Roll Call
0 members (), 9 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by idle - 03/28/24 09:35 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/28/24 08:46 PM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:59 PM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:57 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 03/28/24 07:56 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:28 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 05:24 PM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
A Written History of the LMBP
#592303 02/01/06 09:31 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
A Written History of the LMBP: An Ongoing Story

by Cobalt Kid

Legionnopolis, Legion World

Copyright c 3006 by Triumvirate Publications

Grateful acknowledgment is made to the artists, writers and membership of the LMBP for their contributions to this narrative that are contained within

Re: A Written History of the LMBP
#592304 02/01/06 09:31 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
For all the friends over the years, that have come, gone and stayed, and for Paul

#592305 02/01/06 09:33 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<span style="font-size: 30px;">A Written History of the LMBP</span>

<span style="font-size: 25px;">An Ongoing Story</span>

#592306 02/01/06 03:06 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Preface

Who would have thought that the little internet group I joined six years ago would still be going strong today? Or that I would still be a part of it? I've been involved in online groups before, but nothing with this sort of staying power. So what makes the LMBP different than these other groups?

Friendship.

It's not just that we share a common interest. We've become involved with each other on a very personal level. We've been there through personal highs and lows, shared each other's joys and gave support when we needed it. We've met face to face, talked on the phone, even exchanged gifts and cards on the holidays.

We're no longer just a "legion of message board posters." We've become an extended family. These are the ties that bind us, and that is the reason why we're still going strong after all these years.

- Newcru (Crusader, Crujectra, et al)

Some people are like slinkys: not really good for anything, but they bring a smile to your face when you knock them down a flight of stairs
#592307 02/02/06 02:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Preface

Gallaghers! I can't even imagine how I would have filled the past 6 years if the LMB had not come to exist. Memphis might be nothing but a smoking ruin by now. You guys have saved thousands of lives! Give yourselves a pat on the back!

So thanks for giving me a place to annoy people with irritating catchphrases and buzzwords, and an outlet for expressing my love for obscure characters that very few care about!

It struck me not long ago that the LMB is going to be the one thing I'm most likely to be remembered for and I'm proud of that.

--MLLASH (wondering what the exes he's pissed off will remember him for)

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#592308 02/03/06 06:49 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors

#592309 02/03/06 06:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Introduction
A Word from the Author

"You know, we should really straighten out our continuity one day.”

Lash said that one September afternoon in 2003, and for some reason the idea really stuck in my head. I had returned in September of 2003 to the LMB, Legion fandom, and well, the internet in general after a lengthy hiatus (really my third one) and had regained a familiar thrill—the feeling I had gotten years earlier in posting with the LMB through the unique hobby of having fun online with a group of friends who lived very, very far apart.

The continuity of the LMB has always fascinated me, and I was always immersed in the way the LMB characters mimicked the comics books that we loved so much in the sense that there was an ongoing story that had its own complex and wonderful continuity. So I took it upon myself to try and organize a complete and all-encompassing LMB timeline, knowing full well that the history of the LMB was a maze of craziness and composite stories and subplots over a variety of years, many of which I was not around for. And I loved every second of it.

And now I can say, without a shadow of a doubt that nothing has been left out. I’ve talked to every available member, read every available thread/document and read all the backlogs of all the still active message boards (even the Yahoo Group) and have formulated a very intricate timeline for the history of the LMB. In creating a smooth timeline out of a series of unique and unrelated stories and characters, I’ve found a fun hobby that has only increased my love for this group ten-fold.

However, somewhere along the way, I realized there was a much deeper and greater story to tell. The story of the group itself, in real life, and how it came together to mean so much more than a group of people who posted about comics and stuff on a message board. And how over the years, people have come and gone and the group has grown and changed, although never losing the spirit that defines it, no matter how hard it is to define that spirit in words. In fact, the story of the migration from message board to message board, and the ability to keep people staying and returning online when they were apparently lost in cyber-space is as interesting a story to read as the mirroring tale of cosmic super-heroes and their wacky adventures.

I began the continuity research in September 2003 and officially began the timeline in the fall of 2004, and now, I can open up the official thread. It feels good. And less I start to feel the eventual ‘downer’ effect of completing something you like doing, I’m reminded of the fact that the story is far from over and going on still—and I’m still behind on recapping the most recent events! Knowing its an ongoing story is the most enjoyable aspect of this entire timeline: in terms of the fun adventures of a group of well-meaning but bumbling super-heroes, as well as the story of a group that continues to grow as a genuine community of friends and kindred spirits.

Sweet Ass Sweet!!!

- Cobalt Kid

#592310 02/03/06 06:57 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Introduction
What is the LMBP?

In brief, the LMB, or LMBP as some call it, is a group of posters that have been hanging out online since March 12, 2000. The Legion of Message Board Posters (LMBP, although often referred to as LMB, especially by its oldest members) was given this title by MLLASH when he kick-started the group then, although the foundations for the group are truly a little earlier.

But it oh so much more.

According to the LMBP Yahoo! Group
"Welcome to the Yahoo!Group home of the Legion of Message Board Posters. Drawn together by our love of the Legion, held together by our friendship and mutual respect. All are welcome here, but please play nice."

According to the LMBP Outpost
"Welcome to the LMBP Outpost, the Internet home and headquarters of the Legion of Message Board Posters! We were drawn together by a love of DC's Legion of Super-Heroes, but it's the friendships we've forged that keep us together.”

The group began as a collection of internet fans of the Legion of Super-Heroes, who originally posted on the Official DC Comics Message Board. A handful of posters had gotten to know one another better, in a real attempt to do away with internet formalities and get to know the person speaking behind the ambiguous moniker. A short while after, the Legionnaires Forum on the DCMBs was all but largely abandoned, and a handful of those posters already getting to know one another began posting there more often. Thus, the main posters doing so, MLLASH, LardLad, Shadowplay in Candlelight, Cobalt Kid and Tsarin (now Mystery Lad) were dubbed the LMBP by MLLASH. Mere hours later and already others had signed on, such as bellbookcandle and Newcru to name a few.

Inane, utterly silly, vulgar and often pushing the line of decency in a public forum, this group of message board posters grew into something larger, that not only talked about the Legion, but talked about each other and each other’s interests, and literally began building itself into an online community.

As months turned to years and time continued on, it became apparent that this group had no intentions of disbanding and had truly grown into something far more than a fan club for the Legion of Super-Heroes—indeed, many of the posters hardly spoke about the Legion of Super-Heroes at times. Gaining its own websites, continually being joined by new, enthusiastic members with the same off-beat humor, the group has become a adhesive, potent force in the last 6+ years.

It means friendship and doing away with internet formalities, and creating a real community of friends online that have a common goal of loving the Legion. It means being a place to come to when you feel like you've got nowhere else to go, to discuss the various things that interest you. And it means you've decided that above all else, it’s much more important that everyone is having a good time together.

There is a mission to it too: a type of pro-active stance on involving others in Legion fandom, in doing any tiny little bit it takes to help increase the profile of the current comic book by bringing in new fans and showing them what a cool concept the Legion is--in all forms.

It’s hard to define what the LMB is, because it is constantly evolving and changing, and it means different things to different people. But it certainly is something, and its here to stay

#592311 02/03/06 06:58 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Introduction
What is Continuity in Regards to the LMBP?

Within mere days of the LMB’s existence the various active members of the LMB began to create the fictional universe of the LMB with no true goal or purpose in doing so. Using their screen names and love of various aspects of the Legion, comics in general and popular culture in general, LMBers were created as a super-hero team that mimicked the Legion of Super-Heroes. There was one exception to the rule: the LMB Universe, from the very start, incorporated more drunken shenanigans, sexual debauchery and off-beat zanies that made it apparent to any reading that it did not take itself seriously. In a way, it was a Legion of Samwise the Braves—but Frodo would not have gotten very far without Sam, so that was enough.

The continuity exploded onto the scene and became a solid part of life among the LMB, as stories and character bits became commonplace. Soon, the LMB had a vibrant, living universe that was expanding and building upon previous cannon, so that it had its very own continuity in the truest sense of the word. This has continued to this day, and in a way that has at times embraced the silliness and complicatedness of comic book continuity, to the point where it became hard to sort out what had happened when.

This is why this narrative was begun—to get a set timeline to bring together many years of silly and sometimes serious LMB stories into one coherent timeline. In that respect, I’m quite certain I’ve far exceeded my expectations.

Continuity has been established through a variety of means. Tag Team threads, where one poster posts a big of a story and then passes it on to the next, as well as Onevisions, where there is one sole author (a method created by LardLad) have been two main venues to showcase LMB continuity. However, little character bits can be found in almost any thread over the last 5+ years, and a genuine sense of the continuity comes from every aspect of the LMB.

The Real Life/Continuity Overlap
Real life time does not reflect continuity time. In regards to how old the LMB is, it is five and a half years old at October, 2005. In continuity, it’s a little over six years old. This stems from the notion that the leadership terms of the LMB are supposed to be three months long, although they are often much longer, and sometimes drag on for a long time. On the other hand, they sometimes are exactly three months, but during a period where there was such an immense amount of activity, it would make no sense that all could fit into one term. In an effort to sort this out in terms of continuity, it’s been established that each leadership term is about four months long in continuity, although there are special exceptions where they are even longer. Thus, the LMB’s characters move along at a relatively easy to manage pace (as often too much happens in one term to truly fit into just three months), while the real life LMB leadership can fluctuate in terms of length in regards to the atmosphere of the team.

#592312 02/03/06 07:00 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Introduction
On the Prose of this Narrative

LMB vs. LMBP
The terms LMB and LMBP are virtually interchangeable, and I will use them in that manner throughout this entire narrative. They both originally referred to “Legion of Message Board Posters”, although much later Stu came up with the idea of the LMBP referring to that traditional title and LMB referring to “Legion of the Message Board”.

Real History and Continuity
I set out to write this written history with the LMB’s continuity in mind, although upon doing so I realized there is a much deeper and far more important story to be told in the form of the real life history of the LMB and how the group has evolved and progressed since days when it was an infant concept. Throughout this narrative, I will continually offer insight on events during the history of the LMB, and split them up into how things occurred in real life, and then in terms of how history moved in the LMB’s fictional continuity. Thus, two distinct threads will be woven throughout this story of the LMB, and each one, as can subtly be seen, affected the other.

Breaking of the Sections
Each chapter of the narrative will be broken down by the terms of the LMB Leader, and listed chronologically. There will be some exceptions, when there appeared to be no LMB leader at the time, as well as two bookend chapters “Before the LMB” and “Five Years Later”, which offer insight into the continuity of the fictional LMB universe, although do not accurately fall into any one time period of the LMB’s existence.

Dates
Each section, broken up by the then current LMB leader (with some exceptions) will have at the top of the post a set of dates that will distinguish when those events took place in real time. As previously mentioned, there is a real life/continuity overlap—however, the dates at the top of the page will give you an accurate idea of when the events in that post were occurring, despite real life leadership terms taking longer than ‘in continuity’ terms.

Links
There are a variety of active places to find original LMB stories and threads still on the internet. For each one of these that exist, a link will be included into the timeline, so that readers can view the original source material to see where the information was secured.

Footnotes
A separate thread of footnotes will exist as an addendum with this thread, giving further historical insight on more specific bits of LMB history and trivia. Often, these might include mine and others personal recollections of obscure bits of LMB lore.

#592313 02/06/06 08:36 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Pre-LMB, before Year One:

Pre-Egypt
Real History During the Ongoing Tag Team Thread of Year Five, Abin Quank began writing his own unique story more in line with a Onevision. This was a story about Rody the Super Rat, Iron Rat and Nightcrawler traveling back into time and confronting another JSMBP, and the origins of Stoopid Cat, Pagan Lass and Iron Rat.

In Continuity
In Pre-Egypt, the Cat-Goddess Bast understood that one day a great and terrible evil would descend on the galaxy, and she attempted to create agents to stop this evil. Already, the great mystic Numb-Nuts the Semi-Incomprehensible began training StuRat, who was already an adept mystic, and Bast sought to create an equally powerful being in the form of Stoopid Cat, who she endowed with extraordinary power. Using a cat from StuRat’s century, Bast also saw the opportunity to make one more agent, in the form of Pagan Lass, also from that century. In the time since, many of LMBers have learned of further connections to this time period. this was originally a Onevision by Abin Quank

The Golden Age LMB
Real History During the LMBP’s Year Two, Onevisions became a popular form of story-telling amongst the LMBP. Faraway Lad was one of those who perfected this, as he wrote the LMB story “The Golden Age” LMBP, which introduced a group of heroes who established a connection and history with the current LMBP. This continued the trend of establishing an ever growing universe for the LMBP and helped inspire MLLASH (along with the comic book CHASE) to create the LMB Experience.

In Continuity
During the 1940’s, a group of heroes banded together to fight crime and spread the virtues of justice and peace! They were the Justice Society of Message Board Posters: Lard Knight, The Loser, The Lash, Beagle Twins, The Conciliator, The Flying Squirrel and Squirrelly the Boy Rodent, Scrapper man with his nine year old companion Slugger, and the Green Miasma! Many of these had connections to present day LMB heroes, such as the Lard Knight who was a Lard Knight of that era and The Loser, who could tap into the Loser force! this was originally a Onevision by Faraway Lad

The Justice Society of Message Board Posters of the 1950’s[/b]
Real History During the Ongoing Tag Team Thread of Year Five, Abin Quank began writing his own unique story more in line with a Onevision. This was a story about Rody the Super Rat, Iron Rat and Nightcrawler traveling back into time and confronting another JSMBP.

In Continuity
During the 1950’s, a group inspired by the original JSMBP came together to try and once more show people that Justice could still exist. They were: Super Duper Marvelous Man, Spectaculur Aqua-Lungs Girl, Jesse Quickly, Green Latrine, Mr. Terrifically and his T-Spheres Ben and Wa, Duck Bloggers and his sidekick Green Cloned Pig. For a period of time in this era, the heroes Stoopid Cat and Pagan Lass traveled back in time and served on the team, until returning with other future heroes Iron Rat, Nightcrawler, Rody the Super Rat and Dusty Baker this was originally a Onevision by Abin Quank

[b]The LMB Experience
Real History During the second year of the LMBP, Onevisions became a popular form of storytelling. One of the first to use this style was MLLASH, who created the LMB Experience in “The Last Days of the LMB Experience”.

In Continuity SPOILERS
During the 1960’s and 1970’s, another group attempted to take up the mantel of super-heroes, to continue the tradition of super-heroics. However, most of this group would meet a terrible end, thus leaving a sad legacy for super-heroics that would last a millennia! Among their original line-up was Acid Lad, Boy 54, Sundown, Rhinestone Cowboy, Roller Queen, Platform King, Belle Bottom, Peace-Taker, The Living Afro, Bong Boy and Frisbee Frank . Towards the end of the era, different attitudes about politics and society, mixed in with rambunctious sex and drug-taking helped send many of the LMBE on path of destruction. In the mid-70’s, the villain Dr. Butz began to attack and murder them one by one, culminating in his murders of Rhinestone Cowboy and Sundown! Finally, it was Acid Lad, Boy 54 and Roller Queen who learn that Dr. Butz was actually Golden Age sidekick The Slugger gone evil, joined by the other Golden Age Sidekick, Squirrelly the Rodent Boy. Both sidekicks had been abused by their so-called ‘heroic mentors’, as Squirrelly was locked away as a monster and Slugger suffered far more terrible abuse. Finally, through the sacrifice of Boy54, the two heroes were able to make it alive, and the two former sidekicks turned villains perished. With a sense of new-found hope, Acid Lad and Roller Queen reenter the world attempting to shrug off the painful previous few years, as Boy 54 is able to somehow cheat death and continue to party on as he always had. this was originally a Onevision by MLLASH

Engine Joe
Real History- On the old DC Boards, there were two boards, the Legion of Super-Heroes Board and the Legionnaires Board. Everyone posted on the LSH board, while no one did on the L* board...except Engine Joe. For months, he single-handidly kept it alive so the moderator would not delete it from existence. Most of the LMB would not know about his efforts until he left the boards a week earlier (sadly ironic since he never saw the LMB, which started partly because of his inspiration).

LMB Continuity:
In an era with few heroes, the sad 20th Century, one man stood apart from the rest and performed many Heroic deeds--Engine Joe. He was a virtual Superman, as heroic and brave as he was smart and crafty, and with numerous abilites and super-powers to go with it. So great was his influence that he would be remembered as a great hero for one thousand years.

Little is known about what happened to him, and most still don't know to this day. Unknown to the LMB , Engine Joe lived on for a thousand years, adopting the name R. Engine J. Brande and living life as a industrialist and philanthropist in the 30th century.

#592314 02/06/06 08:42 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<span style="font-size: 30px;">Year One</span>

<span style="font-size: 25px;">The Beginning of the LMBP</span>

#592315 02/06/06 08:46 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Year One: The Beginning of the LMBP
Part I: Who Are You?

February 15, 2000
The Who Are You? Thread (must be logged into Yahoo Groups)

Real history : the foundation of the LMB truly begins with the thread "Who Are You?" on the old DC Legion of Super Heroes Board. Although many posters had been there for months, and some had even gotten to 'know' bits and pieces about one another, there was still major internet ambiguity and an impersonal feel to the boards. One day, LardLad, a somewhat major poster at the time, began the thread "Who Are You?” saying that he was tired of this internet ambiguity and that he felt more comfortable getting to know people personally, and have people get to know him.

Immediately this thread was a hit. Many of us from the first year began posting little anecdotes about ourselves, and many of the early friendships began there. For instance, MLLASH knew LardLad from a previous message board and the two often joked together and argued against Greybird. However, in this thread both MLLASH and LardLad became friendlier with Greybird, just as they became more friendly with Cobalt Kid, Armsfalloffboy, Newcru and a variety of others. Here was the true beginning of the LMB.

In LMB Continuity:

Throughout the universe, many young men and women existed with extraordinary abilities or extraordinary courage and dreams. Some even had both. An evil scientist, R'ym J'aab, believed that if he could control the minds of these young men and women, he could build a virtual army to conquer the universe. Obviously mad, he adopted the name Salad Tosser Lord, and quickly set out to capture these young men and women.

Many of them, including LardLad, Lash Lad, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, Cobalt Kid, Tsarin Kid, Crusader and many more were captured. However, Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass was able to break free of her bonds and free LardLad, who then fought back against Salad Tosser Lad, while Tsarin Kid and Cobalt Kid dismantled his mind-controlling devices.

In the end, Salad Tosser Lad escaped, although he was beaten. However, most of these young men and women could not truly remember what had happened to them, asking each other "Who Are You?" after the battle concluded and their memories were erased. Only Lash Lad had the slightest sense of what happened before they all parted ways.

#592316 02/06/06 09:02 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part II: The Legion of Message Board Posters

March, 12, 2000

The Legion of Message Board Posters Thread

Real History: A week or so after Engine Joe stopped posting on the L* Board, a few random posters decided to venture over and start creating threads. Soon, a massive influx of new threads overwhelmed the Legionnaires Board, and the seven or so of us doing them having so much fun posting with each other that we quickly became a group of good friends. This was mainly MLLASH, LARDLAD, Shadowplay in Candlight, Cobalt Kid, Tsarin, Bellbookcandle, Leviathan and Goon Boy (although some others popped in a bit, like Newcru). This was all in the span of only a few days.

By the end of those few days, MLLASH created the most infamous thread in message board history: "The Legion of Message Board Posters." With that, the LMB was born.

In it, he said:
"Charter members:
Lardlad
Cobalt Kid
Tsarin Kid
Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass
Lash Lad
Engine JoeBoy

Post here to earn full membership, including your very own replica Dream Girl barette and LMB walking ring which enables all LMB members to travel via the ground! Our membership is strictly limited to 25 so don't delay! Offer open to all posters on the Legionnaies board****"

LardLad, Cobalt Kid, Tsarin, Shadowplay in CandleLight, Engine Joe and MLLASH became the founders of the LMB, taking on the names Lash Lad, LardLad, Shadowplay in Candlight Lass (commonly referred to as Shady, as she will be from here on out), Cobalt Kid and Tsarin Kid. Engine Joe never posted again, so he did not truly become a founder.

By the second post (from Shady), she added that others should be involved to: Bellbookcandle, Goon Boy and Leviathan, known as Bellbookcandle Kid, Goon Boy and Lev Lad [ note - the name Bellbookcandle was retroactively changed to Seahorse].

That same day, Newcru also posted on the thread asking for membership, and quickly joined up. Under the name Newcru King [ note- this name has been retconned to be Crusader], he rounded out the days line-up. With that, the LMB was formed.

In Continuity:

There are a variety of Origin Stories dealing with the Origin of the LMB
Basically, it follows this: LardLad , Lash Lad and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, while meeting unexpectedly, end up saving philanthropist R. Engine J. Brande from an assassination attempt. He tells them of heroes of old, and that they should start their own group. They quickly do so, with their first two new recruits Cobalt Kid and Tsarin Kid, both of whom knew each other previously. Quickly, Seahorse, Goon Boy, Lev Lad and Crusader rounded out the team, so the LMB founders ushered in a new age, the age of the LMB.

Throughout the ages, many interpretations of this story have been published, in an attempt to further understand how the LMBP came to be:

\'The True Origin of the LMB!\' by Loser Lad

\'The True Origin of the LMBP (as told by some senile old fart)\' by LardLad

\'The True Origin Story of the LMBP\' by Faraway Lad

\'The real true origin of the LMBP\' by Seahorse

\'Otherworld: the True Origin of the LMB\' by Kid Therod

\'The LMBP and All That\' by Lucien Lad

#592317 02/06/06 09:14 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part III: The Legion of Message Board Posters--A True Legion

March, 12, 2000 – March 30, 2000

LMBP Secret Origins and Powers

Personal Files for Each LMBer

Real History: Immediately, there was a major influx of members. So many joined up so quickly, that it became common place to try and keep track of who joined. In one day there would be five new members often. Eventually, it began to stabilize around twenty-five or so members with Looks that Kill Lad, although many more members still joined at a very rapid pace. By then, however, it was easier to keep track of.

Throughout this rapid influx of membership, the LMB was bursting with energy, creativity and pure chaos. There was threads about the Legion, threads about each other and then quite suddenly...threads about the LMB as Super-Heroes (more on that later).

This is the period hardest to keep track of on whom joined when. It has retroactively been established that anyone who only posted one time did not truly join the LMB, but had honorary status (the list would be too hard to figure out and too long). They will all be listed in the continuity section, with a basic timeline for this period.

In Continuity:

- After the nine founders established the LMB, many tried to infiltrate them. One in particular was LLANCE , who almost succeeded. However, he was revealed to be a super-traitor and was sent home from the LMB.

- The first two new members to join the LMB arrived in Superstar fashion: Grey Birdboy and Rhino , the first two new recruits of the LMB!

- The LMB set up their first Headquarters, which would serve them for their first two years.

- Beagle Boy was the next to join

- Loser Lad joined

- FoodMaker Kid joined- FoodMaker Kid was retroactively inserted into LMB Continuity. No such person ever existed, he was the first fictional LMB member

- The motto "SWEET ASS SWEET" was coined by LardLad and adopted by the LMB.

- Ultra Jo

- Lumber Fox

- Carggaphile Kid (now known as Man From Carrgg)

- Kbern Kid

- Armsfalloffboy

-Beagle Boy's dog, Piddlin' Pup joins the LMB at their headquarters.

- Stately Wayne Manor Eater Lad (Zoe's Love Slave)

- JWB Boy

- Sketch Lad

- Dev-Em

- Lurker Lad I (Grae)

- Igee the Mighty

- Looks that Kill Lad (Paul McNeil)

- During the tryouts held by the LMB in the early weeks, hundreds of other applicants tried out and did not receive membership to the LMB. One such applicant was Dazzle Lass. Dazzle Lass and LardLad immediately become very close after he consoled her following her rejection.

#592318 02/06/06 09:24 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part IV: The Adventures of the LMBP

Real History Almost immediately, posters in the LMB began getting 'into character' and developing their own personas to fit their characters. This was done in a variety of ways including random posts revealing some important aspect of a character, or other threads making reference to past adventures that might have been and what the LMB would be doing if it were similar to the Legion.

Eventually, the grand tradition of the tag team thread began. Each tag thread contained a LMB story that allowed a poster to come in and pick up right where the last post left off telling a tale--so that it was a constantly evolving, organic tale. These adventures chronicled the growth of the LMB and established a continuity of storylines to go along with our characters. Within a few weeks of the founding of the LMB, the first one began. They have been a hallmark ever since.

In Continuity:

The adventures of the LMBP kicked off with a bang. Immediately, a series of villains, zany situations and cosmic adventures ensued:

The LMB Adventures BJ Boy and Hummer Lass are introduced as key enemies of the LMB, constantly attacking LMBers and making them succumb to weakness. Most of the early LMBers are involved totally in these tales. The Time Mouse Trapper is also revealed to be the main enemy of the LMB. A combination of an all powerful time controlling villain waiting for them at the end of time, and a sneaky little mouse, the Time Mouse Trapper unleashed the first of his many attacks.
Real History Note- this was an actual tag team thread started by LardLad, although it has been lost to us.

The Death of Food-Maker Kid Early in the history, the LMB experienced tragedy, as one of their members, Food Maker Kid, perished in a battle with the Super Moby Dick of Space. Beagle Boy was hit especially hard, since Food Maker Kid was the equivalent of a mentor to him.
Real History Note-this is not actual tag story, and was retroactively fit into continuity in the very next tag story. In the future, these notes will only be seen when there actually was a tag team thread

The New (Reboot) Origin of the LMB[/b] In the second great saga of the LMB, BJ Boy and Hummer Lass return and resume their attacks on the LMBers. Another great threat is revealed, as Salad Tosser Lord returns to attack the LMB and unleash his terrible plan. The Time Mouse Trapper continues to lurk in the background. Finally, the story culminates with the great threat of Entropy Spinach being unleashed upon the world. Only Tsarin Kid's brilliant intellect is able to save them with his new invention, the "Spinach to Vodka" machine, which then turns it into vodka for Loser Lad and Cobalt Kid to drink.

[b]The LMB Espionage Squad At first it appears that Lash Lad, Goon Boy and Cobalt Kid are missing from duty for some time. It is eventually revealed that Cobalt Kid had created the LMB Espionage Squad, to infiltrate the summer tropical island of Kancun, and the three had been victorious in a very dangerous mission. Afterwards, Cobalt Kid is made leader of the LMB Espionage Squad, a position he holds throughout the LMB’s history and a precedent for his later title of Security Chief (for life).

#592319 02/06/06 09:33 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part V: Anecdotes during the Earliest Days of the LMBP

-The LMB decide to open up the LMB Academy to train all the applicants that were rejected, but would like to learn how to control their powers. Armsfalloffboy is elected Dean of the school, and other LMBers, such as Shady and LardLad become teachers. It is apparent that LardLad pushed for the creation of this school because he wanted to become closer to Dazzle Lass. Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass insists that teachers and students cannot be in a romantic relationship.

-Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass quickly and permanently is revered among the LMBers as one of the most beloved members of the team. It cannot be stressed enough how much the rest of the LMB adores and loves her.

-Tsarin Kid takes on the role of the resident scientist/genius among the LMB, who come to rely on him for all matters of this nature.

-Blok the Pet Rock becomes the LMB Mascot, after helping them in a battle against some super-crooks of space (by falling on one's toe, tripping him into the others).

-Crusader becomes responsible for maintaining a clean and well administered LMB Headquarters. Unfortunately, this involves having to tidy the place up after the notorious LMB parties (and LardLad's day to day antics).

-LardLad and Dazzle Lass begin a romantic relationship in secret.

-Ultra Jo begins tabulating the amount of duty being worked by each LMBer (amount of posts). This would later lead to the creation of the LMB Mission Monitor Board.

-Seahorse coins his famous catch phrase "Oh my Giddy Aunt!"

-Beagle Boy follows in the steps of his mentor, Foodmaker Kid, and becomes the premier chef among the LMB.

-The Hootchie Hut is found by LardLad, and the Red Light Lounge is found by Lash Lad, beginning the long tradition of the two intergalactic bars (connected through a door) being the hang-out of the LMB.

-Dev-Em's dog, Schnauzer Pup, joins him at LMB Headquarters for some time.

-Mordra, a young woman looking to hone her powers, enters the LMB Academy.

-LardLad's sidekick Pro-D begins joining him on LMBP adventures and becomes the LMB Mascot.

-Cobalt Kid begins dating his first girlfriend Debauchery Damsel.

-Gonorrhea Gary applies for admission to the LMBP, but his gonorrhea powers are not accepted as a welcome addition. Angry, he lashes out at them although he realizes that he's being selfish and stops before the battle gets out of hand. LMBer Kbern Kid is strangely attracted to him, despite his disease.

-Sketch Lad's cousins Sure Lee and Absolute Lee join him for a few missions with the LMB. This initially inspires Sketch Lad to begin creating and using divas in his sketches to aid him in battle. Eventually, the cousins leave, although not after a scandal between Sure Lee and Cobalt Kid.

-JWB Boy continues to have recurring money trouble, despite living in LMB HQ. At home, he is supporting fourteen brothers and sisters and nineteen cousins.

-Cobalt Kid ditches Debauchery Damsel for Princess No-Protection, introduced to him by Lash Lad. This begins both his 'rogue' reputation, as well as his inclination to not use protection, which would haunt the LMBP years later.

Honorary Members:
Throughout this period, a number of posters 'joined' the LMBP by posting one post. This entitled them to 'Honorary Status', although not truly official LMB status. These are some of the following that did so in Year One, although in no specific order or chronology:
Sk8 Maven
Zero Man
Gnorf!
Mediocore Boy
Jim Gallagher
Sir Justin of Camelot
dead boy
Towenarr
Brainbox

#592320 02/06/06 10:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part VI: Other Early LMBP Adventures

The Legion of Message Board Super-Pets After the LMB is kidnapped and held hostage by the Time Mouse Trapper, it's up to the LMBers pets to come and save them. LardLad's sidekick Pro-D unites Beagle Boy's dog Piddlin' Pup, Dev-Em's dog Schnauzer Pup and LMB mascot Blok the pet Rock, as the four invade the Time Mouse Trapper's lair and rescue their LMB owners.

Espionage on Gay Disco Island! Lash Lad, Kbern Kid, Seahorse, Crusader, Looks that Kill Lad, Rhino and Beagle Boy investigate the strange disappearances of the strait LMBers, and learn that they are being held prisoner on Gay Disco Island. Dressing up in full disco regalia, they and Shady infiltrate the island to free them.

The Message Board League In an inter-time crossover, a group of heroes from the 21st century arrive in the 31st century and go on a small series of adventures with the LMB. The Message Board League members Disco Steve, the Time Tryst, Indestructable Man and Joker1 enter fight side by side the LMB against threats such as BJ Boy, Hummer Lass and Salad Tosser Lord. Real History Note- these posters really existed and used to post on other forums on the DC Boards. They came over to meet 'the other group' and ended up having a few days of fun across the L* Board.

And Men Shall Call her Whordru![/b] the Great wizard Whordru awakens after a millennia of sleep and decides to throw a hissy fit and destroy the universe! Looking like a beautiful woman with a long flowing full white beard she begins her rampage, until she is ultimately confronted by the LMB! In their biggest battle since the Time Mouse Trapper, every LMBer rushes into battle until she is defeated. She is only defeated after the LMB Cadets leave the academy and come and save the LMB! It was Dazzle Lass and Mordra, two LMB cadets that eventually saved the day. The mission ended with Dazzle Lass and Mordra inducted into the LMB. Note- Dazzle Lass, Mordra and the first defeat of Whordru are retcons, and the full tale behind them is currently being told in LardLad's Onevision "Turning Point".

[b]Turning Point After Dazzle Lass and Mordra join the LMB, things begin getting strange for them and LardLad. At first, Leelee (Dazzle Lass) doesn't want to reveal her relationship with LardLad, but then actually begins sleeping with all the other male LMBers, even the gay ones. Then, on Cobalt Kid's birthday, LardLad proposed to Dazzle Lass in front of them all, and a huge fight broke out, each man claiming her for himself. Dazzle Lass ran out of the room, Lardy followed, and when the LMB arrived, her dead murdered corpse was in his hands. LardLad is immediately imprisoned for murder with the majority of the LMB turning their backs on him. Finally, it is Shady that convinced Loser Lad and Cobalt Kid to help him, leading to Tsarin Kid solving the case and exonerating LardLad. After an intense interview with Whordru, they learn that it is Mordra, Dazzle Lass’s best friend and fellow LMBer, that is the true traitor: known as Mordra the Harlot, she is actually Whordru’s hated sister and is responsible for betraying the LMB and murdering Dazzle Lass! They confront Mordrda, and are relatively unsuccessful in stopping her, until Lardy finally acts out of pure anger and stabs her in the abdomen with a blade. Though successful, the scars remained deep among the LMBers present, and this marks the turning point of when LardLad began to grow a dark side to his personality that some LMBers whisper about in secret. The take-charge LardLad most famously emerged as the previous shyness of LardLad faded, and the debauchery style of living he is most noted for became prominent thereafter.

The Mystery of the Time Mouse Trapper The Time Mouse Trapper strikes again, attacking the LMB with a renewed sense of vengeance. Throughout, the LMB attempt to figure out his origins, although they continue to get picked off one at a time. At one point, it seems that the Time Mouse Trapper has something to do with Seahorse, Lash Lad or another LMBer in the future that the LMB has not met yet. Ultimately, Goon Boy solves the mystery, but forgets what he figured out by the end of the battle and the LMB remain clueless. The Time Mouse Trapper is only defeated by the combined strength and wits of Looks that Kill Lad, Dev-Em, Lumber Fox and Lash Lad.

The New Super Recruits of the Legion of Message Board Super-Pets eager to prove that they are just as heroic as their owners, the LMB Super Pets expand their membership as Shelly, Nibble Pup, Tony the Noisy Cat and the Peckers Three (birds) join up! The new reloaded Super Pets engage in a variety of hi-jinks until the real LMB has to bail them out.

HUGEMANBREASTS Salad Tosser Lord creates his newest weapon against the LMB: HUGEMANBREASTS, a large frankenstein like monster with female breasts that was an imperfect clone of LardLad. However, during the attack, HUGEMANBREASTS grows angry at Salad Tosser Lord's control of him/her and betrays him, fleeing in the night.

Cobalt's Calculus Conundrum during his numerous periods of study, Cobalt Kid seems unable to comprehend the advanced Calculus he is studying. This is because the calculus has become so complex that it gained a life of its own and attacked the LMB! Defeating Cobalt Kid and then ambushing Loser Lad, Calculus ran amuck through LMB headquarters, although LardLad and Tsarin Kid drove it away. Although it was defeated, Calculus escaped and remains at large to this day. Real History Note- this was a real tag-team thread, although unfinished. However, it has been lost to us.

The Wedding of LardLad! –Not to be undone by her sister Mordra, Whoredru breaks out of prison and uses a girl named Helen as a pawn against the LMB. Whordru enchanted this poor girl who was trying out for the LMB and made her a hermaphrodite. The whole idea was that Helen could only have the enchantment lifted if she could get an LMBer to fall in love with and marry her. Very much like Dazzle Lass, Helen caught the eye of LardLad, who showed her a great kindness and love. The spell was lifted and it seemed the two fell in love—causing Lardy to marry her (and her becoming ‘Girl Girl’ on the wedding night). However, after the honeymoon, they came back and Lardy had their marriage annulled, claiming he was still under one of Whordru’s spells. Not known to any of his friends, this was Lardy’s way of hiding from love and happiness, afraid it would all fall apart again. Helen remained in love for LardLad, hoping one day he’d come back to her. Upon his return to the LMB, LardLad begins showing a deeper interest in the whereabouts to Hummer Lass, perhaps feeling a connection between kindred spirits.

#592321 02/06/06 02:13 PM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part VII: A Leader for the LMBP

April 19, 2000

Real History: with a solid membership established with over two dozen and rabidly expanding, the LMB came up with the idea of electing ourselves a leader and a deputy leader. The first nomination/election process was very simple and was contained inside the Legion of Message Board Posters thread. Those nominated were LardLad, Lash Lad, Cobalt Kid and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass, all founders and all very prominent posters among the LMB. LardLad became the first official LMB leader (with a clear majority, most likely because he began the "Who Are You" thread to kick things off), and Shadowplay in Candlelight Lass and Cobalt Kid became the first two deputy leaders of the LMB (both received equal votes). Terms of leadership were decided to be every three months, with no one allowed to be leader for two consecutive terms.

Election Results
LARDLAD: 9 Votes
SHADOWPLAY IN CANDLELIGHT LASS: 4 Votes
COBALT KID: 4 Votes
MLLASH: 1 Vote
LUMBER FOX: 1 Vote *

TOTAL VOTES: 18

* NOTE: Vote for Lumber Fox was cast by Space Tart, an LMB
Alter-Ego, and is not be counted towards the total
standings.

In Continuity: The LMB held their first elections for leader, and LardLad was nominated leader by a clear majority. Cobalt Kid and Shady are elected co-deputy leaders, and leadership terms are established to be every four months. It is established that no leader can run in two consecutive terms.

Real History Note: the Real History/Continuity Overlap
The difference in terms in continuity and outside is relevant, as it begins to work out that LMB continuity progresses more quickly than real life. Therefore, there are four leaders in a year, although only three in continuity.

#592322 02/07/06 09:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
<span style="font-size: 30px;">Year One</span>

<span style="font-size: 25px;">LardLad’s Term</span>

March 30, 2000 - July 21, 2000

#592323 02/07/06 09:52 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Year One: LardLad's Term
Part I: The Mission Monitor Board

Real History: To keep track of what various LMBers were supposed to be doing 'in continuity', Lash Lad started a thread called "The Mission Monitor Board", which showed which missions the LMBers were on and at what time. This became another major LMB thread that led to many small story points and continuity driven plots for the LMB.

Later, this thread would be important in alerting LMBers on the L* Board to where the other LMBers on the Road Trips were (and even later, the Wizard World Board). It also shows the further progression of the LMB taking on the personas of the Legion of Super-Heroes with their own spin.

In continuity: With the new Mission Monitor Board set up, it became standard for one or two LMBers to always be on Monitor duty, and for LMBers to check in and give full status reports of their missions. For example, Lash Lad, Cobalt Kid and Goon Boy were at the Klordny festival for some time, and routinely updated Lev Lad, who always seemed to be on Monitor duty.

#592324 02/07/06 10:14 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part II: The Road Trips

March 30, 2000 - (appr.) April 30, 2000

Real History: the road trips are often considered a big turning point in LMB history, as the LMB really became a tighter community and more of a team than before. After totally making the L* forum their home, and becoming a close nit group of friends, the LMB wanted to continue building on this connection with the rest of Legion fandom. To do so, they carried over a lot of the general enthusiasm and close fun to the LSH board.

Deciding to go even further, the LMB planned on spreading this growing community to the rest of comic book fandom (mainly the DCMBs at this point) and trying to get new readers for the Legion title, as well as gain new LMBers. Cobalt Kid proposed the idea of going on a road trip, by starting a thread in different DC forums, spending some time there for a few days, meeting other posters, and then moving on to the next forum. A lot of other LMBers loved this idea, and told him to go ahead.

Over the next few weeks, the Road Trips spread out to (in this order) the Impulse board, Wonder Woman board, Titans board, Starman board, JSA board and finally the greatly flame war infested Green Lantern board. Although the first road trip had only a few LMBers, almost the entire LMB had joined them over the course of the others, so they were all there for the GL board.

In addition to spreading the LMB and love of the Legion comic book, the LMB also continued to act 'in character', so the Road Trips took on the flavor of a continuing LMB adventure. Thus, when new members joined, which a few did, they fit right into the storyline.

In addition, Cobalt Kid and many LMBers continued to check in at the Mission Monitor Board thread in the L* forum, giving full reports of what was going on. The LMBers still there (in character) would communicate with the adventuring LMBers to keep the story moving.

In continuity:

The Road Trips can easily be split up into six distinct sections, which will make it easier to follow. In addition to a summary of the events in continuity, there will be other notes about things going on, as well as inserts about what was going on back at LMB HQ during this period.

Road Trip Part I: Impulse World ~ thread available at LMB Yahoo Group
Lev Lad crashes the ship onto Impulse World, starting the tradition of Lev Lad crashing every ship the LMB are on. Seahorse, Cobalt Kid, Shady, Crusader, Loser Lad and Lash Lad are with him. It's revealed that Impulse World is a world where people give in to sexual impulses to appease their Deity Impulse. Also, the LMB Cruiser runs on Vodkanium, so a constant search for it becomes a major part of the trip. Loser Lad is totally drunk at the start of the road trips, and remains so for the duration.

Space Tart: The first thing that the LMB see is a beautiful young blue-haired female. Even though she's only fifteen, Cobalt and she seem unable to stay away from each other. The LMB quickly learn that her name is Space Tart, and she likes them so much that she agrees to join them on their journey as their guide.

A few posters from the Impulse world join them for a bit.

Historical notes on Space Tart: Space Tart is the first alternate ID to ever join or participate with the LMB. However, she did not begin that way. In the Impulse Road trip thread, she is introduced in a post by Cobalt Kid, as a 'blue-haired young girl'. In a post or two later, Loser Lad aptly names her 'Space Tart' in describing her personality to the rest of the LMB. The character Space Tart is then fleshed out throughout this thread by Lash Lad, Loser Lad and Cobalt Kid, as well as Shady who starts giving her a better personality than 'interstellar trollop'. Cobalt Kid snuck into the last post of the thread that she'd be joining them on the Road Trips.

Back at the Mission Monitor Board, Cobalt Kid informs the LMB that they are continuing on to Themyscria (Wonder Woman World).

Road Trip Part II: Themyscria ~ thread available at LMB Yahoo Group
Immediately, the friendly posters of Wonder Woman World greet the LMB and begin interacting with them. Once again, Lev Lad crashes the LMB cruiser. LardLad 'ports from Monitor Duty to join the LMB on their road trip and Goon Boy reveals that he was stowed away on the cruiser. Seahorse and Crusader find a handsome young Amazon man named Mercury and enjoy his company. Mercury then joins them on the Road Trip.

Space Tart continues to join them, and her character is fleshed out a bit farther, as it is established that she is Cobalt Kid's new girlfriend. However, she gets jealous of Cobalt's drooling over the amazons (similar to LardLard, Loser Lad and Lev Lad), and she and Cobalt have their first tiff.

Lucien Lad one of the first posters to meet and greet the LMB, Lucien Lad is immediately impressed by their fabulousness, although not nearly as impressed with the LMB as they are with him. Also, the amount of flirting between Lucien Lad, Lash Lad, Seahorse and others peaks Lucien Lad's interest. Deciding to join them, he hops on the cruiser as it moves onto the next stop. Soon after, he is inducted into the LMB.

Historical note on Lucien Lad Lucien Lad, aka Bevis, never was a fan of the Legion until the LMB arrived at the Wonder Woman boards and 'recruited him'. Since then, he's become a Legion reader, and has become a close friend many of the LMBers over the years. He's one of the few posters to have stayed from year one strait until the present time.

#592325 02/07/06 10:35 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part II: The Road Trips (continued)

March 30, 2000 - (appr.) April 30, 2000

Road Trip Part III: Stars My Destination (Starman Board) ~ thread available at LMB Yahoo Group
On the way to their next destination, something in the LMB Cruiser malfunctions and Lev Lad crashes into Opal City, the city known only as a star, man. At first, it seems the inhabitants aren't very welcoming, although Shady, Seahorse, Lash and others get them to warm up to the LMB. Armsfalloff Boy joins them with a ten new kegs of Silver Ale.

It's revealed that Dev-Em previously undertook a secret espionage mission to Titans World to scope out the scenery, and was almost killed. Although lectured at first, his bravery is applauded.

The Time Mouse Trapper appears, and has a quick battle with the LMB, although he quickly leaves. In his wake, he leaves a battered Lumber Fox, who now joins them on the Road Trip. The LMB first begin hearing whispers about 'he who moderates', the Anti-Moderator. LardLad becomes very uncomfortable with the inhabitants of Opal City and fears that the rest of the LMB is going native. Meanwhile, most of the LMB go and get tattoos.

The Time Tryst, a resident of Opal City, explains to them the penalty for crossing the Anti-Moderator, who almost destroyed the Message Board League (who the LMB had previously met).

JWB Boy, who was secretly sent to Green Lantern World, reports with an update, although he's ordered to pull out, as it is too dangerous.

The Mighty Fanboy Man Lad: The Mighty Fanboy Man Lad joins the LMB at Opal City, after getting duct taped to the bottom of the ship as an initiation. TMFBM Lad, otherwise known as Sasha, immediately becomes a major member of the LMB, and is prominent for the rest of the time he is on the team. Also Space Tart also seems to find him very likable. Sasha was also the youngest member of the LMB by far, a few years younger than the closet in his age group, Cobalt Kid and Midnight Son.

Midnight Son: Another new recruit joins up, as Midnight Son becomes the newest LMBer. Otherwise known as Wildly Whining Boy, Midnight Son also becomes a long-time LMBer. Wildly Whining Boy often would notoriously be responsible for getting the LMB into action, as they would not longer want to hear his constant complaining.

More historical notes on Space Tart: although her character continued to be written for this thread, all of the LMB were surprised to see that the name Space Tart had been registered by someone and had become an actual poster. Suddenly, Space Tart had come to life and was an active member of the LMB. With her fate now in her hands, the personality of Space Tart began getting rounded out, as she hit on other LMBers to make Cobalt jealous. Although still enamored with Cobalt Kid, she was independent enough to hook up with others, much like he did with other girls. One person she did this with was the Might Fanboy Man Lad. At this point, she becomes an active member of the LMB.

The trip to Opal City ended with the cruiser being fixed and the LMB leaving. However, LardLad, who was uncomfortable with the city, planted bombs in all the toilets of the major buildings in Opal, so that when the LMB left, the city's toilets exploded and fecal matter rained onto the streets. As leader of the LMB, he told them that this was a necessary thing that he was forced to do, and they accepted this explanation after drinking all night.

Back at home, the LMB headquarters is a mass of activity, as other LMBers look to the Mission Monitor Board to join this increasingly large road trip.

Road Trip Part IV: Universe Ablaze (Titans Board) ~ thread available at LMB Yahoo Group
The LMB arrive at Titans World, although Lev Lad shocks them with a smooth landing. They are greeted by the denizens of Titan world, and an orange skinned female named Kori. Beagle Boy joins up with them, as they are all shocked to find...

The Return of Foodmaker Kid After some investigation, it's revealed that Foodmaker Kid had come back to the dead in some weird combination with Donna Troy and the Spectre. After seeing his old comrades again (especially his old friend Beagle Boy), the personalities merged within Foodmaker begin to be too much. Even worse, two new personalities, Jar Jar Binks and Hal Jordan/Parallax emerge as well. Many believed the Time Mouse Trapper had a hand in this. Ultimately, the LMB try to save their lost friend, but are unable to, as Foodmaker/Donna/Spectre/Jar Jar/Parralax disappears in a flash of light. He/she would not be seen again for two years.

Ultra Jo and Tsarin Kid join them on the road trips.

Real History Note- the final two segments of the Road Trips have been lost to us, although the first four are archived. It is because of this that many cannot remember the majority of what took place on these missions.

Road Trip Part V: The JSA World
The huge group of LMBers that had now amassed journeys to the JSA World, where they meet an even larger amount of people. Shady, Seahorse, and Grey Birdboy, who now joins them, strike up interesting conversations with them.

SMASHFACE the LMB first encounter SMASHFACE, a loud-mouthed poster willing to flame people over the slightest thing. Although they only interact a little with them, they will meet him more later.

Road Trip Part VI: Where Angels Fear to Tread (GL World)
After weeks of the road-tripping, the LMB arrive at their final destination, the long-dreaded GL World.

The preparation: the Road trips had been so fun and successful in gaining new members, that a more united LMB began planning the craziness for the GL world. Knowing full well that they'd be getting flamed, it was decided that the LMB would split its ranks into Hal fans and Kyle fans and really let the place explode in a war, as the LMBers flamed each other (all the while tongue in cheek).

The Ultimate Flame War: the largest amount of LMBers to ever journey to one place exploded into a massive flame war of Kyle vs. Hal. LardLad stated that he was a Guy Gardner fan and immediately went into Guy Gardner mode and flamed everything that came his way. By the end of the thread, the majority of LMBers were clamoring for the return of G'Nort as the one, true GL. This was considered one of the funniest LMB threads to ever exist. The GL poster SMASHFACE was the one poster to really take the bait, and became embroiled in the flame war whole-heartedly. Later, he would track down the LMB to their home base, the L* Board. However, the majority of GL posters joined in on the fun and enjoyed the interaction between the GL Board and the LMB.

Road Trip Roll Call: Here's a list of everyone participating in the final stop of the road trip: Lash Lad, LardLad, Shady, Tsarin Kid, Cobalt Kid, Lev Lad, Goon Boy, Seahorse, Crusader, Grey Birdboy, Beagle Boy, Loser Lad, Ultra Jo, Lumberfox, Kbern Kid, Armsfalloff Boy, JWB Boy, Dev-Em, Looks that Kill Lad, Mighty Fanboy Man Lad, Midnight Son, Space Tart, Lucien Lad and Hardshell the Turtle Boy.

Post Road Trip changes:
The Road Trips changed the face of the LMB, as many new members were actively recruited. Here is a list of them:

Space Tart- who was created during the Road Trips, and then became a 'real poster'. In a thread called "Cobalt Kid is a Cad!", Space Tart introduced herself as Fiona Orange, and announced that she was no star-struck trollop, and was independent enough to find a new man if Cobalt Kid didn't straighten up.

Lucien Lad

Mightfanboy Lad

Midnight Son aka Wildly Whining Boy

Hardshell the Turtle Boy- who joined up at the L* board during all the craziness and then joined us on the final portion of the Road trip. Hardshell would be a prominent member for a good portion of year two.

The Time Tryst achieved honorary LMB status.

Real History – Following the Road Trips, a more united LMB emerged. Up until then, it had remained a loose knit bunch of posters that was still hard to keep track of because of the constant comings and goings of members. After the finale of the Road Trips, a set group had become the center of the team, and there was a true sense of unity, following a genuine ‘mission’ being accomplished (with new recruits who had real staying power added to the team to boot!)

#592326 02/07/06 10:42 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part III: Adventures and Anecdotes during LardLad's Term

LMB: Five Years Later note-during this time, the LMB wrote a tag team story titled "LMB: Five Years Later". It is widely considered the best LMB tag team story of the classic era. For a full summary of the events there, look to the end of this thread, as it will be summarized there (since it takes place *after* the current continuity. This is also the first appearance of Shark Lad, the Retros and a lot of other LMB creations.

Enter: Shark Lad Shark Lad joins the post-Road Trip LMB as their newest and most ferocious member. Although often crude and rough around the edges, Shark Lad immediately gains the respect of his fellow LMBers.

Space Tart vs. Hummer Lass Hummer Lass and BJ Boy return to battle the LMB, except this time, Hummer Lass has to deal with the new LMB bombshell Space Tart. The two become quick enemies and battle it out (much to the enjoyment of LardLad and Cobalt Kid).

-Lucien Lad and Kbern Kid begin a competitive rivalry, and often get at each other's throats about who is more fabulous.

-Loser Lad introduces Cobalt Kid to a Carggite gymnast, who he starts dating on the side. Space Tart flies into a frenzy.

-Lucien Lad has his army of Brads move near LMB headquarters to better serve him.

The Terrible Titty Trio! HUGEMANBREASTS joins up with the Titty Twins, Tits McGill and Lactation Lass, and the new trio attacks the LMB, as the Titty Twins look to make a name for themselves. Space Tart, Looks that Kill Lad, Seahorse, Lumber Fox and Loser Lad are able to fend them off, although once more, HUGEMANBREASTS fled into the night after betraying the Titty Twins and taking Space Tart's side. However, from then on, HUGEMANBREASTS had found a sympathetic friend in Space Tart.

Special Issue: "I have a case of Carggite Crabs!" Loser Lad becomes the victim of a sexual disease as he gets Carggite Crabs. The LMB help him deal with this issue. Also, this leads to Gonnorhoea Gary, Kbern Kid's boyfriend, to get cured of his disease.

And now...SMASHFACE!!! SMASHFACE arrives at LMB Headquarters looking for a fight, and gets one, as Shark Lad attacks him! In the end, Shady is able to broker some sort of peace, and SMASHFACE is actually made an LMBer, although it's uncertain how long this will last.

Dark Conan and the Pious One Two mysterious figures arrive at the Hootchie Hut, asking questions about Cobalt Kid. They are Dark Conan and the Pious One, and their story remains a mystery. Dark Conan attacks the LMB, but is beaten back by LardLad, the Mighty Fanboy Lad, Seahorse and Shark Lad.

The Bride of Middlefinger the first Middlefinger attacks by stealing Space Tart to make her his bride, and also steals the powers of Cobalt Kid, Lash Lad, Beagle Boy, Loser Lad and LardLad. It's up to Shady and Space Tart to defeat him! note- this story was retroactively fit into LMB Continuity

#592327 02/07/06 10:44 AM
Bold Flavors
OP Offline
Bold Flavors
Part IV: The Strange Land known as Wizard World

Real history: after the DCU Road trips were so successful, the LMB decided to make another road trip, this time to the Wizard World boards, where LardLad and MLLASH first met each other months earlier. However, the boards were known for their immaturity and Marvel Zombie fan base, who were unwilling to accept other posters.

In typical LMB fashion, the road trip turned into a major farce/joke, as each LMBer was encouraged to come up with a new username and personality, and then not tell each other--so we could all try to figure out who the others were. Although there were many of us, most do not remember the names that all the posters choose. Here are some that those LMBers have been able to recall:

HUGEMANBREASTS- LardLad
Kitty Pride's Panties- Cobalt Kid
Brainiac 69- Loser Lad
Saturn Girl's Boobs- MLLASH
'Cru- Newcru

There were others, but they've been lost to us. It was another fun road trip, and continued to strengthen the bonds of friendship within the LMB.

In Continuity The LMB encounter the strange planet of Wizard World, where they meet a strange team of super-villains: the Wizard World Message Board Posters (WWMB). HUGEMANBREASTS, who had previously fought the LMB, was the only one that was familiar to them.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,306
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Chameleon Boy
Chameleon Boy
RWC, CA USA
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star