Warning, very long post about my game.

I've continued working on my game and thought I would post about it. The progress made has reached the point where I think the basic rules can be play tested. I'm re-writing the chapters as your reading this in order to make sure that all information coincides with one another. I've made a lot of changes, edits, etc. so hopefully I catch all inconsistencies.

The progress thus far has provided me with enough information to sit down and give it a play test.

In a nut shell, for those who are truly interested in seeing where this project is going and would like to give it a tryout using what I have, well, that's what the post is all about.

Introduction: Welcome to the 30th Century
It's an introduction, pretty much that. Starts with a narattive of how the Legion came to be, a chapter introduction, that sort of thing.

Chapter 1: The Future Begins Now
This explains the basic concepts of the game, how to play multiple characters as well as the traits for characters (think ability scores).

Chapter 2: Species Revealed
This describes the various species of the 30th century as well as going into an introduction of their planet. There are not many done yet, though some are, thus giving you an understanding of how this chapter will flow. I do plan to include Specie Qualities as well. For example: The color of skin, inherit power, way of thinking, etc. the race in general has.

Chapter 3: AOE Database
This is the chapter that explains the areas of expertise (think skills) that a character would have. It tells how to select them, which are required, as well as improving them.

Chapter 4: The Rise of Power
This chapter explains how the stats for powers work. Afterwards are examples of powers I've completed (first draft).

Chapter 5: Heroes Take Action
In this section I go into rules for movement, time, initiative, many of the basics of any rpg. It has rules for critical success as well as blunders.

Chapter 6: The Rules of Battle
This chapter deals with combat. It goes into taking damage, the different types of attacks, recording damage, damage conditions, lethal and non-lethal damage, defying blows, defeat, and death, as well as healing. This chapter goes into some basic comic book like effects, such as how to make minions or innocents cower, how to intimidate an opponent, what happens when your character gets really really angry and so on. It discusses Knockbacks from being hit with super strength, as well as the Clash of Good versus Evil.

Chapter 7: Evolution Unveiled
This is the chapter which describes character advancement. It tells the Cosmos Master and players what they get awards for and how much. It explains how the awards are divided up into three databases; the Action database (used for improving die rolls); the Improvement Database (used for individual character training and character growth; and finally the Brande Account (named after the man who founded the Legion and gives them the finances they need to operate. With the Brande account, players buy new spaceships, replace old ones, create alliances, even put villains on hold if they are to afraid to encounter them in the near future. In addition, this account is used for adding new Legionnaires to the group.

I'll be continuing writing and eventually include all the things I haven't mentioned yet. Over the next 4-5 years, I plan on detailing out all the powers, species (and their qualities), weapons, personality choices, origins of the characters, a player's introduction to the 30th century, and so on. I'll also be further detailing out what I have for combat rules, and tons of other things I've touched on or gotten a decent start on.

No chapter is complete but it gives the reader an understanding of the basic mechanics that run the game, hopefully to the point that one can read it and if their good enough at game mastering, give it a try with some players (as in try a campaign not a quick game). This statement brings me to the real reason I'm posting...

If you are truly interested in giving this a whirl, have the patience to email me for new rules that are needed, be it weapons, powers, personality qualities, etc. etc. I am more than willing to do so as promptly as possible. Please go into this understanding that your getting a portion of the game and in the long run, a small portion. I've planned on completing this in 4-5 more years, yet I'm to the point of saying "Now is the time to start a campaign and develop additional rules as time goes by."

This really isn't for the casual reader who's slightly interested, would glance at it and delete it. It's for the person who actually likes to try new things, offer suggestions (politely) and be willing to work with someone who plans on emailing new rules at your request in order to help facilitate your personal attempt at the game. This is not for everyone, that's for certain.

I've spent a lot of time trying new ideas, discovering what doesn't work, reworking decent ideas, and starting from scratch many times over. Obviously I've invested a lot of time and energy into it, so I take it pretty seriously.

I will mention in closing (because it's important to me), that you do this simply because you want to. It's not a "Oh Well, I'll just never email Phantom Girl back and then drop it sort of thing." I understand people feeling this way, but in the long run it doesn't help me out very much. Finally, please don't to anything to hamper this project in any kind of way.

Lots of us dream about doing something great for Legion, and whether the rules are good, suck or just ok, this is my shot. I realize that publishing is way out there (as in very unlikely), but if I don't try this I'll never be happy with myself.

Legion was my favorite comic book when I was young and now that many years later I've returned to it I'm bringing my hobbies together so that I can play it. If you decide to email me because you want to playtest, please have my best interest at heart. My address is:

MyLegionofSuperHeroes@gmail.com

I have lived for the Legion and one day I shall die for the Legion.