Roll Call
0 members (), 8 Murran Spies, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/24/24 10:32 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:53 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:50 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Legion Trivia 6
by stile86 - 04/22/24 08:12 PM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 32 of 64 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
DrakeB3004 #887837 02/21/16 09:28 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Oh wow. That looks terrible.
What a typical F-U to the Legion fans.

DrakeB3004 #887845 02/21/16 11:24 AM
K
Leader
Leader
K
Oh, I kind of 'like' the pig-tailed vampire half-skull 'Phantom Girl'. Although I wouldn't ask her on a date.

And it is an obvious move to make Saturn Girl a Bokkite Saturnian like Jemm.

But, yeah, not interested enough to buy the comic. There's a reason fans called the 52verse DCFU.

But what will we call the DC Universe after "Rebirth"? The Afterbirth Universe?

“I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal.” -- Groucho Marx
Klar Ken T5477 #887846 02/21/16 11:26 AM
Tempus Fugitive
Tempus Fugitive
Originally Posted by Klar Ken T5477
But what will we call the DC Universe after "Rebirth"? The Afterbirth Universe?

Like it.

"...not having to believe in a thing to be interested in it and not having to explain a thing to appreciate the wonder of it."
DrakeB3004 #888033 02/24/16 02:58 AM
R
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
R
Did y'all see Kara mentioned having travelled to Starhaven on this week's episode of Supergirl? laugh

DrakeB3004 #891892 03/22/16 08:37 AM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
OMG, the JL3001 thing looks terrible! I hated JL3000 from the beginning: bickering heroes throwing childish insults at each other is not fun for me.

But I did catch the Starhaven reference on Supergirl, razsolo, that was awesome.

And while I am sure it was mentioned earlier in this thread, I'll add that the Legion ring on display in the Fortress of Solitude gave me chills. I wanna see the Legion on Supergirl!

Why are you laughing at me? It's unkind, as well as puzzling!
DrakeB3004 #892143 03/24/16 09:00 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Last edited by Dave Hackett; 03/24/16 09:03 AM.
DrakeB3004 #892531 03/26/16 10:44 PM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
Anyone else disappointed we got no Legion at the Rebirth panel? I kept expecting to hear about it with Teen Ttians, Titans and Super Sons, but nope, nothing. Especially and because Jonathan Hickman says he's working with DC on something, AND Geoff Johns is seemingly working on nothing after the initial Rebirth wave. Maybe it'll get announced down the line, but it was still a let down frown

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.
DrakeB3004 #892616 03/28/16 05:20 AM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
Yep, disappointment, got nuthin'. I do think there are later announcements coming, though, b/c they didn't talk about Earth-2/JSA or Gotham Academy, each of which had been previously announced. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed with the creative teams announced for the Rebirth books either. Meh.

DrakeB3004 #892632 03/28/16 07:11 AM
Active
Active
Earth-2 and Gotham Academy are not considered Rebirth properties and will simply be continuations of their previous incarnations.

As for the Legion, Johns talked about it during a Q & A reserved for the press after the Rebirth presentation:
Geoff Johns also confirmed that the Legion of Super-Heroes, JSA, New Gods, and Shazam would all have a place in the post-Rebirth universe, but that each of these properties warranted a major story to herald their return, and needed room to breathe and not get lost among today's announcements.

Johns said characters like the New Gods, Shazam, and the Legion of Super-Heroes would all appear once Rebirth gets underway, along with other properties, and that there is a "Story to tell" about how some of them make it into the universe.

rokk steady #892700 03/29/16 06:05 AM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
Originally Posted by rokk steady
Yep, disappointment, got nuthin'. I do think there are later announcements coming, though, b/c they didn't talk about Earth-2/JSA or Gotham Academy, each of which had been previously announced. Overall, I wasn't terribly impressed with the creative teams announced for the Rebirth books either. Meh.

Sorry to hear that. I was happy about most of the Bat-book stuff, especially King being main Bat-writer and Seeley staying on Dick. And really glad to see the Superman line back in shape, along with the Wonder Woman team. Aquaman also seems to be on the road to a full recovery. Everything else though... yeah, wasn't that psyched.

There's a fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think that I walk that line every day of my life.
DrakeB3004 #892702 03/29/16 06:17 AM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
Well, Fuzzy Barbarian, I already knew about Tom King on Batman and was excited about that. I will at least try anything that guy writes. Happy for Aquaman and Wonder Woman as well, it is definitely a step in the right direction for both those books, but both the big names on those teams have been on the book before, so I didn't find it all that impressive as an "announcement." You've kinda picked out all my favorite DC titles (except Flash) that I would likely continue getting anyway, but I admit to wondering if Dick's book will be as good without King on co-writing duties, as Seeley is someone who is hit or miss for me.

rokk steady #892712 03/29/16 07:20 AM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
Originally Posted by rokk steady
Well, Fuzzy Barbarian, I already knew about Tom King on Batman and was excited about that. I will at least try anything that guy writes. Happy for Aquaman and Wonder Woman as well, it is definitely a step in the right direction for both those books, but both the big names on those teams have been on the book before, so I didn't find it all that impressive as an "announcement." You've kinda picked out all my favorite DC titles (except Flash) that I would likely continue getting anyway, but I admit to wondering if Dick's book will be as good without King on co-writing duties, as Seeley is someone who is hit or miss for me.

Haha yeah, King was the most obvious reveal ever. My problem with Nightwing is that I DON'T KNOW WHO CONTRIBUTED WHAT TO GRAYSON! When announced, it seemed like King was solely there for his CIA background, but as time went on, it was clear he was an actual co-writer. But what I've read of Seeley's Bat-stuff seems like he "gets" the Bat-fam, so... maybe they BOTH just "get" them. I haven't tried Seeley's non-DC stuff, though my sis loved Sundowners. I WANT to try Hack/Slash, but the covers make it look... well, yeah. Revival's not my cup of tea, just on premise. It seems to Seeley really likes occult stuff, and I'm more of a sci-fi guy. Which is why I'll pick up King's Omega Men in trade, and maybe Sheriff of Babylon, just because. King is honestly one of the msot surprising talents I've ever seen, and while I dropped Vision, it wasn't BAD, I just got lazy lol

Querl Dox #892713 03/29/16 07:35 AM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
Originally Posted by Querl Dox
Earth-2 and Gotham Academy are not considered Rebirth properties and will simply be continuations of their previous incarnations.

As for the Legion, Johns talked about it during a Q & A reserved for the press after the Rebirth presentation:
Geoff Johns also confirmed that the Legion of Super-Heroes, JSA, New Gods, and Shazam would all have a place in the post-Rebirth universe, but that each of these properties warranted a major story to herald their return, and needed room to breathe and not get lost among today's announcements.

Johns said characters like the New Gods, Shazam, and the Legion of Super-Heroes would all appear once Rebirth gets underway, along with other properties, and that there is a "Story to tell" about how some of them make it into the universe.

Yeah, I've seen those quotes going around, and with the pictures from his "what is Rebirth" video, it's obviously something is happening with the Legion. I've always assumed Rebirth would have more than one "wave", especially since I can't see some series lasting past 12 issues, even six for some, though I'm not sure what series are secretly limited series.

Now, if they warrant their own stories... The Legion? Yes. Johns did it with Lightning Saga, and they're a big deal. They're in their own separate corner of the DCU, and we need to know what version of the Legion we're going with, and what's canon and what's not (hopefully it's just given through clues, like Sunboy not being dead removes an issue from continuity, the Fatal Five being old enemies removes some, etc. and not blatant text exposition which'll scare away new readers). I'd be cool with a limited series, as opposed to hijacking the recovering Superman books with a storyline (plus, that'd probs be at least two arcs in, and I want my Legion sooner rather than later). But I guess putting it in a Superman arc does mean more people will read it, so whatever.

Shazam? Um... what return? Just follow-up on his back-ups stories from Justice League... am I missing something? Is this Darkseid War related? Because I never read that.

JSA, well, yeah. That should be an event! I love the JSA, and their return should be a huge deal, with implications for the entire line, especially the Justice League. I'm pretty sure that's where they'll be introduced, probs a multiverse story, rather than a limited series.

New Gods... eh. No one's really used them that well since Morrison in Final Crisis. I'd be fine with them staying gone. But yeah, they'd definitely need a big event. Given their use in recent years, I'm assuming a Green Lantern storyline will bring them back.

Fuzzy Barbarian #892727 03/29/16 08:08 AM
Magically Delicious
Magically Delicious
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Barbarian
Haha yeah, King was the most obvious reveal ever. My problem with Nightwing is that I DON'T KNOW WHO CONTRIBUTED WHAT TO GRAYSON! When announced, it seemed like King was solely there for his CIA background, but as time went on, it was clear he was an actual co-writer. But what I've read of Seeley's Bat-stuff seems like he "gets" the Bat-fam, so... maybe they BOTH just "get" them. I haven't tried Seeley's non-DC stuff, though my sis loved Sundowners. I WANT to try Hack/Slash, but the covers make it look... well, yeah. Revival's not my cup of tea, just on premise. It seems to Seeley really likes occult stuff, and I'm more of a sci-fi guy. Which is why I'll pick up King's Omega Men in trade, and maybe Sheriff of Babylon, just because. King is honestly one of the msot surprising talents I've ever seen, and while I dropped Vision, it wasn't BAD, I just got lazy lol

I have the sense that King is the funny guy. There were a lot of great one-liners in Grayson, which contributed to my enjoyment of it immensely.

I agree that the subject matter of Seeley's non-DC stuff is often a turn-off for me, but I have read some of his stuff.

I highly recommend going back to the Vision, or getting the trade when it comes out. It gets better and better with every issue.

DrakeB3004 #896454 05/09/16 05:38 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
There was no text in the preview that's been making the rounds, but it appears that the Dominators have some sort of role in "Green Lanterns: Rebirth." (and hey look - a fat Dominator!)

Last edited by DrakeB3004; 05/09/16 05:38 PM.
DrakeB3004 #900873 06/23/16 02:29 AM
G
Substitute
Substitute
G
Not sure if this counts as a Legion siting but... for those of us who remember Dev-Em (in any of his incarnations, some better than others), he'll soon be making a TV appearance.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/06/21/dev-em-seg-el-and-more-for-krypton-cast/

DrakeB3004 #901025 06/24/16 08:24 AM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
I highly doubt he'll resemble any incarnation of Dev that we're familiar with, but if he's a spy or charming rogue, I'll be a happy camper! (assuming I give this show a try - I mean, my interest was at zero before hearing that Dev-Em would be appearing)

DrakeB3004 #901685 07/02/16 02:04 AM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
Yeah, Lemire's JLU wasn't that great, and he admitted that in interviews leading up to Extraordinary X-Men (I think compared to EXM, JLU is Eisner-worthy), but I think the first arc was fun, and it had the potential to be a smaller-scale JL book.

Seems my problems with The Infinitus Saga are the same as you guys'. Yeah, aside from Brainy, none of the Legion were characterised, and it didn't help that there were so many of them. I recall MArk Waid making a comment to some random that they're called the LEGION when that person said focusing on a smaller amount of characters at a time would help, so I dunno, maybe Lemire felt obligated to use lots of characters? Whatever the case, having recently re-read, it's just as boring as the first time.

DrakeB3004 #902138 07/07/16 12:50 AM
F
Honorary
Honorary
F
I don't know if this counts as a sighting, but in Batman #2, Gotham Girl (she and Gotham are likened to Superman by Alfred and ahve his powers) specifically calls her vision power ultra-vision.

Not sure if this is an Ultra Boy reference or a reference to Earth-3 (never finished Johns' Justice League, maybe he set up more Earth-3 survivors). HOWEVER, King also references stuff that's out of continuity all the time, so I dunno.

DrakeB3004 #905498 08/11/16 12:40 PM
Wanderer
OP Offline
Wanderer
Ironically, Ultra Boy referred to his super-vision as "flash vision" (heat-vision) or "penetra-vision," (x-ray vision)

DrakeB3004 #907290 09/01/16 12:42 PM
Applicant
Applicant
You are right Drake. Still an interesting reference though.

DrakeB3004 #908624 09/12/16 11:39 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Guys, did Justice League 3001 ever actually end?

DrakeB3004 #913586 10/19/16 01:58 AM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Mentioned in the Relaunch thread, but Saturn Girl cameos in this week's Batman #9 by Tom King.

DrakeB3004 #913646 10/19/16 10:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
No no no no noooooooo

DrakeB3004 #913667 10/19/16 02:49 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!

Page 32 of 64 1 2 30 31 32 33 34 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,919
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Zardi, the Eternal Man
Zardi, the Eternal Man
The far side of forever