Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester), 16 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/19/24 05:14 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Spoilers)
#590691 01/06/07 12:26 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
oh what about Snape? Do you think that he'll get killed or get a reprieve? I remember JK saying that there will be at least two characters killed and one getting a repreive.

Also hmmm what about Drago Malfoy?

#590692 01/06/07 12:57 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
I think Draco might be the one who gets the reprieve.

The real truth with Snape will probably be one of the secrets of the new book.

I can't help but agree with Matt--there's really no way Harry will die, as well as Ron, Hermoine or even Ginny. I just can't see it happening, and at this point, its almost too expected. The rest of the cast though, is possible. I wouldn't be surprised to see a few Weazley's and Hagrid get it, the latter being the hardest, most emotional scene to read.

#590693 01/06/07 01:45 AM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I have a bad feeling about Neville, even though he's probably my favorite character. Assuming one of the deaths will be from Harry's friends, Neville would have the most impact. But on the other hand, Rowling says one of the students will someday teach at Hogwarts and I'm in the Neville-for-Herbology camp.

I figure Malfoy will scrape through at least long enough to get a shot at redemption - I'm waiting for the Sorting Hat's notion of the houses uniting to pay off in the last book and Malfoy making amends for his actions in HBP would be a good way.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lupin and Peter Pettigrew both die, closing out the story of the Marauders. Percy Weasly probably will get it while protecting his family after a last ditch change of heart.

I bet this is going to be a big book if she's going to avoid too many dangling threads in the end. There's a lot of things still in play and I'm sure there's going to be a lot of time spent on the mechanics of tracking down the Horcruxes. I do hope it's out this year but I guess the Order of the Phoenix movie will keep me happy, it looks very promising.

#590694 02/01/07 12:17 PM
L
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
L
Book 7 out July 21st, baby! Yeah! smile

Still "Lardy" to my friends!
#590695 02/05/07 12:30 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Percy dying is a great idea.

The only consistent feature of all of your dissatisfying relationships is you.

Don't judge me!
#590696 02/05/07 12:52 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm more or less okay with almost anyone dying, except for the trio. I would very much like to see them make it out the other side of the series.

I'm expecting at least one teacher to die, at least one student to die, and most likely one Weasely to die.

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590697 02/05/07 01:54 PM
C
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
C
I'm expecting Ginny to die. My reasoning:

Harry's special protection from Voldemort came about because his mother died to save his life. But according to Book 6, that's only effective up to his 17th birthday when, by wizarding standards, he's no longer a minor.

So once he achieves majority, what sort of "love protection" would be effective for him?

Not saying I want to see it happen, just thinking logically and tragically.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
#590698 02/05/07 08:48 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Originally posted by Spellbinder:
I'm expecting at least one teacher to die, at least one student to die, and most likely one Weasely to die.
Throw in a few members of the Order, Moody and Shacklebolt maybe. In my overall hopes for happy endings I'm hoping Tonks, Lupin and Bill (and Fleur) make it through. Viktor Krum seems like a candidate for a death scene too. Lately I've been thinking Arthur Weasley and Lucius Malfoy will both die. They're such a matched pair in many ways that it seems like they'll either both live or neither one will.

#590699 03/28/07 09:45 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
SPOILERS!

US and UK cover art revealed!

Click on the thumbs for some giant versions of the US and both UK covers (the UK ones include the jacket blurbs. I prefer the US version.

#590700 03/29/07 09:04 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Wow. Don't you think that image of Harry with a sword sticking out of his chest is a little graphic for a children's book? It's just so... Infinite Crisissy wink

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#590701 05/30/07 01:35 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
As always, in preparation for the next book coming out, I am in the process of re-reading the entire series. I am currently on Book 3, and should have the first six finished by mid-June.

And to begin getting ready for the 5th movie, I started downloading movie wallpapers for my computer.

Sigh... there's just no hiding the fact that I am just one big geek laugh

#590702 05/30/07 02:11 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Crujectra, I read the whole series for a few months last year. It was a great ride.

#590703 05/30/07 04:17 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Just reread Book 6 to gear up for 7! I finally was convinced to read them all after Book 5 came out, and totally fell in love with them, and then reread the whole thing for Book 6 (which is why I only reread Book 6 this time).

CANNOT WAIT for this!

Oh, and the new movie too!

#590704 05/30/07 04:21 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
*choke*

Upon said recent reread, I now firmly believe it may be Hagrid that bites the dust for quite a few reasons. But I hope if it happens that its as well written as can be expected and makes me cry like a baby!

#590705 05/30/07 04:31 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Why does it have to end??? Can't J.K. take 5 years off to live her fantasy life(if i was that rich I would disappear) and then return with Harry going to college???

CK, Hagrid seems as good a guess as any.

#590706 05/30/07 10:02 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I saw that Rowling is doing a signing the night the book is released, probably an allnighter nearly. I can picture the last ones in line that speed read half the book while waiting telling her off for killing off Mad-Eye Moody or whoever. Brave lady.

Crujectra, we've got a OOTP wallpaper too. The one of all the kids that says "The Rebellion Begins." I like seeing Neville in the posters! I think this is going to be the best movie yet.

#590707 05/31/07 12:07 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Me too. CANNOT WAIT for the battle at the Ministry. Harry actually chasing Voldemort! Preparing to use an Unforgivable Curse! I remember after reading that scene after what Beatrix did to Neville and what happened to Sirius and just, right along side Harry, finding myself wanting revenge.

It seems next to impossible, but I'd love if not only Luna and Neville (and Ginny, my girl laugh ) getting some screen time, but some of the others too during the D.O. stuff. It seems likely since so many of them have been around for so many movies.

#590708 05/31/07 12:47 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, you stop and figure that there will be the DA scenes, as well as the Ministry Battle, and Fred and George leaving Hogwarts, so there should be chances for several of the background actors to shine a little. It will be nice to see someone other than Harry and Draco get to do some magic.

#590709 05/31/07 02:13 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
There is a Harry Potter theme park opening in Orlando!!! Yes! I live an hour away! It's being done by Universal Studios I think and if any of you have been to Islands of Adventure you should get pumped about this. It's going to be high quality.

#590710 07/06/07 02:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Well, I guess I was reading more slowly than anticipated, because last night I just started re-reading Book 6. Still will finish in plenty of time for Book 7's release, though.

Looking forward to the 5th movie next week, especially having just finished the book yesterday. So many good things to happen. I also watched 3 different trailers last week over at The Leaky Cauldron . It looks really good.

Still not sure what to expect from Book 7. I'll be interested to see if Hogwart's is open, and if so, how much of the book will take place there, since Harry, Ron and Hermione will be looking for Horcruxes. Also, what will be the final fates of characters like Draco Malfoy (is he really evil, or just misunderstood), and Severus Snape (bad guy, or following orders). And will we find out what (and who) is lurking behind the veil in the Department of Mysteries?

And, of course, who will live and who will die? And, perhaps, who will be resurrected? There are many characters to choose from, and although some of the deaths in past books have been lesser characters (Amelia Bones, for instance), you know that no one is going to be safe in the final book. With so many Weasleys, for instance, you just no that one of them (probably Percy) will not live to see the end. And what about teachers? Will little Professor Flitwick be able to duck and cover when the poop hits the fan? Will the Durseleys finally welcome Harry into their family, or will they grieve at his funeral?

Of course, the biggest question will be "Can you resist the temptation to go right to the end of the book to see if Harry is still "The Boy Who Lived?"

Inquiring minds want to know!

#590711 07/07/07 11:43 AM
Leader
Leader
I'm trying to figure out the best way to buy this book. I think I'll go early Saturday, but not to the big party thing -- too much chance for spoilers. Plus, I read about a woman who showed up a little late for one of those with Book 6, and someone spoiled it for her in the parking lot when he shouted it out the car window as the car he was in was leaving. Bastard.

Or maybe I should just bite the bullet and preorder from Amazon. Can they even guarantee it at this point with so many preorders?

Anyway, I am going to resist the urge to jump to the end. It'll be hard, though.

#590712 07/09/07 09:00 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I pre-ordered from Amazon, and they are delivering it to me on the day of release. I think they are guaranteeing delivery on orders made before July 11th. That's what I did with the last two books, and it's worked out fine.

Of course, I'm an Amazon Prime customer, so I get free 2-day delivery. I'm not sure how much delivery costs for non-Prime customers, so even with their discounts you might still end up paying a little more than you might in the stores.

#590713 07/11/07 10:56 PM
Deputy
Deputy
This isn't a bash at anyone that enjoys the current state of Pottermania, but personally I can't wait for this last book to come out so JK Rowling will be revealled as the one-trick pony I always suspected she was and never bother us again. wink
She bugs me almost as much as bloody Paris Hilton.

Wayne@OZ
#590714 07/12/07 08:50 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I wish I could find a billion dollar one trick pony wink

#590715 07/12/07 04:28 PM
C
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
C
Star Boy:

I can't wait for this last book to come out so JK Rowling will be revealled as the one-trick pony I always suspected she was and never bother us again.
She bugs me almost as much as bloody Paris Hilton.
You've got to be kidding. At least JK Rowling came by her fame by displaying writing talent, even if it is limited (something that will need to be proven by a failed attempt at writing something else, I guess). Paris Hilton is talented at nothing more than self-promotion, and the media actively participate in her show.

Chaim Mattis Keller
ckeller@nyc.rr.com
Legion-Reference-File Lad
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,857
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Cham55
Cham55
Scotland
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star