Roll Call
0 members (), 11 Murran Spies, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Legion Tracker - 04/18/24 05:00 PM
Kill This Thread L - Half a Century
by Ann Hebistand - 04/18/24 02:50 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 04/18/24 02:18 PM
Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:17 AM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/18/24 02:08 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
The thread that ate _____ !
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/17/24 03:44 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
The Legion to Appear in Another Justice League Adventures? Possible Spoilers!
#606868 08/26/03 11:04 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
From Toon Zone :

Jason Hall recently got in touch with Toon Zone to provide an update on some of his upcoming comic projects. One project in particular will have Batman Adventures readers very excited.

I've just turned in the script for my second Justice League Adventures issue and editor Steve Wacker and I are both really excited about it," said Hall, "Especially since it features a team-up with The Legion of Super-Heroes!"

While the Justice League Adventures story is currently unscheduled, Hall promises the story will be fun. "No spoilers, but I promise this issue is going to make a lot of readers happy," says Hall. "And at the same time be completely accessible to new readers who may not be familiar with The Legion. It's going to be a lot of fun! If you liked my past work in the "animated universe", you're going to love this!"

Hall has more work on the way, including next month's conclusion to the critically acclaimed Beware The Creeper. Hall may also be returning to another "animated" comic sometime in the future.

"I've also written a fill-in issue for Batman Adventures, which is a follow-up to my Mr. Freeze story from Batman: Gotham Adventures #51," says Hall. "Since it's a fill-in issue, I have no idea if or when it will be scheduled, but when it does finally hit the stands, readers will finally get to see... well, that would be telling!"

"Just keep your fingers crossed that we'll get to see it sometime soon..."

Re: The Legion to Appear in Another Justice League Adventures? Possible Spoilers!
#606869 08/27/03 12:30 AM
Deputy
Deputy
That's fine with me! Bring it on!

Craig C.

- Time travel stories are told in chronillogical order.
Re: The Legion to Appear in Another Justice League Adventures? Possible Spoilers!
#606870 08/27/03 03:21 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I love that the Legion was sorta/kinda featured in the JLA Adventures series recently, and I look forward to anything else they may do. angel

#606871 08/27/03 05:31 AM
Active
Active
Does this mean the Legion will be in/has been in the JL cartoon?

#606872 08/27/03 06:30 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by braalian:
Does this mean the Legion will be in/has been in the JL cartoon?
They haven't been yet. Just the one appearance on animated Superman a few years ago, an episode called New Kids on the Block. But maybe if they keep showing up in the comic book they at least make a guest appearance on the cartoon.

#606873 08/27/03 10:20 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Heard that the Legion gets a special treatment in the TV show called OC...I got this information from the DC MB and the guy said that the Legion book (part 2 of 5 - the Saturn Girl cover) appeared in that show too.

#606874 08/27/03 10:37 AM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
Heard that the Legion gets a special treatment in the TV show called OC...I got this information from the DC MB and the guy said that the Legion book (part 2 of 5 - the Saturn Girl cover) appeared in that show too.
Did he say which episode? Fox is the only network we can pick up right now with our antenna and we've watched the first couple of episodes. Missed last night's though. Haven't noticed any comics but then again I'm looking at a snowy screen as it is.

#606875 08/27/03 11:40 AM
Leader
Leader
That'd be cool. I really like the animated styles they came up with the for the Superman guest shot.

Eric

#606876 08/27/03 02:46 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Lightning Lad:
Just the one appearance on animated Superman a few years ago, an episode called New Kids on the Block.
Close, but it's New Kids in Town. I made the same mistake until I watched the episode on tape again recently. Had to white-out the nassin' label and everything!

Excerpted from one of the "WB: Superman Adventures" websites complete with episode listings:

"The Legion Of SuperHeroes" is a 30th Century group of young heroes from different planets. In "New Kids in Town," three of them time travel to Smallville, arriving in the days before Clark Kent became Superman.

COSMIC BOY is the stalwart Rokk Krinn, the sixteen year old leader of the group. He has magnetic powers which enable him to fire bolts of magnetism that can affect any metal object.

SATURN GIRL is Imra Ardeen. Also sixteen, Saturn Girl has highly developed mental powers. Not only can she read minds, she can also erase memories and put in new images.

CHAMELEON BOY is wisecracking Reep Daggle, who can turn his body into anyone or anything.

I would break into a New Kids on the Block song right now, but thankfully I have blocked them all out of my mind!! smile smile Ahh, for once my swiss cheese brain has worked in my favor!!!

Craig C.

#606877 08/27/03 02:48 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
okay lemme go to DC MB and find the thread and try to copy and paste to here. okay? be back in a few minutes. Hold your pants!

#606878 08/27/03 02:50 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
OKay, I m back! here's the quote I "stole" from the DC MB - by Jericho of Eyes...something like that :

FYI. Last night, I watched an advance copy of next week's (9/1)
episode (titled "The Outsider", IIRC) of "The OC" (Tuesdays on FOX at
9 p.m.) and the Legion received a major plug. A short breakfast
conversation between Seth and Ryan (the teen male leads) went
something like this:

Ryan: "What are you reading?"
Seth: "The new Legion came out on Wednesday. Part 2 of 5."
Ryan: "I liked Part 1."
Seth: "I'll let you read it when I'm done."

Seth then closes the comic and shows the cover to Ryan. It's Legion
#20 -- the "Dream Crime" cover with Saturn Girl.

Besides being a great series, "The OC" is very comic friendly. Seth
is a huge comic fan. Comics are used as "set dressing" and both Seth
and Ryan have been shown reading them -- one episode showed Ryan
reading the JSA.

#606879 08/27/03 02:58 PM
Deputy
Deputy
Crap. Crap. Crap. Here I've been bashing the show after watching most of the first episode, not to mention living through the upheaval it's caused in So Cal (from the people who live in Chino, who feel slighted by the visual impression left of their fair city by the show).

Now they've gotta go put in comics references, and actual Legion ones to boot!!! I may have to watch this series after all.

I may have to change my "Location" tagline again if it maintains the presence of DC books (particularly Legion). The jury's still out then, proving I can be bought!

Craig C.

#606880 08/27/03 03:13 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
lol lol good thing I don't live in OC, but heard that Santa Barbara (or is that Ventura?) has the most beautiful view of the ocean. I would love to visit there sometimes next year before Comics Convention in San Diego.

#606881 08/27/03 03:15 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I always thought it was pretty cool that the old "Roseanne" show usually had some good comic-related set dressing.

Back on topic - if there are any kids out there reading the JL tie in series, I think it'd be great to get the Legion in there. Unfortunately, Cartoon Network and by extension AOL/TW seem reluctant to market the show to kids unlike the Teen Titans series.

#606882 08/27/03 06:03 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Originally posted by superboymddjr:
OKay, I m back! here's the quote I "stole" from the DC MB - by Jericho of Eyes...something like that :

FYI. Last night, I watched an advance copy of next week's (9/1)
episode (titled "The Outsider", IIRC) of "The OC" (Tuesdays on FOX at
9 p.m.) and the Legion received a major plug. A short breakfast
conversation between Seth and Ryan (the teen male leads) went
something like this:

Ryan: "What are you reading?"
Seth: "The new Legion came out on Wednesday. Part 2 of 5."
Ryan: "I liked Part 1."
Seth: "I'll let you read it when I'm done."

Seth then closes the comic and shows the cover to Ryan. It's Legion
#20 -- the "Dream Crime" cover with Saturn Girl.

Besides being a great series, "The OC" is very comic friendly. Seth
is a huge comic fan. Comics are used as "set dressing" and both Seth
and Ryan have been shown reading them -- one episode showed Ryan
reading the JSA.
that's a cool plug for "THE LEGION" !!!

we don't have "The OC" in the Uk at the moment !!! but i keep hearing them mention it on "E" !!!

what's it about ....

Matthew.

#606883 08/27/03 06:15 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
That's quite a plug for a FOX show - I know "Everwood" has shown a few Green Lantern issues, but I'd expect it from the WB.

Getting back to the Superman Adventures comic, does anyone know which Legionnaires appeared in the previous guest spot?

#606884 08/27/03 09:41 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Drake, do you mean their most recent appearance in Justice League Adventures? I can get you a scan of that one posted in a few minutes if you'd like.

#606885 08/28/03 06:19 AM
Leader
Leader
I'd like to see it, LL, since I didn't pick up the issue.

Thanks!

Eric

#606886 09/04/03 12:48 PM
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
Page 3? Wow this dropped! I'll try and get a scan up tonight of the appearance. And I just found out from Comics Contiuum that the next appearance of the Legion that started this thread is tentatively scheduled for # 28. That should be the February 2004 issue.

#606887 09/04/03 11:23 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
HOORAY!!!!!!! I am so glad that I subscribed all JLA Adventures books.....but I wonder if the Legion will pop up as well in Teen Titans Go! ? Hmmm....I wonder.

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,018
Posts1,044,842
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Valor the M'Onell
Valor the M'Onell
Australia