Roll Call
0 members (), 12 Murran Spies, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Alexander - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 04/17/24 02:16 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/17/24 08:45 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:42 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/16/24 11:16 PM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/16/24 01:19 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Marvel's Secret Invasion (SPOILERS)
#483476 01/18/08 07:28 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Well we already know Black Bolt and Elektra were Skrulls. When did they become Skrulls is the questions. The possible answer scares me because it seems Bendis/Quesada are doing their own version of Crisis. (see OMD)

Anyways, some of the interesting things about it is...have any of the Skrulls actually befriended the heroes?

While some are warriors they HAVE to have some acting experience to fake everyone out. Are we going to see a Yera example? Are one the Skrulls going to change sides? Or more than one? In She-Hulk her sidekick is a Skrull. Just wondering.

Anybody else have Skrull suspects? Wonder Man and the Black Widow seem to be on the top of the list but I hope not. Luke Cage as well. I'm not looking foward to this.

Re: Marvel's Secret Invasion (SPOILERS)
#483477 01/18/08 07:41 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'm sure at least one or two will end up choosing to side with Earth during the invasion.

My top suspects:
Mr Fantastic
Colossus
Wonder Man
Echo

Just spouting off.
#483478 01/18/08 10:24 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Joe Q. is a Skrull.

You read it here first. tongue wink

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#483479 01/18/08 11:20 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The problem I have with this is fans feeling cheated.

If Mr. Fantastic is a Skrull the Civil War stuff can be explained. Cause lets face it Tony, Hank, Reed and Cap were all out character in that.

Colossus? Him and Kitty getting it on for the first time is just cruel.

Wonder Man? Eh, I am guessing it has to be around Avengers Disassemble. Or atleast after Busiek's Avengers run.

Echo? Well she was the one that revealed the whole thing. Unless she's one of those Skrulls that joined out side I can't see why. She probably has the least emotional connections to any heroes. I can see the Skrull Colossus falling in love with Kitty. Same with Black Bolt and Reed.

I just think it's going to make lots of fans angry. Luke Cage is one I don't mind. I miss the pre-Bendis Luke. smile

#483480 01/18/08 11:56 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Reed's going to be off in Millar's little self-contained world for the next 16 months. Not him.

I'd love for Colossus to be one, but given the sheer... contrived nature of his resurrection...

Echo, well Bendis keeps forgetting to give more than lip-service (no pun intended) to the fact that she's deaf (her answering someone else while staring intently at the pic of herself-as-Daredevil..), but then Lyja wore blackout contact lenses while impersonating Alicia.

Don't look for any of the F4 or any major X-Man to be a skrull, although they might throw someone relatively minor to the dogs, the way they just killed off Caliban, just to have an excuse to do a SI:X-Men mini. Expect at least one from both teams of Avengers (Wonder Man's a decent-but-uninspiring choice. I could see them doing Iron Man on the same basis that Spidey was unmasked in CW)

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#483481 01/18/08 12:32 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Joe Q and Bendis have said Tony Stark won't be a skrull.

As for Reed, while Millar's got him for a year, I figure it will be similar to Whedon's Astonishing run- separate from the rest of the universe, but not out of touch.

Just spouting off.
#483482 01/18/08 12:35 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Millar wrote his issues before McDuffle wrote his so that Hitch could get a head start.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

#483483 01/18/08 12:47 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I don't expect it to be Reed just b/c Millar has so much subtle power these days in all things Marvel.

Wonder Man is the most obvious choice. (1) his odd ressurection and (2) Bendis basically implied this about Wonder Man YEARS ago in an interview before SI was ever being whispered about online. Its in the letter column of Powers from a few years back. (Not that Simon is a Skrull; rather his ressurection was such that there has to be waaaaaay more to it than it seems). Like Reboot says though, its the 'captain obvious' of answers so somewhat uninspiring.

I'm predicting the Wasp. It just fits in a weird variety of ways.

#483484 01/18/08 01:41 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Wasp would be a good one - with the caveat that if this is going back as far as they're implying, none of the characters who went through Onslaught & Heroes Reborn should be skrulls. Given everything that happened there [including but not limited to Tony Stark reappearing as a physically healthy adult with full memory - as opposed to the adult with a wrecked nervous system who died, or the teen with an artifical heart that replaced him], it strains credulity beyond the breaking point.

While Wonder Man's resurrection was indeed bizarre, Disassembled kinda made sense of it (there's a sentence you never thought you'd read!).

Thing is though, it shouldn't be out-of-character characters being "skrulled". If anything, it should be the characters who haven't changed a jot in years - the last thing a sleeper agent should do is draw attention to themselves.

#483485 01/18/08 02:13 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
The thing with the Wasp is Bendis' thought balloons in Mighty Avengers. They seem pretty straight on.

Widow or Wonder Man on the other hand?

Tigra is another one.

#483486 01/18/08 02:43 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Originally posted by Reboot:
Thing is though, it shouldn't be out-of-character characters being "skrulled". If anything, it should be the characters who haven't changed a jot in years - the last thing a sleeper agent should do is draw attention to themselves.
Yup. That's what I was thinking too.

And it essentially gives the message: "people change, that's life". Which, one might interpret, is the writers saying "hey, change happens, get used to it readers". Which I think is what they're going to hint at throughout this entire thing.

I also expect Hank having to save the real Wasp at some point (more like being a part of a larger save) but probably it will be unlike anything I'd expect character-wise.

#483487 01/20/08 02:02 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I think Hand Pym is a pretty good candidate for being a Skrull. Either Cyclops or Professor X would be as well. Or even both.

Do Skrulls recognize another Skrull when they see one, even if they're 'wearing' another form?

Who would it surprise you to see revealed as a Skrull? I'll guess there'll be at least one for whom all the logic and reasoning in the world would argue against them being Skrullified will end up standing revealed as a Skrull.

Storm, maybe. Or Namor. Or Old Lace.

SECRET INVASION hasn't even been solicited yet. It seems like it's been coming for *ages*. I hope they haven't 'prepped' it/us for *too* long.

I'm interested to see what happens with the 'good' Skrulls (from an Earther's POV). Lyja, She-Hulk's sidekick (don't remember her name), possibly Xavin from RUNAWAYS, Hulkling... are there others? How will they fare?

#483488 01/20/08 02:45 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Pym makes perfect sense. He suggested The Initiative plan, and based on last years A:TI annual, they do seek to have a skrull in every state.

The Storm in Black Panter is a good call- she's not the same woman Claremont introduced.

Just spouting off.
#483489 01/21/08 08:44 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Storm is a good call.

I think Hank Pym is just too easy.

#483490 03/18/08 09:25 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Other candidates which I think are good ones:

(1) Norman Osborn - because it would make things much easier on Marvel and I can see them taking this way out. It'd essentially solve one of their major Spider-Man problems, giving his role in Thunderbolts, and it'd bring the Thunderbolts into S.I.

(2) Ms. Marvel - because I feel like they're going to have one major title character. That's really my only reasoning. Personally, I hope its not the case.

I still think the Wasp is a good possibility and I liked the Storm suggestion.

Wonder Man remains the most obvious candidate, given Bendis' old interviews. Reboot saying 'decent but inspiring choice' about sums that up.

I'm also wondering if Xavin from Runaways (the Skrull) will be revealed to be part of the Invasion. I'm pretty sure Hulking will not.

#483491 03/18/08 10:51 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Captain America was a Skrull. The real Steve Rogers will be rescued by Stark and crew during Secret Invasion. He'll go out of his way to state that Registration was the bestest thing evar, and that he and Tony are BFF and that anyone who said 'I'm with Cap!' during Civil War was wrong, wrong, wrong. Also, wrong.

For X-Folk, it's a toss-up between Emma Frost and Lockheed.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#483492 03/26/08 10:49 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
If you've read NA #39...SPILL IT!!!

I am guessing Luke Cage will be revealed as a Skrull or Jessica Jones. Bendis' Luke Cage was just much more serious. Sure Luke had anger but deep down the guy was light hearted just got a raw deal. Bendis' Luke was just too hard/serious. But maybe it's Jessica?! That would be the suprise.

#483493 03/28/08 03:38 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
I finally read it and well...it wasn't that much to get excited about. Some forced Wolverine/Maya former relationship junk. They basically just destroyed Maya's character.

She goes looking for Daredevil and finds him. Thing is it turns out to be a SKRULL!

The interesting part? The skrull displayed a vareity of powers used by heroes. Nightcrawler's teleportation...bamf and all. Cyclop's optic blasts. Fire powers and Wolverine noted were similiar to the Human Torch or Firestar. They went out of their way to mention Firestar.

So this Skrull may have impersonated Cyclops, Nightcrawler, the Human Torch, and Firestar. It already impersonated DD and Maya in the issue.

Speaking of DD remember in Civil War when he was acting wierd flipping a coin. Did we learn that was Iron Fist? I mean I know Fist dressed like him over in the issues of Daredevil but I don't know about CW. Why make such a big deal about Fist flipping a coin ala Two-Face?

#483494 04/02/08 07:55 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I'm skipping Jorg's last two posts until I read the latest two Avengers titles.

But my main question is: is anyone reading Ms. Marvel or Captain Marvel? Was there some sort of reveal there that I don't know about? Captain Marvel #4 is all bagged up and worth more money than it should be at both my CBS and Midtown comics in NYC. Anyone know what the deal is?

#483495 04/04/08 05:59 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Wow- and here I was expecting a bit more scuttlebutt.

I picked up the 1st issue this week. I'm not a Yu fan, just so you know. I think the his line work is too severe.

The story was a fine lead in. It helps if you know there's been some issues with skrulls lately, but you dont' have to. Tony catches us up on the recent events with Elektra's replacement (he tells Hank Pym and Reed, which I thought Reed already knew.)

There are a few turns in the story, but nothing unexpected. The surprise moments are dulled by the fact you know how they will turn out. A few Skrulls are revealed, but none of the biggest shockers yet.

Okay, but not exciting to me.

Just spouting off.
#483496 04/04/08 08:54 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Cobie, in the last Ms. Marvel I read there was a skrull Carol Danvers walking around. She was never in costume and the real Ms. Marvel is still...the real Ms. Marvel.

And from what I hear though I haven't read it Captain Marvel was revealed to be a skrull.

Captain Marvel I believe didn't know he was a Skrull.

The two Carol Danvers goes to show like the two Daredevils that a skrull may be impersonating a hero who is NOT kidpanned or missing.

I really hope they don't try to explain Hank Pym's fall from grace AGAIN by saying he was a Skrull.

#483497 04/04/08 09:01 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Secret Invasion #1 ending SPOILER...</span><span class="spoiler_text"> Hank Pym's a Skrull. End of the issue is him blasting Reed Richards into gunk and revealing himself</span></span>

#483498 04/04/08 11:21 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Thanks Jorg! I'm avoiding all other posts and this thread until I read #1. I'm hoping its good, as I have not read a single review yet...

#483499 04/04/08 11:41 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Btw, I've reread all of Secret War and New Avengers yesterday.

Who I think is a Skrull? Luke Cage, Wolverine in NA, the DD who had been appearing in NA, and Echo.

Other possibles? Sentry and Hawkeye. Yeah basically all the New Avengers. The one I'm almost positive of is Luke Cage.

#483500 04/04/08 12:35 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
BTW, if its Wolverine in NA, that's so lame because it was already done in an Astonishing X-Men mini in the late 90's. Wolverine ended up being a skrull after we were informed that "one of the X-Men is a skrull!". Anyone else remember that?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,017
Posts1,044,832
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
Effect, Gigglebot Girl
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star