery.

Fallen Asgard sits near a small town called Broxton, Texas where a minister has gathered a few people to go tell the Asgardians to leave because their presence .... attracts too much action ... and destruction. They are bickering with Volstaag while the Asgardian warriors fight Galactus. It's supposed to be funny ... it almost is.

SO, Silver Surfer has devised a means to quench Galactus' unquenchable thirst .... you guessed it .... this 'World Seed' from the heart of Yggdrasil - (The sundered World Tree)

The Asgardians --- 'say thee nay' it's unclear why, everyone is just following Odin ... who's not talking ... it may be something sinister or not.

In issue 4 - Odin takes on Galactus ... with them both using reality warping powers to trick or defeat the other. While the Silver Surfer plays around with Thor, who seems to be trying a bit harder than the Silver Surfer.

The other Asgardians try to help against Galactus.

---------------------------------------------------

Caught up to Issue 5 now:

Thor and Silver Surfer fight, Thor seems rabid, S.S. seems more sensible. They fight like boyhood rivals ... maybe we are supposed to think this is cool or cute, it reminds me of Japanese Anime that is targeted for adolescents. (I don't mean that snarkily)

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Sif arrives 'Boys we've got a bigger problem'

Odin gives Galactus a three page HEAD BUTT!! Galactus falls to Earth.

Volstagg rallys the left over Asgardians (who aren't fighting Galactus) to face the Minister and the Broxtons. Amidst which ... Galactus falls to Earth. Big explosion. </span></span>

---------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile .... My favorite child Loki (of current Journey to Mystery fame) ... is up to something.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">He goes to the Destroyer .... and STEELS THE WORLD SEED (that everybody wants) from the Destroyers heart!! </span></span>

This Loki is not so bad as the original Loki, he's sneaky but, he loves Thor and seems to be using his 'skills' to scheme things right for everyone. The original evil Loki has been reincarnated as young Loki's pet Crow. Thor beleives Evil Loki has redeemed himself by dying against the Sentry. (.. in Siege? Too many events to keep track of) It's unclear how related the new Loki is to the old Loki. I like young Loki a lot. The Asgardians don't ... they've been betrayed too many times.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">soo ... The Destroyer wakes up when Loki steals the seed. </span></span>

Cut to .....

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Sif on the Silver Surfer's sled with him, Thor is jealous, Silver Surfer is pleased. It makes no sense to me ... I think it's dorky. Do Sif and the Surfer even know each other, Does the Silver Surfer even have emotions like that, Are Thor and Sif anywhere near exclusive ... who cares. </span></span>

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">They arrive at Odin's and Galactus' earth fall ... and Odin says something cryptic about ... the SEED ensuring their escape ... from the serpent (The serpent is the current big bad of the Fear Itself crossover event) Whether escape means it's a portal to another place, death, or a weapon to kill the serpent is unclear ... ODIN FALLS ASLEEP INTO HIS ODIN SLEEP ... before he can explain. drama.

Galactus gets up ... is pissed and tired of playing around. He's gonna torch planet Earth to get his SEED which can sustain him in perpetuity ... he's hungry.

Silver Surfer does what he does ... which is plead for Galactus not to eat Earth saying his plan failed (or something like that ... they can't get the world seed because an act of war against these gods is beyond even Galactus (which I not only doubt .. I find hard to swallow ... Galactus is UBER. ) So S.S. tries to convince Galactus to go back to eating random planets.

Galactus is unconvinced.

Back to Little Loki ... (There's no Destroyer ... I guess the Destroyer woke up AFTER Loki left ... it's unclear ... bad alarm system. The Destroyer is on the cover of #6 so I assume he goes looking for dear Loki) Loki takes the World Seed back to the World Tree ... and jumps into the World Tree (which is more like an energy chasm than a tree) 'FOR ASGARD!' He shouts.

Back at the ranch .... The minister from Broxton stops arguing with Volstaag ... thinking that he can reason with Galactus very dramatically saying 'he's heard the good news of christ and always wanted to meet God'. </span></span>

--------------------------------------------------

OK a few things:

Coipel's art is great but, think the breakdowns are slowing down for whatever reason ... Odin's head butt to Galactus was three pages ... meant to say 'IT'S THAT BIG OF A HEAD BUTT'. Sorry Coipel not even your sex on paper shiny drawings can make a 3 page headbutt out of a 19 page story worth it. Besides, right before that was a one page for a power blast and another one page for a hammer throw.

I think the fight between Silver Surfer and Thor is pretty fair, S.S. looks to be having an easier time than Thor.

The battle between Odin and Galactus is way too even. Galactus should be like a gOd to Odin IMO. nah scratch that IMO. Galactus should put the same amount of effort into the battle with Odin as Simple Green and I do taking out germs on the countertop. laugh

(ok now I exaggerate ... maybe more like me versus a squirrel ... I'm Galactus)

Galactus is part of the 'why' and 'how' of the universe that Odin lives in. Odin is an advanced creature but ... what are the nine realms to Galactus but 9 meals ?

I presume that one flaw with permanently sating Galactus' appetite ... is that ... Dosn't he need to eat some planets to provide nutrients for other growth in the universe ... or wouldn't there would be some drawbacks if he stopped eating planets ? I think he was part of the 'circle of life' ... a necessary and fundamental part of the universe's workings ??

Or did I miss the part where he isn't anymore?

Those are the biggies, I'll be picking up issue #6. I wonder what Thor's wound is. I wonder what Loki is up to and I'm sure he'll save the day while using his wits while the grown ups just argue. smile

The art is good, the story is ok, It's not the greatest and there's not the most text packed in but ... it's fun and shiny and I kinda want to see how it turns out.
-----------------------------------------------------
An aside:
I see that the writer is trying to do something arty with the minister, and odin, and galactus but ... It's just cringe worthy to me ... I don't see how Fraction's going to get out of this one without either 1) disappointing this minster and shaking the minister's faith in his own religion ... which I doubt he will go there OR 2) we get some ambiguous catch all pantheology sermon/moral. Odin + Galactus is already awkward. I just don't think this specific story is/has been deft enough to go there, so I don't really appreciate it presuming to. shrug

Maybe James Robinson should try though. wink
Hey, Kingdom Come went there and it was fairly elegant!
-----------------------------------------------------

I want my action and my shiny pictures ... which Thor #5 delivers.

I rate it:

Much more entertaining than JL #1. smile

#480151 09/02/11 11:04 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
It took me a couple of looks to decide that was Sif when she appeared. I vaguely remember Fraction talking about increasing the prominence of the Norse goddesses, so I thought maybe it was someone other than Lady Sif.

I liked her 'boys' line. This is the kind of storyline that will seem better in memory-- I mean it's got 'important' all over it. But I'm not really enjoying it all that much issue to issue.

Still, I'd say it's worth reading. Odin vs. Galactus... momentous.

I wish the 'Fear' stuff wasn't going on to dilute it.

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY was much more my cup of tea. Loved the magpie/raven guide, found the story-trader spooky, menacing and sort of beautiful in a creepy way.

As the story trader shows various Asgardians' thoughts of Loki, one scene included Sif talking to Valkyrie (Brunhilde). I LOVED this scene- as I'm a big fan of the SON OF ASGARD series from a few years ago, and sort of despise anything that takes away from the idea of Thor, Balder, Loki, Sif, Val and Amora as a generation that grew up together and have been enmeshed in each others lives for centuries (with notable periods of abscenteeism).

More of that please!

#480152 09/02/11 01:21 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Ditto Mystery Lad!!

JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY is the current sleeper hit with me. It's one of my most enjoyable reads each month. I root for the reincarnated Loki, hoping he won't go down the dark path as the previous Loki, while he schemes and steals and tricks people .... but for now he's doing to help Thor and Asgard.

I don't know why I originally picked it up, I'm a middling Loki and Thor fan but, I'm really enjoying this portrayal of the new Loki.

#626.1 was a fun done in one that lends a lot of insight into the character of young Loki.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Loki conjures a spell to eavesdrop on various Asgardians. He does this by summoning a creepy spirit. Loki matches wits the spirit which is cute, and evesdropping and spying are fairly amoral but .. Loki's a kid still. We discover most Asgardians very jaded about Loki and want him gone. </span></span>

Loki seems not to care much for most of the other Asgardians ... and neither do I since they are so mean to our charming protagonist. The spirit spirit asks Loki if he wants to eavesdrop on Thor:

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Loki says .. no .. apparently he respects Thor too much, or wuld be too hurt to find out Thor saying bad things about him.... Loki plays this off saying 'Thor is a challenge' to him and he wants to figure Thor out for himself. I don't think so, I think he loves his brother Thor. </span></span>

So, Loki dismisses the spirit in what is becoming classic young Loki imperious fashion 'You may go.'

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The spirit wants payment and attempts to 'eat' Loki. Loki cries out for Thor ... Thor eventually arrives ... in part due to Loki's pet bird (the old Loki). Loki tells Thor what happened, the truth, Thor seems amused by his hijinx and wants to protect the impetuous Loki. </span></span>

The evil spirit, banished back to his realms wonders if Loki is playing a more complex game of lies, or if the little guy is actually good.

I'm really enjoying this Loki running around scheming, always in over his head, making enemies, and so far putting the peddle to the metal to help Asgard.

If this Loki is just an even better schemer and these stories will add up to him turning evil somehow because of rejection or because he was evil all along (which may be inevitable) .... I hope it dosn't happen for a very long time.

#480153 09/14/11 07:25 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The new Thor series by Matt Fraction and Oliver Copiel has thus far been…surprisingly good. Not surprising is that Copiel’s artwork remains melt-your-face-off awesome, as he rocks each issue beyond comprehension. What is surprising is Fraction is delivering a fairly crisp, coherent and interesting script (as I’ve come to expect the opposite from him).

I think Galactus and the Silver Surfer have been done well here; Fraction walks the line of doing just one big retread, but instead he does a good job at keeping the ‘awe’ quality while keeping them active participants each issue.

The subplot with Volstagg and the town of Broxton seemed to be little more than comic relief but even that is somewhat interesting to me. It’s bordering on becoming a farce (well, crossing over at times) but it appears to have some larger importance.

But the best part is the Copiel drawn Thor with the Copiel drawn Sif getting into some cosmic, grandiose adventure sequences. That alone is worth the price of admission.

One complaint: this absolutely didn’t need 6 issues for the trade. 4 tops.

Meanwhile, I'll review Journey into Mystery when I get to it, but I'll reiterate what Peebs said above that so far its been a fantastic read! One of the better written comic books out there.

#480154 09/18/11 10:11 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
One of the very best and most underrated comics from Marvel these days is Journey into Mystery, which stars the newly reborn and young Loki, while also featuring most of the Asgardian cast on a regular basis. What sets it apart is how smart and ingenious the story-telling is by Kieron Gillen, as well as the phenomenal artwork by Pasqual Ferry. 

On a regular basis, Gillen achieves the difficult in not only making Loki sympathetic and relatable, but also making him incredibly interesting, as he weaves his Byzantine plans and schemes for the benefit of the realm. The fact that this Loki truly does feel affection for Thor (and vice versa) enhances this.

The recent "point one" issue, 626.1 is actually written by Rob Rodi, who does a good job taking a cue from Gillen in how to write the trickster deity. It's a solid issue that really nails the character of this Loki well.

Gillen was the best of the Thor writers in recent years--much more so than JMS or Matt Fraction--and he really has his fingers on the pulse of the Asgardian characters. I recommend the series for readers looking for a smarter, more complex vibe.

#480155 09/20/11 08:02 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Late to the party, but I finally bought and watched Thor.

I enjoyed it quite a bit. Falls below Captain America and X-Men, but was still a good fun movie. Sif was gorgeous, Portman was fine in the role that she was given. Liked the Hawkeye cameo (as he is one of my favorite Marvel heroes - if they would only throw the Black Knight in the Avengers movie I'd be really happy).

Loki was awesome, and I found that they pulled off his trickster persona quite well given the time they had to devote to it.

Really excited for The Avengers and now.

Would also love to see a Warriors Three spin off television show.

Active LMB character is still Beast Boy.

#480156 09/28/11 03:44 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #628 and MIGHTY THOR #6: An interesting couple of issues released this week... I wish Marvel spread these out in the month, a bit.

JIM continued its streak of story with fun and depth. I even liked the 'disir' (not sure I got the spelling right), who are quite humorous and individual, rather than the somewhat monolithic faces of horror I once read them as. The 'thing' between one of them and Tyr... that would make a bad book worth reading. Here, it's just another facet that gleams alongside other pleasures.

MIGHTY isn't quite as enjoyable, but still worth reading. It continues to feature events that I would've thought would be heralded with a capital 'E', but curiously aren't.

A big change occurs for a certain surfboard riding star that were quite surprising, for me. He even chooses his own successor. And a more surprising choice couldn't have been made.

Thor and Sif project a certain sexiness... I'm torn trying to think of a comic book couple that even comes close at the moment. Certainly not either of the couples making headlines the past week. And it's all done with Thor's arm flung over Sif's shoulder and expressions on faces.

Volstagg comes across as a little stupider than he should, I think. In relation to how other events throughout Marvel are being dragged out, certain events here happen with a snap of the finger.

#480157 09/30/11 04:01 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
JOURNEY INTO MYSTERY #628 and MIGHTY THOR #6: An interesting couple of issues released this week... I wish Marvel spread these out in the month, a bit.
me too, especially since they are so disimilar in tone.

MIGHTY THOR #6

I feel the same way as Mystery Lad, except I would say the new Silver Surfer is ... implausible ... and went there way too quickly.

Little Loki rocks. the casbah. saves everybody. everybody is suspicious of him. he and Thor make up though.

I thought Volstagg comes off pretty good, he even throws down some knowledge to the preacher ... in a sober moment for Volstagg. And Volstagg gets some funny lines too.

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">The preacher tells Volstagg 'Violence begets violence' to which Volstagg replies 'PRECISELY!' LOL ... but that's what the Asgardians are too</span></span>

Coipel's Thor is super sexy.

I found the writing of this conclusion really disjointed. When did the preacher character become so peace loving ... I though he was all about confrontation. shrug

Also we cut to too many locations and different characters. (and back and forth)

Maybe the whole point of this Cosmic Epic Sleight of Hands was to get Norrin Rad on Earth.

Page 9 of 11 1 2 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chameleon Boy
Chameleon Boy
RWC, CA USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star