Roll Call
1 members (Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac, Invisible Brainiac), 14 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Create Your Own Team - JUSTICE LEAGUE
thoth lad #944685 02/20/18 01:49 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by thoth lad
Originally Posted by Power Boy
I also had an idea for an interim X-Team between the original five and the introduction of the Giant Size X-Men with characters that were around.

1. Havok
2. Polaris
3. Sunfire
4. Darwin - could've been around.
5. Banshee
6. Wolverine - part time
7. Astra - Could be after she fell out with Magneto and the Brotherhood. Or is a double agent. Or isn't quite that bad yet.

This segway team makes a bit more sense out of the incorporation of Banshee, Gunfire and even Wolverine, who were at odds with the X-Men, into the second team. This team could show how Prof. X earned their trust rather just randomly showing up and asking them to rescue the original 7 on a dangerous mission. It also allows Astra to have some screens time since she is a retcon.

I had to look up Astra, but I liked this one as a transition team. Better than the plucking them out of the Mission Impossible files approach.

From what I can tell Astra is a teleporter and a genius in genetics and cloning. She may also be able to phase. She was retconned as a member of the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants but Magneto wasn't evil enough for her.

Recently, she seems pretty evil, she manipulated the Magneto clone Joseph into trying to kill Magneto.

So, in this group maybe she would still be evil just trying to undermine the X-Men or maybe she has a fractured personality or something. (or maybe she broke with Magneto for different reasons and this tenure with the X-Men is what turns her bad).

Set #944686 02/20/18 01:51 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Set
I also had an idea for an interim X-Team between the original five and the introduction of the Giant Size X-Men with characters that were around.

1. Havok
2. Polaris
3. Sunfire
4. Darwin - could've been around.
5. Banshee
6. Wolverine - part time
7. Astra - Could be after she fell out with Magneto and the Brotherhood. Or is a double agent. Or isn't quite that bad yet.

This segway team makes a bit more sense out of the incorporation of Banshee, Gunfire and even Wolverine, who were at odds with the X-Men, into the second team. This team could show how Prof. X earned their trust rather just randomly showing up and asking them to rescue the original 7 on a dangerous mission. It also allows Astra to have some screens time since she is a retcon.

To add some ladies to the roster, there's also Sage/Tessa, Sway and Petra, from the 'pre All-Different' era. A team of lesser-seen X-Men with Havok, Polaris, Sunfire, Banshee, Thunderbird, etc. would be kind of cool.

Oh Yeah! I forgot Tessa was around. Maybe she could appear with a different look and name to account for her later going undercover in the Hellfire Club. Tessa and Astra's inclusion would make this group much more interesting plot wise.

So Tessa was a smarty pants for virtually her whole career and just in extreme men she seemed to have this other power that could bring out peoples powers or some biological thing. Maybe she predominantly uses this in this interstitial team and then represses it for all the years she is in the Hellfire Club to hide her true identity.

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/20/18 01:53 PM.
Power Boy #944688 02/20/18 02:24 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I'd change my line up a bit then:

1. Havoc
2. Polaris
3. Banshee
4. Sunfire (a somewhat reliable version. or this tenure explains why he wasn't interested in sticking around much after Giant Size X-Men)
5. Tessa - as the Fox. (Diana Fox is another alias she will use in the future and this lineup would make her the badnass of the team after dropping Wolverine [for cameos]) Also there are Foxes in Afghanistan were Tessa was found and may be from. They are smart and kick butt ... like Tessa. I'd give her one of those seemingly impractical masks like Marvel girl and Mockingbird to conceal her identity.
6. Darwin
7. Astra - adds some drama with Tessa trying to sniff out Astra's motives.

All drawn by Neil Adams. tongue

Last edited by Power Boy; 02/20/18 02:25 PM.
Power Boy #944690 02/20/18 05:29 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Not bad at all. I'm not much of a fan of antagonists crossing over to the hero teams, but there's certainly scope for Sage to be more ambiguous. Of course, if it's going to be drawn by Adams, it could just be Professor X forging a team from bits of his belly button lint and it would still be worth reading smile

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
razsolo #947516 04/15/18 01:29 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by razsolo
I've been playing around with an idea for a NEW BROTHERHOOD / UNCANNY AVENGERS / ASTONISHING X-MEN TEAM.

They all seem conceptually similar now.

1. Scarlet Witch (Leader)
2. Quicksilver
3. Polaris
4. Sunfire
5. Legion
6. Frenzy
7. Dust

I really like this team; I'm with Set in that Wanda, Pietro and Lorna should interact more (also, Wanda and Pietro need to be re-retconned into being Magneto's kids again)...Sunfire and Pietro on the same team would be an interesting clash of personalities, they're both pretty insufferable for different reasons.

If I was gonna change anything, I might switch Legion and Dust out for Magma and Empath; Legion is SUPER powerful for a team, and I just have more of a connection to old-school Amara than Dust...ALTHOUGH....add Blindfold to your 7 and I'd be happy too - love me some Legion and Blindfold smile

I am thinking of replacing Legion with Chamber. He's not a bad guy just sour i think. I'd change his look a bit though so his powers don't look too much like Sunfire's.

There are some other's I was thinking about including, the more naughty X-Men.

So maybe this team has a Hellions spin off.

1. Sunspot (or Eclipse as you like)
2. Magma
3. Empath
4. Elixir
5. Hellion
6. Oya (Although I like her for a main X-Man prime team)
7. Round it out with X23 or M ... although M doesn't really work well on a team anymore, she's too powerful.

I guess there could be an Uber X-Men team:

1. Wolverine
2. M
3. Legion
4. Magneto
5. Kid Omega
6. Magik
7. Rogue ...

... etc. doesn't seem very interesting to me at the moment.

Power Boy #947518 04/15/18 03:23 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Inhumans/X-Men Future Alliance Team- If things go the way they seem to be in Marvel, Inhumans could just divide Earth among themselves. It could lead to a future similar to that in the 1970s Guardians of the Galaxy, where some mutants resettle on another planet. But I think some of them would willingly settle in Inhuman controlled lands, as at the very least, there would be no inherent basis to persecute them. Indeed, I have seem panels from a What-If? story where Maximus allows the X-Men into his court.

This list was difficult because there have been a lot of interesting Inhumans created recently.

Alaris- Inhuman who represents the government, Standard Good-Looking Hero, Super-strength/durability
X-23- In my headcanon she eventually marries one of Gorgons kids, because I think she values strength over race.
Inferno- One of the 'NuHumans', with fire powers of course
Anole- Mutant with lizard-like appearance, powers, abilities
Mercury- Mutant who is living Mercury, a mild personality to balance out X-23
Loa- Mutant with phasing powers and Atlantean artifact/knowledge
Margoyle- Wiki describes him as an 'Inhuman with gargoyle appearance', so I wonder if he would have stone like powers
Iridia- The beautiful butterfly-winged character famous from the 'Inhumans' Trailers

Go with the good and you'll be like them; go with the evil and you'll be worse than them.- Portuguese Proverb
Power Boy #947927 04/22/18 01:28 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Luthor's League

The super heroes travelled to the dawn of time to defeat the Anti Monitor. They succeeded. But they didn't come back.

With no Superman to contend with, Lex Luthor began to release his research to the world. He helped shape a New Earth. But it was still populated by the supervillains and threatened by alien forces and the extradimensional. Luthor promised the world an age of men. He formed a League to counter the threats to that age. A League with no costumes and, as far as the public were concerned, no secrets.

Lex Luthor - Scientific genius. From protecting cities with force fields to revolutionising medicine and technology. This was the role he always saw himself in. Before the superheroes took man's pride away. He proactively hunts down technology from the super-age, changing it to help mankind. He has reactivated the JLA satellite, and its Thanagarian teleportation system is revolutionising transport. He's also found the Transmatter Cube and is beginning to think of threats from other universes...

Helena Bertinelli - Scourge of the corrupt, she is a huntress of bribed politicians and strange foes left behind in Gotham and beyond. Luthor has broadened her scope as she has honed her skills.

Michael Carter - What could have established Luthor's success more than confirmation that the future was a bright one, free of superheroes? Michael works with Luthor to shape and change things to come, using the technology that he brought back to boost mankind.

Dale Gunn - Designer of the urban pacification units that helped eradicate crime in Detroit, Gunn now has access to Luthor's technology. He uses it to expand the uses of the suits into areas of space and ocean exploration as much as crime prevention, steeling mankind against new realms.

Shilo Norman - The celebrity escape artist came to Luthor as the Mother Box in his possession had begun whispering terrible things to him. Proficient in the technology of New Genesis, the team hope that Norman can help them before this age of miracles ends and their legends are crushed under the heel of Darkseid.

Erik - In protecting Earth against supernatural threats, Luthor sought out the man most likely to destroy such things forever. While Erik is showing signs of stress, Luthor knows that no one is better equipped to solve a mystery or spot signs of infection from other realms. A young gentleman from England is also being monitored as a potential recruit.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
Re: Create Your Own Team - Freestyle
Power Boy #949105 05/12/18 08:08 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I have a new idea ... that started off as a Titans West idea but now might make more sense as an Outsiders team.

1. Halo, a young Aurakle flees to Earth. In later issue the other Aurikles will come looking for her.

2. and 3. Mal Duncan & Bumblebee are scientists in California that work to mimic Apokoliptian tech. at a NASA type organization. They detect Halo's fall to Earth and hence, Mal's got a mega wand lite that he replicated and Bumblee has a parademon knock off suit. The find Halo.

4. Static also detects the energy disturbance and meets them.

5. Copper, the newest Metal Person, is vacation in LA because none of the other Metal People take her seriously. Somehow she meets the others and gets involved.

6. Terra (Atlee) also in Southern Calif. hooks up with the team.

7. I think maybe Polar Boy could come from the future to put a team together, might still fit, to gain experience to help him gain entry into the Legion ...build a rep for himself ... maybe his time cube arrival attracts Halo.

I thought this team could be a bit funny in a comic, kinda like the Legion of Subs and that these were all characters that couldn't quite make it in mainstream super teams.

But would hopefully end up like a DC version of Nextwave.

Others I though to include were Vibe and Gypsy but Terra and Halo can do what they do power wise.

[Linked Image]

Power Boy #949115 05/13/18 01:45 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
So maybe this team has a Hellions spin off.

1. Sunspot (or Eclipse as you like)
2. Magma
3. Empath
4. Elixir
5. Hellion
6. Oya (Although I like her for a main X-Man prime team)
7. Round it out with X23 or M ... although M doesn't really work well on a team anymore, she's too powerful.

I love pretty much everyone you've picked, but I don't think Sunspot, Hellion and Empath would work well on the same team, being all kind of alpha dude. (Plus, while I like Empath, I'm not sure if he's 'redeemable' after using his powers the way he did on Tom Corso and Sharon Friedlander...)

I want an X-team of mutants nobody ever expected to see again;

1. Frenzy
2. Unuscione
3. Fixx
4. Scaleface
5. Indra
6. Windshear
7. Cypher

It's a funky mix, from all over the place, but all of them pretty obscure, or some of the least popular of their respective generations. Others could include Wicked, Freakshow, Shola Inkosa, Dust, Evan 'Genesis' Sabah Nur, Ernst, Cecelia Reyes, Nature Girl, Armor, Bling!, etc.

Heck, with Skids, Cecelia Reyes, Armor, Unuscione, Radius (from Alpha Flight) and Projecteur (former Acolyte), you could almost field a seven man X-team entirely of force field / force exoskeleton users! (And up to seven if Indra's retcon to have Armor's force-exoskeleton powers remains, or if Invisible Woman is taken in as the token non-mutant force-field-user!)

Or an all mutant teen girl time-manipulator group. Sway, Kiden Nixon, Lacuna, Tempo, Tempus, etc. (some iterations of Magik and Rachel can monkey with time).

And goodness, at least one entire team of Wolverines/clones/spawn/time-displaced or AU selves or red-headed telepaths and / or telekinetics who may or may not have the last name Grey. smile

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Power Boy #949181 05/13/18 04:23 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Yeah, Empath is creepy.

I loved Scaleface ... and Bezerker.

And I never knew Fixx but thought she was cool from reading her description.

Indra could be cool with a great artist.

This team could be an Acolytes team maybe.

Unuscione had a small part in Age of X and a new name, Stand Off.

She was in a team called Force Works that kept a shield up over the mutant settlement.

"Heck, with Skids, Cecelia Reyes, Armor, Unuscione, Radius (from Alpha Flight) and Projecteur (former Acolyte), you could almost field a seven man X-team entirely of force field / force exoskeleton users"

There is an old X-Factor comic that did three tribes of mutants .... chosen (i think) that looked like humans .. the Jean Grey's, excepting for skin color, some were blue etc. ... and dualers ... like Iceman and ... "rejects" I think ... like blue/black Beast. And a resistance cobble of each because the chosen ruled the others.

Might be interesting to have tribes of mutants based on powers too.

Power Boy #951827 06/16/18 01:33 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I reverse engineered the Squadron Supreme for a Marvel's JLA:

1. Thor - Hyperion - Superman
2. Quasar - Dr.Spectrum - Green Lantern
3. Captain Marvel - Power Princess - Wonder Woman
4. Namor - Amphibian - Aquaman
5. Spectrum - Whizzer - Flash
6. Wasp - Blue Eagle - Hawkman
7. Siryn - Lady Lark - Black Canary
8. Black Panther - Nighthawk - Batman
9. Dr. Strange - Arcanna - Zatannna
10. Sunfire - Nuke - Firestorm
11. Hawkeye - Golden Archer - Green Arrow
12. Mr. Fantastic - Tom Thumb - Atom

Pretty well rounded team, IIDSSM!

Power Boy #952440 06/25/18 08:52 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I made a reverse engineered Justice League. I based this team on Wildstorm's original The Authority line up. I tried to pick popular characters, or characters tied to the League instead of my favorites. Although a lot of these are also my favorites.

Jenny Sparks - Black Lightning
Engineer - Cyborg
Swift - Shayera Hawkwoman
Jack Hawksmore - Geo Force
The Doctor - The latest Dr. Fate young Khalid Nassour (I think there might be a new one now though in Rebirth ... ?)
Apollo - Captain Comet
Midnighter - Vixen

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Power Boy; 06/25/18 09:00 PM.
Power Boy #952442 06/25/18 11:07 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
A Quality Comics Justice League:

Superman -- Wonder Boy
Wonder Woman -- Miss America
Batman -- Midnight
Green Lantern -- Ray
Flash -- Quicksilver
Aquaman -- Red Torpedo
Martian Manhunter -- Invisible Hood

Later recruits:
Green Arrow -- Alias the Spider
Atom -- Doll Man
Hawkman -- Raven
Hawkgirl -- Spider Widow
Elongated Man -- Plastic Man
Red Tornado -- Bozo the Iron Man
Zatanna -- Merlin the Magician
Firestorm -- Wildfire

Power Boy #952538 06/26/18 01:15 PM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Nicely done EDE. I really like the Quality heroes and you've made some interesting match ups there. Plastic Man even replaced Elongated Man in a number of later JLA line ups.

Power Boy #952722 06/29/18 08:07 AM
Independent Scholar
Independent Scholar
I brainstormed this less than an hour ago:

AVENGERS OF EARTH-R (A previously uncharted universe where SERSI became the new ETERNITY after leaving our universe in AVENGERS #375:)

THOR: Luna Maximoff (daughter of Quicksilver and Crystal)

GOLDEN WITCH: Lilith Miller-Madrox (daughter of Layla Miller, who is now the SORCERESS SUPREME, and Jamie Madrox)

CAPTAIN MARVEL: Frank Cage (son of Luke Cage and Monica Rambeau -- Roger Stern himself has said that if he hadn't been fired from AVENGERS, he'd have hooked up Monica with Luke)

CAPTAIN AMERICA: Carol Danvers

YELLOWJACKET: Rita De Mara (last seen brought back to life, about 10 years ago (?), only to be forgotten)

GOLIATH: Simon Williams (with mix of Erik Josten's Atlas/Goliath powers and his own Wonder Man powers)

ANT-MAN: Scott Lang

IRON MAN: Vision's body, Stark's mind

BLACK WIDOW: Sybil Dvorak (originally Gypsy Moth, later had a brief but memorable stint as Skein in the final stretch of Fabian Nicieza's T-BOLTS run)

WASP: Nadia Van Dyne (daughter of Hank Pym and Maria Trovanya)

RED KNIGHT: Philip Javert (the Swordsman from the Epting-Era Avengers)

OLD MAN BLACK KNIGHT (Dane Whitman; self-explanatory)

Their main antagonists are the MASTERS OF REALITY (QUEEN CRYSTAL and KING ZEMO, with Red Knight's ex-lover MAGDALENE as their Captain of the Guard)

Still "Fickles" to my friends.
Ann Hebistand #952736 06/29/18 11:54 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Originally Posted by Ann Hebistand
GOLDEN WITCH: Lilith Miller-Madrox (daughter of Layla Miller, who is now the SORCERESS SUPREME, and Jamie Madrox)

Ooh, I sometimes amuse myself by mashing up characters, and Madrox is super-fun to mash up or create imaginary kids for. A child of him and Wolfesbane, for instance, would be 'Wolfpack,' a young woman able to turn into an entire pack of wolves.

A child of him and a sorceress could be 'Coven,' individually not the toughest spellcaster in the room, but able to split into three to five 'witches' and combine their power for greater magical workings, like surrounding someone and binding them in magical restraints.

YELLOWJACKET: Rita De Mara (last seen brought back to life, about 10 years ago (?), only to be forgotten)

Yes! I loved her character, and her potential return in Dead Avengers (which was *amazing!*) was super-intriguing.

I read recently that had he been able to use Rita, Kurt Busiek had intended to make her part of his initial 'ex-Masters of Evil' Thunderbolts lineup. He was told he couldn't have her, and so he used Melissa Gold/Screaming Mimi instead. I love, love, love Songbird, but can't help but wonder what that would have been like!

BLACK WIDOW: Sybil Dvorak (originally Gypsy Moth, later had a brief but memorable stint as Skein in the final stretch of Fabian Nicieza's T-BOLTS run)

Neat choice. Her 'textile telekinesis' is a fun power that doesn't get a lot of play.

WASP: Nadia Van Dyne (daughter of Hank Pym and Maria Trovanya)

For a blast from the past, I want Maria Trovanya to have not been killed by Soviet spies, but to have faked her death to bring home information stolen from Pym because she *was* a Soviet spy, trained in the famous Red Room. Now she's the 'Swarm Queen' of the former Soviet 'science-city' of Koltsovo, and runs the Russian super-human operations there, using technological means to control (modified) people the way Pym could control ants, and creating technology, weapons and soldiers based off of both the stolen research and her own genius (the reason why she and other agents were planted with American super-scientists, because they were smart enough to keep up and understand the science they were stealing).

Last edited by Set; 06/29/18 12:27 PM.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
Eryk Davis Ester #952789 06/30/18 05:45 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally Posted by Eryk Davis Ester
A Quality Comics Justice League:

Superman -- Wonder Boy
Wonder Woman -- Miss America
Batman -- Midnight
Green Lantern -- Ray
Flash -- Quicksilver
Aquaman -- Red Torpedo
Martian Manhunter -- Invisible Hood

Later recruits:
Green Arrow -- Alias the Spider
Atom -- Doll Man
Hawkman -- Raven
Hawkgirl -- Spider Widow
Elongated Man -- Plastic Man
Red Tornado -- Bozo the Iron Man
Zatanna -- Merlin the Magician
Firestorm -- Wildfire

I've been trying to think of a Quality Comics JLA for a long time but could never figure out who to put in Superman's place! laugh

Thanks EDE.

Power Boy #952790 06/30/18 06:42 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I had an idea for a second gen Justice League:

Inspired by a random Darwin Cooke panel.

[Linked Image]

1. Supergirl
2. Robin
3. Donna Troy
4. Aqua Lad
5. Speedy
6. Kid Flash
7. Black Canary
8. Zatanna
9. Cyborg
10. Owlwoman
11. John Stewart
12. Starfire - Or Firestorm

13. Changeling (The Martian Manhunter character)

Although these younger characters are approximately 60 in real time, possibly 40 accounting for multiple part stories where there was no time between the issues.

Power Boy #952791 06/30/18 06:44 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I put Cyborg instead of the Atom.

Elongated Man didn't quite make the cut as second generation and Black Canary may be a Black Canary III I suppose.

Roy Harper should really be retired tho. It's not like he's into clean living.

Power Boy #952792 06/30/18 07:42 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
One of my favorite Cooke panels!

Power Boy #952819 07/02/18 06:00 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I'm thinking what a team composed of my favorites across different super-teams would be like...

1) Kinetix (Legion of Super-Heroes)
2) Doctor Light, Kimiyo Hoshi (Justice League)
3) Kole (Teen Titans)
4) Windfall (Outsiders)
5) Cyclone (Justice Society)
6) Lightning (Justice Society)
7) Stargirl (Justice Society)
8) Wonder Woman (Justice League)
9) Gates (Legion of Super-Heroes)
10) XS (Legion of Super-Heroes)
11) Brainiac 5 (Legion of Super-Heroes)
12) Supergirl ((Legion of Super-Heroes / Teen Titans) OR Power Girl (Justice Society)

Quite a mix of personalities. Just imagine PG, Kimiyo and Kinetix getting into an argument...

I have two wind-powered people here though... maybe swap out Windfall for Kid Quantum II. But I feel Windfall deserves a second chance...

Power Boy #953178 07/07/18 08:59 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Sometimes its cool to have people with the same powers on a team and then focus on their personalities or how their powers are slightly different.

Or maybe the first issue they come together to fight air elementals or something.

Power Boy #953179 07/08/18 04:23 AM
Unseen, not unheard
Online Content
Unseen, not unheard
I can see Cyclone and Windfall becoming fast friends, they have something similar in their personalities. Though Cyclone talks too much, and Windfall would call her out...

Windfall can be very observant, but they never really explored her interests.

Maybe I should add Halo to that mix...

Power Boy #953299 07/09/18 05:38 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
I remember in Another Nail the Alan Davis Elseworld's they had a different Halo, now it occurs to me there could be a lot of Halo's possibly with different powers, or better at some powers than others, as the Auricles take human form.

Speaking of, I had a cool idea for an Elseworld's. It occurred to me that the Justice league International came out of the DC Legends miniseries but actually seemed to come out of Crisis a bit late because it mixed heroes from previously different worlds. So previous efforts to reimagine the Detroit or JIL teams involved sticking to the pre crisis continuity adding characters from that world that were underused, Captain Comet, Supergirl, Vixen, John Stewart, Super Woman, etc.

BUT ... what if I went with the team as coming out of Crisis adding all these "new" or relaunched characters together for an of all world's Justice League. I came away with a formidable group of newbies that could satisfy the stories of the JLI era, with substitutions and was a tiny bit more diverse.

1. Dr. Light II - Kimyo could have stuck around longer and I imagine she could instead fill the "ICE" character of being a "straightman" in comedy with ...
2. Phantom Lady - Dee Tyler could fill the character role of Fire but also the martial arts role of Black Canary, and might be funny with her and Dr Light together, since Kymio is serious but also might be unused to American culture.
3. Blue Beetle - Ted Kord He was the first new book after Crisis (?) and incorporates the Charlton Comics world.
4. Changeling - was in Legends and could have stuck around, he's young but has more experience than these other characters. He'd replace Martian Manhunter, who besides Oreo jokes and leadership didn't really factor a lot into the plots until Despero showed up. MM could take a break like Vixen.
5. Flash III - Wally West was in Legends and I think that also recently launched as the Flash. The fastest man alive could be in two places at once and he could have reasons for doing as ...
6. Captain Marvel - cast as the young newbie in Justice League
7. Wonder Woman - also in Legends and a technically newbie (to man's world) - except she's immortal right - she confuses me right now. But could open the opportunity for crossovers.
8. Dr. Fate - could be nice to see a young guy like the very recent Khalid take over the helmet and possibly masquerade as the experienced Dr Fate.
9. Power Ring - Maybe the Power Ring guy from Qward died in Crisis but his ring made it out alive --- seeking out a Jessica Cruz type character. So instead of Guy Gardener as the jerk, maybe this ring is the jerk, funny and creepy with a young woman trying to not let the ring influence her. Plus I like how this ring is a little different than the other GL rings.

I actually like this team because its got fresh characters (well rebooted) but they aren't exactly inexperienced in battle. Also, this team is a little more Justice League style with a Flash, GL and Wonder Woman. And its a bit more diverse.

[Linked Image]

The only stories I think need to be replace are the opening where Mr. Miracle plays a pivotal role but otherwise I think the stories would stand at least initially. We could replace the New Gods stories with some Diana stories for cross branding.

When characters cycle out, I could have Phantom Lady and Dr. Light stay, and instead of bringing in Fire and Ice, bring in Dr. Mist, Owlwoman, Ram, or Thunder and Lightning the brothers team.

Last edited by Power Boy; 07/09/18 05:42 PM.
Power Boy #953300 07/09/18 05:40 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
But Phantom Lady really needs a new costume. Maybe something like Black Canary's turtle neck sweater style. ha!

I'd really lick to see Kimyo have her own costume and alias. That first Dr. Light is a creep.

(Professor Light ... Light Woman ... Sun Burst after her fallen friend <--- might work!)

Also, I'd love to see EDE's version of a Justice League based on the Freedom Fighters from Earth-X!!!!

Maybe with NEON as the Superman stand in.

Last edited by Power Boy; 07/09/18 05:45 PM.
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,844
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
M'onel
M'onel
Alberta, Canada
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star