Hello I mentioned a few weeks ago that I am the current leader for the APA Interlac(see info below). As leader I have dumped on me several back issues, over the last 3 years. If anyone wants 1,2...4...whatever back issues. let me know, I will distribute them at(or near) postage and envelope cost. I also accept Paypal I just don't want 2 boxes of back isues laying around so would like to rid my self of these. Please e-mail me if interested at mranziety@yahoo.com.
LLLater,
Kevin

Below is my post from a couple of weeks ago:

Greetings I am the new leader of the APA Interlac. Interlac is an APA dedicated to the LSH has been around for 29 years and if anyone is interested in membership I have attached info and our website. As the new leader I also have tons of back issues I am willing to dumb if interested, I ask just for postage and envelope costs. let me know if interested.
My address is
mranziety@yahoo.com
LLLater,
Kevin

http://members.aol.com/interlac/

Hi! Geh Ro Yeem!

Thanks for your interest in Interlac! Let me take this opportunity to tell you a few things about Interlac, by answering some obvious questions:

1) What Is Interlac? -- Interlac is the name of the apa (amateur press association) which consists of a collection of zines (see below) from contributors, which is collated, stapled, and sent to members and requesting waitlisters. (Yep, it’s also the name of the Inter-galactic Language they use in the Legion’s time of the 30th (and 31st) century, a term that has also been used other DC comics, as well as in such shows as “Babylon 5.”)

2) What is an “apa-zine?” -- It’s a contribution to a apa, usually various pages of items from and about it’s contributor.

3) What’s IN a “apa-zine” (or zine)? -- Just about anything you may want to put in it – think of it as a personal maga “zine” or even as a community “letter” – what are your interests, about your background in comic books (and/or the Legion), other hobbies you may enjoy, reviews, items of interest, news clippings, and – just about anything!

4) How Much Legion Oriented Stuff Do I Have to Put In? -- Well, we are assuming you are a fan of the Legion in the first place – and there’s no better place to talk about the Legion than in Interlac – but there is no requirement for Legion-related items.

5) What About Tapes, Computer Disks, Etc. as a contribution? -- Usually, Interlac is paper-oriented, but you can submit other formats at your digression realizing 1) it needs to be compatible of being used by the other people in Interlac, including people overseas, and 2) the item is not applied to the minac.

6) What is Minac? – Minac is short for minimal activity – the minimal number of pages you contribute in a space of time. Interlac’s minac is 4 pages every 3 mailings – intended to accommodate comic book professionals who want to join, but there is no outside limit as to how many pages you can contribute (hopefully, they’re interesting and relate somewhat to the roster….)

7) What is a Waitlister? – Interlac has a certain number of “slots” in membership. When that membership roster is full , people have to wait for a member to leave (resignation, lack of dues, lack of pages) before being able to “apply” for membership. At the present time, the Interlac Membership roster is open, and one could become a member upon their first contribution of at least 4 pages. (see point 10).

Continued see back.

8) What’s all these terms – Geh Ro Yeem? Danke Tho? -- Many years ago, a linguistic member named Liz Smith speculated as to what the “actual” Interlac language would be; many of the membership have adopted it – though it, and various in-jokes are fairly easy to follow (and, if not, ask!)

9) How Do I Join the Waitlist of Interlac? – Good question, I’m glad you asked….
To join the waitlist, send your name, address, and a check for $10.00 to go towards dues to the current CM –
Kevin McConnell
6 Stonybrook Rd
Rockaway, NJ 07866

Also, specify if you want the latest copy mailed media rate, or priority rate (which runs around $2.50 extra per mailing), realizing the cost will be subtracted from your dues.
You will be sent a sample copy, and your name will be added to the waitlister roster.

While you are on the waitlist, you can request to receive the current mailing. According to the Lac Constitution, cost is exact postage costs plus mailing envelope, plus $2. This encourages waitlisters to become members, where basic costs are divided among members.

10) How Do I Become A Member? – If there is an available slot, it’s simply a matter of sending in a contribution of an apa-zine of at least 4 pages to the CM, and have a positive account, enough to cover mailing costs plus apa costs – yes, not as hard as applying to Harvard, but they don’t have as much talk about the Legion of Super-Heroes.
You’ll have three mailings (mailings are once every two months) to get an apa-zine to the CM, otherwise, you are off the waitlist (though, you can always re-apply).
Interlac has a deadline of getting contributions in, which is listed on the CMC (Central Mailer’s Comments) (or index). Currently, it is the third Wednesday of every even month, earlier during December.

11) What If I Decide Interlac Isn’t my Cup of Tea? – No hard feelings, just write or e-mail the current CM, and you will be off the waitlist -- though – you may want to give it another chance with another mailing. You can re-join the waitlist of Interlac at anytime, as long as you left with a positive account.

12) Again, How Do I Join the Waitlist? – Send $10.00, your name and address, and at what rate you want your mailings at to: Kevin McConnell 6 Stonybrook Rd, Rockaway NJ 07866

Interlac, the APA, has been around for over 26 years, has had various members through the years, including comic book professionals such as Mark Waid, Paul Levitz, and Tom and Mary Bierbaum, as well as longtime Legion of Super-Heroes fans as Legion Outpost editor Harry Broertjes, Ken Gale, Mike Flynn, its late founder, Rich Morrissey and dozens more. We hope you’ll get on the waitlist, and become a member, too!

Long Live the Legion!

Kevin McConnell
Interlac CM
Email: mranziety@yahoo.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------