Roll Call
0 members (), 20 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Sarcasm Kid - 04/19/24 10:08 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/19/24 08:52 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15
Doom Patrol -- Create Your Own Team
#508652 06/10/10 06:38 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
howdy. So I have this habit of making up new superhero teams .......... or refining existing teams.

when im watching tv and need to doodle, or when i need a mindless break.

Do you all wanna join in, in my habit?

Let's start with the all girl band!!!

(Inspired by my new favorite comic Heralds)

I'll do a list of an all female DC team and an all Marvel female team. (but you can mix and match if you like, or just do one company) can be based on powers, personalities, history together, whatever ....

I think about six members is good. you can add an origin if you want.

(i'm gonna try to do well rounded teams, that might make sense to work together)

MARVEL
1. Photon
2. Valkyrie
3. Moondragon
4. Firestar
5. Ms. Marvel
6. Clea

banded together to kick some butt. sort of a female Defenders/Avengers.

DC
1. Madame Xanadu (or a good Enchantress)
2. Vixen
3. Firehawk
4. Manhunter (Kate Spencer)
5. Power Girl
6. Nightshade

maybe Madame X brought them together to to stop some cosmic or magical calamity.

something like that.

Last edited by Power Boy; 11/27/18 07:07 PM.
Re: Create Your Own Team - ALL-GIRL GROUP!
#508653 06/10/10 07:05 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally posted by Power Boy:
MARVEL
1. Photon
2. Valkyrie
3. Moondragon
4. Firestar
5. Ms. Marvel
6. Clea
Ooh, good choices.

I'd be tempted to swap out Firestar for Flamebird and Clea for Snowbird, but Valkyrie, Photon/Pulsar/Captain Marvel 2 and, especially, Moondragon, would totally be on my first draft!

I liked Ms. Marvel better as 'Warbird,' and even then, not terribly much. Could a more-or-less-redeemed/work-in-progress Moonstone / Meteorite fit that role?

DC
1. Madame Xanadu (or a good Enchantress)
2. Vixen
3. Firehawk
5. Power Girl
6. Nightshade
Good Enchantress over Madame Xanadu, anyday. And I'd axe Power Girl in favor of Black Orchid, I think. Even with a shirt on, that character is a bit over-exposed, IMO.

I didn't recognize Nightshade, but having looked her up, I like her, so she can stay!

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#508654 06/10/10 07:52 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Flamebird? (maybe you mean Fire Bird ex. avenger, fire, pseudo psychic)

1. Photon or Moonstone
2. Valkyrie
3. Moondragon
4. Firebird
5. Snowbird
6. Clea

would make for a supernatural defenders type team, maybe photon dosn't fit so much now ... maybe replace with Hellcat but Photon provides a lot of power. and snowbird can do the cat thing. Maybe Moonstone would fit the sense of the team more .... her dark past and their dark supernatural adventures.

I was thinking the team needed more muscle which is why ms. marvel was there. and i was hesitant to do she-hulk. but snowbird might be pretty strong.

and this would make a very edgy team, they could also take on the supernatural or almost be a female suicide squad.

1. good Enchantress
2. Vixen
3. Firehawk
5. Black Orchid
6. Nightshade

#508655 06/10/10 07:55 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
This came out more "female JLA" than I intended it, but here goes:

1. Wonder Woman
2. Miss America
3. Hawkwoman
4. Mera
5. Miss Martian
6. Jade

#508656 06/10/10 07:57 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
cool i was hoping someone would do an all female big (six) JLA!!

you can take one more more and make it big seven female JLA.

wink

why miss america and not zatanna? just curious.

#508657 06/10/10 08:06 AM
Trap Timer
Online Happy
Trap Timer
Well, the original thought was to include her as a cool, fairly obscure, fairly powerful Golden Age character. And, as I said, I wasn't origianlly intending the "female JLA" motif, for which Zatanna would make more sense.

I also thought about resurrecting Dr. Midnight (Beth Chappel).

#508658 06/10/10 08:17 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
she's dead?

yeah, i like the not so obvious use of ms. america instead of Power Girl or Super Girl.

I thought about using the female Firebrand from the All Star Squadron, but switched to Firehawk.

#508659 06/10/10 08:26 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
MARVEL:

Crystal
Valkyrie
Polaris
Darkstar
Sif
Magma

DC:
Black Orchid
Harlequin (Molly Mayne)
Shadow Lass
Dream Girl
Donna Troy
Black Canary

Really, these are just lists of my favorites-- though Tasmia and Nura coming to their past to assemble a team of super-heroines could make for a great story. (Platinum and Lilith would take their places if it were an all 21st C. team) Actually, I'd want Imra there, too. For story purposes, I'd sub her for Tasmia. But I'll keep Tas on the list.

I guess former sisters-in-law stuck in space Crystal and Polaris could be the beginnings of a Lockjaw-enabled team-up (maybe it'd start with LJ seeking out Aragorn- who really should be in the Super-Pets book Marvel's putting out...)

#508660 06/10/10 09:00 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
I thought about using the female Firebrand from the All Star Squadron, but switched to Firehawk.
Firehawk, especially with the dark blue/red costume and the light blue energy wings, has a freaking awesome visual. She gets my vote on that alone!

Originally posted by Mystery Lad:
MARVEL:
Crystal
Valkyrie
Polaris
Darkstar
Sif
Magma
Ooh, good choices of Darkstar and Crystal, both are faves!

While Sif *or* the Valkyrie could work, I'm not sure I'd want both, since they are awful similar. (And the Valkryie interests me more, as a character.)

On the other hand, a 'Valkryrie' that is Dani Moonstar, fully-transformed into an actual Asgardian via some mystical thing, giving her Valkyrie strength and toughness, combined with her fear-power, could rock!

Super-teams have flirted with the idea of male dieties hanging out with them (Thor, Hercules) for quite some time, but there has been a dearth of female dieties coming down to Earth and joining the capes and cowls club. (Barring Agents of Atlas' Venus, who has since been explained to have never actually been a diety, just a mythological siren!)

Sif is okay, but Freya (seithr witch / leader of the valkyrie / etc. in some accounts), Artemis (a divinely empowered *archer* character), Ratri (a goddess of night, darkness and thievery), Bast (Tigra, if she was a god!) and Kali (multi-armed blade-wielding psycho-babe) could be even more interesting. (Although the Hindu ones would be better served as people with powers that use the names of gods, since Hindu-ism is an active faith, and having the actual Kali running around fighting crime would be about as respectful as introducing a Legionnaire named Jesus Lad...)

#508661 06/10/10 09:03 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Good ones i forgot about! Mystery Lad.

Crystal
Polaris
Darkstar
Sif
Magma

Darkstar could even replace Photon on my supernatural 'Defenders' team. except Photon/Capt. Marvel 2 is one of my favorite characters. and underused. she used to lead the Avengers lol!!

Platinum. on another version of this i might do a Jocasta for marvel or some other tech/science character to round out the team. but my teams turned out kinda magic - mythology -esque.

#508662 06/10/10 09:07 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Set:
On the other hand, a 'Valkryrie' that is Dani Moonstar, fully-transformed into an actual Asgardian via some mystical thing, giving her Valkyrie strength and toughness, combined with her fear-power, could rock!
she would be scary. she'd snap ur kneck after she made you pee your pants with her mutant power.

yeah, and Firehawk has a lot more power(s) than Firebrand did.

#508663 06/10/10 10:13 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Yeah- Sif and Valkyrie *could* be seen as characters for whom it'd be 'either, or'- but I'd like to see them together. They were shown as friends back in the SON OF ASGARD series, and I'd like to see that re-examined.

I'd also like to see the whole 'Sif as leader of the Valkyries just before Ragnarok' thing touched upon. AND, in her earlier appearances, she had transdimensional teleportation powers- which I think should be hers again. She could take over for Lockjaw and let him go about his Inhuman doggy business (though I think it'd be funny if he trailed after them- to keep an eye on his mistress and her friends).

I don't know if we'll ever see Val's 'reawakening' post-Ragnarok. She never- or hardly ever- shows up in THOR titles, for some reason. This might be a place to go into that.

I *almost* included Dani- for the Valkyrie trifecta. Maybe she could share a couple of scenes with Sif and/or Val when they show up to recruit Magma...

#508664 06/10/10 10:18 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Hmmm- looking at my heroines list, they could be together as a sort of time travel tour of the 20th century... WWII Molly (still a little 'gray' around the edges, but already hooked up with the FBI), Black Canary from the 1950's- just after the courts made the JSA shut down, Wonder Girl in her teen years-- pony-tail, toga-top and all, and a current day Black Orchid (costumed and mysterious).

Now what could be the reason Imra or Tas and Nura would have for gathering them?

#508665 06/10/10 10:30 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
might help if Nura and Tas were from different eras and/or boots? maybe?

a) only Nura and Tas have somehow escaped the Time Trapper's machinations, he has deposited amnesiac legionnaires throughout the time stream, (the eras these ladies are from) and Nura and Tas need help from these other ladies to find their teammates, reunite the legion, and defeat the Trapper.

b) scavenger hunt for birthday presents for Super Boy (other character or special event), might be cool if he was connected to all these other ladies.

c) scavenger hunt for pieces of a weapon or cure to defeat their latest villain or challenge. maybe another time villain.

d) it takes place in the Adventure era, crazy stuff happens.

e) some better idea

#508666 06/10/10 03:19 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Another supernatural or generally odd stuff team:

Zatanna
Madame Xanadu
The Question
Catwoman
Alexandra Damaskanos (a time traveler from Chronos who polices time anomalies)

The first three are pretty much cliché for anything out of the ordinary.

I added Catwoman to ground the group (or make the sparks fly) - she doesn't usually get into too much weirdness but she's practical, adaptable and a good thief is always an asset.

Alexandra is also highly adaptable, not to mention tough and a bit short-tempered.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#508667 06/10/10 04:07 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
catwoman on the team sounds great, i can only imagine her spouting biting sarcasm when things start getting all kooky.

i never heard of Alexandra Damaskanos. I'm so curious I tried googling ...

#508668 06/10/10 05:40 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I was trying to think of a team that would be completely at odds with one another but could still get things done:

Wonder Woman
Spy-Smasher (from BOP)
Batwoman
Starfire
Zatanna
Dr. Light

They're kind of more geared to the grandiose than BoP, which already kind of does exactly this premise in the DCU for spy / mystery related stuff.

Create Your Own Team - NEW AVENGERS
#508669 06/20/10 01:03 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
YO YO YO.

so, i figured i would do the team creations off of the comics i got this week.

unfortunately not a lot of team books in my basket.

let's do:

NEW AVENGERS!!!

so i think i will do a vigilante, low key avengers similar to who've been running in the comic. but feel free to do a cosmic team, a supernatural team, something offbeat ....... just not a classic big team cause that will probably be a later challenge.

i say about 6 again? (i ended up ding like 8)

1. Spider Man (too much comic relief)
2. Power Man (he's indicative at this point)
3. Moonstone (yes, she's evil, but tough and brillant, and maybe a bit more ont he fence than we think, and not quite the powerhouse that CM 2 or Miss Marvel is, she's phases ..it's sneaky.)
4. Dr. Strange (i think a lower power version like the current one is interesting)
5. Hawkeye 2 (why not, she's like hawkeye but adds a new younger sister dynamic)
6. Hank Pym

so my team seems to be a bit mentally ill, but could make for some great stories and Hank adds the science and the 'classicism'. <---is that a word? and could be a co leader.

it's kinda a team made up of kids that need to get their crap together in some way. they would fight B level threats and villains, and be involved with undercurrents rather than the high profile.

i've taken out the Ms. Marvel / Spider Woman friendship and the Iron Fist / Power Man dynamic too ... but, i think it could still work as a 'family' team.

other ones i considered:

7. Quicksilver
8. Hellstorm
9. Black widow, or maybe a mutant.

I think i would definitely add Quicksilver, while Widow and others make cameos as New Avengers might be interacting with much of the MU.

cheers!

next week i'll try to do a DC ;P
so with an edit/reboot post: i would do:

7: Quicksilver
8: She-Hulk (she adds stability and humor. and POWER RAHHR)

Re: Create Your Own Team - NEW AVENGERS
#508670 06/20/10 01:40 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
NEW AVENGERS!!!
1. Spider Man (too much comic relief)
2. Power Man (he's indicative at this point)
3. Moonstone (yes, she's evil, but tough and brillant, and maybe a bit more ont he fence than we think, and not quite the powerhouse that CM 2 or Miss Marvel is, she's phases ..it's sneaky.)
4. Dr. Strange (i think a lower power version like the current one is interesting)
5. Hawkeye 2 (why not, she's like hawkeye but adds a new younger sister dynamic)
6. Hank Pym

7. Quicksilver
8. Hellstorm
9. Black widow, or maybe a mutant.
Dr. Strange, as much as I love him, just doesn't work on this sort of team, IMO. They've tried powering him down to kludge him onto an Avengers made up of street level heroes and jumped up wannabe ninja, but he's just not Dr. Strange, if he can't do any of the stuff that Dr. Strange traditionally does. Another mystical hero like pre-Sorcerer Supreme Brother Voodoo, or pre-power up Dr. Druid, or Daimon Hellstrom, would probably work better in this sort of role.

Amanda Sefton, post-limbo-queen, would probably be awesome in this sort of role. She's got mystic cred, she's got ties to the mutants, and she's built-into the backstory of the setting. With the Scarlet Witch off in 'we made her too powerful and now we can't use her' character limbo, Amanda might provide a nice female presence to Marvel's supernatural lineup.

Moonstone as the team powerhouse? Oh, that's fun. Having her on a team with Hawkeye 2 might be amusing, as they'd snark at each other mercilessly.

Hawkeye 2 could also be powered up a tad, for the 'big leagues,' because she is technically using the Swordsman's sword, which has some Makluan tech built into it, allowing it to shoot force blasts and stuff. (Makluan tech being the stuff that powers the Mandarin's Rings, so it's no slouch!) I could imagine the look on her face the first time she accidentally triggers one of the swords powers...

'Holy crap!' <drops bow> 'Ice beam! Ice beam! Ice beam! Take that, biatches!'

#508671 06/22/10 02:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Thanks Set.

yeah i thought moonglow versus hawkeye 2 would be endless laughs...and don't think moonglow could spar with an adult female avenger as well.

and i always wanted hawkeye 2 to bust out with an energy blast or something from those swords.

i'm sticking with dr. strange (personally) for his brain and knowledge of lore rather than his power level.

so the my team now is looking kinda like:

1. Hank Pym (leader and science brain)
2. Luke Cage (leader and vision of the team)
3. Moonstone (redemptive and brilliant energy user)
4. Dr. Strange ( almost going with hellstorm but...too evil and he'll always be a defender to me)
5. Hawkeye 2 (youthful exuberance and moonstone check)
6. Spidey

and into the mix:

7. Quicksilver
8. She Hulk (for cameos)

maybe 9. Eros

not sure, he's more cosmic.

#508672 06/22/10 04:41 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Eros showing up, checking out Hawkeye 2, and getting smacked into orbit by She-Hulk, would be about the only scene I'd need of him. smile

#508673 06/22/10 04:49 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
yea, i missed the whole sexual harassment era of eros. i just remember him from the 80s avengers.

i like how he's a cosmic-light hero.

#508674 06/22/10 08:15 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Moonstone and Hawkeye 2 face off:

[Linked Image]

>)

#508675 06/23/10 07:58 PM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
While I'm not a fan of Eros as a character, I do wish there were more low-grade Uranian Eternals out there. (I think they killed them all, again.)

I like the Eternals power-set, but the ones that tend to join the Avengers (Sersi, Gilgamesh) are usually the insanely over-the-top more-powerful-than-even-a-god Eternals.

It might be fun to see a 'normal' Eternal, who is merely ri-frikken-donkulously overpowered, but isn't necessarily the fastest (Makkari), shapeshiftingest (Sprite), energy-manipulatingest (Ikaris, Thena), strongest (Gilgamesh) or matter-rearrangingest (Sersi) one on the planet.

Or, heck, we don't see nearly enough *Deviant* superheroes. That could be cool!

#508676 06/24/10 04:41 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I really liked the "Heroes for Hire" lineup from awhile ago that Ostrander put together. Ant-Man riding a little dragon seemed weird though.

My "Street" Avengers:
- Hawkeye (leader)
- Falcon
- Tigra
- Spider-Woman
(hmm, a lot of animals on this team...)
- Machine-Man
- Cloak & Dagger

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,859
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star