I'm off this weekend and I thought I would put some effort into creating various forms of martial arts for my Legion game. In short, the way things are working are as follows:

There is an Area of Expertise (skill) for Brawling and for Martial Arts. Each type of combat consists of specific moves, these are the moves (so far) for martial arts.

Ariel Kick; Arm Lock; Back Kick; Kick; Killing Strike; Leg Sweep; Maiming Blow; Meditation; Nerve Strike; Pass By Attack; Punch; Throw.

These are the moves for brawling (so far).

Ariel Head Kick; Arm Lock; Charge Opponent; Choke Hold; Eye Gouge; Hair Pulling; Head Butt; Head Lock; Kick; Kicking Prone Target; Low Blow; Punch; Round House Swing; and Throw.

Neither list is complete and if you have any suggestions for adding to them, I would love to hear them.

A character places a category (a measurement of how good they are) in whichever moves they wish to know and combines that move with either Offense or Defense (with Kick and Punch being required for both brawling and martial arts). For example, a character would be required to have punch offense; punch defense, kick offense; kick defense. The remaining moves are also applied to either offense or defense, so a character could choose (for example) arm lock offense but wouldn't have to take arm lock defense if they didn't want to.

Each move is improved independently of one another and the cost of each ability varies according to how difficult I think it should be to learn. Characters can attempt to attack and defend at a significant penalty if they do not have the particular move. If a character attacks with one move, the opponent would use the same move for defense. For example, a character performing an back kick would use back kick offense and the defender would have to use back kick defense.

Anyway, now that you have a basic idea of how things work, what I'm looking for is any specific knowledge we have on brawling and martial arts in the Legion comics. I know that Karate Kid is suppose to know ALL martial arts in the galaxay; that Cosmic Boy knows a form or Braalian martial arts (but I don't know what it is called); and that Triplicate Girl knows Tri-jutsu. I want to detail out each type of martial art so that they utilize or emphasize different moves.

I'd also like to get a list of which Legionnaires and villains people feel would know martial arts versus brawling. I have a list in mind and would like to compare it. It may be easier to simply list those who would use brawling and not martial arts because I think that list is much shorter. I hadn't planned on really having characters know both brawling and martial arts at this point in time because it seems a bit odd, especially when some basic attacks (like pulling hair or a groin attack) can be tried at a small penalty for those who don't have it.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.