Roll Call
2 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Lard Lad, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 11 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:37 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:36 AM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/23/24 12:34 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/22/24 02:40 AM
Legion Worlds Nine updated 16 April 24
by razsolo - 04/21/24 04:25 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24
Re: The Walking Dead Army - Recruiting New Zombies
#505889 08/22/07 02:15 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
From Image's solicits for stuff shipping in November:

THE WALKING DEAD, BOOK 3 HC
304 PAGES
BW
in stores NOVEMBER 7
$29.99

--add $20 to my September DCBS order... lol

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#505890 08/22/07 02:17 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm just waiting for the next giant omnibus edition with the second 24 issues. That way I can look like Moses carrying the tablets. Only with zombies. laugh

#505891 08/22/07 02:40 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Lookit Scooter in robes, parting the Dead Sea... wink

DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it! I was hoping they'd ship them before they started shipping the rest of my July order; I figured they'd have them in stock as IST implies. laugh But I guess they keep the two businesses seperate, ergo the different accounts for ordering from each site.

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#505892 08/22/07 03:00 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Pov:
Lookit Scooter in robes, parting the Dead Sea... wink
rotflmao

DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it! I was hoping they'd ship them before they started shipping the rest of my July order; I figured they'd have them in stock as IST implies. laugh But I guess they keep the two businesses seperate, ergo the different accounts for ordering from each site.
I thought they were going to be fixing that soon. Could have sworn I got a note or saw a notice on DCBS that soon you'd be able to place IST orders through DCBS with the IST discount shipping.

#505893 08/22/07 05:14 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Not sure how they're gonna do it, but if you click on the Trade Paperbacks link on the DCBS frontpage, it gives you this message--

"Trade Paperbacks
Up-to-date Trade Paperback listings will be available soon at Discount Comic Book Service.

As always, Trade Paperbacks are available at www.InStockTrades.com. All trades are on sale now at savings of up to 35% off with free shipping on orders over $50.00!"

#505894 08/22/07 11:46 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
With all this talk of trades and omnibuses (omnibusii?), I just felt it necessary to point out a new issue came out today.

Just spouting off.
#505895 08/22/07 11:50 PM
Deputy
Deputy
From Image's solicits for stuff shipping in November:

[b]THE WALKING DEAD, BOOK 3 HC
304 PAGES
BW
in stores NOVEMBER 7
$29.99

--add $20 to my September DCBS order... lol [/b]
Yikes! I guess I'll have to plough through Volume 2 pretty soon then! I've read everything up to maybe issue 40 or so, but I do like rereading those hardcovers when they come out. Not sure why it's taken me this long to get thru #2?

Wayne@OZ
#505896 08/28/07 10:56 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
DCBS is making me wait for the first two HC collections, darn it!
DOUBLE darn it! the Vol.2 HC's confirmed for my end-of-month stuff shipping tomorrow... but no first hardcover yet! mad :frustrated:

I'll just have to set it aside until the first one arrives... sigh

#505897 08/28/07 11:04 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
You'll just have to fight temptation. smile

Where are the Legion DVD's? They came out today but don't show in next week's shipment. At least not mine.

#505898 08/28/07 11:25 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
That's right! frown I was so caught up in the TWD HC's I forgot the first LSH DVD is due out tomorrow.

lol I thought about rereading the trade you sent me of the first six issues, then reading 13-24 in the second hardcover, but I don't want to spoil anything...

#505899 08/28/07 11:26 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
No, you definitely don't want to skip those six issues.

#505900 08/30/07 12:15 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
The ONE thing TWD really needs, for me anyway, is a ROLL CALL type page.

The lack of colors makes it harder for me to identify anyone (other than Rick and Lori).

Starting the series in the mid-30s and then starting the trades after probably threw me off some too.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#505901 08/30/07 01:37 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
There actually was Lash. The one I know of, off hand, was from issue #18. Here are the pages printed so peruse them at your own risk if you haven't read anything prior to #18 as there is some SPOILER info.

click to enlarge click to enlarge

#505902 08/30/07 02:10 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
AWESOME!!!! This will help tremedously! Scott saves the day again!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#505903 09/01/07 02:01 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Oooops. I'm not that far along yet... SPOILERS. shocked frown wink

#505904 09/04/07 10:34 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Aargh... the shrink-wrap on my TWD vol.2 HC is ripped... it's tempting me, I tell ya. TEMPTING ME!!! scream sigh wink

The first HC had best be in my mid-month shipment, that's all I'm saying... :frustrated: laugh

#505905 09/08/07 08:19 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Hey, in all my activity of the last couple of months I never got the chance to come in here and give my verdict on 'The Walking Dead' trade that Scott sent me. Time to rectify that...

Loved it! I've since gone and bought and read and really enjoyed all the subsequent trades too. (I think the latest being 'This Sorrowful Life' right? Great title by the way!)

It's a very well written book IMO. I find it a very challenging read too though, with nearly every one of the characters alternating between being liked and hated by me. But I think I appreciate it all the more for that.

It's much more 'realistic' in that sense that even the most noble of the characters can be capable of great acts of cruelty or horror, and vice versa. I'm thinking primarily of Rick and Tyreese here, our two ostensible 'heroes' who have both committed unspeakable crimes that have really shaken my support of them, but Kirkman is not afraid of painting nearly every one of the other main characters in a darkly negative light too. So while on the one hand, I find myself disliking most of the characters to a point that I wouldn't mind seeing them die, I also find this same dark light drawing me closer to them in order to see if they rise up out of it's blackness or sink further into it as the situations around them change. I think that's good characterisation.

And I think that Kirkman is aware of this dichotomy too. As most explicity evidenced in the fight that Tyrese and Rick have in the prison and the speech Rick gives to all the survivors after recovering from the injuries he sustained in that fight (the great "We are the Walking Dead" speech.)

One thing I was slightly disappointed in after starting the second trade though was that the wonderful artwork of Tony Moore would no longer be gracing the pages. He was AMAZING on that first trade. I loved how he gave each zombie it's own character and identity - rather than the featureless monster than Adlard renders them as later on. I still really miss his art but I have gotten used to Adlard and do think he is doing a capable job.

Something else else else I was disappointed to see missing from the trades was that roll call page Scott posted just above, though I had been warned it wasn't included, so thanks to Scott for posting it here. I'd be supremely disappointed if that short Christmas story about Morgan and Duane doesn't get reprinted in them though. Does anyone know if that will be the case?

It'd be nice to get some more discussion about the contents of the stories here at Legion World, though I guess that might be difficult since we're all at different stages in our reading.

Anyway, count me in as a new member of the Walking Dead Army and thanks again to Scott for the recruitment.

#505906 09/08/07 08:24 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Oooops. I'm not that far along yet... SPOILERS. shocked frown wink
Sorry about that Bri. Guess I should have hidden them under the spoiler tag instead. I did change the thumb tag so they aren't legible unless clicked on.

#505907 09/08/07 08:44 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Nah, don't worry about it... I was just busting ya. wink hug

#505908 09/08/07 08:48 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm glad you enjoyed it Dan! Yeah, the change in artists from Moore to Adlard took some getting used to but I think Adlard is doing a great job now. Artwork is always a big hook for me on any book but it was Kirkman's writing that got me through the change. This world he has created is just so well thought out I'd probably put up with just about any artist as long as Kirkman kept writing.

I'm not sure if the Christmas story was reprinted in trade #6, which should be the one you mentioned, This Sorrowful Life. I think that's where it should have fallen. If it wasn't included and if everyone would like to see it I can post the story here. I did once before but pulled it because it was published in the floppies.

I'm behind on my trades of the series and just ordered the first three hardcovers. Finally gave in since I can't read my giant omnibus now that it's been Kirkman-ized. The thing sells for over $300 without his sig and sketch that I got on FCBD. I could probably pay the mortgage for a month if I sold it.

And now another call for the Army. I have three copies of the first trade left. Any takers? Or do any of the Army know someone that might like it? Let me know.

#505909 09/08/07 08:59 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And while I'm thinking about it. I've thought about starting another wiki, this one for TWD. I'm not sure if there is enough history yet to build one though. Just thought it would be a great place to track the characters and plot lines.

#505910 09/08/07 09:10 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Maybe have a section on Zombies in general in the comics medium?

(And I take it you've ordered ZOMBIE- SIMON GARTH from Marvel MAX? 50% off, special... angel )

#505911 09/08/07 09:27 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
That would be a good idea. And a whole section for the ZMU since it is a Kirkman creation.

As for Simon Garth, I thought about it. But my total was over $200. With the Legion trade, Super Sons trade, the non-50% Titans Showcase #2 (that sucked), Buffy Omnibus #3, the three TWD hardbacks, two copies of the Dark Tower hardback (one for a Christmas present for one of Caroline's cousins) and five Classic Marvel mags (including the $21.75 Galactus), I had to stop. Hopefully it'll be collected.

#505912 09/08/07 09:49 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I was just updating my electronic copies of the series and realized that something else that hasn't been reprinted anywhere else except the omnibus is the proposal that Kirkman did in 2002. It is five illustrated (by Moore) story pages and the written proposal to Image. The pages take place prior to issue #1 and are kind of like having the story almost set in the same universe as Romero's dead movies. In fact, Kirkman said he was going to name the series Night of the Living Dead since the name is in the public domain. Some interesting reading.

Anyone interested in seeing those pages?

#505913 09/08/07 11:01 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Sounds neat! And as I'm never going to own the omnibus, I'd love the chance to see it. smile

Page 3 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 23 24

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,900
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
avengers, wonderpoop
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Ger
Ger
Dallas, TX
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star