Roll Call
0 members (), 7 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 05:03 PM
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 03/27/24 04:21 PM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by idle - 03/27/24 10:23 AM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:17 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Share more completely random things!
by thoth lad - 03/27/24 10:15 AM
Legion Trivia 6
by Chaim Mattis Keller - 03/27/24 07:41 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64
Re: Recent Legion-verse sightings in DCU proper
#619037 04/04/07 08:37 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by wndola1:
Read all 4 issues of the new series they are chock full and you wont be disappointed!

Also you will want all of this upcoming crossover with the JLA

The Wizard article explained it as a 3 way crossover with Legion.
Well I guess that's a typical case of "Wait for the trade to come out"... :-)

I guess I'll check out the current issue, though. I hate it when I miss something important... last time that happened was "Identity Crisis", but I got the HC for cheap on German ebay. Nobody bids for the comics on German ebay - you get your trades and hardcovers really cheap there if you keep looking :-)

#619038 04/04/07 09:47 AM
Active
Active
The JLA/JSA crossover starts with JLA #8 which is supposed to come out on April 18 and JSA #5 which I think won't come out till May.

Long Live the Legion!
#619039 04/04/07 01:23 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
More on this JLA/JSA crossover: recently in JLA there's been a minor villain named Trident (so called because he wields an electric trident) who, with Plastique and Dr. Impossible, was acting as Professor Ivo's flunky. Black Lightning disposed of him without much trouble and I figured he was just cannon fodder.

But in this week's issue of JLA, #7, Batman is examining the still-unconscious Trident in the JLA's (very spiffy indeed!) new headquarters, and runs his DNA (I think that's what he's checking) through the JLA's computer. And it recognizes Trident as a member of the Legion of Super-Heroes!

WTFF?

I mean, I can buy a disoriented Star Boy ending up under Dr. Mid-Nite's care. I can buy Dream Girl having some misadventure that makes her end up in a cell in Arkham. I can buy Infectious Lass showing up in whatever metafictional escapade she's on. But for a Legionnaire to become a loser supervillain fetching and carrying for Solomon Grundy... what's going on here?

Three questions, the obvious one first.

1. Which Legionnaire is it? (I'm gonna have to go back and reread the first arc of Justice League looking for more info on Trident.)
2. How do the 21st-century heroes know the Legion well enough to have their DNA on file?
3. If this is - and it must be, mustn't it? - one of the Levitz-era Legionnaires, then the 21st-century heroes must be familiar with the Levitz-era Legion. So just what kind of connection does the Waid/Kitson Legion have with the current-day DCU? Especially if the Waid/Kitson Legion is seen reading actual DC comics. But then there's Supergirl and Mon-El, travelling from the current-day DCU to the Waid/Kitson future... How does this work?

#619040 04/04/07 01:27 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer

#619041 04/04/07 02:51 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
I've seen a spoiler on another board that 'reveals' which Legionnaire Trident is. I won't repeat it here, because I have no idea about the source or reliability of this assertion.

But I wonder, does this whole thing make JLA #1-6 necessary for Legion AR collectors?

#619042 04/04/07 03:09 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Originally posted by Matthew E:
But I wonder, does this whole thing make JLA #1-6 necessary for Legion AR collectors?
Yes. And please spoil it. It'll be interesting to speculate regardless.

#619043 04/04/07 03:18 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Nevermind...found it...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Val Armorr/Karate Kid</span></span>

Which is who I'd have guessed it to be anyway.

#619044 04/04/07 03:22 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Interesting.

If that's true then

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
This can't be the Levitz Legion, unless they're plucked from the middle of the LSH/LSV War.</span></span>

#619045 04/04/07 03:27 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
Okay. Well, the guy mentioned (and it's clearly a regular humanoid male, so not Blok, for instance) is the same guy I thought of first: <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Karate Kid. The reason I thought of him is that Trident didn't display any powers.</span></span> But of course this is all purely speculative as far as I'm concerned, and if it is <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Karate Kid </span></span>then it adds one more problem:

At what point in the original Legion's timeline is this happening? We knew it had to be pre-5YG because of Dawnstar's wings and because Star Boy was an active Legionnaire (as opposed to being Xanthu's planetary champion). (Which means that Infectious Lass, in Tales of the Unexpected, probably has nothing to do with this whole thing, because she was only a Legionnaire during the Gap, or possibly after.) But now, if this is <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Karate Kid, we're pushing it back before the LSV/Orando sequence, before the Baxter series, possibly before Val's marriage to Jeckie...</span></span> and, more importantly from my perspective, before Crisis on Infinite Earths. And I had guessed that it was the Crisis-era Legion we were seeing here.

So, more speculation... I think this Legion might be pre-Great Darkness Saga, also, only because I can't see the powers-that-be wanting to leave Ayla out of whatever's going on. And if that's so, then we're also missing Jacques and Mysa.

When did Star Boy first grow the beard? I remember Pat Broderick drew him without it, and something like a beard isn't evidence either way, but...

#619046 04/04/07 03:37 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
The beard debuted in #293 or so. However, it's the Baxter Era LSV that appear in Arkham, so that gives a later date.

Of course, I suppose Doctor Destiny could be materializing Dream Girl's prophetic dreams...

#619047 04/04/07 03:42 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
It was in #291 actually. He's seen without one in #289 then when Thom is next shown in the background in a panel of #291 he has the beard. Page 5 to be exact.

#619048 04/04/07 03:49 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
It doesn't have to be the Baxter Era LSV, though, does it? I mean, I'm convinced that they're just manifestations created by Dr. Destiny out of Dream Girl's mind, but Lightning Lord, Tyr and the rest were longstanding Legion villains; no need to specify Baxter-era.

Darkseid is a different story, and I hadn't thought about him. So if Dr. Destiny is pulling Darkseid out of Dream Girl's memory, then that places this story between Great Darkness and the Baxter series. But if he's pulling Darkseid out of Dreamy's predictions...

Maybe LSH #300 is the key to sorting all this out.

#619049 04/04/07 03:55 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Cosmic King seems to place it as Baxter LSV. Unless its the time-travelling Adult Cosmic King, whom Nura actually never met and would be really confusing. I think the costume indicates the Baxter Cosmic King.

#619050 04/04/07 04:38 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Darkseid I think is behind ALL of this. The "event" in Countdown with his face? When he cursed the Legion? I think the curse is what this is all about.

#619051 04/04/07 04:42 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
Also if the DNA belongs to you know who? Haven't we already seen... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the WaK Karate Kid among the JLA?(JSA)</span></span>

#619052 04/04/07 04:59 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
Also if the DNA belongs to you know who? Haven't we already seen... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">the WaK Karate Kid among the JLA?(JSA)</span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">Are you sure it is WaK I was under the imprssion he was the precrisis version... I know we've seen WaK KK in the countdown image, but what in JLA made you think this? </span></span>

#619053 04/04/07 05:00 PM
Active
Active
oh nm. in JLA his name is on the screen

#619054 04/04/07 05:17 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
wndola, i saw him on... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">on that big cover image a while ago with a bunch of DC heroes on it. The american flag? </span></span>

#619055 04/04/07 05:28 PM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Ultra Jorge:
wndola, i saw him on... <span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">on that big cover image a while ago with a bunch of DC heroes on it. The american flag? </span></span>
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">so why would it be that Wak are showing up in JLA and Silver Age is showing up in JSA besides the obvious that is. </span></span>

#619056 04/04/07 05:49 PM
M
Leader
Leader
M
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I think the WaK Karate Kid appearing in the big cover image was just a red herring.

I've had another chance to look at the new JLA, and Batman's testing clearly identifies him as Val Armorr, if you look at the letters that are bleeding offpanel. Furthermore, it seems like the JLA computer is accessing several databases: the Batcave, Gotham Police, AFIS and Hall of Justice (I suppose) computers blank out on him, but the Fortress of Solitude computer has a match.</span></span>

#619057 04/04/07 06:08 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
So here's the question...

<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">
Assuming this is the pre-Crisis Legion, from the early 290s, and that those villains are the results of prophetic dreams by Nura...

Is this really just an untold Adventure of the pre-Crisis Legion? So... at the end... will they just go back and fight Darkseid/the LSV and Karate Kid will die?
</span></span>

#619058 04/04/07 06:46 PM
Honorary
Honorary
Originally posted by wndola1:
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">so why would it be that Wak are showing up in JLA and Silver Age is showing up in JSA besides the obvious that is. </span></span>

I think the WaK LSH is on one Earth and the Levitz era/etc are on another Earth, and that will be revealed through the crossover. WaK LSH would be the future Earth of the mainline DCU, and the Levitz LSH would be the future of new Earth 2 or whatever.

No matter what any of this means, and no matter how much i like most versions of the LSH, having different versions of the LSH appearing concurrently just seems like a horrible idea to me. The Legion (perhaps deservedly so) seems to non-LSH fans to be too confusing because of its reboots, and having multiple versions running around can't help matters at all. i worry for the future of the current LSH title, and for having any LSH title left standing after mucking about with them once again.

#619059 04/04/07 07:51 PM
Active
Active
<span class="spoiler_containter"><span class="spoiler_wording">Click Here For A Spoiler</span><span class="spoiler_text">I think Val 's name is the same in his WaK incarnation, but if "fortress" really means fortress of solitude then he must be silver age based on the statues in the action annual diagram</span></span>

#619060 04/04/07 08:08 PM
Substitute
Substitute
Originally posted by Jo Nah TMK:

I think the WaK LSH is on one Earth and the Levitz era/etc are on another Earth, and that will be revealed through the crossover. WaK LSH would be the future Earth of the mainline DCU, and the Levitz LSH would be the future of new Earth 2 or whatever.

No matter what any of this means, and no matter how much i like most versions of the LSH, having different versions of the LSH appearing concurrently just seems like a horrible idea to me. The Legion (perhaps deservedly so) seems to non-LSH fans to be too confusing because of its reboots, and having multiple versions running around can't help matters at all. i worry for the future of the current LSH title, and for having any LSH title left standing after mucking about with them once again.
Personally I agree that the pre-crisis Legion will be revealed to be from Earth 2, but not necessarily a NEW Earth 2. Here's the theory I've been working on... Basically as a result of the Infinte Crisis Earth-2 was brought back in a sense, and that may have resulted in some of these characters leaking into the regular DC timeline and universe. So, basically while originally from Earth-2 they were misplaced if you will because of the Crises... some to places like Kingdom Come (i.e. Starboy/man).

Currently getting caught up on my Legion history by reading the Post-Zero Hour Legion.
#619061 04/05/07 02:33 AM
Active
Active
Right if they were from our real silver age how do you deal with the super girl never existed issue?

I am still rooting for the theory that Power girl took so much longer getting to earth because she took a 5 year detour in the future.

Page 2 of 64 1 2 3 4 63 64

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,269
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden