Roll Call
0 members (), 22 Murran Spies, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:27 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23
Re: Marvel's X-verse
#507126 10/19/07 07:55 PM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Stealth:
And it wasn't a dream either that the Imperial Guard came out looking like... cowardly fools who follow whoever's leading the Shi'ar this week.
Isn't that Absolutely Standard for IG appearances, going right back to their debut?

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#507127 10/19/07 08:13 PM
More Polyanna than Poison Ivy
sigh Yeah, it is, I just float in and out of denial. Brubaker had a chance to evolve the IG, and he blew it; now Yost has a chance, and while I don't expect them to evolve here, it would be a pleasant surprise if they did.

Read LEGIONS OF 7 WORLDS in the Bits forum:

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 1 (COMPLETED)

Retroboot (Earth-7.5) Arc 2 (WORK IN PROGRESS)

"Don't look for role models, girls, BE the role model."

- Legion World member HARBINGER
#507128 10/23/07 11:29 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Anybody get a parallel between the Shiar and the Israel/Palastine thing?

I have enjoyed the entire X-Men in space stuff that has been happening lately.

Is Gladiator just a joke these days? I wouldn't mind Havok and Polaris to stay in space. It suits them.

#507129 11/19/07 02:13 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Mirrors me exactly Craig. I haven't cared for the X books in years, not counting the recent Whedon title. But there was a time that the X-Men was second only to the Legion (Titans running a distant third). And I jumped on during the Dark Phoenix story. Fell in love with Jean instantly only to see her killed. I think the first newsstand copy I bought was #136.
No way Scott!!! #136 was my first X-Men issue too!!! What an amazing coincidence! Sometimes I get the feeling we're like twins separated at birth, but with different parents and about a year apart in age! lol

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
#507130 11/19/07 10:41 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I've never seen X-Men: Evolution, because I'm not big on re-imagining the X-Men mythos.
You're missing out. While it is nowhere near perfect, I'd say it ties with Grant Morrison's run as the closest anyone has ever gotten to "getting" the X-Men in the past decade or so. The story arc that ends their second season and begins the third one is one of my favorite X-Men stories ever.

Still, if mythos changes don't sparkle with you, then you may find the series irksome. Some characters have had their personality throughoutly changed (although I personally think the changes work), and several characters pop up in surprising roles.

#507131 11/19/07 11:01 PM
No offense, but I don't like Morrison's run.

But if I find Evolution available for rent, I might give it a chance.

#507132 11/23/07 10:08 PM
I still haven't been able to find a copy of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan # 3 (I didn't have it on my pull list because I never expected to get into the story the way I have.)

But I'm not giving up.

#507133 11/26/07 03:37 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I got #3 and it was pretty good. Havok starts thinking like the leader HE is. Art looks pretty good as well.

It will be interesting how this pans out.

#507134 11/29/07 09:21 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I still haven't been able to find a copy of X-Men: Emperor Vulcan # 3 (I didn't have it on my pull list because I never expected to get into the story the way I have.)

But I'm not giving up.
I was at my store yesterday, and they had plenty of copies of number #3. Would you like me to pick one up for ya when I go back today? (Apparently new comics didn't ship yesterday.)

Just spouting off.
#507135 11/30/07 08:37 PM
That's very sweet of you, CJ, but I finally found a copy last night. Thanks anyway. smile

So far, I've just skimmed through it. I was disappointed that the Imperial Guard just stand around silently, and that the Chancellor's Guard are taking away panel space from them.

Still a pretty good space opera, and I like the way Polaris is being written.

#507136 11/30/07 10:42 PM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
I like the way Polaris is being written.
I know, right? Shocking after her mistreatment under so many other X-writers. Lord. And here I thought I'd never not loathe her again.

#507137 11/30/07 10:46 PM
The only other time I can think of that she was well-written was during Peter David's short-lived first run on X-Factor. Although even there, she was my least favorite member. Um...yeah...

#507138 12/21/07 06:34 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Checking out the March solicits... a veritable flood of eXcrement. Is Marvel trying to singlehandedly spark off another 90's implosion with all this crap?!

With Whedon and Cassaday's Astonishing wrapping up and David's X-Factor bogging down with X-overs, I may just finally be done with all things "X". sigh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#507139 12/23/07 11:55 PM
Keep the faith in X-Factor. In a few weeks, it'll be back to its normal delightful self after its final x-over issue.

Hmm. Maybe I should change my status to "Legion World's Official X-Factor Cheerleader."

#507140 12/24/07 12:03 AM
I made a quick decision, and I did.

X-FACTOR, X-FACTOR, RAH RAH RAH!!

#507141 12/24/07 08:08 AM
feelin' hot hot hot
feelin' hot hot hot
Stealth, I <3 you. laugh

#507142 12/24/07 09:29 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Ditto. lol

I guess I'm just annoyed that, as great as PAD and X-FACTOR is, he's not given the same space Whedon and Cassaday were on ASTONISHING to do their own thing, uninterrupted by the X-over du jour. But I'm already in for 27&28-- one of the dangers of ordering two months in advance-- so I'll wait it out and give PAD the benefit of the doubt. wink

(Can I get a pic of you in your X-Factor cheerleader outfit...? love laugh )

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#507143 01/01/08 08:59 AM
Thank you, Cali and Pov. And I love you both.

X-M: EV # 4 is proof of the old saying "be careful what you wish for," because Nightside actually gets a word balloon but unfortunately what she says is "The Earther mutants should die in fire." sigh Otherwise, it's still a decent space opera, and the solicitations for the next (and final) issue seem to promise that Polaris will finally get her chance to shine after 40 years as she single-handedly battles the Imperial Guard.

#507144 01/30/08 06:53 PM
Polaris didn't get her chance to shine.

And this is just the latest storyarc to not have a real ending. mad

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Vulcan takes all the heroes except Lilandra prisoner, and gets the Shi'ar on his side...and that's it for now.</span></span>

I have a hard time resisting space opera (though I haven't bought anything from Annihilation or Annihilation: Conquest.) So wherever this story continues, I'll read it in the comic shop -- then if it has no ending, I won't have wasted $15.

#507145 02/02/08 11:07 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
Yeah, the lack of resolution is annoying.

But I still enjoyed this mini- though it could've been *so* much more.

I wish they'd left Korvus out and had Rachel fall in love with an Imperial Guardsman-- whose conflict over siding with the Starjammers would've been more interesting. And maybe a friend or too would've 'defected' with him.

There was no way *all* the IG could've been featured during five issues, but it would've been nice if one or two were shown with distinct personalities and/or points of view. They can't all be as mindlessly loyal as Gladiator.

Or can they?

Of course, Lorna's role sounded much more important in the solicits than it actually was in the comic.

She pretty much ended up being the muse or inspiring force for Alex.

That said, the trust and knowledge of each other between the couple was evident and done in such a way that the reader wasn't hit over the head with it, IMO. Her communication to him ("this can only end one way") delivered by proxy directly lead to the climactic moment of the series.

Though I wish we'd been told what was next for the cast, there've been hints that there are 'plans'. (There were plans for follow-up SILENT WAR, too, though- so that doesn't mean much.)

The conclusion of the story proper, though not the final image of the mini (which went over my head), was a good one. Havok, Polaris, Raza and Ch'od (such a gem of a character- I'll miss his lines) are in chains on steps in front of a dais on which Vulcan is enthroned, the Imperial Guard and various Shi'ar functionaries surrounding him.

I really want to know what happens next. Which is a good thing. Unless the wait is too long.

I like Vulcan more than many readers. I wonder if he'll have contact with Havok in whatever time elapses before we see this setting again? Is it at all possible that getting to know his brother over time might change Vulcan at all? He is just a kid in an adult's body, after all.

#507146 02/11/08 08:22 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
X-Factor is the only X-book I'm interested in. I could care less about Charlie on his deathbed, Bru has never impressed me with his X work, and Astonishing just flaunts its holier than the others attitude.

Just spouting off.
#507147 02/23/08 11:30 PM
Substitute
Substitute
I read the majority of the X-Books. It seems that the direction that they are going with for Divided We Stand is pretty interesting. Brubaker ACTUALLY wrote an issue that I liked (#495) and Yost & Kyle did an amazing job with X-Force #1. Now I am just patiently waiting for X-Men: Legacy #207 and Young X-Men #1 (mainly for Dani Moonstar.)

#507148 02/24/08 11:20 PM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
X-Force didn't do much for me, but I *am* looking forward to Young X-Men for much the same reason you are.

Have you seen the cover that features Dani with Magma? Their pose is suggestive on a couple of levels...

...I'm wondering if there's going to be some sort of New Mutants gone undercover infiltrating the bad guy group thing going on... or, heaven forbid, a case of New Mutants turned to the bad (or gray).

The solicits read like Cyclops will be sending this new team to face the former New Mutants- though that could be misdirection, or misinterpretation on my part.

The new kids that are the stars of the series don't interest me that much, except for Dust.

#507149 02/25/08 06:03 PM
Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
Have you seen the cover that features Dani with Magma? Their pose is suggestive on a couple of levels...
What a strange coincidence.

Back in the day, reading New Mutants helped me come to terms with my bisexuality (I got into superheroes when I was in my late teens, and I read New Mutants as back issues.)

I'd go back and forth between wanting to be Dani and wanting to be with her. But the one I knew was the most like me was Magma, the aloof one with a superiority complex.

Hmmmm...Magma, Monet, Amora the Enchantress, Sersi...there's clearly a pattern here.

So if Dani and Magma end up together, I'll be delighted.

I'll read the first issue at the store and see what I think.

#507150 04/05/08 09:30 AM
Legionnaire!
OP Offline
Legionnaire!
YOUNG X-MEN #1:

OK for a coming together issue, I suppose, but it all pales in comparison to that last page in which

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text"> SUNSPOT is revealed to be the Lord Imperial of the Hellfire Club who has formed a new Brotherhood of Evil Mutants (at least Cyclops is terming them 'evil') comprised of Sunspot, Cannonball, Magma and Dani Moonstar. </span></span>

Didn't publicity for YXM state that Cyclops was sending the new team of Dust, Rockslide, Wolf Cub, Blindfold and Ink to *kill* the opponents shown on that last page?

At the least, Cyclops alludes to 'war'.

Obviously, there's something we don't know yet. Mind control? Blackmail? Cyclops a Skrull? Or his lover, Emma Frost- controlling *him*?

Not wild about the art, it's serviceable at best. But I'm definitely interested in seeing where this is going.

Page 2 of 23 1 2 3 4 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,939
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
stile86
stile86
Melbourne Australia
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star