Roll Call
1 members (Gaseous Lad), 27 Murran Spies, and 19 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Time-Scope
So, what are you listening to?
by Gaseous Lad - 04/25/24 01:26 PM
Kill This Thread LI - Already???
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 11:17 AM
DC/Marvel Crossovers to be collected in 2024
by Ann Hebistand - 04/25/24 08:21 AM
I'm Thinking of a DCU character Part 6!
by idle - 04/25/24 05:38 AM
Wheel of Fortune / Hangman Season 3
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/25/24 12:32 AM
Inane one word posts XXXIV - inanity
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Legionnaire Mastermind
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:52 AM
Crow! Tell us the good things going on in your life!
by Invisible Brainiac - 04/24/24 03:49 AM
Omnicom
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
"Going to the candidates' debate..."
#647412 02/24/04 08:44 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
"We'd like to know a little bit about you for our files
We'd like to help you learn to help yourself.
Look around you all you see are sympathetic eyes
Stroll around the grounds until you feel at home."

We're going to be having a bit of a candidate's debate... right here on the grounds of the LW mansion!

Every so often, I will ask a question of the candidates... and, of course, the candidates can ask each other questions... and the LW public can ask the candidates questions!

Why, it's a regular question-a-rama -- so fire away!

Re: "Going to the candidates' debate..."
#647413 02/25/04 06:04 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Question: What is your best attribute?

(You may interpret "best" and "attribute" however you wish. wink )

#647414 02/25/04 07:04 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
HeyheyHEY, this is a all-ages board! evil

I'll let you and Cobie tell everybody what my best attribute is... laugh

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#647415 02/25/04 07:12 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

My best attribute is the fact that I'm a Cat. I am not subject to the human fallacies so aptly demonstrated by my honored opponent who previously responded to your question. As his(?) response demonstrates, humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses and fears of inadequacies. Cats know that they are the superior species and therefore have no such fears.

**Purr**

When you're in Danger or in Trouble I will be there on the Double.
#647416 02/25/04 07:56 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
My best attribute is hard to pin down, since so many great attributes compete against each other when it comes to the legendary attributes of Cobalt Kid. Is it my immense popularity on Legion World, specifically among Lurkers who aspire to my status as legendary poster, and other posters who rely on me day in and day out? Is it my devilish good lucks and dashing personality? Is it my abilities as a hero to ensure the safety of Legion World, as my long-standing run as Security Chief has shown? Or my charm and natural charisma? My constant spelling mnistakes that show that I'm a man of the people and not some upper class posting snob? No...I'd say my greatest attribute is my outright modesty and unwillingness to accept praise wink .

Oh, and I'm great in the sack too, just ask any number of females Legion Worlders wink !

#647417 02/25/04 08:16 AM
strange but not a stranger
My greatest attribute...

I have been told that I have a lot of patience, that I am caring and really listen to others. I also tend to see things from a different prespective then most. I do have a sense of humor. I also tend to think in a logical (at least logical to me) manner.

As to which is my greatest attribute, I'll leave that for you to decide.

And taking off from Cobalt Kid's post. I like to say that I'd be perfect except that I am much too humble wink

Big Dog! Big Dog! Bow Wow Wow!
#647418 02/25/04 08:34 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Stoopid Cat:
**Purr**

... humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses...

**Purr**
So... cats aren't? I'm just asking, I'm not one. But from what I've seen across the species barrier, cats are as libidinous (if not more) as any other creature...

I'm just curious.

#647419 02/25/04 08:38 AM
Active
Active
Originally posted by Juan:
[b] **Purr**

... humans are ruled by their libido's and are therefore subject to irrational responses...

**Purr**
So... cats aren't? I'm just asking, I'm not one. But from what I've seen across the species barrier, cats are as libidinous (if not more) as any other creature...

I'm just curious.[/b]
**Purr**

Not this Cat. At least not anymore...

**Purr**

#647420 02/25/04 09:18 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
My best attribute? I would have to say it's my Versatility. (Get your mind out of the gutter, Cobie, I'm not talking about "that" kind of versatility!) I'm able to easily interact with all kinds of sentinents...female, male, neuter, young, old, etc. I'm told I'm fun to be around and put people at ease in my company. They seem to feel comfortable in sharing their concerns and secrets with me (apparently they don't know about all the voyeur cams...I mean security cameras at the Villa laugh )

I can just as easily spend an evening playing canasta or chess as shooting pool, playing foosball or even clubbing.

I guess I have a youthful outlook on life merged with the wisdom gained from 40+ years of living life.

"Hey Jim! Get Mon out of the Zone!! And...when do we get Condo back?"
#647421 02/25/04 09:26 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

<Note to self: Vee really is a great guy, I must question the wisdom of the planned negative campaign ads, perhaps my new campaign manager will be able to come up with a good strategy.>

<Second note to self: Find a Campaign Manager! Quickly!>

**Purr**

#647422 02/25/04 09:34 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
My best attribute? Hmmmm, I had to ask a few people about that and below are a sample of the replies:

According to my workmates my best attributes are my determination and motivation.

According to Sonnie my best attribute is my sense of fair play.

According to my son it's my generosity (and I didn't pay him to say that either).

According to Alan, my husband, it's my laugh.

According to Numf-El it's my breasts.

Personally I like my collection of European china dolls smile

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#647423 02/25/04 09:56 AM
Leader
Leader
I would say that my greatest attribute is my generosity, as will be evidenced by the flood of unpublished Legion artwork to be shared with these boards if I am elected.

#647424 02/25/04 12:44 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Q: What specific actions would you take to encourage lurkers to post on the boards?

#647425 02/25/04 12:55 PM
I don't know if there is anything more that what is currently being done. i.e. welcoming new members as they join and encouraging them to post.

I mean they are not posting for their own reasons whether they just like to read the posts, don't feel they have anything to contribute, or would feel embarassed for some reason.

PS: I know I have gone to other boards and have been ignored, so the welcome that I was given here made me want to stay here and post here.

#647426 02/25/04 01:35 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I think we, as a whole, are very welcoming to visitors/new members. That's one of the things that makes Legion World so special.

While I wish that lurkers would choose to register and post, they are by no means required to do so. If they choose to remain unknown that is their right.

That being said, I would try to ensure that we continue to be as welcoming as possible to anyone that decides to join us here.

#647427 02/25/04 02:16 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
The lurkers question is a very good, and I've always tried to get more lurkers to post. Threads like "Don't Lurk, Post!" which I started, and Super Lad Kid's "Lurkers Reveal Yourselves!" are great threads, and they should be bumped regularly to encourage more lurkers to start posting more (not by just me, by everyone)!

In addition, we should all go out of our way to encourage lurkers to post to long-standing threads, like SHAKES and the Beacon, to get them to interact more. Recently, Minesurfter, Ammericondo, Monkey-Eater Lad, Condo, Magnetic Kid, Bedlam Lad and others have been posting a lot, which is great! I usually try to offer a Security Position to anyone who posts in the Security Thread.

Overall, there isn't much to do to encourage a lurker to post, who is content on lurking. But it is nice to draw them out occasionally, which is one of the great functions of a thread like "Guess Who?", which requires nothing more than a lurker to simply post a quick "Nope, it's me!". Maybe more encouragement in the other forums to post on the Mission Monitor Board is necessary.

Further, there should be a continued effort to keep the other forums (Dr. Gym'll's Cultural Rarities, the Anywhere Machine, and the Bits forum) full of action. These forums usually get a more diverse group of people posting, and I like when these people make their way to the MMB. But I'd also like to keep a heavy flow of traffic in those forums too! So all you people who post here mainly, get over there! (And I don't just mean if I'm leader, I mean right NOW!) wink

I like when lurkers post a lot, and I hope the encouragement of lurkers posting continues! I know that the welcome threads will be continued no matter who is elected leader, so that doesn't even apply anymore wink . It's a Legion World tradition now!

I like this question, and I'm glad it was asked--but don't expect TOO many serious responses wink ! These are things that everyone should always be encouraging, from the lowest cat to the the most legendary of posters!

To quote a fellow security officer: "LURKERS REVEAL YOURSELVES!!!"

#647428 02/25/04 02:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Quite frankly I believe we should ban the lot of them!

They just detract from the attention I should be getting!

Nah, fooled you, only joking there (honest!!) there is a problem - if it could be called that - that we have a lot of lurkers on this board, whether for the reasons given by previous posters or not, that never post. If they don't want to post we can't make them, they'll know about the posts CK mentioned and that we do try to welcome people aboard. If they still want to lurk then that's there choice really.

As a big fan of free will all I can say about the Lurker situation is whatever works... if you want to join in then please do, you will be welcome, if you want to lurk then I hope you enjoy the show.

Legion Worlds NINE - wait, there's even more ongoing amazing adventures? Yup, and you'll only find them in the Bits o' Legionnaire Business Forum.
#647429 02/25/04 03:04 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
I'll flirt more that will bring those lurkers out!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#647430 02/25/04 03:44 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

The Lurker Problem? I don't actually see a problem here. People are free to choose when, where, and how they want to post. We welcome newcomers with open arms. Some decide to join in some don't, the real key is the fact that no one is ever turned away once they decide to jump into this whirlwind of craziness.

**Purr**

#647431 02/25/04 04:31 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I don't really think there is a lurker "problem" either. I think that the entire community we have built here is very welcoming to new additions. Lurkers will post when they have something to say. Give themn time...

As far as my best attribute? Hmmmmm. My ability to see both sides of an arguement. Not everything in this world is black and white and I think my ability to understand the greys is one of my strongest assets.

That said, if I believe in something wholeheartedly, I will support it to the end. I give careful thought to most matters, rarely making rash judgements (although, like anyone else, I have).

Also, I like to think I'm a pretty good writer...

Touch the magic...
#647432 02/25/04 05:40 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Question: What makes you really cranky?

#647433 02/25/04 06:04 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'm cranky when I'm hungry (like now)...

I cant really think of anything specifically that makes my cranky. Maybe snobbiness. Or shallowness.

Touch the magic...
#647434 02/25/04 06:57 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

The only thing that I ever get cranky about is that annoying guy who cleans my litter box. He sometimes uses cheap litter and I have to express my displeasure in unique ways.

**Purr**

#647435 02/25/04 07:03 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
When my computer freezes up or shuts down when I'm trying to post here at Legion World.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#647436 02/25/04 07:58 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Whan I get banned.

*choke*

frown

#647437 02/26/04 07:35 AM
I don't think I get "cranky", per se. Although when I get tired, I probably get short with others.

Something else elses make me annoyed, like service people who ignore me or people who could get out of the way to let you pass, but don't.

PS: I also tend to withdraw when I get upset, so there is usually no one to be cranky to

#647438 02/26/04 09:31 AM
Question: If you could be any type of flower, what would it be and why?

I would be a daisy because its beauty is in its simplicity

#647439 02/26/04 09:38 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
What makes me cranky? well as the personifaction of a summers day ( wink )I must say that big heavy rain clouds and cold weather don't help my temperament much. I also get very protective of those close to me and have occasionally been known to rush in where angels fear to tread. Basic rudeness also irritates me and impatience is another thing... oh there's quite a list actually. Vote me and you can have a leader with an interesting capability for mood swings and opinions! As my dear Hubby often says, there's never a dull day with Belinda in the house.

What sort of flower would I be? A tulip. I like tulips, they're pretty, colourful and available for much of the year (at east Croydon train station, bunch of four for £2).

#647440 02/26/04 09:56 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
What makes me cranky? A day where my armies don't bring me new booty that they've plundered! Besides that? When long-time Legionnaires are rebooted to be snakes! Besides that? Well, um...I guess when people don't like having fun...

If I could be any type of flower? Um, I guess it'd have to be a daffadil: very pretty to look at when healthy, and when they get old, their fun for kids to play with!

#647441 02/26/04 11:41 AM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
What makes me cranky? Bieng ask why I'm cranky will do it!!!!! (Just kidding! laugh )

Not much really. I'm a fairly easy going person and try not to let things aggravate me. The one thing that does, I would say, is people who are intentionally rude or mean to others.

If I were a flower I would want to be a white rose. I'm not sure what white roses mean but I've always found them to be stunning and eyecatching.

#647442 02/26/04 12:09 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Catnip Of Course! Okay it's not technically a flower, but it is a plant.

**Purr**

#647443 02/26/04 04:05 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Come 'ere tiger, let me stroke that fluffy belly of yours!

#647444 02/26/04 04:11 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Strokes will get you anything you desire fair maiden! How's about a Cabinet Post?

**PURR** (Oh that feels sooooooo good!)

#647445 02/26/04 04:17 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
A cabinet post? What, you mean as well as Legion World Leader? lol

I know we're better at multi-tasking then you but that'd be seen as despotism, and I'll save that for Leg35C tales wink

#647446 02/26/04 04:39 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Just keep stroking and I'll figure out what I meant later...

**Purr** [Ahhhhh]

#647447 02/26/04 05:51 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Quislet, Esq:
[b] Question: If you could be any type of flower, what would it be and why?
[/b]
I'd be an orchid. Because I find them appealing.

Legion World's Badwill Ambassador
#647448 02/26/04 07:35 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
**Purr**

Just keep stroking and I'll figure out what I meant later...

**Purr** [Ahhhhh]
Yuck. tongue

#647449 02/26/04 07:37 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Question: If elected Leader, will you put up more photos of yourself? laugh

#647450 02/26/04 08:04 PM
Active
Active
**Purr**

Yes, and I guarantee that I will be wearing just my collar (or maybe not even that) in every photo I post.

**Purr**

#647451 02/26/04 09:28 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
**Purr**

Yes, and I guarantee that I will be wearing just my collar (or maybe not even that)
Need I remind you that this is an all-ages board?

No nudity, please.

(The humans might not care, but think of the innocent young kittens!)

#647452 02/26/04 11:45 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
maybe smile

#647453 02/27/04 05:15 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Originally posted by Harbinger:
My best attribute?

According to Sonnie my best attribute is my sense of fair play.

According to Numf-El it's my breasts.

One of these is true.... Hmm I wonder...

:rolleyes:

#647454 02/27/04 07:26 AM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
Originally posted by STU:
Originally posted by Harbinger:
maybe smile
How about more photos of Sonnie?

Er, of you and Sonnie? laugh smile

#647455 02/27/04 07:36 AM
I can't put up any more photos of myself because I haven't put up any.

Unfortunately, I don't have access to a digital camera or a scanner.

Besides wouldn't a photo of me spoil all your fantasies about me?

#647456 02/27/04 07:48 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Besides wouldn't a photo of me spoil all your fantasies about me?
Are you saying you don't look like Johan Paulik? wink

#647457 02/27/04 07:57 AM
Deputy
Deputy
I thought we all looked like our avatars...

Something Filthy!
#647458 02/27/04 08:20 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I know I do!

"Anytime a good book like this is cancelled, I hope another Teen Titan is murdered." --Cobalt

"Anytime an awesome book like S6 is cancelled, I hope EVERY Titan is murdered." --Me
#647459 02/27/04 08:50 AM
Active
Active
[b]**Purr**

Yes, and I guarantee that I will be wearing just my collar (or maybe not even that)
Need I remind you that this is an all-ages board?

No nudity, please.

(The humans might not care, but think of the innocent young kittens!)[/b]
**Purr**

Now this is a good picture.

**Purr**

[Linked Image]
Are you saying that my picture is somehow inappropriate, Pov?

#647460 02/27/04 09:01 AM
Stoopid Cat,

And just what were you planning to use that device next to for?

#647461 02/27/04 09:11 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
Interrogation, methinks! shocked

#647462 02/27/04 09:40 AM
Deputy
Deputy
(edit)

Disregard this space. Read the next message. You know you want to.

Something Filthy!
#647463 02/27/04 09:41 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Every time I read the title to this thread, I get a picture of all of us sitting around a campfire, snapping our fingers and clapping our hands in rhythm, and saying...

"I'm going to the Candidates' Debate and I'm bringing..."

So I guess my question is, what are you bringing to the debate?

Something Filthy!
#647464 02/27/04 10:05 AM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
"The Persuader"... evil

#647465 02/27/04 10:06 AM
I'm bring the s'mores wink

to a debate, I hope I am bringing my intellect, logic, and humor.

#647466 02/27/04 10:09 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
According to Cobalt Kid's platform, he plans to:

"Have all Legion World children who are not prophecized to be great warriors thrown to the lions!"

What is your position on the issue?

#647467 02/27/04 10:15 AM
I am against the starvation of lions.

However, I do not believe that Legion World children who have not been prophecized to be great warriors would provide a sufficient or optimum food source.

#647468 02/27/04 11:16 AM
Deputy
Deputy
Maybe you could feed the lions some smores?

Speaking of smores, do you light the marshmallow on fire, or do you lightly toast it?

Something Filthy!
#647469 02/27/04 11:19 AM
Lightly toast it - in the microwave.

My landlord forbids open flames in the apartment. Something else else about there being no fireplace

#647470 02/27/04 02:41 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Sure, I'll post more pictures of myself! I've been promising it long enough wink !

And what am I bringing to the debate? I'm thinking of bringing prime rib steaks and a keg of bass ale, and maybe even some armor and a sword in case it turns into a contest of battle!

#647471 02/27/04 03:27 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Question for all candidates, including the cat:

What is your name?

Your real name?

First name, at least, though first-and-surname is an additional point in your favor.

Without at least that much to anchor you in "reality," it's as if we're dealing with shadows, and I don't vote for shadows.

-- Steve

#647472 02/27/04 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Greybird:
Question for all candidates, including the cat:

What is your name?

Your real name?

First name, at least, though first-and-surname is an additional point in your favor.

Without at least that much to anchor you in "reality," it's as if we're dealing with shadows, and I don't vote for shadows.

-- Steve
Rob

And I am sure Greybird, that you will understand about me not giving my last name after my letter to the editor incident.

#647473 02/27/04 03:57 PM
G
Leader
Leader
G
That's entirely understandable, Rob, and thank you. My own foible is that I'd like some sense that we're actual human beings here. It's too easily forgotten.

On the Net, we get both solitude and contact. This can leave us with an imbalance that we don't immediately notice. Our personas are not all that we are, though it's tempting to see it that way.

#647474 02/27/04 04:03 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Since Grey knows my name, for the rest of you: Des (short for Desmond) Bohan. Everyone is always welcome to call me Des, although Cobie and CK are nicknames that I'm usually called by smile

And among certain sectors of Legion World, Cobaltus Primus Augustus wink

#647475 02/27/04 05:02 PM
Deputy
Deputy
I'm not running for anything, but my real name is Mike. Minesurfer came from the computer game minesweeper that comes standard with most windows packages. It's the name I use when I beat the high score on expert. I figured no one else would ever be "lame" enough to play that game so that moniker would be available at message boards that I frequent. laugh

Something Filthy!
#647476 02/27/04 05:33 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I'll have to answer for Stupid Cat (His real Name by the way) since I do most of his typing for him. Paws are just not suited for a standard keyboard. I think everyone (or Almost Everyone) Knows my real Name is Chuck Tabor. Some of his typing is also done by my wife Alice, better known as Pagan Lass.

While we both type for him he full accepts responsibility for all posts in his name.

Just an Old, Broke-Down, Drunk, Bum!!

With a Power Ring...
#647477 02/27/04 07:16 PM
Pov Offline
Don't Stop Peelieving
Don't Stop Peelieving
I've exposed myself so many times on the internet laugh , I forget people may not have been around then. (Probably they're better off for the lack of exposure :rolleyes: )

--Brian (<--That's me smile )

#647478 02/29/04 12:41 AM
G
Leader
Leader
G
Thanks to those who responded to my query.

Since an alternate ID (from two people, yet) actually made it to the election ballot ... I guess that just about wraps it up, at least for me *sigh*

#647479 02/29/04 01:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
I'm not running or anything, but my real name is Rufus!

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#647480 02/29/04 10:53 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Cripes, I'm nominating Rufus next time. It has a certain je ne sais quoi which just oozes leadership.

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#647481 02/29/04 11:03 AM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Shall we begin calling you Mrs. Teasdale, FC?

#647482 02/29/04 11:06 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
And Eryk's real name isn't Eryk.

It's Bubba.

Visit the FULL FRONTAL FANDANGO & laugh along with Lash at http://lashlaugh.wordpress.com/
#647483 02/29/04 01:48 PM
Legionnaire!
Legionnaire!
My real name is Thomas Cunningham. No Happy Day's jokes allowed!!!!!

Let the Fun Begin!
#647484 02/29/04 01:49 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Mine is Matthew, or matt as most of you know.

Touch the magic...
#647485 02/29/04 01:59 PM
Wanderer
Wanderer
I've never tried to hide who I am, it's Mrs. Belinda Hill, or Bill or Bee to my friends.

#647486 02/29/04 02:35 PM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
"Mrs. Teasdale" will do fine, young man. Just don't ask me to lend you money. wink

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#647487 02/29/04 03:18 PM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Rumor is that Pov's REAL name is actually Herbie the Robot!

#647488 02/29/04 08:12 PM
S
Stu Offline OP
Time Trapper
OP Offline
Time Trapper
S
My name is StuRat, and I'm a postaholic.

#647489 02/29/04 08:36 PM
Trap Timer
Trap Timer
Originally posted by Fat Cramer:
"Mrs. Teasdale" will do fine, young man. Just don't ask me to lend you money.
I'm fighting for this woman's honor, which is probably more than she's ever done.

#647490 03/01/04 02:31 AM
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Is Ambassador Trentino on the premises?

Holy Cats of Egypt!
#647491 03/01/04 06:18 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by minesurfer:
I thought we all looked like our avatars...
Of course we do!!!! Or Ramon Novarro, take your pick!! laugh

#647492 03/01/04 06:21 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
As for pictures and a name...I've posted both before. Names Julio and there are still some pics of me in the album (granted those aren't the pics you REALLY want, but those will be back when you least expect it! laugh )

#647493 03/01/04 06:24 PM
Vee Offline
Time Trapper
Time Trapper
Originally posted by Eryk Davis Ester:
According to Cobalt Kid's platform, he plans to:

"Have all Legion World children who are not prophecized to be great warriors thrown to the lions!"

What is your position on the issue?
This might be a bit extreme. Why not let them feed the lions. It'll teach them to treat all creatures kindly. (Told you I've been owned by cats my entire life! laugh )

#647494 03/04/04 07:58 AM
Just some general questions to throw out to the other canidates on this penultimate date of voting.

If a plane crashes directly on the border between two countries, where do they bury the unidentified survivors, in the country they were traveling to or the country they were traveling from?

Is it OK to go skating on an empty stomach?

Why are people so tired April 1st?

There is a rope ladder hanging over the side of a ship. The rungs are 9 inches apart. At low tide the last rung just reaches the water. If the tide rises 3 feet, how many rungs are under water?

Can a man marry his widow's sister?

#647495 03/04/04 08:36 AM
Active
Active
**Purr**

1. It depends on where and when those survivors die. lol
2. Cats don't skate, so who cares.
3. Some dummies march all of the previous month. (Cats don't)
4. Four. (Cats can figger! Maybe?)
5. Yes, unless he likes his mother in law better

**Purr**

#647496 03/04/04 08:43 AM
**Purr**

1. It depends on where and when those survivors die. lol
2. Cats don't skate, so who cares.
3. Some dummies march all of the previous month. (Cats don't)
4. Four. (Cats can figger! Maybe?)
5. Yes, unless he likes his mother in law better

**Purr**
3 out of 5 isn't bad

Actually 2 out of 5 (I re-read your answer to #2)

#647497 03/04/04 11:05 AM
Bold Flavors
Bold Flavors
Won't skating on an empty stomach kill someone?

And if a rope is hanging from a ship, won't the ship stay above the water as much as it would have on high tide or low?

And my qustion: If the wind is blowing east at 40 Miles an hour, and a rooster is standing on top of a roof facing north, if the rooster lays an egg, what direction will the egg fall of of the house?

#647498 03/04/04 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Cobalt Kid:

And my qustion: If the wind is blowing east at 40 Miles an hour, and a rooster is standing on top of a roof facing north, if the rooster lays an egg, what direction will the egg fall of of the house?
Is the rooster a Rhode Island Red?

On Bizarro World, the egg would fall up.

Everywhere else, there would be no egg

#647499 03/04/04 11:17 AM
Wanderer
Wanderer
Just some general questions to throw out to the other canidates on this penultimate date of voting.

If a plane crashes directly on the border between two countries, where do they bury the unidentified survivors, in the country they were traveling to or the country they were traveling from?

BTW, I didn't cheat by looking at FC's or CK's answers.

Is it OK to go skating on an empty stomach?

Why are people so tired April 1st?

There is a rope ladder hanging over the side of a ship. The rungs are 9 inches apart. At low tide the last rung just reaches the water. If the tide rises 3 feet, how many rungs are under water?

Can a man marry his widow's sister?
1. You don't bury survivors.
2. Ice is better.
3. They've just finished a long march.
4. No rungs, the boat also rises.
5. No, he can't marry his widow's sister, because he is dead.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
ShoutChat
Forum Statistics
Forums14
Topics21,019
Posts1,044,937
Legionnaires1,729
Most Online53,886
Jan 7th, 2024
Newest Legionnaires
Mimi, max kord, Duke, CBSutherland2000, Arumidden
1,729 Registered Legionnaires
Today's Birthdays
walkwithcrowds
Random Holo-Vids
Who's Who in the LMBP
Tiffany Spiffany
Tiffany Spiffany
Mayavale University
ShanghallaLegion of Super-Heroes & all related proper names & images are ™ & © material of DC Comics, Inc. & are used herein without its permission.
This site is intended solely to celebrate & publicize these characters & their creators.
No commercial benefit, nor any use beyond the “fair use” review & commentary provisions of United States copyright law, is either intended or implied.
Posts made on this message board must not be reproduced without the author's consent.
The Legion World Star