Roll Call
1 members (Eryk Davis Ester, Eryk Davis Ester), 13 Murran Spies, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Eryk Davis Ester - 04/19/24 04:48 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/19/24 11:59 AM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 11:13 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/19/24 01:49 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Will Superman: Birthright and the new Legion be linked?
#600140 08/17/04 01:33 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Anyone knows if Mark Waid's Birthright(which I liked) will be one of the cause for altering the current Legion continuity/set-up(not unlike Man of steel altered the pre-crisis Legion)? your thoughts?

Re: Will Superman: Birthright and the new Legion be linked?
#600141 08/17/04 03:20 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My thoughts? I hope not. From what I know of Birthright it basically just returns some precrisis fanboy stuff Waid wanted or some such.

I hope it doesn't tie in at all. I think a Legion without Kal-El is a stronger Legion. Something else else like this may drive me away from the Legion for a looong time.

Jorge

#600142 08/17/04 06:04 AM
#deleteFacebook
#deleteFacebook
Originally posted by Jorge Martinez:
My thoughts? I hope not. From what I know of Birthright it basically just returns some precrisis fanboy stuff Waid wanted or some such.

I hope it doesn't tie in at all. I think a Legion without Kal-El is a stronger Legion. Something else else like this may drive me away from the Legion for a looong time.
And, for once, I agree with him.

My views are my own and do not reflect those of everyone else... and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Cobalt, Reboot & iB present 21st Century Legion: Earth War .
#600143 08/17/04 10:11 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Is it because you dislike Superboy, or Birthright?

#600144 08/18/04 01:02 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I didn't know we disagreed so much Sanity or Madness? smile

Frog Kid, it's obviously complicated. I don't like the Legion so dependent on the 20th century so if DC decides to kill off Krypto one day it doesn't mean the death of everyone on Colu as a result. frown

Seriously, Waid is a great writer but sometimes he just returns things from the past b/c it suits him. I rather move on to the future. As much as I love the preboot Legion I rather build this one up. I rather not have Kal-El be the inspiration for the Legion, etc.

DC has changed things drastically ever since Crisis that really hurt me as a fan but I eventually accepted it and moved on. Now I look foward to forging something new. If they continue to go back I just feel like a lover getting played big time.

It's like your girlfriend breaking your heart by dumping you yet after so much pain you move on and meet a new girl. After a few years you wake up and the new girl is the old...kinda like the Twilight Zone?! Not cool man. But better yet she says "There is a very good reason for me being here now and don't judge me until you've heard my story".

Sorry Frog Kid don't mean to sound so bitter. I just rather have a Legion with as little connections to the 20th century as possible. They can be popular on their own and don't need 20th century hero star power.

This is the part where I think someone who loves the Legion so much may not be the right person for the job. Can they distance themselves from the old stuff enough? Birthright says no too me. It makes me worry.

Jorge

#600145 08/18/04 01:13 AM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Jorge Martinez:
It's like your girlfriend breaking your heart by dumping you yet after so much pain you move on and meet a new girl. After a few years you wake up and the new girl is the old...kinda like the Twilight Zone?! Not cool man. But better yet she says "There is a very good reason for me being here now and don't judge me until you've heard my story".
Especially when the likelihood is that the jealous cow's murdered the new girl and stored her body under your new patio which has mysteriously appeared.

#600146 08/18/04 02:35 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Thanks for the explanation (and don't worry: I understand that we all have differnet taste - I don't get offended easily - except on the DC/Birthright boards where the anti-MoS/anti-BR are becoming a little too vocal for my taste).

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,856
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Dave Hackett
Dave Hackett
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada