Roll Call
0 members (), 166 Murran Spies, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
Legion Trivia 6
by Gaseous Lad - 03/28/24 01:12 PM
Kill This Thread XLIX - We're Getting Old
by Ann Hebistand - 03/28/24 12:20 PM
The Non-Legion Comics Trivia Thread Pt 5
by thoth lad - 03/28/24 11:47 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:44 AM
Who's Who in Raz's Legion? *added ALEK ARCANE 4 February*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:42 AM
Postlo3w stories *LATEST UPDATE 28 MARCH*
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 11:35 AM
Share more completely random things!
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:23 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 03/28/24 06:22 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Phantom Girl's Role Playing Game Questions
#621978 03/25/08 01:26 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Violet was shown to be a hard nosed military type during the 5 years later Legion. The current version shares a lot of the same traits albeit she's not a lesbian this time.

Matter Eater Lad is shown to be a politician-diplomat/chef/lawyer in the three versions of the Legion respectively.

Bouncing Boy and Duo Damsel were they two main teacher type people in the first-boot's Legion Academy.

Starboy lived at a astro observatory with his parents so he may have picked up some knowledge of that.

#621979 03/27/08 10:25 AM
S
Set Offline
Long live the Legion!
Long live the Legion!
S
Less a skill than an attribute issue, in the Universo Project, it's said that Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy and Dream Girl are the four *smartest* Legionnaires.

Invisible Kid wasn't around at the time, but he'd likely be in the top five Legion 'brains' as well.

Technically, Superboy (and presumably Supergirl, and perhaps even Mon-El) are many times (as in 100x) smarter than any human, but they never seem to act that way.

It's safe to say that Chameleon Boy is a pretty decent actor. (Except in the threeboot, where he can't fool anyone.)

The Legion Wiki has some information on them, but is not complete. There you can learn such surprising trivia as that Cosmic Boy has studied a Braalian martial art form or that Colossal Boy has a knowledge of weapons and law-enforcement procedures from his SP training.

Wrapped Around Your Finger now complete in BITS!
#621980 03/27/08 10:52 AM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Thank you, more extremely helpful responses. I have have compiling each of these notes as you post and everyone's efforts are very much appreciated. Please continue to post more. I suspect that I shall soon be asking some more specific questions about some of these posts as well.

Since the game is primarly directed towards the original Legion, the majority of information, costumes, etc. are being taken from this era. I have however, felt like it might be a positive approach to "assume" that the depiction of Legionnaires and the universe around them is less than complete. This is where a signifincant amount of information regarding re-boot data comes into play. Adding certain re-boot information will certainly develop Legionnaires in greater detail. It could easily be explained that in the original series, not all of these facts came to surface but yet still existed within the character. There are of coarse times when certain information actually is inconsistent or goes against the original series. In such cases, I'm opting to stick with the original series when discrepencies arise. So, thanks again for your posts and please continue. Everyone's input means a lot to me.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.
#621981 03/27/08 11:04 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Set:
Less a skill than an attribute issue, in the Universo Project, it's said that Brainiac 5, Saturn Girl, Chameleon Boy and Dream Girl are the four *smartest* Legionnaires.
It's later concluded that this was an incorrect assumption, however, and that the attribute linking them was willpower rather than intelligence.

#621982 03/30/08 09:17 PM
Not much between despair and ecstacy
Not much between despair and ecstacy
On skills:

Sun Boy was shown collecting sculpture in SUPERBOY # 191. This is less of a skill than a hobby, but since "skill" has been broadly defined in the above posts to include things people do for fun, sculpture may apply. Perhaps Dirk studied sculpture or even sculpted himself.

Brainiac 5 (who, of course, is an expert on everything) once described himself as a student of history. I believe this was in the JLA/JSA team-up issues of JUSTICE LEAGUE OF AMERICA or an issue of BRAVE & BOLD (# 179?).

Check out my new Power Club website!

The Semi-Great Gildersleeve - writing, super-heroes, and this 'n' that
#621983 04/11/08 02:02 PM
Active
OP Offline
Active
Hi, I'd just like to say thanks for everyone who has been answering the questions I present for my role playing game. It is very much appreciated. Today I am looking for a couple of things...

1. Legion Equipment/30th century Technology: I would like to compile an assortment of equipment that the Legionnaires use, such as weapons, spacecrafts, miricle machine, etc. If possible, please tell me as much about the device as you can (how it works, what it does). For those of you who are able to, please post a comic reference or website reference so I can actually see the device or maybe get a picture of it.

2. I am also looking for maps/diagrams of Legion Headquarters and spaceships. Again, specific references if possible. I know that diagrams of Legion HQ has been shown in the comics but I don't know what issues and I doubt that I have them.

Most of the details I look for are pre-boot. In these cases however, I think it would be better to utilize equipment from all Legion versions.

Thanks much, look forward to lots of responses.

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,012
Posts1,044,290
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden